Sorry Gypsy, but Jett not as talented as James Stewart

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/16/2021 7:41am
When is the first SX of ‘22? This is going to be a lonnnnnnnng off season.
114 days away from Anaheim 1 2022.
HD1200
9/16/2021 7:54am
Brent wrote:
No one in the recorded history of this sport was as talented as James.

No one.
It also takes allot of talent to keep the rubber side down.
Moto520
9/16/2021 7:57am
Recency bias in full effect on this one. Jett is great but not even debatable whether or not he exceeds the talent of JS.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
9/16/2021 8:05am Edited Date/Time 9/16/2021 8:06am
James won titles fair and square. Jett won the title because Justin's ego messed up at Washougal.
Jett more talented than James ? Chase should listen Cairoli about how bikes are easy to ride than ever.

The Shop

UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1724th
9/16/2021 8:12am
Unpopular opinion: Justin Cooper has just as much, if not a better chance at having a more successful career than Jett at this point. Also I...
Unpopular opinion: Justin Cooper has just as much, if not a better chance at having a more successful career than Jett at this point. Also I don’t ever remember a title that Stew won where his 2 biggest competitors handed it to him with injury, he was the best regardless of who was out there.
When is Justin going to start this career you speak of? 2022 is his 6th year as a Pro and he is yet to win the...
When is Justin going to start this career you speak of?

2022 is his 6th year as a Pro and he is yet to win the 250 title.

This year and last he finished behind Lawrence.

I think Jeremy channels Stew with his out of control riding, but the fact remains that apart from the start he has not passed #18 in a race yet. Lawrence has passed him- for the win.
Guys an SX champ.

Go kick rocks.
sandtrack315
9/16/2021 8:24am
I think the playing field might be a bit more even now, as everyone has a trainer, access to riding coaches, and the sport is just more mature in general. I doubt we will ever see domination like RC and JS. But to say Jett is as talented as James is just offensive.

Jett certainly has the best technical form on the bike in the 250 (and maybe the 450) class, using the power in his legs, perfectly balanced over the front and rear of the bike, and always keeping the bike underneath him at the right angle (i.e., he never drops to the inside of the bike during turns). But James Stewart literally changed the way everyone rides and made everyone look stupid.

Call me when Jett slows down to let Justin Cooper or Jeremy Martin by, and then passes him back with ease. I still think Jett is generational, in that he's clearly the best talent of this generation of riders. But RC and James were more than generational, they changed the sport.
B Lenny
9/16/2021 8:32am
Radical wrote:
Everyone's career is different. First time I saw JS259 race SX, he crashed twice and still won! Quite impressive. But, he crashed a lot, and his...
Everyone's career is different. First time I saw JS259 race SX, he crashed twice and still won! Quite impressive.
But, he crashed a lot, and his stats in MX are not even close to dominant. He's tied for 6th all time with Roczen.
Dungey, a rider without a lot of Wow! moments, is arguably more dominant than Stewart in MX. The numbers don't lie.

IMO, if Stewart had not gotten distracted with Bubba's World, his stats would've been huge, like RC's, and he most likely could've gotten close to or surpassed MC's 72 SX wins.

But he didn't.

He had a great career, but the last few seasons was not dominant, and he had trouble staying off the ground.

I'm a big fan of JS7, but flashy, and doing incredible quads that no one else would even think of doing, does not mean the rider is better. Winning, and winning championships determines who's better.

So, let's see what Jettson, (and Ferrandis, and Sexton, and the other up and comers) can do over the coming seasons.

Whoever retires with the most championships, and the most wins WINS!
I see you left out some of the shit equipment he had to ride too..Like the 2T against those 4's..Then that shit Yam that even Pourcel refused to ride..And even James said they had problems with the Suzuki...Dry
B Lenny
9/16/2021 8:40am
crusty_xx wrote:
They also didn't have to move to a different continent and adjust to a completely different lifestyle twice before turning 15. He certainly didn't dominate this...
They also didn't have to move to a different continent and adjust to a completely different lifestyle twice before turning 15.
He certainly didn't dominate this year but if he continues to progress like he did I'm not sure if anyone can challenge him next year. Just look at how much better he got from 20 to 21
B Lenny wrote:
:laugh: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/15/510286/s1200_KnifeSocket.jpg[/img]
Laughing

Motox726! wrote:
Could you please?
EAD Crybaby...Laughing
Crossup
9/16/2021 9:20am
JamesReed wrote:
Yeah, I'm a huge JS259 fanboy, but this Gypsy guy is right. When Jett jumped on the CRF, it was still considered a lesser bike than...
Yeah, I'm a huge JS259 fanboy, but this Gypsy guy is right. When Jett jumped on the CRF, it was still considered a lesser bike than the Kawi and the Yamaha. For him to be 16, or 17 whatever age he was; to be competitive in SX in his first season was pretty G-Damn impressive.

That's Bubba's claim to fame, compared to Hepler, Millsaps, Villopoto, Dungey, Canard, Bagget.

The young age at which they were right-in-the-mix, is the big difference, not the overall success of their career
Titan1 wrote:
Bubba, RC…those guys weren’t “in the mix” at 16 or 17 years old…they were dominating!
JamesReed wrote:
Yeah, but Jett is better than everyone but Stewart, RC, and Tomac. So he's still a generational talent.
Is he better the Roczen? Roczen won the MX2 World Championship in 2011 at 17 years old.
APLMAN99
9/16/2021 9:29am Edited Date/Time 9/16/2021 9:30am
Maybe Gypsy has a point. Jett is probably just toning things down to not embarrass the other racers.......

I mean, he has won 22% of the races over his first 2 seasons compared to Stewart only winning 78%, and those are pretty similar winning percentages and all..........
visser62
9/16/2021 9:41am
James was a 16-year-old rookie and won 10 out of 12 races over Langston, Brown, and Reed. Why the hell is this still a conversation? Jett's amazing but come on.
toroP
9/16/2021 9:44am
Jeez this place. Arguing about opinions like they are facts. Does anyone here have a solid definition of talent?
What the fuck is it? Can you be the most talented but not be the best? Could the most talented guy be some one we don’t know of, because he’s a massive underachiever?
SilverSpurs
9/16/2021 9:55am
Talent is subjective and subject to your confirmation bias.

Best wait until both riders careers are over to have this discussion.
FIREfish148
9/16/2021 10:27am
People forget too soon man. I was listening to that the other night and wondered how he could think that. Don’t get me wrong Jett is incredibly gifted but he’s not on that level of senditure.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/16/2021 10:51am
Radical wrote:
Everyone's career is different. First time I saw JS259 race SX, he crashed twice and still won! Quite impressive. But, he crashed a lot, and his...
Everyone's career is different. First time I saw JS259 race SX, he crashed twice and still won! Quite impressive.
But, he crashed a lot, and his stats in MX are not even close to dominant. He's tied for 6th all time with Roczen.
Dungey, a rider without a lot of Wow! moments, is arguably more dominant than Stewart in MX. The numbers don't lie.

IMO, if Stewart had not gotten distracted with Bubba's World, his stats would've been huge, like RC's, and he most likely could've gotten close to or surpassed MC's 72 SX wins.

But he didn't.

He had a great career, but the last few seasons was not dominant, and he had trouble staying off the ground.

I'm a big fan of JS7, but flashy, and doing incredible quads that no one else would even think of doing, does not mean the rider is better. Winning, and winning championships determines who's better.

So, let's see what Jettson, (and Ferrandis, and Sexton, and the other up and comers) can do over the coming seasons.

B Lenny wrote:
I see you left out some of the shit equipment he had to ride too..Like the 2T against those 4's..Then that shit Yam that even Pourcel...
I see you left out some of the shit equipment he had to ride too..Like the 2T against those 4's..Then that shit Yam that even Pourcel refused to ride..And even James said they had problems with the Suzuki...Dry
Keep telling yourself that.
MXD
9/16/2021 10:59am
Radical wrote:

But he didn't.

Fun fact. The entire season of Bubba's World was filmed over a few weeks when he was out for the season with an injury. I don't think the show had any impact on his career.
visser62
9/16/2021 11:06am
In 2004 James won 23 out of 24 motos in his third season and at the age of 18.

Jett will be 18 and it will be his third season, so that's the mark.
9/16/2021 11:06am Edited Date/Time 9/16/2021 11:07am
Stop giving this fucking loser clicks and views

He’s a wannabe Skip Bayless giving shit hot takes so people pay attention to him
Cali
9/16/2021 11:21am
WCRider wrote:
James won titles fair and square. Jett won the title because Justin's ego messed up at Washougal. Jett more talented than James ? Chase should listen...
James won titles fair and square. Jett won the title because Justin's ego messed up at Washougal.
Jett more talented than James ? Chase should listen Cairoli about how bikes are easy to ride than ever.

But Coop was still winning motos & too qualifying times.
Cali
9/16/2021 11:26am
visser62 wrote:
In 2004 James won 23 out of 24 motos in his third season and at the age of 18. Jett will be 18 and it will...
In 2004 James won 23 out of 24 motos in his third season and at the age of 18.

Jett will be 18 and it will be his third season, so that's the mark.
2004 was JS7 second season, & this was Jets second season. No doubt Stew is the best we have ever seen, but it’s hard to even compare the two generations. Bikes are so much better & so is the competition these days. Back then, you didn’t have places like Moto sand box etc. But, 100% JS7 was on another level than his competition.
B Lenny
9/16/2021 11:27am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Keep telling yourself that.
No I'm tellin' you...Pourcel even said you can ride the Yamaha but not race it..Because it was unpredictable..I know you don't read that well...Dry
Cali
9/16/2021 11:29am
Titan1 wrote:
Bubba, RC…those guys weren’t “in the mix” at 16 or 17 years old…they were dominating!
JamesReed wrote:
Yeah, but Jett is better than everyone but Stewart, RC, and Tomac. So he's still a generational talent.
scott_nz wrote:
RV won the outdoor title in the first 3 years he was pro in a row, so he's already behind him as well, you could argue...
RV won the outdoor title in the first 3 years he was pro in a row, so he's already behind him as well,

you could argue Dungey, Wilson and Canard were at the same level after 2 years as a pro as well,
But RV didn’t turn pro at 16 either, do you really think he would of won?
Motox726!
9/16/2021 11:39am
B Lenny wrote:
:laugh: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/15/510286/s1200_KnifeSocket.jpg[/img]
Laughing

Motox726! wrote:
Could you please?
B Lenny wrote:
EAD Crybaby...Laughing

9/16/2021 11:52am
Brent wrote:
No one in the recorded history of this sport was as talented as James.

No one.
Didnt Ricky win 10 Championships, 2 Perfect seasons and beat Stewart Heads up more times than James beat him?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/16/2021 11:55am Edited Date/Time 9/16/2021 11:56am
B Lenny wrote:
No I'm tellin' you...Pourcel even said you can ride the Yamaha but not race it..Because it was unpredictable..I know you don't read that well...Dry
The 2 strokes at that time were on par with the 4 strokes. As for the Yamaha, that's on James. He's the one that chose to sign for the big paycheck.

Now GFY!
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
9/16/2021 11:58am
I will just leave this here:

Radical
Fantasy
2360th
9/16/2021 12:06pm
Radical wrote:

But he didn't.

MXD wrote:
Fun fact. The entire season of Bubba's World was filmed over a few weeks when he was out for the season with an injury. I don't...
Fun fact. The entire season of Bubba's World was filmed over a few weeks when he was out for the season with an injury. I don't think the show had any impact on his career.
There were 24 episodes and 2 seasons.
It's hard to believe that was all filmed in a few weeks. It always seemed to me that that's when he generally lost his edge, for it to never fully return.
In my opinion it was a huge career mistake.
Hindsight is 20/20 (sometimes).
ATKpilot99
9/16/2021 12:10pm
B Lenny wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The 2 strokes at that time were on par with the 4 strokes. As for the Yamaha, that's on James. He's the one that chose to...
The 2 strokes at that time were on par with the 4 strokes. As for the Yamaha, that's on James. He's the one that chose to sign for the big paycheck.

Now GFY!
Beat me to it . No one forced him to sign with them . In my opinion leaving Kawasaki and going SX only was a detriment to his career. I'm not sure what the circumstances were with Kawasaki but I can't imagine they just didn't want him anymore at that point.

Post a reply to: Sorry Gypsy, but Jett not as talented as James Stewart

The Latest