Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

Brent
3/15/2022 2:59pm
Herlings will be back racing the MXGP championship as soon as possible.

There is currently no interest at KTM Austria in sending him to the United States this year.

So they say.
mxb2
3/15/2022 3:05pm
The US hasn't given a shit about the MXDN for years.
Sounds like sour grapes in view of US not winning since 2011. I am not sure of much but I am sure your post would read...
Sounds like sour grapes in view of US not winning since 2011. I am not sure of much but I am sure your post would read differently if US had been dominating.
So would yours
Brent
3/15/2022 3:08pm
RaceFace58 wrote:
Anyone making sense gets anonymous downvotes. To the Vits yes it makes sense. Sadly it makes perfect sense to them.
Because 90 percent of the members here recently are dumb, ignorant, jingoistic man-children.

Most of the veteran members who made some sense now stay silent...

Downvote if you agree?

The Shop

Joey_Bridges
3/15/2022 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2022 3:21pm
The old trans ama series was awesome.
Other than carlsbad or the old unadilla, it was the only chance to see decoster, lackey, mikkola, pomeroy, etc... duke it out.

It also upped our level of racing in this country too.
We also had our guys on full factory works bikes as well.

That's what we need to see again.
But....
Contracts, and governing bodies get in the way.
That's why we won't see their best over here.
Joey_Bridges
3/15/2022 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2022 4:05pm
vet40 wrote:
Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title. Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx title...
Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title.

Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx title, does anyone really care that much ? Will you be telling your grandkids about it?

Or one of these guys learns how to ride euro tracks aswell & goes and dominates Herlings, Gajser & co in their own back yard. That’s something you wouldn’t forget.

Yep, Pomeroy winning the spanish GP on a bultaco was something I'll never forget.
Then seeing him later that year at saddleback made it even better.
And Lackey is the legend even RC will never be.
mxb2
3/15/2022 4:31pm
mxb2 wrote:
So would yours
You've got a firm grasp of the obvious.
Ditto.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
3/15/2022 7:10pm
Titan1 wrote:
I assume its MXdN victories (and America's 10 year drought in winning the event) that lead some to believe that the MXGP is the premier series-face...
I assume its MXdN victories (and America's 10 year drought in winning the event) that lead some to believe that the MXGP is the premier series-face it, if America had dominated the mxdn every year the past 10 years, like they largely did the 10 years before, this wouldn't be debated. Am I right? Or is there something else?

And if so, doesn't America still have more MXdN wins than any other country? So if it is MXdN wins that matter...then isn't America still the best motocross country in the world?

Oh, but they haven't been recent wins...okay...how many years does America have to win before it matters? One year? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?
mxb2 wrote:
But but but. Quit living in the past. Lol. Ironic 5 year old race is mentioned each herlings post lol.
Well, what else are we supposed to go off of? The argument is, that GP riders have overtaken us in outdoor speed. We have been consistently getting getting our faces kicked in more times than not when we do meet up for races. What is the argument against it? Genuinely asking, I'd love to see beast mode Tomac, a healthy Adam or Sexton, and Jmart finish 1-2 in every race this September. But until that happens, what are we supposed to think?
mxb2
3/15/2022 8:02pm
Titan1 wrote:
I assume its MXdN victories (and America's 10 year drought in winning the event) that lead some to believe that the MXGP is the premier series-face...
I assume its MXdN victories (and America's 10 year drought in winning the event) that lead some to believe that the MXGP is the premier series-face it, if America had dominated the mxdn every year the past 10 years, like they largely did the 10 years before, this wouldn't be debated. Am I right? Or is there something else?

And if so, doesn't America still have more MXdN wins than any other country? So if it is MXdN wins that matter...then isn't America still the best motocross country in the world?

Oh, but they haven't been recent wins...okay...how many years does America have to win before it matters? One year? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?
mxb2 wrote:
But but but. Quit living in the past. Lol. Ironic 5 year old race is mentioned each herlings post lol.
davis224 wrote:
Well, what else are we supposed to go off of? The argument is, that GP riders have overtaken us in outdoor speed. We have been consistently...
Well, what else are we supposed to go off of? The argument is, that GP riders have overtaken us in outdoor speed. We have been consistently getting getting our faces kicked in more times than not when we do meet up for races. What is the argument against it? Genuinely asking, I'd love to see beast mode Tomac, a healthy Adam or Sexton, and Jmart finish 1-2 in every race this September. But until that happens, what are we supposed to think?
Well then mention. The florida mxgp, charlotte, glen helen races. As the ironman race is the only one mentioned.
RaceFace58
3/15/2022 8:33pm
vet40 wrote:
Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title. Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx title...
Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title.

Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx title, does anyone really care that much ? Will you be telling your grandkids about it?

Or one of these guys learns how to ride euro tracks aswell & goes and dominates Herlings, Gajser & co in their own back yard. That’s something you wouldn’t forget.

Yes we’ll remember the countless tales of the horrible food, the dreary weather, the unfriendly people….
Bearuno
3/15/2022 8:59pm
RaceFace58 wrote:
Yes we’ll remember the countless tales of the horrible food, the dreary weather, the unfriendly people….
Great Food, Weather is Weather, and, in my numerous trips and large amount of time there , I've had No problem with anyone. Well, other than a small group of drunk / stoned US Servicemen at the Lommel MXdN, and that was sorted by my then 19 ( I think younger, but you don't mess with a 6'2" young woman who's been steeped in Martial Arts since she could walk Woohoo ) year old Neice putting 2 of them on their arses, and then some very pissed off (at their compatriots conduct), decent, US Servicemen dealing with them. Dealing with them, Rather harshly, as I recall...... they were a great group of blokes and blokettes.

I've also had Great food, Weather that was Weather, and met inumerable nice people in the USA.

It's about finding the 'Great / Good'' food, dealing with the Weather as it comes, and, not being a prick to people - on that front, you really Do get back what you put out.
Boggins
3/15/2022 9:00pm
Herlings would mop up the entire 450 field except Tomac on a few rounds.
TDeath21
3/15/2022 9:27pm
It truly is frustrating we have a sport where the best don’t get to consistently race each other. I’d love for the to have a USGP once per year where it paid points to both series.
WillyB
3/15/2022 9:42pm
gonna happen

stamp it
3/15/2022 10:16pm
Have we got to the part where we claim Ironman and Red Bud as Tomac’s home tracks despite him being born and raised in Colorado?
tuggy450
3/15/2022 10:43pm
Would love to see Herlings race the US series, Guy is one fast dude, awesome to watch. But he gets paid to race Mxgp, so not likely to happen unless KTM is happy with the other guys they have and let him go to KTM USA. for the nationals. Of course if he fails, it just looks bad all around. If he really wanted to do it, I am sure he could make it happen.
Heck he's eligible, could race the 250 nationals and 250 supercross for a few years, pretty sure he could make equal money in US. He just has to want it.
Sideways
3/15/2022 11:45pm
DonM wrote:
He’s contracted to race GP’s….
agn5008 wrote:
You don’t think a guy like Herlings has the pull to convince KTM to let him race over here 🙄
No. Considering that he know is the only fast rider on a 450 ktm. He needs to be at the GPs.
mx313
3/16/2022 12:48am
tuggy450 wrote:
Would love to see Herlings race the US series, Guy is one fast dude, awesome to watch. But he gets paid to race Mxgp, so not...
Would love to see Herlings race the US series, Guy is one fast dude, awesome to watch. But he gets paid to race Mxgp, so not likely to happen unless KTM is happy with the other guys they have and let him go to KTM USA. for the nationals. Of course if he fails, it just looks bad all around. If he really wanted to do it, I am sure he could make it happen.
Heck he's eligible, could race the 250 nationals and 250 supercross for a few years, pretty sure he could make equal money in US. He just has to want it.
No he isn't eligible to race 250 sx.
No ama 450 or mxgp champion is allowed to race 250 sx.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
3/16/2022 3:22am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2022 3:23am
mxb2 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
Well, what else are we supposed to go off of? The argument is, that GP riders have overtaken us in outdoor speed. We have been consistently...
mxb2 wrote:
Well then mention. The florida mxgp, charlotte, glen helen races. As the ironman race is the only one mentioned.
OK, fair enough on the Florida MXGP, I had forgotten we had any MXGP rounds that recrntly. Ironman always gets mentioned though because of the circumstances and the last to 1st, just like if Tomac would have flown over to a European race and done the same thing, we would talk about it forever! The point still stands though, we haven't beaten them since 2017. The burden of proof is on us, we just have to make it happen.
fanger
3/16/2022 4:26am
For the sake of healthy debate, who would you consider the top 5 mx riders on the planet atm.

In no particular order mine are

Tomac
Gather
Herrings
Febvre
Fernando's
mxb2
3/16/2022 4:46am
davis224 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
OK, fair enough on the Florida MXGP, I had forgotten we had any MXGP rounds that recrntly. Ironman always gets mentioned though because of the circumstances...
OK, fair enough on the Florida MXGP, I had forgotten we had any MXGP rounds that recrntly. Ironman always gets mentioned though because of the circumstances and the last to 1st, just like if Tomac would have flown over to a European race and done the same thing, we would talk about it forever! The point still stands though, we haven't beaten them since 2017. The burden of proof is on us, we just have to make it happen.
For sure, but some people have selective memory. Hell josh grant beat the top mxgp guys.
3/16/2022 5:06am
mxb2 wrote:
For sure, but some people have selective memory. Hell josh grant beat the top mxgp guys.
Josh Grant was also flying at Glen Helen. Just like Jessy Nelson was in the MX2 class. The stupidest thing about these discussions is that we undermine some great rides by saying “hell even xyz beat xyz at that race!”.

Coldenhoff may not have done much in the GPs in 18 but he was absolutely on rails at the MXdN. No one would have predicted him going 1-1 like that. Just like how Webb was absolutely flying in that second moto in Charlotte. Or Roczen and Tomac in 2013 at the MXdN. The downhill pass from Febvre to Webb at the downhill in GH was also nuts.

There’s been some great rides from both sides. Yes also from guys that may not have set the world on fire in their own championship that year.
Motofinne
3/16/2022 5:11am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2022 5:21am
mxb2 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
OK, fair enough on the Florida MXGP, I had forgotten we had any MXGP rounds that recrntly. Ironman always gets mentioned though because of the circumstances...
mxb2 wrote:
You're right, people have selective memory. What you wrote in this post is a good example of people having selective memory. Josh Grant straight up beat Dungey, Roczen, Canard, JS7 in the first Glen Helen moto 2014. He was the fastest rider there that day and could've won the whole event but he crashed hard in the second moto (still managed to ride from about last to 15h).

Josh Grant being elite level at Glen Helen isn't anything new and on his day, he was able to beat anyone there.
Joey_Bridges
3/16/2022 5:30am
fanger wrote:
For the sake of healthy debate, who would you consider the top 5 mx riders on the planet atm. In no particular order mine are Tomac...
For the sake of healthy debate, who would you consider the top 5 mx riders on the planet atm.

In no particular order mine are

Tomac
Gather
Herrings
Febvre
Fernando's
I vote for the school of fish.
mxb2
3/16/2022 5:34am
mxb2 wrote:
EnvyMedia wrote:
Josh Grant was also flying at Glen Helen. Just like Jessy Nelson was in the MX2 class. The stupidest thing about these discussions is that we...
Josh Grant was also flying at Glen Helen. Just like Jessy Nelson was in the MX2 class. The stupidest thing about these discussions is that we undermine some great rides by saying “hell even xyz beat xyz at that race!”.

Coldenhoff may not have done much in the GPs in 18 but he was absolutely on rails at the MXdN. No one would have predicted him going 1-1 like that. Just like how Webb was absolutely flying in that second moto in Charlotte. Or Roczen and Tomac in 2013 at the MXdN. The downhill pass from Febvre to Webb at the downhill in GH was also nuts.

There’s been some great rides from both sides. Yes also from guys that may not have set the world on fire in their own championship that year.
Thats my point, great riders can have a great day at certain times, winning a full series is a whole new situation.
Leave Us To
3/16/2022 6:20am
RaceFace58 wrote:
The 20th century is calling and wants your dated impression of Europe back.
Leave Us To
3/16/2022 6:32am
Since this thread no longer has anything to do with Herlings coming to the Lucas Oil Nationals, here is a thread dedicated to the pissing contest of who is faster.
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
3/16/2022 6:41am
I just don’t understand why you guys argue about this. I think we’d all love to see every one of these guys line up together for a full true World MX championship. None of us have any idea who would win. Hell, Tomac could win one year, Gajser the next then Herlings the year after. Then what would that prove? I’ll tell you what it would prove… It would prove that they’re all bad ass at riding dirt bikes. Which we all already know that sooo 🤷‍♂️

Post a reply to: Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

The Latest