Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/15/2022 7:48 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Funny the euro fans always say, quit living in the past, mxon. Lately, but cant let 2017 ironman go but forget charlotte mxgp, ...more

davis224 wrote:

Because it was pretty damn impressive and it won a lot of people's respect. All you can go off of is race results, and more ...more

He already has.

|

3/15/2022 7:48 AM

What do you mean by premier? Premier talent or premier show/money. Cause you could argue talent all day either way because there’s no concrete argument one way or another because they don’t race each other . But if you’re arguing premier show/popularity/money I’d say it has to be the U.S.

|

3/15/2022 7:53 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Funny the euro fans always say, quit living in the past, mxon. Lately, but cant let 2017 ironman go but forget charlotte mxgp, ...more

davis224 wrote:

Because it was pretty damn impressive and it won a lot of people's respect. All you can go off of is race results, and more ...more

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

He already has.

Yep, and gajser, febvre,cairoli,anstie. Etc.

|

3/15/2022 8:02 AM

Or should Kawasaki let Romain febvre ride AMA motocross ? AC would not be ready for outdoors? i dont know but that knee injury is like 4-6 months healing time ? I think it would be even less likely then Herlings to get him over but it would be cool to have them both racing outdoors this summer.

|

3/15/2022 8:03 AM

The whole Iron Man this, Iron Man that gets a bit old... The Herlings nut huggers forget that Tomac beat him by 28 seconds a few weeks later at WW Ranch.

They would be 2 of the 3 fastest guys on the track in any outdoor motocross series. Neither would dominate the other and it would be an absolute delight to see them race a series against each other. I'm a Gajser fan, but have no animosity towards Herlings at all, just his idiot fans... In fact, I love the speed the guy has.

The "nationals is lower tier" BS shows your ignorance.

Let the downvotes flow...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

With ZachO retired, it's JA21 and AP for me...

TG243 fan!

3/15/2022 8:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2022 8:10 AM

kb228 : "Do you see huge factory support semis in the GPs? No... "

Yes, you do.

You might want to take a look at the GP pits, sometime, sport. Perhaps you've only seen the 'fly away' pits - but, even they are pretty impressive. Their 'crating' of both bikes and work stations are just superb examples of 'getting it done'.

Do some research / look at the series you are commenting on.

These GPs vs US Nationals threads are just pathetic and, childish. And, seemingly, never ending. whistling


|

3/15/2022 9:01 AM

ayearinmx wrote:

No semis...eh? Photo

Didn’t you know the entirety of Europe is made of roads only suitable for 1950’s minis?

|

3/15/2022 9:15 AM

Herlings is scared

|

3/15/2022 9:25 AM

Holy pulling incorrect info out of your ass

|

3/15/2022 9:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2022 9:36 AM

"Why is a five time - and current - WORLD champion not riding our NATIONAL championship ?". Now read it loud, as many time as you need before the answer flashes.

|

3/15/2022 9:54 AM

Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title.

Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx title, does anyone really care that much ? Will you be telling your grandkids about it?

Or one of these guys learns how to ride euro tracks aswell & goes and dominates Herlings, Gajser & co in their own back yard. That’s something you wouldn’t forget.

|

3/15/2022 9:58 AM

vet40 wrote:

Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title.

Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx ...more

Webb, Tomac, and Anderson are all World Champions

|

3/15/2022 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2022 10:03 AM

vet40 wrote:

Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title.

Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx ...more

You can't discredit SX that much. How can you say no one will care lol. Many people consider it the premier title to get over GP and US outdoors. not saying that's my opinion but this had been said many times. Even ET3 said he wants the SX title over outdoors. Plenty of GP riders have come over here to try and make it in SX. Same can't be said about SX/US outdoors riders wanting to go a Race GPs.

This is coming from someone who 10000% prefers watching motocross in general over SX.

|

3/15/2022 10:01 AM

spojetski wrote:

"Why is a five time - and current - WORLD champion not riding our NATIONAL championship ?". Now read it loud, as many time as ...more

Because he wants to race the other half of the best riders in the world...and they race here.

|

3/15/2022 10:01 AM

early wrote:

Webb, Tomac, and Anderson are all World Champions

Explain

|

3/15/2022 10:03 AM

|

3/15/2022 10:09 AM

spojetski wrote:

"Why is a five time - and current - WORLD champion not riding our NATIONAL championship ?". Now read it loud, as many time as ...more

Because the USA national championships do not compare to national championships in other countries. How many times has a rider moved to another country to compete in their national championship? It has happened here many many times. Also, the USA sells a lot of bikes and companies want their bikes out front in hopes it will increase sales. I hate to say this being "Merican" and all, but it seems the GPs may have surpassed our nationals in recent years.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

3/15/2022 10:10 AM

He should, but it wouldn't matter as no one is beating ET3, the FMOTP.

|

3/15/2022 10:11 AM

fourfourone wrote:

You can't discredit SX that much. How can you say no one will care lol. Many people consider it the premier title to get over ...more

Yeah sure, I’m the past the situations have been different.

MXGP hasn’t always been as strong, SX hasn’t always been such a meat grinder.

But let’s think presently. Right now the premier competition is MXGP, it’s the greatest test of a rider.

The talent of the riders, the standard of the bikes nowadays has outgrown what a stadium track can offer. Sx has plateaued.

MXGP has far more potential, if a US elite rider went and won a championship the sport would be elevated for everyone involved.

The bragging rights would also be unreal.

|

3/15/2022 10:21 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Funny the euro fans always say, quit living in the past, mxon. Lately, but cant let 2017 ironman go but forget charlotte mxgp, ...more

davis224 wrote:

Because it was pretty damn impressive and it won a lot of people's respect. All you can go off of is race results, and more ...more

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

He already has.

When was the last time he beat Herlings? I've beaten some people on the gate last weekend in the past, but I don't believe I could come close to qualifying today.

|

3/15/2022 10:27 AM

|

3/15/2022 10:34 AM

theToothPerry wrote:

A world championship held in one country. Lol

A World Championship held without some of the worlds best MX riders. Lol

|

3/15/2022 12:19 PM

A world championship with riders from all over the world competing in it.

|

3/15/2022 12:33 PM

RaceFace58 wrote:

This whole euro vs US thing. All I will ask the GP side is give me one significant bike handling technique that the euros have ...more

Please give it a rest with the "my American dad's faster than your French dad" stuff. Think we're on day 3 at least.

On topic, depending on when Herlings can return to MXGP, the OP raises a good question. If it was any other manufacturer than KTM I would say no way this could ever happen (different budgets, bonuses, etc) but given it is KTM, nothing they do suprises me. What a company!

|

3/15/2022 12:46 PM

Why do these threads always have to turn into pissing contests? I just think it would be interesting as hell if Herlings did come to the US for the entire outdoor series.

|

3/15/2022 12:56 PM

spojetski wrote:

"Why is a five time - and current - WORLD champion not riding our NATIONAL championship ?". Now read it loud, as many time as ...more

So will the FIM WORLD SUPERCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP be the premier supercross series since it has 'world' in it? A name of a series means nothing.

|

3/15/2022 1:38 PM

I assume its MXdN victories (and America's 10 year drought in winning the event) that lead some to believe that the MXGP is the premier series-face it, if America had dominated the mxdn every year the past 10 years, like they largely did the 10 years before, this wouldn't be debated. Am I right? Or is there something else?

And if so, doesn't America still have more MXdN wins than any other country? So if it is MXdN wins that matter...then isn't America still the best motocross country in the world?

Oh, but they haven't been recent wins...okay...how many years does America have to win before it matters? One year? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?

|

3/15/2022 1:42 PM

Titan1 wrote:

I assume its MXdN victories (and America's 10 year drought in winning the event) that lead some to believe that the MXGP is ...more

But but but. Quit living in the past. Lol. Ironic 5 year old race is mentioned each herlings post lol.

|

3/15/2022 1:55 PM

The US hasn't given a shit about the MXDN for years.

|

3/15/2022 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2022 2:36 PM

fourfourone wrote:

The US hasn't given a shit about the MXDN for years.

Sounds like sour grapes in view of US not winning since 2011. I am not sure of much but I am sure your post would read differently if US had been dominating.

|