Sorry not sorry dc

str8line
5/29/2022 6:45am
ns503 wrote:
Yesterday was a bit aggravating, yes, trying to watch the race on a screen. But some of the hate here is kind of over the top.
Zycki11 wrote:
Agreed, keep it about MAVTV
Spoonguy wrote:
It's not about MAVTV, MAVTV is a symptom of the problems in our sport we all love, and shit shows like this won't end with MAVTV...
It's not about MAVTV, MAVTV is a symptom of the problems in our sport we all love, and shit shows like this won't end with MAVTV. It is not really MAVTV's fault, they are simply the contractor chosen by the powers that be in our sport to broadcast the 50th anniversary of our multi-million dollar, internationally attended and competed, invested in by multi-billion dollar international companies, people risking their lives in sport. It is not like MAVTV took the broadcasting rights from someone else, they were selected, as Mathes and DC and that whole cabal has stated again and again. The powers that be in our sport had plenty of time to vet who ever they chose to air the motos. You would be certain very specific contracts were signed, and the "technical difficulties" of the ads in the first round didn't mean someone still wasn't getting paid for the broadcast of the ads. Outdoor MX in this country has very closed books about their cash flow, and make no mistake-it is a cash cow. And 57 year old DC is certain to milk it for today, with no care of tomorrow. With shit shows like this broadcast and a tightening economy does anyone expect Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, or Suzuki to promote their products this way very long. World SX would not even be considered if MXSports wasn't such a shit show.

I disagree with the notion that DC is milking our sport. Just my opinion but I refuse to be jaded and honestly think he wants what's best for our sport. He's a motocross lifer like very few can claim to be. It's obvious he still lives this sport. Not to mention what other promoter is as open with fellow fans as he is? We are fortunate he posts here and that is a sign that he is one of us. This too shall pass.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
5/29/2022 6:49am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 6:51am
8 pages in just 17 hours, that might be a record. Shows you, don’t mess with peoples money. We paid for a service that we though would be decent, they have been streaming races for what, 4 years now? And somehow, they took 1000 steps backwards with their service. As much as I love moto, this might be the first year I don’t watch a race and just watch the highlights. I’m not sitting around to watch a 30 minute moto but they only show what, 10 minutes of actually racing?!
Johnny Ringo
5/29/2022 6:53am
I paid for a service (mav tv plus), and it had commercials. So I switched to another (YouTube) and it was free without commercials. This doesn't...
I paid for a service (mav tv plus), and it had commercials. So I switched to another (YouTube) and it was free without commercials. This doesn't even make sense...
The MavTV Plus subscription was never advertised as commercial free. Why did you pay for the service?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Never advertised as commercial free, and they confirmed yesterday that it should be commercial free.
I was led to believe that we would have commercials but it would be during natural breaks in the program, not mid moto. But maybe I misunderstood
motoman154__
Fantasy
3335th
5/29/2022 7:21am
I was led to believe that we would have commercials but it would be during natural breaks in the program, not mid moto. But maybe I...
I was led to believe that we would have commercials but it would be during natural breaks in the program, not mid moto. But maybe I misunderstood
https://racerxonline.com/2022/05/11/mavtv-and-mavtv-plus-streaming-serv…

Here’s the RacerX press release from the MavTV plus announcement. No mention of a commercial-free broadcast. If someone led you to believe otherwise, it wasn’t Mav or RacerX.

The Shop

davis224
Fantasy
165th
5/29/2022 7:25am
I paid for a service (mav tv plus), and it had commercials. So I switched to another (YouTube) and it was free without commercials. This doesn't...
I paid for a service (mav tv plus), and it had commercials. So I switched to another (YouTube) and it was free without commercials. This doesn't even make sense...
The MavTV Plus subscription was never advertised as commercial free. Why did you pay for the service?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Never advertised as commercial free, and they confirmed yesterday that it should be commercial free.
That's what kind of threw me for a loop. Did they decide last minute it would be ad free after months of people complaining about it? Seems like they should have advertised that.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/29/2022 7:33am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
davis224 wrote:
That's what kind of threw me for a loop. Did they decide last minute it would be ad free after months of people complaining about it...
That's what kind of threw me for a loop. Did they decide last minute it would be ad free after months of people complaining about it? Seems like they should have advertised that.
Sounds like the PR department weren't on the same page and it was all a big fuck up.

It was advertised like the MAVTV+ package was possibly going to get PIP for commercials, but it now sounds like the PIP was intended for the regular MAVTV broadcast while MAVTV+ is intended to be commercial free.

It's a mess, but I think it'll all be sorted out for round 2.
Spoonguy
5/29/2022 7:35am
Zycki11 wrote:
Agreed, keep it about MAVTV
Spoonguy wrote:
It's not about MAVTV, MAVTV is a symptom of the problems in our sport we all love, and shit shows like this won't end with MAVTV...
It's not about MAVTV, MAVTV is a symptom of the problems in our sport we all love, and shit shows like this won't end with MAVTV. It is not really MAVTV's fault, they are simply the contractor chosen by the powers that be in our sport to broadcast the 50th anniversary of our multi-million dollar, internationally attended and competed, invested in by multi-billion dollar international companies, people risking their lives in sport. It is not like MAVTV took the broadcasting rights from someone else, they were selected, as Mathes and DC and that whole cabal has stated again and again. The powers that be in our sport had plenty of time to vet who ever they chose to air the motos. You would be certain very specific contracts were signed, and the "technical difficulties" of the ads in the first round didn't mean someone still wasn't getting paid for the broadcast of the ads. Outdoor MX in this country has very closed books about their cash flow, and make no mistake-it is a cash cow. And 57 year old DC is certain to milk it for today, with no care of tomorrow. With shit shows like this broadcast and a tightening economy does anyone expect Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, or Suzuki to promote their products this way very long. World SX would not even be considered if MXSports wasn't such a shit show.
ns503 wrote:
The contractor didn't fulfill obligations - but it's not their fault?

That's a serious grudge you're carrying there. For whatever reason. Life's too short...
You assume to know the contractual obligations, or you do know? Which is it? Curious to know the ins and outs of this contract you know the facts of. I have no grudge at all, I come from an age with Wide World of Sports Carlsbad as our only coverage, so I am grateful for anything aired at all. But it is obvious the sport is being milked. Once again, where does the money from the sport ultimately land.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
5/29/2022 7:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
davis224 wrote:
That's what kind of threw me for a loop. Did they decide last minute it would be ad free after months of people complaining about it...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Sounds like the PR department weren't on the same page and it was all a big fuck up. It was advertised like the MAVTV+ package was...
Sounds like the PR department weren't on the same page and it was all a big fuck up.

It was advertised like the MAVTV+ package was possibly going to get PIP for commercials, but it now sounds like the PIP was intended for the regular MAVTV broadcast while MAVTV+ is intended to be commercial free.

It's a mess, but I think it'll all be sorted out for round 2.
Sounds like they really have their shit together. Hope they turn it around.
PFitzG38
5/29/2022 7:55am
tek14 wrote:
MXGP-tv cost same 100 per year. No adds and 20 rounds of racing with additional 125, Women, Open, emx250 races together with MX2/MXGP. That streaming service...
MXGP-tv cost same 100 per year. No adds and 20 rounds of racing with additional 125, Women, Open, emx250 races together with MX2/MXGP. That streaming service works and no BS like US Ama every year something going wrong..
What streaming service do you use to get Mxgp? I’ve only been able to find it on the web. Would love to use an app
CR92
5/29/2022 8:00am
Honestly I thought it was going to have commercials, just not like what we got. I remember someone, maybe it was DC, saying they were going to have picture-in-picture for the commercials, so we wouldn't miss any of the racing. Could be wrong on that.
The red flag for mavtv that bugged me from the get go is i was going to have to hook my laptop up to my 6 month old smart tv just to watch the race. That's asinine in this day and age.
brocster
5/29/2022 8:01am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 8:15am
One would think that when awarding contracts the actual contract would be written based on the learnings of the last 30 years and mistakes making it progressively better and not what appears to be a contract written on a blank sheet of paper. This is not MavTv’s nor MX Sports first rodeo and it boggles my mind that it always seems as such that we have these same discussions year after year. If the goal is to not have your product delivered as good or better than last year, don’t have it at all. If it premiers as “less than” this is what you end up with. Do better!
Spoonguy
5/29/2022 8:12am
Spoonguy wrote:
Mav is the one promoted repeatedly by DC and Mathes, follow the money.
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Layoff the spoonguy [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/05/29/552766/s1200_8B36D7C9_B6B9_406A_BE64_0BCEB9C3F26E.jpg[/img]
Layoff the spoonguy

I don't even know what the hell that is. Really doesn't help me to see your point, if you even have one. I assume you think the current MXSports is doing great for the sport? That DC doesn't make any money from pro racing in the States, and that he is an altruistic dutch uncle of the Sport? That MAV is cutting edge coverage?
8tensolutions
5/29/2022 8:55am
The pitchforks, torches, and cancel culture in this thread is unbelievable. Blaming DC because of of the first race being a shitshow on MavTV and somehow making it about Matthes and him pocketing cash through a conspiracy? The craziness is unreal, even for Vital. You paid $7 for this whole month and only $3.50 if you used the code...... less than you likely spent on coffee or Monster and then you jump on the bandwagon with literally zero knowledge of details or giving them a chance to correct it. Mav TV clearly was not prepared for the traffic on their site, did a terrible job communicating whether there would be commercials, and they colossally messed up yesterday in other ways. BUT, they made it right in a way Peacock never would have (Peacock was never an option by the way).....by tossing the whole event on YouTube so everyone could go back and watch it. They also had MC and RJ in the booth which was 1000 times better than any combo we have seen in SX, not to mention JT in the pits. How about we give them a chance to fix it this week and see how that goes?

Also, if you look back, there are probably 100 threads about how terrible Peacock was and week after week we had to read through that garbage. Again, yesterday was NOT OK, but give them a chance to fix it and stop blaming some conspiracy BS by the guy that has devoted his life to moto, and his whole family has done the same. Do they make money, hell yes and they should. None of us work for free, but you guys are acting like he is embezzling money from your personal bank account with this garbage. Assume the best in him and everyone trying to bring you the best for the sport.
Zycki11
5/29/2022 9:12am
DC is a legit dude who breathes moto, but they had to see this coming. They knew they were behind the curve and threw Hail Marys out and hoped. Here’s to getting it fixed and moving forwards.

Oh, and JT$ killed it and will be an excellent addition. We need people like him who speak well snd have the knowledge. That’s progress and how you keep moving ahead.
Zycki11
5/29/2022 9:13am
On a side note, JT I know you gotta wear the fanny. But holy hell hahahaha
theraptur712
5/29/2022 10:00am
10 minutes into the live 1st moto I said F-IT and turned it off.

I watched the replay this morning. Much better. It seems they kicked out many of the commercials and the few in the replay were much shorter plus I could FF 30 secs and be back on racing.

We will see about next week. I went month to month so if they don't fix it I am not out much.

Project 2501
Fantasy
288th
5/29/2022 10:04am
Also, DC, my nearly new concrete pad is showing fatigue you'd expect after decades of use. I can't believe you would let this happen.
RCMXracing
5/29/2022 10:15am
MavTV + replay is perfecto, no lag, clear picture and no commercials except a short Stacyc promo lead in.
5/29/2022 10:45am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 10:46am
I work Saturdays. Paid for the subscription. Error 505 8hrs after the race. Had to watch it free on YouTube. Canceled MAVTV tv plus subcription. Everyone needs to do the same.
mxbigd17
5/29/2022 11:27am
Can something be done with the crappy picture quality feed DC. 4K TV’s being fed a SD signal turns out pretty shitty to watch. Currently watching the Indy 500 on Peacock and it is vibrant and crystal clear, very appealing to watch. MavTv plus feed was dull and blurry.
yota
5/29/2022 11:36am
all you guys saying fuck it, I'll just watch it on YouTube every week. It was only on YouTube this once because they knew they fucked up. the races will not be on YouTube every week.
tek14
5/29/2022 11:36am
tek14 wrote:
MXGP-tv cost same 100 per year. No adds and 20 rounds of racing with additional 125, Women, Open, emx250 races together with MX2/MXGP. That streaming service...
MXGP-tv cost same 100 per year. No adds and 20 rounds of racing with additional 125, Women, Open, emx250 races together with MX2/MXGP. That streaming service works and no BS like US Ama every year something going wrong..
PFitzG38 wrote:
What streaming service do you use to get Mxgp? I’ve only been able to find it on the web. Would love to use an app
App is called Web browser. Works on every TV, laptop or pad. What more you need app for?
PFitzG38
5/29/2022 12:01pm
tek14 wrote:
App is called Web browser. Works on every TV, laptop or pad. What more you need app for?
I’m well aware of the browser access. That's just an url. I thought you meant an actual app that you could sideload onto a firestick or android streaming device
brimx153
5/29/2022 1:47pm
Can we get rid of the rider profile s during a race . What a terrible idea !!!
8tensolutions
5/29/2022 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 2:16pm
yota wrote:
all you guys saying fuck it, I'll just watch it on YouTube every week. It was only on YouTube this once because they knew they fucked...
all you guys saying fuck it, I'll just watch it on YouTube every week. It was only on YouTube this once because they knew they fucked up. the races will not be on YouTube every week.
Yep, and I am sure everything they have led or done has turned out flawless
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
5/29/2022 2:21pm
brimx153 wrote:
Can we get rid of the rider profile s during a race . What a terrible idea !!!
Yes times 1million. They are great between motos. All the ads and commercials plus these just isnt working. Show all this between and maybe a scrolling banner for ads. . We’ll support them. As said many times the picture quality and sound need major help. I love the nationals. Hoping to be amazed next rd. 🤞
gerg
5/29/2022 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 3:02pm
Did they really think that putting commercials/story pieces and track maps in a paid service while there is actual racing happening would be okay?

How did they not realise that there would be massive and fully fking deserved backlash over this...it's a real head scratcher that's for sure.

Stinks of greed because they are surely not this incompetent and I hope all of you cancel your subs and not go back...you all got jipped Sad

I've read the first couple of pages will read the rest later....has DC responded?

Edit: To the people saying they'd "pay more" for commercial free. Don't be fking simps...it's already expensive enough and shouldn't have ads in the first place.

Edit 2: Just read the commercials were from technical difficulties so there's hope. Doesn't excuse the other story pieces and track map updates in the middle of racing.
McG194
5/29/2022 3:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 3:10pm
Well, I'm one who usually sticks up for the coverage and tells people they have no idea how good we have it now compared to the 1 (900) PRO-RACE days. However, yesterday was one of the biggest swings and misses I can remember.

Streaming trouble is excusable on a first broadcast, shit happens. What isn't excusable is a track preview 10 minutes into the race, features during the race, missing action (McAdoo's crash), excessive commercials and not having enough spotters to know that Kenny is still in 2nd when the transponder takes a shit.

Everyone deserves a Mulligan, this is yours. Next week should see a vast improvement.

Side note: The mea culpa on Insta was a good start but since DC is called out specifically in this thread and we know he reads it should be addressed here. Screwing up is acceptable, ignoring it isn't.
sandtrack315
5/29/2022 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 3:12pm
App is a big downgrade from Peacock. I tuned in to try to watch halfway, and rewind to watch the first motos, and it was just a blurry mess of the second motos, and I couldn’t pause or rewind. Super annoying not to be able to do that. Waited until they uploaded the races to watch.

Post a reply to: Sorry not sorry dc

The Latest