Sorry Gypsy, but Jett not as talented as James Stewart

theToothPerry
9/17/2021 9:37pm
felpro wrote:
JMart has the James-like throttle cable stretching, checkers or wreckers all out style. If you were buying a used bike, would you buy one from JMart...
JMart has the James-like throttle cable stretching, checkers or wreckers all out style.

If you were buying a used bike, would you buy one from JMart or Jett?
As a Stewart fan I don’t know what’s more offensive in this thread, comparing Stew to Jett or J Mart Unsure . Y’all have lost it. Neither are in the same category.
SilverSpurs
9/17/2021 10:38pm
felpro wrote:
JMart has the James-like throttle cable stretching, checkers or wreckers all out style. If you were buying a used bike, would you buy one from JMart...
JMart has the James-like throttle cable stretching, checkers or wreckers all out style.

If you were buying a used bike, would you buy one from JMart or Jett?
As a Stewart fan I don’t know what’s more offensive in this thread, comparing Stew to Jett or J Mart :unsure: . Y’all have lost it...
As a Stewart fan I don’t know what’s more offensive in this thread, comparing Stew to Jett or J Mart Unsure . Y’all have lost it. Neither are in the same category.
I dunno, Stew and JMart are both slightly strange, reclusive characters.
Sandusky26
9/17/2021 10:52pm
I dunno, Stew and JMart are both slightly strange, reclusive characters.
You act like your related to Jett or something... mate.

The Shop

FARANG
9/18/2021 7:12am
FARANG wrote:
Whilst their talent is comparable, Jett doesn't appear to be a flat track bully. He certainly isn't a drugs cheat. Unlike Stewart. So I'd go with...
Whilst their talent is comparable, Jett doesn't appear to be a flat track bully.

He certainly isn't a drugs cheat. Unlike Stewart.

So I'd go with Jett on this one.
And I thought B Lenny's posts were dumb...
Stewart was banned for Performance Enhancing Drugs. It is factually correct. If saying the statement is “dumb” makes you feel better then I’m happy for you but let’s not dispute the facts.

He couldn’t compete at that level without drugs. He was also a flat track bully whose only outdoor big bike title was 24-0 against a weak field. As soon as the likes of RC, RV or RD showed up he folded like a cheap pack of cards. The very definition of a flat track bully.

He had a special talent for ragdolling himself through whoops and he had a cool scrub but his career is tainted by the drugs ban. The Ben Johnson of motocross. Lance Armstrong minus the confession. Lame.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
9/18/2021 7:16am
One thing Jett has in common with Stewy, his nut huggers are every bit as psychotic.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
9/18/2021 7:19am
Moto76er wrote:
Stewart is 2nd all time in Supercross wins, only rider besides the goat to have an undefeated season. 1st all time in 125 outdoor wins…..No offense...
Stewart is 2nd all time in Supercross wins, only rider besides the goat to have an undefeated season. 1st all time in 125 outdoor wins…..No offense to Jett but it isn’t fair to compare him to James.
str8line wrote:
When Jett goes undefeated in next years nationals can we begin to compare him to James? Really though, Jett has patience. Bubba never had much patience...
When Jett goes undefeated in next years nationals can we begin to compare him to James?

Really though, Jett has patience. Bubba never had much patience did he?

Watching J-Mart ride out of his skull and Jett holding him off multiple times while looking under control impressed the hell out of me.
When you figure out how much you can afford to lose, I’ll be here waiting to bet he does not go undefeated.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
9/18/2021 7:25am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2021 7:27am
FARANG wrote:
Whilst their talent is comparable, Jett doesn't appear to be a flat track bully. He certainly isn't a drugs cheat. Unlike Stewart. So I'd go with...
Whilst their talent is comparable, Jett doesn't appear to be a flat track bully.

FARANG wrote:
Stewart was banned for Performance Enhancing Drugs. It is factually correct. If saying the statement is “dumb” makes you feel better then I’m happy for you...
Stewart was banned for Performance Enhancing Drugs. It is factually correct. If saying the statement is “dumb” makes you feel better then I’m happy for you but let’s not dispute the facts.

He couldn’t compete at that level without drugs. He was also a flat track bully whose only outdoor big bike title was 24-0 against a weak field. As soon as the likes of RC, RV or RD showed up he folded like a cheap pack of cards. The very definition of a flat track bully.

He had a special talent for ragdolling himself through whoops and he had a cool scrub but his career is tainted by the drugs ban. The Ben Johnson of motocross. Lance Armstrong minus the confession. Lame.
You can't compare his Adderall penalty to Lance Armstrong. He could legally use Adderall with a TUE. In no way shape or form could any athlete do what Lance did with a doctor's prescription. That is a complete asinine take.

Totally factual he got busted but I will never put what he did on the same level as Lance Armstrong.
str8line
9/18/2021 7:52am
Moto76er wrote:
Stewart is 2nd all time in Supercross wins, only rider besides the goat to have an undefeated season. 1st all time in 125 outdoor wins…..No offense...
Stewart is 2nd all time in Supercross wins, only rider besides the goat to have an undefeated season. 1st all time in 125 outdoor wins…..No offense to Jett but it isn’t fair to compare him to James.
str8line wrote:
When Jett goes undefeated in next years nationals can we begin to compare him to James? Really though, Jett has patience. Bubba never had much patience...
When Jett goes undefeated in next years nationals can we begin to compare him to James?

Watching J-Mart ride out of his skull and Jett holding him off multiple times while looking under control impressed the hell out of me.
UpTiTe wrote:
When you figure out how much you can afford to lose, I’ll be here waiting to bet he does not go undefeated.
I don't know man, you seem a little UpTiTe.

It isn't very often that a rider of Jett's caliber comes along so why not have a little fun bench-racing?

At one point I was excited about AC being a generational talent. Same with Forkner. Jett is different, he rides with patience. He'll get stronger physically and experience will make him a better rider.

I wouldn't have bet on RC sweeping every moto it in his prime, so definitely not betting anything.
Spudnut
9/18/2021 8:10am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2021 8:11am
Watched the 2004 125cc East sx review from bar to bar on YouTube lastnight.......yeah bubba was generational and no one could ever deny that. He swept the entire series including the shoot out. Roncada was the only one to challenge him (at the last round)

Jett is extremely fast, talented and impressive with a bright future but he’s no Bubba.

**Fun fact** there is a replica of the Vegas 04 track on MX vs ATV unleashed its listed as Boston. Took me back to better days...
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
9/18/2021 8:31am
str8line wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
str8line wrote:
I don't know man, you seem a little UpTiTe. It isn't very often that a rider of Jett's caliber comes along so why not have a...
I don't know man, you seem a little UpTiTe.

It isn't very often that a rider of Jett's caliber comes along so why not have a little fun bench-racing?

At one point I was excited about AC being a generational talent. Same with Forkner. Jett is different, he rides with patience. He'll get stronger physically and experience will make him a better rider.

I wouldn't have bet on RC sweeping every moto it in his prime, so definitely not betting anything.
I’m a very intense person at work, hence the nick name.

I agree with this post. Jett is a special kid for sure, and he’s showing why the young GP guys are better outdoor riders.

B Lenny
9/18/2021 8:40am
FARANG wrote:

FARANG wrote:
Stewart was banned for Performance Enhancing Drugs. It is factually correct. If saying the statement is “dumb” makes you feel better then I’m happy for you...

What kind of drugs are you on there Pal?...Dry
davistld01
9/18/2021 9:14am
Jet is an amazing talent, no doubt about it. He's young...and will only get better if he keeps his head on straight. I definitely see more championships in his future.

That said, James Stewart in his #259 heyday would smoke Jet Lawrence. He made many faster look silly.
FWYT
9/18/2021 11:01am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2021 11:01am
Actual conversation heard between Gypsy and one of his bros at the bar . . .

"Fuck, dude, it's like so fucking sick bro . . . I just, like, fuck, talk out my ass half
the time and, like, bro, fucking fuck . . .
people just fucking drive my algorithm numbers way up! Fuck bro! So siiiiiiick! And the fucking best part is that the fucking kids don't realize they are getting played and when some fucking old fucker, like fucking OLD, bro, like fucking over 35, tries to say, like, you're just getting tooled, bro . . . the fucking kids say shut the fuck up, Boomer! And then, like, fucking shit, my numbers go up even more! So fucking siiiiiiiiiick!"
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
9/18/2021 11:13am
FWYT wrote:
Actual conversation heard between Gypsy and one of his bros at the bar . . . [i]"Fuck, dude, it's like so fucking sick bro ....
Actual conversation heard between Gypsy and one of his bros at the bar . . .

"Fuck, dude, it's like so fucking sick bro . . . I just, like, fuck, talk out my ass half
the time and, like, bro, fucking fuck . . .
people just fucking drive my algorithm numbers way up! Fuck bro! So siiiiiiick! And the fucking best part is that the fucking kids don't realize they are getting played and when some fucking old fucker, like fucking OLD, bro, like fucking over 35, tries to say, like, you're just getting tooled, bro . . . the fucking kids say shut the fuck up, Boomer! And then, like, fucking shit, my numbers go up even more! So fucking siiiiiiiiiick!"
Exactly
9/18/2021 11:23am
James was amazing there is no denying that!
but to play devils advocate The Technique, Training, and riding style of The top guys has improved greatly from the time James came into the pro's to now.
If you Drop Jet or Cooper into 2003 in the 125 class they too would slice through the field.
I'm not saying they would beat James but that they would have the field covered just as he did with their current Technique, Training, Conditioning etc, even on a 125cc in my opinion.
Flatliner
9/18/2021 11:33am
James was amazing there is no denying that! but to play devils advocate The Technique, Training, and riding style of The top guys has improved greatly...
James was amazing there is no denying that!
but to play devils advocate The Technique, Training, and riding style of The top guys has improved greatly from the time James came into the pro's to now.
If you Drop Jet or Cooper into 2003 in the 125 class they too would slice through the field.
I'm not saying they would beat James but that they would have the field covered just as he did with their current Technique, Training, Conditioning etc, even on a 125cc in my opinion.
I don't agree, they'd have the scrub, that's the biggest difference.

Guys like ryno, brown we're hard nosed men, who'd fight tooth and nail... not to mention the former world champ langston. Jesseman was a bullet on the 125 too.

Wouldn't happen.

TeamGreen
9/18/2021 11:33am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2021 11:54am
FARANG wrote:

B Lenny wrote:
Let's put this one to bed:

James did f'up and NOT apply for a TUE when he should have. He had his own personal reasons and I THINK HE SHOULD WRITE A GAWT-DAMN BOOK and tell the story...'cause....he's not alone and HIS STORY MATTERS. He's one of the singular most significant riders...racers...mutli-time Champions in our sport.

EVER.

Many of y'all seem to f'ing forget or NOT KNOW what the hell was goin' on back then...from Diminishing Availability of Factory Rides to Lazer-Gate to seeing actual SIGNS at the track with that N-word shit (that the promoters ALWAYS dealt with and abolished...ALWAYS!) to the POLITICS of the whole USADA/WADA debacle and how James seemed to be in the cross-hairs...all of it.

Oh, while we're here...some of y'all seem to deny that there were...was...still are...complete ASS HOLES in our sport that are still spewing shit about stupid things that shouldn't even be issues...like...

The COMPLETE Ass Hole I kicked out of our box at Oakland when Mookie won...on a 250...that night...and he spewed out some stupid racist shit..."Now they're even taking Moto from us, AGAIN!". Yup. Someone I actually knew; yet, didn't know he was such a stupid f'ck! And, that shit? it still remains...yet, I do have a different opinion about some of this and I'm of a different mind-set than Lenny on a lot of things...yet...we're of a similar mind on this one.
Been there, seen it, NOT NEGOTIABLE.
This has reared it's ugly illogical and ignorant head in here and I thought I'd throw this out there...for reference.

About "Reference":

24 Motos.
Won.
By one person.
How many times has that happened and by whom?
What do you call ONE of the guys that pulled it off?
What did THAT guy have to say about JS7?

James was a Reckoning. I guess you had to be there. From Hangtown to Daytona. He was miraculous...especially on a 125! A 125 against 250s with actual Hand-Built Factory Engines in them that made INSANE POWER!
He DESTROYED the competition...on several occasions...on a 125.

About the perfect season...?
Did ya watch ANY of it?
I saw it...live...from Ross MAKING him figure stuff out and TEACHING him the differences in set-up to the days where he was crushing it from the 1st practice...
NOTHING LIKE IT.
Period.

Now, Jett? Sure, it could happen. He COULD be The Next Game Changer. But, I haven't seen ANYTHING along the lines of the Next-Level stuff like we saw from James. And, know this: I -AM- a Jett fan. I love his style and think he's amazing with the fans. So, I hope he does make a big mark on our spot for years to come.
Titan1
9/18/2021 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2021 12:11pm
FARANG wrote:

B Lenny wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Let's put this one to bed: James did f'up and NOT apply for a TUE when he should have. He had his own personal reasons and...

James did f'up and NOT apply for a TUE when he should have. He had his own personal reasons and I THINK HE SHOULD WRITE A GAWT-DAMN BOOK and tell the story...'cause....he's not alone and HIS STORY MATTERS. He's one of the singular most significant riders...racers...mutli-time Champions in our sport.

EVER.

Many of y'all seem to f'ing forget or NOT KNOW what the hell was goin' on back then...from Diminishing Availability of Factory Rides to Lazer-Gate to seeing actual SIGNS at the track with that N-word shit (that the promoters ALWAYS dealt with and abolished...ALWAYS!) to the POLITICS of the whole USADA/WADA debacle and how James seemed to be in the cross-hairs...all of it.

Oh, while we're here...some of y'all seem to deny that there were...was...still are...complete ASS HOLES in our sport that are still spewing shit about stupid things that shouldn't even be issues...like...

The COMPLETE Ass Hole I kicked out of our box at Oakland when Mookie won...on a 250...that night...and he spewed out some stupid racist shit..."Now they're even taking Moto from us, AGAIN!". Yup. Someone I actually knew; yet, didn't know he was such a stupid f'ck! And, that shit? it still remains...yet, I do have a different opinion about some of this and I'm of a different mind-set than Lenny on a lot of things...yet...we're of a similar mind on this one.
This has reared it's ugly illogical and ignorant head in here and I thought I'd throw this out there...for reference.

About "Reference":

24 Motos.
Won.
By one person.

James was a Reckoning. I guess you had to be there. From Hangtown to Daytona. He was miraculous...especially on a 125! A 125 against 250s with actual Hand-Built Factory Engines in them that made INSANE POWER!

Did ya watch ANY of it?
I saw it...live...from Ross MAKING him figure stuff out and TEACHING him the differences in set-up to the days where he was crushing it from the 1st practice...
NOTHING LIKE IT.
Period.

Now, Jett? Sure, it could happen. He COULD be The Next Game Changer. But, I haven't seen ANYTHING along the lines of the Next-Level stuff like we saw from James. And, know this: I -AM- a Jett fan. I love his style and think he's amazing with the fans. So, I hope he does make a big mark on our spot for years to come.
Aaaaaannnnnnnnd…..end thread….
PTECH
9/18/2021 12:12pm
I like Jett and I think he'll be continue to be successful but its way too early to think about comparing him to JS7. McGrath, Carmichael, Stewart, Villopoto, they all hit the pros and started consistently winning immediately, these are the generational talents. Jett is really good no doubt but for him to be mentioned with these other guys he's going to basically completely dominate for the rest of his career. Jett won this title by a couple of points over Justin Cooper? He didn't even really dominate the field.

Its just way too early to tell for sure I don't think it should even be a conversation at this point to compare the two.
DGE.532
9/18/2021 12:13pm
FARANG wrote:

B Lenny wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Let's put this one to bed: James did f'up and NOT apply for a TUE when he should have. He had his own personal reasons and...

EVER.

About "Reference":

24 Motos.
Won.
By one person.

Did ya watch ANY of it?
NOTHING LIKE IT.
Period.

Mike drop
SilverSpurs
9/18/2021 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2021 12:26pm
TeamGreen wrote:

EVER.

About "Reference":

24 Motos.
Won.
By one person.

Did ya watch ANY of it?
NOTHING LIKE IT.
Period.

Keep to the discussion about James the talented MXer brother- there are plenty of good angles to view that from.

No need to start race baiting.
DGE.532
9/18/2021 12:31pm
It's not baiting if it's the truth
SilverSpurs
9/18/2021 12:40pm
He's dragged something unfortunate that happened to Mookie into it.
B Lenny
9/18/2021 12:42pm
TeamGreen wrote:

EVER.

About "Reference":

24 Motos.
Won.
By one person.

Did ya watch ANY of it?
NOTHING LIKE IT.
Period.

Keep to the discussion about James the talented MXer brother- there are plenty of good angles to view that from.

No need to start race baiting.
Yeah..That's it..Only tell one side of the story..TeamGreen keepin' it real...Dry
DGE.532
9/18/2021 12:43pm
Like it didn't happen a thousand times to their whole family at tracks across the country STFU
JamesReed
9/18/2021 1:05pm
RC would probably tell everyone to 'bet on Jett.' What with his 'nice long legs' and all hahaGrinningEvil

Seriously though, let's see how he does when he moves on from that Honda 250. He was steady battling McElrath for 3rd place in SX, then McElrarth went to Yamaha and he was a shoo-in for the tittle.

Jett is fast, and tough as nails like Reed was, so I think he can do big things in his career. Comparisons to JS7 are pretty Ridiculous though, I agree. James and Guy Cooper changed the way everyone looked at jumps forever thereafter.
$.02 SillySillyPinchPinchCool
APLMAN99
9/18/2021 2:47pm
brimx153 wrote:
The worst part of the whole take is that Jett is riding against stiffer competition than JS7 did .
Yep.

Much stiffer competition from fully professional factory contracted, training farm kids.
Darren, please tell us how the horrible US amateur/development system that you’ve spoken of suddenly is producing this incredibly deep field of super competitive racers (when it’s convenient for you, of course)……..

If the evolution of the US amateur/development system is as bad as you have said, the logical result is that the current competition level is lower, not higher.

Unless you’ve simply been talking out of your ass, that is.
FlaNard
9/18/2021 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2021 4:35pm
Haven’t gone through all eight pages because comparing a very talented, young, and newly crowned champion with THE most talented rider I’ve ever seen is laughable to me. And that is not meant as a slight to Jett at all. Stew isn’t even my favorite rider but I’ve personally never seen anyone I consider to be more talented than him. You can absolutely argue that there have been better racers but the list you could come up with of people that had/have more talent has to either be nonexistent or short at the very least.

Post a reply to: Sorry Gypsy, but Jett not as talented as James Stewart

The Latest