Sondra, Saddleback question

Ozy
Edited Date/Time 8/1/2021 4:52pm
S, did you guys run Saturday Saddleback at the original park? If it wasn't CMC, do you know who it was?
|
TankSlapper
8/19/2008 6:04pm
I want to say it was SSM (Saddleback Saturday Motocross?) or something like that. Not sure who ran it......

I also remember SAM (Schoolastic Association of Motocross?) which I think were the high school races.....

Those were the days!!
8/19/2008 7:29pm
Ozy wrote:
S, did you guys run Saturday Saddleback at the original park? If it wasn't CMC, do you know who it was?
I used to race Saddleback Sat - what great memories. Here is an old school photo of my friend Angel Montoya leading the 125 Intermediates at a Saddleback Sat race. A while back I exchanged a few emails with Sondra and Saddleback Saturday came up. This is what she said;
"for the record CMC didn't run Saturdays that was a different promoter. We ran sundays."

Sorry that's all I can tell you...

DCL36
8/19/2008 7:35pm
It"s been a long time but if remember correctly it was called SMX or Saturday Motocross.

The Shop

Sondy132001
8/19/2008 10:09pm
Saturday MX was run by Jim Beltnick SMX I think was the company name ?? Clark Jones, Gary Jones' brother in law worked for Beltnick who lived by us in Mission Viejo back in the day, he did Saturday MX but in real life ha he was a real estate broker. I heard he passed away a few years back.

S
mxjef
8/19/2008 11:52pm
Saturday MX was run by Jim Beltnick SMX I think was the company name ?? Clark Jones, Gary Jones' brother in law worked for Beltnick who...
Saturday MX was run by Jim Beltnick SMX I think was the company name ?? Clark Jones, Gary Jones' brother in law worked for Beltnick who lived by us in Mission Viejo back in the day, he did Saturday MX but in real life ha he was a real estate broker. I heard he passed away a few years back.

S
RIP Jim Beltnick

I didn't know that he passed away, he did a great job running Saturday Saddleback. I grew up racing there every saturday.
Highsider
8/20/2008 5:40am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:06pm

Saturday MX, Halloween Day '71. I am third from the right, 444, on a 250 AJS. Am I cheating??Unsure
Jimi J
Ozy
8/20/2008 6:37am
Highsider wrote:
[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/Highsider2/1971Start.jpg[/IMG] Saturday MX, Halloween Day '71. I am third from the right, 444, on a 250 AJS. Am I cheating??Jimi J

Saturday MX, Halloween Day '71. I am third from the right, 444, on a 250 AJS. Am I cheating??Unsure
Jimi J
Thanks, Sondra. I was asking because I was wondering if anybody archived the results from these races; I bet if you looked at the results you would see some very familiar names.

Very cool picture, Highsider.
ninety3
8/20/2008 7:33am
Jim was the coolest, I raced with him in the 500 Int class in 81"
SSM 45min motos were a great way to start the weekend.

There were MX annual results books sold for 78, 79, 80 of all California MX, don't remember who compiled it all, I have a friend who has a copy though, , was just going thru it last week, funny thing is there are 4 of us from work that raced in the same class 250 Nov in 79' together, didn't know any of them at the time.

dlhamblin
8/20/2008 8:07am
Wow, look at all the old Scott Boots! Wish I'd have kept mine just to show people!
mxjef
8/20/2008 8:10am
Hahaha...laughing at those Scott boots in the picture above. I can't believe how bad those boots were but everyone had to have them.Laughing
Sondy132001
8/20/2008 10:12am
I have that book it was done by my announcer John Bethea who use to be the editor for Cycle News back in the day, John still announces for us and he works for Glen Helen Raceway also. Speaking of which I will have a race this Sunday at Glen Helen, my annual Trans-Cal Series.

I have pretty much all my results but not archived, I have sheets and sheets of results, they were hand typed back in the day, even the original ones in the 60's were handwritten by my dad ha, um then when we switched to computers (thanks to Preston Petty) we have all those too. I have floppy disks everywhere ha

S
Ozy
8/20/2008 10:51am
I have that book it was done by my announcer John Bethea who use to be the editor for Cycle News back in the day, John...
I have that book it was done by my announcer John Bethea who use to be the editor for Cycle News back in the day, John still announces for us and he works for Glen Helen Raceway also. Speaking of which I will have a race this Sunday at Glen Helen, my annual Trans-Cal Series.

I have pretty much all my results but not archived, I have sheets and sheets of results, they were hand typed back in the day, even the original ones in the 60's were handwritten by my dad ha, um then when we switched to computers (thanks to Preston Petty) we have all those too. I have floppy disks everywhere ha

S
Wow, I hate to think how much work that would be to get all that info (race results) digitized. If I ever get some free time I would volunteer to help on this task. The rewards would be huge to have all this info accessible in an online database

I wonder if Cycle News has records of all the results they publish over the years. I bet Bauer has all the results in his collection

Thanks, S!
8/20/2008 11:52am
sondra when are you guys going to race ascot again lol
Sondy132001
8/20/2008 12:02pm
717SSLAVE wrote:
sondra when are you guys going to race ascot again lol
Serious, that bloody place is still there !! The people who owned it, husband died and the wife instantly sold it and supposedly since it was an old dumping site (gee surprise mx track on it) the building they built next to it is sinking so nothing can be built there unless lots o money is spent to bring it up to par/grade.

So Ascot sits there in all her glory going to waste !! Maybe a secret race like they did for Marty Moates after his funeral at the now gone Carlsbad Raceway ha

S
8/20/2008 2:38pm
As the story goes several dirt track racers who have passed have their ashes sprinkled in turn 1. Maybe just anothe urban legend? Blink
mxjef
8/20/2008 4:00pm
I have a bunch of the old CMC results from the early eightys, brings back old memories looking at all the names in there...
trick121
8/20/2008 4:13pm
I have that book it was done by my announcer John Bethea who use to be the editor for Cycle News back in the day, John...

S
I don't think you have anything from the past. Over the years I read your bragging...oh I have this and that in my garage collecting dust but yet you have never once produced an old school picture or results page. Lets see what you got.
Slow ~ Pro
8/20/2008 4:24pm

S
trick121 wrote:
I don't think you have anything from the past. Over the years I read your bragging...oh I have this and that in my garage collecting dust...
I don't think you have anything from the past. Over the years I read your bragging...oh I have this and that in my garage collecting dust but yet you have never once produced an old school picture or results page. Lets see what you got.
Wow...If you don't know who the Peters are, then you are lost in So.Cal... noob !

Why must she prove anything to to you ?

I vouch for her.
ninety3
8/20/2008 6:24pm
The Peters' are legends of So-Cal MX, Sondra is way cool too.

8/20/2008 6:41pm

S
trick121 wrote:
I don't think you have anything from the past. Over the years I read your bragging...oh I have this and that in my garage collecting dust...
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Wow...If you don't know who the Peters are, then you are lost in So.Cal... noob ! Why must she prove anything to to you ? I...
Wow...If you don't know who the Peters are, then you are lost in So.Cal... noob !

I vouch for her.
X-2
mxjef
8/20/2008 6:44pm
trick121 wrote:
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Wow...If you don't know who the Peters are, then you are lost in So.Cal... noob ! Why must she prove anything to to you ? I...

I vouch for her.
X-2
X-3
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/20/2008 6:58pm
Trick is just being his usual self...and he knows better.
worm
8/20/2008 7:51pm
Right now I wish I knew where the pic is of Stu and I standing in his garage next to the saddleback park sign that was over the snack shack?

time for picasa to see if it can find it on my hard drives

worm
8/20/2008 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2008 7:55pm
worm
8/20/2008 7:55pm
I found this so far.

If you click it, it should open up really big.

DCL36
8/20/2008 9:35pm
Wow theres names in there I havent heard or seen in 20 + years very kool results page there worm. I had to go ahead and save that to show my dad.

Post a reply to: Sondra, Saddleback question

The Latest