Sorry, but the TV schedule is so fugg'd

Crossup
I'm certainly a life long Motocross fan. I've watched from the beginning (Carlsbad on ABC Sports) till today. But the current TV schedule and how it's organized is totally screwed up. MavTV at 2pm to NBC Sports at 7 and come back for the last moto at 11 p.m.? Can we get a better plan here in the future?
|
7/16/2016 11:10am
Get an AppleTv and you can watch everything live. It's easy as pie.
mxb2
7/16/2016 11:11am
Crossup wrote:
I'm certainly a life long Motocross fan. I've watched from the beginning (Carlsbad on ABC Sports) till today. But the current TV schedule and how it's...
I'm certainly a life long Motocross fan. I've watched from the beginning (Carlsbad on ABC Sports) till today. But the current TV schedule and how it's organized is totally screwed up. MavTV at 2pm to NBC Sports at 7 and come back for the last moto at 11 p.m.? Can we get a better plan here in the future?
X2 ,unreal 2016 still having tv,sound problems. If it was the Superbowl the world would go nuts.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/16/2016 11:11am
Crossup wrote:
I'm certainly a life long Motocross fan. I've watched from the beginning (Carlsbad on ABC Sports) till today. But the current TV schedule and how it's...
Niche sport, four hours on TV time needed, fighting against Nascar, Formula 1, stick and ball sports, Olympics every four years, etc... It's really not as easy as it sounds to just get four STRAIGHT hours of tv on a network.
Jmicmoto13
7/16/2016 11:12am
Freakin no sound on the nbcsn app right now. So frustrating.

The Shop

mxb2
7/16/2016 11:12am
Crossup wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Niche sport, four hours on TV time needed, fighting against Nascar, Formula 1, stick and ball sports, Olympics every four years, etc... It's really not as...
Niche sport, four hours on TV time needed, fighting against Nascar, Formula 1, stick and ball sports, Olympics every four years, etc... It's really not as easy as it sounds to just get four STRAIGHT hours of tv on a network.
Agreed,and $$.
bvm111
7/16/2016 11:13am
TripleFive wrote:
I'm using Apple TV as well, Can you watch the second motos without a cable account?
Motodave15
7/16/2016 11:21am
Crossup wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Niche sport, four hours on TV time needed, fighting against Nascar, Formula 1, stick and ball sports, Olympics every four years, etc... It's really not as...
Wrong it is that easy....

Ufc granted makes a fuckload of money, created ifc fightpass, 8.99 a month to watch all of the prelims and even some whole fight cards just not the ppv ones.

Idk why its so hard, mx should create a mx app for smart tv's and phones... ditch cable all togeather... and sell subscriptions all 100$for the outdoor season...yes thats kinda alot but id do it just to support not having to chase time frames every damn weekend... honestly it was kinda easier back in the old days... you knew it was two weeks out and coming on at like 3am, set the vcr and you got it... now its like go to your computer watch half, then wait for 3 hrs and hope your cable channel is going to run it and hope no baseball or nascar race is running over and watch 1 moto then change the channel to watch the other moto.... wtf mate.

When nbc contract is over, they should either drop them and go permantely online or playhardball with fox sports 1 and see if they can get the same deal as supercross, just maybe tape delay for nascar or something but a gurantee of a time slot.
mxb2
7/16/2016 11:24am
Or dc chimes in saying how good we have it lol.
Motodave15
7/16/2016 11:26am
I must say i spoke a little to soon... but my roku t.v. has nbc sports app, im streaming the moto 1s lol... takes some venom away from my rage post lol
Jimmy_Sloan
7/16/2016 11:28am
mxb2 wrote:
Well, you can complain about it or do something about it.
mxb2
7/16/2016 11:30am
mxb2 wrote:
Yep, I sent some emails.
Jimmy_Sloan
7/16/2016 11:33am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2016 11:34am
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Yep, I sent some emails.
Good, that's what I meant. Hopefully anyone who sends some emails is also respectful with their complaints (which I am sure you were, that is not directed at you) so that the powers that be don't think we are a bunch of backwoods hicks.
7/16/2016 11:33am
TripleFive wrote:
My iPad and iPhone have no sound. Having to watch on Windows lap top. Your Apple TV has sound?
JRT812
7/16/2016 11:38am
so either pay ridiculous amounts of monthly fees for cable and not be able to get all motos or cut the cord and have subpar performance from live streaming.... damn I just want to be able to watch and HEAR the Moto. It's freaking 2016. The saying "well it's better than what we had in 70s" or "it's a niche sport" makes no sense to me. It should be better than what we had back in the day. Don't advertise a product like live streaming if it's a POS. All that will do is push people away if your trying to grow the sport.
dan586
7/16/2016 11:38am
TripleFive wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, where can it be found aside from nbc sports app? Doesn't that require a service provider log in?
7/16/2016 11:41am
I plug the HDMI cord from my tv into my laptop and use nbcs website. Works fine.
dan586
7/16/2016 11:44am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2016 11:44am
TripleFive wrote:
duplicate
7/16/2016 11:51am
TripleFive wrote:
dan586 wrote:
duplicate
I will ask again Apple TV has sound? Apple iPad and iPhone do not have sound
Sully22
7/16/2016 11:53am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2016 11:53am
blusmbl
7/16/2016 11:56am
TripleFive wrote:
dan586 wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, where can it be found aside from nbc sports app? Doesn't that require a service provider log in?
The motos that would be broadcast on mavTV are free to watch on the app. From what I've seen, if your cable provider does not have NBCSN, and that particular moto is on NBCSN, you're out of luck. I've only been able to watch about a 3rd of them online.

Like you guys, have had no sound for about 80% of this moto.

The Fox sports app is set up in a similar manner, if it's on FS1 I can watch the SX races. If it's on FS2, I am stuck trying to find a stream here.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/16/2016 12:00pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Wrong it is that easy.... Ufc granted makes a fuckload of money, created ifc fightpass, 8.99 a month to watch all of the prelims and even...

Ufc granted makes a fuckload of money, created ifc fightpass, 8.99 a month to watch all of the prelims and even some whole fight cards just not the ppv ones.

Idk why its so hard, mx should create a mx app for smart tv's and phones... ditch cable all togeather... and sell subscriptions all 100$for the outdoor season...yes thats kinda alot but id do it just to support not having to chase time frames every damn weekend... honestly it was kinda easier back in the old days... you knew it was two weeks out and coming on at like 3am, set the vcr and you got it... now its like go to your computer watch half, then wait for 3 hrs and hope your cable channel is going to run it and hope no baseball or nascar race is running over and watch 1 moto then change the channel to watch the other moto.... wtf mate.

When nbc contract is over, they should either drop them and go permantely online or playhardball with fox sports 1 and see if they can get the same deal as supercross, just maybe tape delay for nascar or something but a gurantee of a time slot.
Then the sport loses its title sponsor, Lucas Oil. They own MAV TV.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/16/2016 12:02pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Wrong it is that easy.... Ufc granted makes a fuckload of money, created ifc fightpass, 8.99 a month to watch all of the prelims and even...

Also, Fox is Nascar currently... Good luck fighting them for space against that...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/16/2016 12:04pm
Just curious on people's vision of moto... Let's say we got to a Pay-Per View system... $100 for a season of outdoors, how much total $$$ are you envisioning?
7/16/2016 12:11pm
TripleFive wrote:
dan586 wrote:
duplicate
1911 wrote:
I will ask again Apple TV has sound? Apple iPad and iPhone do not have sound
Yes, mine does. So does the live stream direct link from the sticky at the top of the moto forum.

mb60
7/16/2016 12:12pm
I understand the contract with NBC has to be great.But man it blows that Mav T.V can't show all 4 motos live. I guess it's the price you pay for a more main stream sport with NBC.
7/16/2016 12:13pm
why is it that on both the NBCsport app and promotocross.com the commercials never ever skip/lag, lose sound, or have terrible picture quality yet the actual race footage is constantly having problems throughout the entire moto. Soooo frustrating every week. Every week the picture is freezing and lagging yet the audio continues, then catches up and replays. Or the entire feed freezes every 15seconds. Yet literally anything else I ever stream has zero problems whatsoever. And the last 5 mins of the moto on my NBC sports app it was showing a live feed from the 1st hole of a stupid golf course. Wtf is the deal
mxb2
7/16/2016 12:31pm
ML512 wrote:
Just curious on people's vision of moto... Let's say we got to a Pay-Per View system... $100 for a season of outdoors, how much total $$$...
Just curious on people's vision of moto... Let's say we got to a Pay-Per View system... $100 for a season of outdoors, how much total $$$ are you envisioning?
$150 for both sx mx live subscription.
Motodave15
7/16/2016 12:34pm
ML512 wrote:
Just curious on people's vision of moto... Let's say we got to a Pay-Per View system... $100 for a season of outdoors, how much total $$$...
Im pulling this straight outta my ass..

But i think ama motocross could clear 250k easily with a subscription model.. im counting international people too.

Post a reply to: Sorry, but the TV schedule is so fugg'd

The Latest