Sorry Gypsy, but Jett not as talented as James Stewart

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2021 7:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 7:35 PM

Jett is a talented kid with a bright future, but the claim that he is backing down during racing, holding out, and that he is just as talented as James Stewart is ridiculous.

James Stewart did things on a bike no one else would even attempt, and his 125 record speaks volumes. Jett is good, but he's no Stewart, and so far, not nearly as dominant as James was in the class. James has made other top professional riders look silly at times.

|

9/15/2021 7:20 PM

Two threads about this?

|

9/15/2021 7:22 PM

gerg wrote:

Two threads about this?

Yeah cause you made some bullshit posts...ermm

|

Hello..Vital?..

9/15/2021 7:26 PM

gerg wrote:

Two threads about this?

B Lenny wrote:

I'd be offended if that came from anyone else.

|

9/15/2021 7:31 PM

If somebody is truly generational the fact shouldn’t be debatable. That doesn’t mean they have to come out like a bat from the 7th layer of hell like JS7, but at some point Jett should be dominating everything for a considerable time to be thrown in that generational group. So at this point only time will tell.

|

9/15/2021 7:36 PM

Let me know when Jett smokes everybody on a 125 and has a perfect season, then we can have this discussion

|

9/15/2021 7:37 PM

gerg wrote:

Two threads about this?

B Lenny wrote:

gerg wrote:

I'd be offended if that came from anyone else.

As you should be...

|

Hello..Vital?..

9/15/2021 8:10 PM

Different riders, different bikes, different track layouts, different tech, it’s hardly a comparable topic imo.

|

9/15/2021 8:11 PM

If Jett was a James Stewart kind of talent…Gypsy Tales wouldn’t have to convince anyone….NOBODY doubted Stewart was special and different and just better than everyone. Same with RC…same with MC is SX.

The best of the best…those generational talents…the guys that raise the bar and change game…words aren’t needed to make the case…their riding and results do it for them….domination, from day 1…Jett isn’t dominating…he going to win more titles and lots of races…but he isn’t dominating.

|

9/15/2021 8:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 8:29 PM

Yeah, I'm a huge JS259 fanboy, but this Gypsy guy is right. When Jett jumped on the CRF, it was still considered a lesser bike than the Kawi and the Yamaha. For him to be 16, or 17 whatever age he was; to be competitive in SX in his first season was pretty G-Damn impressive.

That's Bubba's claim to fame, compared to Hepler, Millsaps, Villopoto, Dungey, Canard, Bagget.

The young age at which they were right-in-the-mix, is the big difference, not the overall success of their career

|

9/15/2021 8:22 PM

Wanna know how a show host comes up with a comparison like this? He gets REALLY HIGH before the show.
grin
I think Jett is damn cool and rides like a bad ass; but, I doubt that even HE feels this is a viable subject.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

9/15/2021 8:40 PM

I'm a huge Jett fan but it's not even close. Jett is no where near Stewart's level talent wise. Obviously a homer rant on that podcast

|

9/15/2021 8:43 PM

JamesReed wrote:

Yeah, I'm a huge JS259 fanboy, but this Gypsy guy is right. When Jett jumped on the CRF, it was still considered a lesser bike ...more

Bubba, RC…those guys weren’t “in the mix” at 16 or 17 years old…they were dominating!

|

9/15/2021 8:44 PM

JamesReed wrote:

Yeah, I'm a huge JS259 fanboy, but this Gypsy guy is right. When Jett jumped on the CRF, it was still considered a lesser bike ...more

Titan1 wrote:

Bubba, RC…those guys weren’t “in the mix” at 16 or 17 years old…they were dominating!

BOOM!

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

9/15/2021 9:22 PM

No one in the recorded history of this sport was as talented as James.

No one.

|

9/15/2021 9:25 PM

Titan1 wrote:

If Jett was a James Stewart kind of talent…Gypsy Tales wouldn’t have to convince anyone….NOBODY doubted Stewart was special ...more

They also didn't have to move to a different continent and adjust to a completely different lifestyle twice before turning 15.
He certainly didn't dominate this year but if he continues to progress like he did I'm not sure if anyone can challenge him next year. Just look at how much better he got from 20 to 21

|

9/15/2021 9:27 PM

JamesReed wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

Yeah, but Jett is better than everyone but Stewart, RC, and Tomac. So he's still a generational talent.

|

9/15/2021 9:31 PM

JamesReed wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

Guaranteed Jett is gonna be better on 450's than Frodo Baggins(J-Mart), Forkner, and Justin Cooper.. Generational talent.

|

9/15/2021 9:36 PM

Titan1 wrote:

If Jett was a James Stewart kind of talent…Gypsy Tales wouldn’t have to convince anyone….NOBODY doubted Stewart was special ...more

crusty_xx wrote:

They also didn't have to move to a different continent and adjust to a completely different lifestyle twice before turning 15. ...more

laughing

Photo
|

Hello..Vital?..

9/15/2021 9:39 PM

JamesReed wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

JamesReed wrote:

Guaranteed Jett is gonna be better on 450's than Frodo Baggins(J-Mart), Forkner, and Justin Cooper.. Generational talent.

A generational talent isn’t just “better”…he dominates. Last to first rides…lapping the field…undefeated seasons…never losing a championship…every guy in the fields jaws dropping over something they do on the track-almost every freakin’ weekend. DOMINATION! Almost From their first race!

Jett isn’t that…yet.

|

9/15/2021 9:39 PM

In Stew's rookie year, we already wondered whether he could beat Ricky, the GOAT. There's no comparison to that.

|

9/15/2021 9:44 PM

Stewart was the best 125 rider of all time, but he underachieved on big bikes for sure compared to that IMO.

|

9/15/2021 9:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 9:48 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 99% of you Cats from outside the US never even seen James race..There was alway's an "Oh Shit"! moment...ermm

|

Hello..Vital?..

9/15/2021 9:51 PM

JamesReed wrote:

Stewart was the best 125 rider of all time, but he underachieved on big bikes for sure compared to that IMO.

Dude had an undefeated season Foo...ermm

|

Hello..Vital?..

9/15/2021 9:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 9:57 PM

JamesReed wrote:

B Lenny wrote:

Dude had an undefeated season Foo...ermm

On 125's. He was a good SX rider on big bikes (250 smoker/450), but didn't do much Outdoors.

|

9/15/2021 9:57 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Wanna know how a show host comes up with a comparison like this? He gets REALLY HIGH before the show.
grin
I think Jett is damn ...more

...it gets a lot of clicks to make a claim that like. And kudos to Gypsy for knowing how to engage an audience, but I still gotta call him on it. I mean, we are talking about James Stewart.

|

9/15/2021 9:58 PM

JamesReed wrote:

On 125's. He was a good SX rider on big bikes (250 smoker/450), but didn't do much Outdoors.

Photo
|

Hello..Vital?..

9/15/2021 10:03 PM

visser62 wrote:

In Stew's rookie year, we already wondered whether he could beat Ricky, the GOAT. There's no comparison to that.

I think Chad is a pretty good comparison when it comes to wondering if someone could beat Ricky in his rookie year.

That was pretty close.

|

9/15/2021 10:08 PM

B Lenny wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 99% of you Cats from outside the US never even seen James race..There was alway's an ...more

this,

I saw him race for the first time at Atlanta sx in 04, we were on a dealer trip and Daryl Hurley was racing, we ran into him in the pits, and he said watching him was like watching a video game, he could understand how Ricky and Everts went so fast, but James corner speed and how he hit everything flat out was something out of this world,

|

9/15/2021 10:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 10:40 PM

JamesReed wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

JamesReed wrote:

Yeah, but Jett is better than everyone but Stewart, RC, and Tomac. So he's still a generational talent.

RV won the outdoor title in the first 3 years he was pro in a row, so he's already behind him as well,

you could argue Dungey, Wilson and Canard were at the same level after 2 years as a pro as well,

|