Sorry not sorry dc

5/28/2022 6:20pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I really hope this gets better, because if it doesn’t and World SX takes off DC and MX Sports are going to be in trouble…
Unfortunately, I was thinking the same thing when this debacle of a broadcast was unfolding today. I had to watch the race on friggin' Facebook.
TXDirt
5/28/2022 6:23pm
If MavTv was an internet service.

TXDirt
5/28/2022 6:26pm
DC trying to convince everyone that the MavTv phone is better than the iPhone.

Or maybe this is DC negotiating the switch from Peacock to MavTv.

Either way it’s not good.

Racerman967
5/28/2022 6:28pm
My guess is DC is paying MAVTV to cover this and the commercials are an attempt to break even. But you are correct, If there is no TV audience Factory teams will not spend the money to race all over the country. And if WSX does take off outdoors will be a 6 race series amongst privateers. This isn't the 70's or 80's Team spend millions of dollars every season.

To have this poor of production right out of the gate is bad. Just follow the F1 playbook and get on sponsor to pay for commercial free coverage. Have a different on every race. And don't hire the camera guys and producers from Raceday live.

The Shop

ctbale
5/28/2022 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2022 6:33pm
Horse shit, as soon as I can get on their fucked up website I will cancel. I downloaded the app and its crashing so bad I cant use it. What a junk, fucked up service.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
5/28/2022 6:39pm
I feel ripped off. To make it worse I convinced a mate to subscribe and now he is pissed at me.

Why can't we have a deal like SX? Watch on demand with no fucking adds. Someone is pocketing the add money whilst the paying fans are getting screwed.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
5/28/2022 6:58pm
paddyB745 wrote:
Why pay at all, commercials or not if you can just watch for free on Facebook or YouTube? Assuming those will stream live every round.
They won't be. I'll give MavTV one thing, if NBC/Peacock had fucked up, they wouldn't have put it on Facebook and YouTube for free. But also, they never fucked up to this degree. Which a lot of people saw coming a mile away.
Harv379
Fantasy
1988th
5/28/2022 7:02pm
I couldn't even get the app to work. Luckily the fb live was decent with no commercials. Just stupid stacyc and rider bio's mid race and of course all of the action happens when they decide to play this nonsense. There's no excuses for their 'overload' of users, they had ratings and estimates which is what helps determine the price to bid for the service and then pitch to sponsors for a ROI. Absolutely terrible. Can't wait to hear matthews defend them on pulp since he's paid by them now. If it was peacock, nbc, or any other provider he would light them on fire.
5/28/2022 7:07pm
We put a man on the moon in 1969. Maybe NASA could show these guys a few things.
Broseph
5/28/2022 7:13pm
hellion wrote:
YouTube didn’t have the commercials either. I want that service. I paid for Mav and it was a joke with all the f’ing commercials in the...
YouTube didn’t have the commercials either. I want that service. I paid for Mav and it was a joke with all the f’ing commercials in the middle of good racing. Something needs to be done. They won’t miss my 5$ but they won’t get it either. If not fixed I’ll just watch the highlight shows.

RJ and MC were awesome though.
It was noted earlier that the commercial-free Youtube stream said “MAVTV Plus” down in the corner. Meaning that was the stream that was supposed to be on the MAVTV Plus app.

Meanwhile the app stream said “MAVTV Live” in the corner of the screen meaning that was the tv stream with all the commercials.

So it appears wires got crossed somewhere. Once they get the correct stream on the app, there shouldn’t be all those commercials and all will be right in the world.
Zycki11
5/28/2022 7:15pm
I even thought the quality of the youtube stream was shite. Pixelated everywhere and it looked like it was streaming in 360p even though I had it at 1440p. I hate bandwagoning on with stuff like this but it is pretty pathetic as a whole. Everyone talks about technical difficulties but this is their job. One would think they would have everything up and running and double checked before going live. I mean after all, they are supposed to be professionals. Bringing in different announcers is awesome and RJ and Jeremy did an excellent job. But when the stream is blurry and the production as a whole looks like it was done by the same ol team who pastes the same shit together year after year it gets tiresome very quickly.
lestat
5/28/2022 7:25pm
Zycki11 wrote:
I even thought the quality of the youtube stream was shite. Pixelated everywhere and it looked like it was streaming in 360p even though I had...
I even thought the quality of the youtube stream was shite. Pixelated everywhere and it looked like it was streaming in 360p even though I had it at 1440p. I hate bandwagoning on with stuff like this but it is pretty pathetic as a whole. Everyone talks about technical difficulties but this is their job. One would think they would have everything up and running and double checked before going live. I mean after all, they are supposed to be professionals. Bringing in different announcers is awesome and RJ and Jeremy did an excellent job. But when the stream is blurry and the production as a whole looks like it was done by the same ol team who pastes the same shit together year after year it gets tiresome very quickly.
I felt like I missed a lot just because the cameras didn’t catch it . I was watching the YouTube feed so it wasn’t because of commercials .
5/28/2022 7:59pm
I didn't bother to pay for the service. Just had a feeling it was going to be a problem. Caught a free stream on YT that was good enough. What a bummer, my summer is always about Sat mx
Richy
5/29/2022 1:52am
Dirtmotocycloracersport gets shit coverage. Sucks to be in love with an unrecognized sport that has been wanting to be a recognized sport since it’s inception. It’s...
Dirtmotocycloracersport gets shit coverage. Sucks to be in love with an unrecognized sport that has been wanting to be a recognized sport since it’s inception. It’s all our fault in the end. When will I not be alone in admitting this?
I'm sure you're trolling, but wow you are some kind of mong.

We all know it is a niche sport, this isn't news, this is why we happily pay money specifically for TV coverage of it, so it's beside the point. Nothing wrong with expecting something worthwhile for our money.

That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here and that is really saying something.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
5/29/2022 2:49am
After reading all these comments a couple thoughts went through my head,
A. I’m glad I was “Too stupid” to get MAVTV, especially after watching it on YouTube for free after I got home. (Even though this supposedly won’t happen again)
B. I’m glad I went and didn’t stay home expecting to watch a peacock / SX quality broadcast (ike a lot of locals did)
C. If DC thinks this a “good deal” (for us MX fans,) I can’t help but wonder that if maybe there’s more to Bud/Glen Helen not wanting to deal with him besides Bud “Just being stubborn and greedy” ?
D. I hope they get it figured out, I don’t mind paying a little extra $ each month to see quality MX/SX coverage. But from the sound of it that’s not what we’re going to get with MAVTV.
E. Fucking A I love the outdoors !!

Richy
5/29/2022 3:14am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 3:15am
For sure, I've got no complaints over the Supercross programming, or the previous Outdoors coverage, usually I'm an "at least we get to watch it at all" guy, but I've never seen anything like yesterday's broadcast, absolutely crazy.
Spoonguy
5/29/2022 4:39am
MXSports needs to go. How long will sponsors of race teams put up with their product being showcased on such a shit broadcast. One day races, no Glen Helen, no two strokes, on and on, DC gives no shit about the fans. Even the revolving play by play scheme, is that because they wouldn't pay for a season long contract to a pro announcer? And JT in the pits, I'm certain he's cheaper than Blair. Out door MX is being killed by myopic profiteers.
ns503
5/29/2022 4:53am
Yesterday was a bit aggravating, yes, trying to watch the race on a screen. But some of the hate here is kind of over the top.
Zycki11
5/29/2022 5:01am
ns503 wrote:
Yesterday was a bit aggravating, yes, trying to watch the race on a screen. But some of the hate here is kind of over the top.
Agreed, keep it about MAVTV
Timo
5/29/2022 5:21am
I watched the replays on the app, don't have time during the day for live racing, no commercials and the quality seemed good. It did say mavtv plus in the lower corner, and it never crashed or did anything weird. I'm guessing they didn't have enough bandwidth for everyone during the live race, which sucks but it's something that can be fixed.
CPan
5/29/2022 5:25am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 5:30am
Replays are finally on the app this morning. They don’t have commercials but they do still have the cutaways for rider profiles, fmx, etc.
Spoonguy
5/29/2022 5:31am
ns503 wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
It's not about MAVTV, MAVTV is a symptom of the problems in our sport we all love, and shit shows like this won't end with MAVTV. It is not really MAVTV's fault, they are simply the contractor chosen by the powers that be in our sport to broadcast the 50th anniversary of our multi-million dollar, internationally attended and competed, invested in by multi-billion dollar international companies, people risking their lives in sport. It is not like MAVTV took the broadcasting rights from someone else, they were selected, as Mathes and DC and that whole cabal has stated again and again. The powers that be in our sport had plenty of time to vet who ever they chose to air the motos. You would be certain very specific contracts were signed, and the "technical difficulties" of the ads in the first round didn't mean someone still wasn't getting paid for the broadcast of the ads. Outdoor MX in this country has very closed books about their cash flow, and make no mistake-it is a cash cow. And 57 year old DC is certain to milk it for today, with no care of tomorrow. With shit shows like this broadcast and a tightening economy does anyone expect Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, or Suzuki to promote their products this way very long. World SX would not even be considered if MXSports wasn't such a shit show.
thundergoat
5/29/2022 5:35am
I paid for a service (mav tv plus), and it had commercials. So I switched to another (YouTube) and it was free without commercials. This doesn't even make sense...
Spoonguy
5/29/2022 6:14am
I paid for a service (mav tv plus), and it had commercials. So I switched to another (YouTube) and it was free without commercials. This doesn't...
I paid for a service (mav tv plus), and it had commercials. So I switched to another (YouTube) and it was free without commercials. This doesn't even make sense...
Mav is the one promoted repeatedly by DC and Mathes, follow the money.
motoman154__
Fantasy
3335th
5/29/2022 6:24am
I paid for a service (mav tv plus), and it had commercials. So I switched to another (YouTube) and it was free without commercials. This doesn't...
The MavTV Plus subscription was never advertised as commercial free. Why did you pay for the service?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
5/29/2022 6:27am
Spoonguy wrote:
Mav is the one promoted repeatedly by DC and Mathes, follow the money.
Layoff the spoonguy

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/29/2022 6:33am
The MavTV Plus subscription was never advertised as commercial free. Why did you pay for the service?
Never advertised as commercial free, and they confirmed yesterday that it should be commercial free.
ns503
5/29/2022 6:36am
ns503 wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
Spoonguy wrote:
It's not about MAVTV, MAVTV is a symptom of the problems in our sport we all love, and shit shows like this won't end with MAVTV...
It's not about MAVTV, MAVTV is a symptom of the problems in our sport we all love, and shit shows like this won't end with MAVTV. It is not really MAVTV's fault, they are simply the contractor chosen by the powers that be in our sport to broadcast the 50th anniversary of our multi-million dollar, internationally attended and competed, invested in by multi-billion dollar international companies, people risking their lives in sport. It is not like MAVTV took the broadcasting rights from someone else, they were selected, as Mathes and DC and that whole cabal has stated again and again. The powers that be in our sport had plenty of time to vet who ever they chose to air the motos. You would be certain very specific contracts were signed, and the "technical difficulties" of the ads in the first round didn't mean someone still wasn't getting paid for the broadcast of the ads. Outdoor MX in this country has very closed books about their cash flow, and make no mistake-it is a cash cow. And 57 year old DC is certain to milk it for today, with no care of tomorrow. With shit shows like this broadcast and a tightening economy does anyone expect Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, or Suzuki to promote their products this way very long. World SX would not even be considered if MXSports wasn't such a shit show.
The contractor didn't fulfill obligations - but it's not their fault?

That's a serious grudge you're carrying there. For whatever reason. Life's too short...

Post a reply to: Sorry not sorry dc

The Latest