Sorry but here is a video with Leok in it.

Sander
Aigar Leok has such a effortless style and managed to win with 250f
|
5/23/2018 1:21pm
That's a really good edit. Really love the slomo shots in this vid. Great riding styles.
friday10
5/24/2018 8:23pm
Sander wrote:
Wasn't one of the Leok's injured badly years ago?

The Shop

EV901
5/25/2018 1:27am
Sander wrote:
friday10 wrote:
Wasn't one of the Leok's injured badly years ago?
That would be Avo Leok.
5/25/2018 1:49am
No clue who this kid is but I'm now a fan because of the Wu Tang song. He or his video editor has good musical taste!
5/25/2018 2:29am
Oh shit 18secs into that video is he using WD40 on his chain? There’s a big thread currently on WD40 and this could really shake the useless tree and have more useless comments come down about WD40 ;-)
Sweet edit by the way
slothy
5/25/2018 4:16am
Oh shit 18secs into that video is he using WD40 on his chain? There’s a big thread currently on WD40 and this could really shake the...
Oh shit 18secs into that video is he using WD40 on his chain? There’s a big thread currently on WD40 and this could really shake the useless tree and have more useless comments come down about WD40 ;-)
Sweet edit by the way
lol - i just was going to link the video at that part in that thead
David934
5/25/2018 1:26pm
Avo Leok, where are he now? I know he was paralyzed in the past. Great rider.
Gandorlf
5/25/2018 2:23pm
One of my new fav mx vids. Love the track and slow mo shots.
EngIceDave
5/25/2018 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2018 3:07pm
Avo and Tanel, along with their father, came down to Pepsi/Air Dania in Ft Lauderdale for a couple winter seasons. Avo would literally run the track in his MX boots as a training exercise. Tanel was pretty fast then, think he was on 65’s then? Haven’t heard much of him until this, didn’t know he still rode. It’s like everyone in Moto in Estonia was named Leok. LOL.

One year after they went back, I think it was the 2nd round, in Holland, I believe, Avo won a MXGP (deep sand track, I was told) and no one knew who the hell Avo Leok was, and I called RacerX and told them that he’d been a regular at Pepsi/Air Dania for last two winters, along with Tanel.

I think it was the following year, maybe two, that Avo crashed hard and lost the use of his legs. I heard he does some rider training. Dude was an animal.

And FYI, the Benoit’s from Canada (yes, Kaven and Karel) would also come down and spend winter there and around Florida.
EngIceDave
5/25/2018 3:46pm
Avo also race Orlando SX and blew up a wheel, everyone from the track was there to cheer him on, and help, and we found him a wheel and he made night show. I think that’d be 97?

He totally blew up that wheel....funny looking back
5/25/2018 4:04pm
EngIceDave wrote:
Avo also race Orlando SX and blew up a wheel, everyone from the track was there to cheer him on, and help, and we found him...
Avo also race Orlando SX and blew up a wheel, everyone from the track was there to cheer him on, and help, and we found him a wheel and he made night show. I think that’d be 97?

He totally blew up that wheel....funny looking back
https://youtu.be/TYINm5ducS8?rel=0

This is a video i uploaded super long ago it might be interesting, it's a bit about his injury and recovery. Sorry for bad quality.
EngIceDave
5/25/2018 8:28pm
I just remembered something else, I don’t think he ever lost a pro Moto at that track and I think manager/owner, Brian, put a bounty on his head to beat him. Can’t remember anyone collecting on it. Just was texting with a well known former pro who remembers him and he remembers and knew he was a bad ass. Tough as nails, but nice guy
Bearuno
5/26/2018 6:14am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2018 6:15am
I got the 97 500 World Championship DVD out last week, and Avo was holeshotting GPs, winning motos and I think at least one OA, at first on a KX500, then he moved to a CR500 and did the same.

A great era of racing, with many riders on 2t 500s, then the KTM360/380s (with Kurt Nicholl on a PDS'd one - which looked to work better than the linked bikes of Shayne King and Trampas Parker after TP got off the Vertemati), Smets on his 'Bergs, DK and Martens on the booming, tractor like Husky 630s.

And, the YZM400Fs turning up, under Bartolini and Johansson. Sounding and riding like the high revving 4ts of today, and winning the 2nd GP, plus a few others.

A variety of bikes, all working very differently, and all sounding very different to the others. And all competitive, and all so very fast, on wildly differing tracks - for 40 + 2.

The Leoks are quite the dynasty in Estonian MX / Dirtbikes, from what I've read over the years.

Aigar is featured in the first part of this TM 35th anniversary video from 2012. I'm not sure if he's still doing the EWC :

https://youtu.be/WXSCcwQGNhA?ecver=2" width="641" height="360
Sander
5/28/2018 11:31am
Bearuno wrote:
I got the 97 500 World Championship DVD out last week, and Avo was holeshotting GPs, winning motos and I think at least one OA, at...
I got the 97 500 World Championship DVD out last week, and Avo was holeshotting GPs, winning motos and I think at least one OA, at first on a KX500, then he moved to a CR500 and did the same.

A great era of racing, with many riders on 2t 500s, then the KTM360/380s (with Kurt Nicholl on a PDS'd one - which looked to work better than the linked bikes of Shayne King and Trampas Parker after TP got off the Vertemati), Smets on his 'Bergs, DK and Martens on the booming, tractor like Husky 630s.

And, the YZM400Fs turning up, under Bartolini and Johansson. Sounding and riding like the high revving 4ts of today, and winning the 2nd GP, plus a few others.

A variety of bikes, all working very differently, and all sounding very different to the others. And all competitive, and all so very fast, on wildly differing tracks - for 40 + 2.

The Leoks are quite the dynasty in Estonian MX / Dirtbikes, from what I've read over the years.

Aigar is featured in the first part of this TM 35th anniversary video from 2012. I'm not sure if he's still doing the EWC :

https://youtu.be/WXSCcwQGNhA?ecver=2" width="641" height="360
Aigar is not doing EWC anymore full time as he decided to spend more time with his familiy, so he does mx and enduro races in Estonia.

Post a reply to: Sorry but here is a video with Leok in it.

The Latest