Sorry....I gotta start a Stewart thread.

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 12/26/2014 2:08pm
Ok so I'm having a debate with a friend of mine about this whole Stewart thing. It's about one thing and one thing only.

The debate is.........I said it would be damn near impossible for James and his entire team to NOT know they would of had to file a TUE. With every single rider , team , ect that has their paper work in order.......how is it possible that James and his team didn't think they needed a TUE for his medication?

Lets say James didn't read the WADA agreement and just signed it ( I will give him that ). But what about all the pre-race meetings , other riders possibly using MED's with TUE';s , his entire team and family.......and using one of the top 5 banned substances on the planet........how in the holy hell could they NOT KNOW they needed to file?

My buddy said " Yeah but Josh Grant said it was hard to understand ". OK.....Trey's mom , Matthes and JT$ all pretty much said it's just basic knowledge.

Sorry for even bringing this up.........but seriously.....What are the odd's of a top level rider / team NOT knowing they didn't have to submit a TUE?

My answer is......Impossible. I don't believe it for one second. I'm glad he has it accepted now.....I'm talking the 1.5yrs he said he was taking it before the failed test.

Unless I hear some legitimate answers and not just some fanboyisim type stuff.......I can't see how I could change my mind.
|
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
12/25/2014 12:47pm
The CAS cases are littered with this kind of cluelessness, and it doesn't matter in the end. Get back to Christmas.
gsxr6
12/25/2014 12:48pm
Adderall is the go to cover story in sports ped incidents far and away.
gsxr6
12/25/2014 1:01pm
The substance should be public record. Would cure a lot of speculation. The length of suspension is a better indicator than anything with the.current system. Think about it.....when was the last time u heard of a failed test that wasn't blamed on adderall?

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
12/25/2014 1:12pm
I think he was taking it without a Doctors prescription and didn't think he would get caught. After he got caught is when I think he decided to do it the right way and get the prescription and then the TUE. Now if any of that is true your guess is as good as mine.
jeffro503
12/25/2014 1:12pm
OK.....I am going to try and keep this thread from derailing ( I doubt that will happen. But trying to keep the Luvva's and the haters on equal ground here.........

" Is it possible that the entire team , family and James himself.....had no clue he was supposed to file a TUE? "

Yes or no with an explanation would be great.
jeffro503
12/25/2014 1:13pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I think he was taking it without a Doctors prescription and didn't think he would get caught. After he got caught is when I think he...
I think he was taking it without a Doctors prescription and didn't think he would get caught. After he got caught is when I think he decided to do it the right way and get the prescription and then the TUE. Now if any of that is true your guess is as good as mine.
How would he of gotten back dated prescriptions? A DR would be putting his career at stake for doing that I would think.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
12/25/2014 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2014 1:17pm
jeffro503 wrote:
OK.....I am going to try and keep this thread from derailing ( I doubt that will happen. But trying to keep the Luvva's and the haters...
OK.....I am going to try and keep this thread from derailing ( I doubt that will happen. But trying to keep the Luvva's and the haters on equal ground here.........

" Is it possible that the entire team , family and James himself.....had no clue he was supposed to file a TUE? "

Laughing you're going to try to keep this thread from derailing? Laughing

It was doomed from the word "sorry"- that always preempts something you shouldn't do..

From the movie Taken- "good luck"
Cygnus
12/25/2014 1:17pm
As with most everything else in this sport, we will never know the real truth.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
12/25/2014 1:18pm
Has it been proven a fact that he had a prescription from 2012 ? I have no idea. But I do believe it was more than just a oversight for not getting the TUE. If everything was on the level why would you not get it handled, I just don't believe with all the people and money in his program that they would put in in jeopardy because they were uninformed.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
12/25/2014 1:19pm
Cygnus wrote:
As with most everything else in this sport, we will never know the real truth.
I agree with that.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
12/25/2014 1:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:
OK.....I am going to try and keep this thread from derailing ( I doubt that will happen. But trying to keep the Luvva's and the haters...

it shouldn't be possible, but it looks like it was,
Juss
12/25/2014 1:32pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I think he was taking it without a Doctors prescription and didn't think he would get caught. After he got caught is when I think he...
How would he pull that off? You don't think the pharmacy would have records of his prescriptions? Come on dude I know you don't like JS7, I have never see you say anything positive about it. But lord. Wake the fuck up b4 u post stupid shit!
Juss
12/25/2014 1:34pm
lostboy819 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
How would he of gotten back dated prescriptions? A DR would be putting his career at stake for doing that I would think.
Aint no way a pharmacy would backdate it, even if a Dr would!
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
12/25/2014 1:36pm
jeffro503 wrote:

scott_nz wrote:
it shouldn't be possible, but it looks like it was,
Sounds about right ^^^

In order to get the TUE he has now, he had to be approved by WADA's committee of phycisians. Meaning he knows he needs the medication. If he knew he needed to take the medication why not get the approved (TUE) before getting in trouble.
Clear case of negligence, unless like Grant said the rules are not clear enough.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
12/25/2014 1:38pm
It sounds fishy but the way this sport is I would say it is not totally out of the question. The meetings are brief and it's not like the top guys hang out after and start b.s.ing. A bunch are not even paying attention and some dropped out of home school so there is that. These days everyone just goes their separate ways and are hush hush. James has been around forever and might just not have anything at all to do with the paperwork over the years and also pays no attention or maybe he is just a junkie, which ever. jk Sideways
12/25/2014 1:39pm
No - as I know some riders are frightened of taking the wrong flu remedy and failing a drugs test.......

But as the fanboys say it was all a big mistake just like the IV nurse !!
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/25/2014 1:42pm
I tend to share your skepticism on this Jeffro..... With the amount of money on the line, that amount of ignorance/obliviousness is hard to comprehend and rationalize.

Throughout off of this, they have said he filed for and was granted a TUE. That means from the time he filed forward. He could have failed the test Sunday, saw a doc Monday, and filed the TUE Tuesday. Just because he was granted a TUE now means nothing about the legitimacy of the pre-test facts.

Not saying anything with the comment, but keep in mind a fellow named Dr. Anthony Bosch...... There are MANY unethical docs out there, and ADD is a patient diagnosed condition with no test to validate the condition.
Juss
12/25/2014 1:45pm
darren7878 wrote:
No - as I know some riders are frightened of taking the wrong flu remedy and failing a drugs test....... But as the fanboys say it...
No - as I know some riders are frightened of taking the wrong flu remedy and failing a drugs test.......

But as the fanboys say it was all a big mistake just like the IV nurse !!
The nurse thing was all made up BS
Juss
12/25/2014 1:46pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I tend to share your skepticism on this Jeffro..... With the amount of money on the line, that amount of ignorance/obliviousness is hard to comprehend and...
I tend to share your skepticism on this Jeffro..... With the amount of money on the line, that amount of ignorance/obliviousness is hard to comprehend and rationalize.

Throughout off of this, they have said he filed for and was granted a TUE. That means from the time he filed forward. He could have failed the test Sunday, saw a doc Monday, and filed the TUE Tuesday. Just because he was granted a TUE now means nothing about the legitimacy of the pre-test facts.

Not saying anything with the comment, but keep in mind a fellow named Dr. Anthony Bosch...... There are MANY unethical docs out there, and ADD is a patient diagnosed condition with no test to validate the condition.
I might buy the Dr but no way a pharmacy is going to do that!
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
12/25/2014 1:49pm
Jeffro,
You have to remember most of the responses towards this will be predictable, you've been on here long enough to know where nearly each person stands in ANY Stewart issue.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
12/25/2014 1:57pm
I like the guy. Can't think of one I don't.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
12/25/2014 2:00pm
FLmxer wrote:
I like the guy. Can't think of one I don't.
Now that is a true fan^^^
jeffro503
12/25/2014 2:09pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Jeffro, You have to remember most of the responses towards this will be predictable, you've been on here long enough to know where nearly each person...
Jeffro,
You have to remember most of the responses towards this will be predictable, you've been on here long enough to know where nearly each person stands in ANY Stewart issue.
I know Chip....and understand I know the haters from the luvva's......so I am balancing that out. I just wanted truthful opinions on it. Nothing else but just that. I find it near impossible that he and his team didn't know.....so I was looking for " Real proof " and legitimate debatable replies.

I did NOT want to start a thread like this.....just wanted the opinions on this one subject.
downard254
12/25/2014 2:14pm
Well, while I certainly don't have enough facts to make any kind of call on this matter, I also agree that is seems a stretch that at least one person in the camp didn't know they were supposed to apply for the TUE. Then again, I suppose it's possible the verbage in the rules is confusing too. I'd say the truth is somewhere between where the pendulum reverses each direction. We may find out in 20 or so years when the biography comes out.

On a positive note, the thread responses so far here have been pretty well behaved. My hats off to you all.

Merry Christmas.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
12/25/2014 2:24pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Jeffro, You have to remember most of the responses towards this will be predictable, you've been on here long enough to know where nearly each person...
Jeffro,
jeffro503 wrote:
I know Chip....and understand I know the haters from the luvva's......so I am balancing that out. I just wanted truthful opinions on it. Nothing else but...
I know Chip....and understand I know the haters from the luvva's......so I am balancing that out. I just wanted truthful opinions on it. Nothing else but just that. I find it near impossible that he and his team didn't know.....so I was looking for " Real proof " and legitimate debatable replies.

I did NOT want to start a thread like this.....just wanted the opinions on this one subject.
Here's my question to you.

If he knows he needs the medication, why not get the TUE in advance of being tested and avoid getting in trouble?
Being the committee of physicians agreed he needs to be taking the medication.

It would be stupid to take the medication and know you could get in trouble, when you knew you could get approved for a TUE.

Also, I think James said he was embarrassed about the condition, maybe nobody in his camp knew he was taking the medication?
The Rock
12/25/2014 2:39pm
Glad this subject has been revisited since I think I saw the dead horse move.
Question
12/25/2014 2:45pm

I do not get why people must create another thread when we can just keep a sticky one.
20 thread ... why not 20 pages in which we could at least prove everything has already been said.

I am just sorry for everybody involved in the adderalgate. We may or may not have all the information on what really happened, I think, even if it was a cover, the sanction is heavy considering JS7's talent, fans and age. I just hope we can see him ride SX again or soon because he is probably the best to watch.
motosmith
12/25/2014 2:49pm
I'm amazed some people actually think he was taking it for a legitimate medical condition.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
12/25/2014 2:54pm
motosmith wrote:
I'm amazed some people actually think he was taking it for a legitimate medical condition.
You mean WADA's committee of phycisians that approved him to take it?

Post a reply to: Sorry....I gotta start a Stewart thread.

The Latest