Son wants a Villo autograph, pointers....?

E-man811
Edited Date/Time 2/25/2012 2:05pm
The boy wants a Villopoto autograph.

Can you offer any input on what time I need to be inline in order to get a bracelet?

Thanks.
|
jndmx
2/24/2012 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2012 4:20pm
As soon as the pits open go the Kawi rig and look for the little sign that will tell you when they will be giving away the bracelets/tickets.

Then go back to the rig about 40 minutes before they start giving the bracelets away and get in line or else you probably won't get one.
S.Loyer
2/24/2012 4:11pm
The monster boys usually do their autographs at 3 or 3:30 at the Monster pit not the factory Kawi pit.
A hour early......you will have pretty good shot.
zippy895
2/24/2012 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2012 4:20pm
[[[
jasonv43
2/24/2012 4:21pm
His uncle posts on here. I bet if you were really nice he might hook you up. Just sayin.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
2/24/2012 4:22pm
I don't know how Team Kawasaki does it, but often a team will have their riders sign additional copies in advance. If you miss out on one of the spots, you could always ask one of the team members if there are any pre-signed posters. Reps for Thor, Maxima, Acerbis, One Industries or any other of the team's sponsors might also be able to get you one. Just ask nicely!
2/24/2012 4:35pm
my son is still after bubba autograph. twice we have stood for hours and twice we were let down. i told him forget it but i will probably try again for him.

as far as potto last year it seamed like you had to have a special monster pass to get into the area where he would be.

really would like to get a rockzen but im sure his will be at the same time as dungy and be hard to get.
E-man811
2/24/2012 4:38pm
Thanks guys.

He's only 8 and he's been asking for Ryan's autograph since he was 5. I want to make it happen this year.
2/24/2012 5:11pm
thats what being a dad is all about right there.

and thats why despite my lack of enthusiasm i will probably spend most of my time in the pits trying to get a stewart autograph.....
TeamGreen
2/24/2012 5:18pm
E-man811 wrote:
Thanks guys.

He's only 8 and he's been asking for Ryan's autograph since he was 5. I want to make it happen this year.
If u strike out, p.m. me. We'll get'er done!
E-man811
2/24/2012 5:41pm
Thank you.

I hope not to strike out.

Part of the whole deal is that I want him to have the experience of the anticipation, the hours of waiting and seeing everyone else that wants it too so that he appreciates the value of an autograph from that level of performer.
kakarot
2/24/2012 5:47pm
E-man811 wrote:
The boy wants a Villopoto autograph. Can you offer any input on what time I need to be inline in order to get a bracelet? Thanks...

Can you offer any input on what time I need to be inline in order to get a bracelet?

Thanks.
Non race day appearances work really well for me.
pawsan
2/24/2012 6:01pm
i know i'll probably get flamed for this but meh.

bring back the days when pits were open to everyone, riders didn't hide away in their semi's, and most of them were only glad to sign an autograph.

i was in zolder 2003 for the mx des nations, alright you needed a pit pas, but after that everywhere was open. they used the f1 garages for the pits/teams to work from and it was all accessible. i was able to get into the usa team garage, get all 3 team members autographs, (rhyno, ferry, carmichael) ricky even took the time to shoot the shit for 10 to 15 mins. he stood while me and my friends got photo's taken, talked about the weekend, talked about general everyday shit, and was a fuckin nice guy.
i was a fan before that day, but from then,,,,,, well lets just say he made a dam good impression on me and my friends.

most, not all, of todays top mxer's can be quite stand offish, do what pr they have to do and nothing else.

i know supercross is a packed schedual for the riders, but they need to remember even for them they had hero's when they were kids, it's no different for a guy taking his kid to a race and that kid wanting his hero's autograph.
iom some (not all) of the riders need to make themselves more accessible to the fans and especially the kids that look up to them.
jndmx
2/24/2012 6:11pm
E-man811 wrote:
Thank you. I hope not to strike out. Part of the whole deal is that I want him to have the experience of the anticipation, the...
Thank you.

Part of the whole deal is that I want him to have the experience of the anticipation, the hours of waiting and seeing everyone else that wants it too so that he appreciates the value of an autograph from that level of performer.
For my son it was Travis that was the must have when he was really little.

After getting the autograph and a picture with Travis' bike, he was floating on air the rest of the day.
To make things even better when they used to run the Southwick round in June....this year it fell right on his 6th birthday.
Being able to give your kid the chance to meet his hero is really priceless

I mean can you imagine a bigger smile on that face?

crf250pilot
2/24/2012 6:12pm
E-man811 wrote:
The boy wants a Villopoto autograph. Can you offer any input on what time I need to be inline in order to get a bracelet? Thanks...

Thanks.
Be at the pit entrance an hour early and then go as fast as you can to the Kawi rig and get a ticket to come back 3 hrs later and wait in line again for another hour before the signings begin.
crf250pilot
2/24/2012 6:16pm
E-man811 wrote:
Thank you. I hope not to strike out. Part of the whole deal is that I want him to have the experience of the anticipation, the...
Thank you.

jndmx wrote:
For my son it was Travis that was the must have when he was really little. After getting the autograph and a picture with Travis' bike...

After getting the autograph and a picture with Travis' bike, he was floating on air the rest of the day.
To make things even better when they used to run the Southwick round in June....this year it fell right on his 6th birthday.

Are you Macaulay Culkin's dad?
jndmx
2/24/2012 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2012 6:20pm
E-man811 wrote:
Thank you.

jndmx wrote:
For my son it was Travis that was the must have when he was really little. After getting the autograph and a picture with Travis' bike...

Are you Macaulay Culkin's dad?
LMAO......nope that's my boy Jake

Can you tell he was a little happy there?
crf250pilot
2/24/2012 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2012 6:48pm
JNDMX- that is a classic shot for sure. I thought I was a huge TP199 fan, but totally fail in comparison to your son.
2/24/2012 6:48pm
i went to the dealer signing the night before supercross and got his autograph. just find out what dealer their going to be at
bd
2/24/2012 6:50pm
In some cases, the sport has turned to a negative.

When I was a kid, I use to hit the pits after the race too. Riders would talk and sign swag. I'll never forget when Factory Phil lost the title (125 W SX) Gaddis in Vegas. Gaddis was the local boy and I was pulling for him before the race. After the race, I met Factory Phil in the pits. He talked to me for about twenty minutes after the race and autographed his goggles for me. I left that SX a huge fan of Phil. To this day, I root for him during shootouts Lol. He made a huge impact on me during my preteen age. Thank you factory Phil.

Hope Uncle 2 can help you or you get an autograph. I was fortunate to get MC's in 1993 and Brashaw's in 1992. I never got Johnson's who is my all time favorite. Have a few Hannah autographs. Good Luck.
E-man811
2/25/2012 10:20am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2012 10:56am
Didn't make it. Bummer.
Got to the pit doors 45 minutes early. That was not good enough. Line for the pits was a mile long. Was in line at the moster lounge and watched them hannd out the last autograph ticket 12 people ahead of us. Crudd.
jndmx
2/25/2012 11:08am
E-man811 wrote:
Didn't make it. Bummer. Got to the pit doors 45 minutes early. That was not good enough. Line for the pits was a mile long. Was...
Didn't make it. Bummer.
Got to the pit doors 45 minutes early. That was not good enough. Line for the pits was a mile long. Was in line at the moster lounge and watched them hannd out the last autograph ticket 12 people ahead of us. Crudd.
Shoot a PM to TeamGreen......Manny is good people, if anyone can help you get it done....he is the guy.
TX24
2/25/2012 11:13am
Atlanta must be tough with the huge crowds they have.
wildbill
2/25/2012 12:04pm
bd wrote:
In some cases, the sport has turned to a negative. When I was a kid, I use to hit the pits after the race too. Riders...
In some cases, the sport has turned to a negative.

When I was a kid, I use to hit the pits after the race too. Riders would talk and sign swag. I'll never forget when Factory Phil lost the title (125 W SX) Gaddis in Vegas. Gaddis was the local boy and I was pulling for him before the race. After the race, I met Factory Phil in the pits. He talked to me for about twenty minutes after the race and autographed his goggles for me. I left that SX a huge fan of Phil. To this day, I root for him during shootouts Lol. He made a huge impact on me during my preteen age. Thank you factory Phil.

Hope Uncle 2 can help you or you get an autograph. I was fortunate to get MC's in 1993 and Brashaw's in 1992. I never got Johnson's who is my all time favorite. Have a few Hannah autographs. Good Luck.
I remember Washougal 83 talking with Hannah after the race. He was sitting on the Honda box van bumper signing for people while he asked me about trout fishing in the Pacific North West.

One kid brought a Yami shirt over and he looked over his shoulder with a shit eating grin, and snuck a quick sign on it. Cracked me up.
BobbyM
2/25/2012 2:05pm
E-man811 wrote:

Thanks.
Get yer ass down to the hospital fast

Post a reply to: Son wants a Villo autograph, pointers....?

The Latest