Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

Leave Us To
3/17/2022 11:25am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2022 11:27am
mxb2 wrote:
The careers for the top guys to be champs isnt that long, get as many wins, titles money , etc as possible .You always. say it...
The careers for the top guys to be champs isnt that long, get as many wins, titles money , etc as possible .You always. say it isnt about the money, so why isnt gajser,herlings febvre racing for a salary of 50k a year. You know, according to you the prestige, integrity of the sport. You are a fool if you think $$ doesnt come into play.
People respond to your 50K comment about MXGP riders and you reply using American riders? Way to really make a point.

Why did Sun, Hansen, Bailey and LaPorte go to the MXdN in 1981 since they weren't getting any points or purse money?
mxb2
3/17/2022 2:22pm
mxb2 wrote:
The careers for the top guys to be champs isnt that long, get as many wins, titles money , etc as possible .You always. say it...
The careers for the top guys to be champs isnt that long, get as many wins, titles money , etc as possible .You always. say it isnt about the money, so why isnt gajser,herlings febvre racing for a salary of 50k a year. You know, according to you the prestige, integrity of the sport. You are a fool if you think $$ doesnt come into play.
People respond to your 50K comment about MXGP riders and you reply using American riders? Way to really make a point. Why did Sun, Hansen, Bailey...
People respond to your 50K comment about MXGP riders and you reply using American riders? Way to really make a point.

Why did Sun, Hansen, Bailey and LaPorte go to the MXdN in 1981 since they weren't getting any points or purse money?
Point was. Top dudes can survive without millions but choose to take the big money. , Everybody would including you and me. And the 81 team assuming they all wanted to go race dirt bikes, that the bosses approved and paid for.
Leave Us To
3/17/2022 9:54pm
mxb2 wrote:
Point was. Top dudes can survive without millions but choose to take the big money. , Everybody would including you and me. And the 81 team...
Point was. Top dudes can survive without millions but choose to take the big money. , Everybody would including you and me. And the 81 team assuming they all wanted to go race dirt bikes, that the bosses approved and paid for.
Well that sure clarifies things.
mattyhamz2
3/17/2022 11:11pm
Joshracing wrote:
Why on Earth would he want to go and race a National Series, over the World Champs? He might as well race the Dutch Championships and...
Why on Earth would he want to go and race a National Series, over the World Champs? He might as well race the Dutch Championships and be close to home. Jeffrey wouldn't waste his time on this. It's beneath him.
Ya, beating 18-19 guys every week sound way better than trying to beat 39 guys…..

The Shop

mxb2
3/17/2022 11:17pm
mxb2 wrote:
Point was. Top dudes can survive without millions but choose to take the big money. , Everybody would including you and me. And the 81 team...
Well that sure clarifies things.
Yep
LVB107
3/18/2022 9:33am
Rumor in Noord-Brabant is that he is already looking at rental houses to stay..
lostboy819
3/18/2022 11:02am
mxb2 wrote:
Not my life, career, And make sure you tell jett kroc ac etc to sign for less next year at contract time, and tell your boss...
Not my life, career, And make sure you tell jett kroc ac etc to sign for less next year at contract time, and tell your boss your theory . $$ isnt important to you. And you made your point they t should ride free This isnt the 80 s
vet40 wrote:
The best riders with MXGP will be multi millionaires just like in AMA. So why your plucking 50k out the sky is a bit strange. Point...
The best riders with MXGP will be multi millionaires just like in AMA.

So why your plucking 50k out the sky is a bit strange.

Point is if you AMA champ your already a made man, then heading to MXGP to become potentially secure a world title & go down is history as best in the world priceless.

Off course there would be huge salaries involved whichever series your at the sharp end. So in that case money doesn’t hVe to be the main focus.

Pride to win for your country.

mxb2 wrote:
Lol ok man.
I think vet40 is just one of MXgeoffs other user names because he's such a troll. Laughing
3/18/2022 11:14am
They should let Herlings race the AMA series just to end this stupid fucking MXGP vs AMA debate. Wait... I can see it now... if Herlings...
They should let Herlings race the AMA series just to end this stupid fucking MXGP vs AMA debate.

Wait... I can see it now... if Herlings loses, he wasn't in his prime, he needed a year to adapt, blah blah blah. If Herlings wins, Tomac was focussing on being a Dad, the field was depleted, blah blah blah.
I love that you think it would end the debate. In reality, no matter what happened, both AMA and MXGP zealots would find reasons why their series is better. Whoever "lost" would find instances of bad luck, injuries, etc that explain why their superior rider didn't win.
Leave Us To
3/18/2022 11:29am
lostboy819 wrote:
I think vet40 is just one of MXgeoffs other user names because he's such a troll. Laughing
Interesting if you aren't a complete AMA fanboy you get acccused of having multiple accounts or in this case, being someone else.
lostboy819
3/18/2022 11:35am
lostboy819 wrote:
Interesting if you aren't a complete AMA fanboy you get acccused of having multiple accounts or in this case, being someone else.
No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to bash the nationals, not like I would go find a web forum in the UK to talk shit about the MXGPs
Leave Us To
3/18/2022 11:40am
lostboy819 wrote:
No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to bash...
No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to bash the nationals, not like I would go find a web forum in the UK to talk shit about the MXGPs
I haven't seen any bashing only non US posters sharing their opinions. philG is always a voice of reason I have noticed.
TeamFlannel
3/18/2022 4:21pm
Does anyone know if he has any intentions to go to USA this year to race ? MXGP is over for him so this must be...
Does anyone know if he has any intentions to go to USA this year to race ? MXGP is over for him so this must be the best time ever for him to come over and race. And i think ktm will need some help to stop tomac to go 24-0

sjodin73
3/18/2022 4:47pm
LVB107 wrote:
Haha so noone has picked up on this yet Smile
USA
3/18/2022 4:57pm
LVB107 wrote:
sjodin73 wrote:
I believe LVB is pretty damn plugged in over there. Interesting rumor for sure..
romain524
3/18/2022 9:16pm
LVB107 wrote:
Then it’s time to get your gearbag ready and hit a couple rounds this summer with your buddy! lol
NorCal1975
3/18/2022 10:46pm
I know Herlings has a bunch of sponsors, not sure how many of them are Euro specific. But..... if you are KTM or Redbull, do you get more international interest and eyeballs having Herlings contend for the AMA national title (assuming the MXGP title is out of reach??) I think they would get WAY more exposure overall from both sides of the ocean lettings Herlings contend for a title here IMO.

Of course this all may be a moot point with how his contracts are structured, but would be really cool to see.
Arofin
3/19/2022 1:45am
LVB107 wrote:
sjodin73 wrote:
USA wrote:
I believe LVB is pretty damn plugged in over there. Interesting rumor for sure..
I don't believe it...
vet40
3/19/2022 3:39am
lostboy819 wrote:
No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to bash...
Hey I have no idea who this Geoff guy is. Maybe we share a similar opinion. Tbh I’ve been in the game a while & my opinions come from Chatting to friends within the sport. I expect most don’t bother to mention within vital from our part of the world. So you consider it trolling.

I’ve always maintained my respect towards USA riders. I just think they are wasting their potential staying within national series, both mx & sx.

motoxxx599
3/19/2022 4:22am
Daniel Blair, on his Friday night show on Patreon just said the talk in pits in Indy Friday was that KTM was putting together a deal for JH to race the full series.

Pit Row

davis224
3/19/2022 4:27am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Daniel Blair, on his Friday night show on Patreon just said the talk in pits in Indy Friday was that KTM was putting together a deal...
Daniel Blair, on his Friday night show on Patreon just said the talk in pits in Indy Friday was that KTM was putting together a deal for JH to race the full series.
That would be awesome, but excuse me while I choke down this giant grain of salt.
Dudley
3/19/2022 7:26am
Would love to see it. He would obviously win a lot of races, but would need to keep it on two wheels for any chance of a championship
RaceFace58
3/19/2022 7:38am
The US hasn't given a shit about the MXDN for years.
vet40 wrote:
Which is a big shame. Lots of you guys think it’s trolling when we mention US riders are national riders. But it’s isn’t trolling, it’s just...
Which is a big shame.

Lots of you guys think it’s trolling when we mention US riders are national riders. But it’s isn’t trolling, it’s just being factual.

Nothing should come before the pride to represent your country at the Mxon, or the chance to be a true world champion racing MXGP.

It’s sad in general the US riders don’t get it. Legacy’s arnt made from bank balances.

Ironically though IMO a US MXGP champ
Would make more then a US SX champ, when uu consider all revenue streams. Social media etc
I agree it’s a shame but at the same time the rules have continued to be changed to stack the deck against the US teams.
Leave Us To
3/19/2022 10:41am
RaceFace58 wrote:
I agree it’s a shame but at the same time the rules have continued to be changed to stack the deck against the US teams.
How so?
sjodin73
3/20/2022 9:41am
Bump, wanna hear more gossip and rumours from the weekend
Leave Us To
3/20/2022 10:47am
RaceFace58 wrote:
Bump

I am looking forward to learning about those rule changes that makes it harder for Team USA at the MXoN.
LVB107
3/20/2022 1:19pm
sjodin73 wrote:
USA wrote:
Arofin wrote:
I don't believe it...
All depends on the recovery.. Plans are there..
mb60
3/20/2022 3:53pm
I have seen Herlings and Tomac both race in person. Herlings is faster but crashes to much in my opinion. Tomac would outrun him for the series. My question is why does everyone want to see the GP riders come to America ? How cool would it be if Barcia or Plessinger races the GP series ?
agn5008
3/20/2022 4:31pm
USA wrote:
Arofin wrote:
I don't believe it...
LVB107 wrote:
All depends on the recovery.. Plans are there..
I’m getting a little too excited…
Phil109
3/20/2022 5:09pm
Please sweet baby moto Jesus let this happen lol
bens152
3/20/2022 5:59pm
Hearing Lars talk about how Kenny, is just going to get well and prep for outdoors and go for the title, with Dylan’s insane fight and speed, he will be so desperate to defend the title after supercross, a happy Tomac on a bike he is loving. Throw Herlings in there, damn we will be up for an exciting series.

Post a reply to: Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

The Latest

The Latest