Something to think about regarding purses

flarider
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:44pm

In last weekend's NASCAR Truck race, Ricky Carmichael won a purse of $11,675 for finishing 15th place

Now that's a bit more than $650, but once you consider the differences in costs between fielding a NASCAR Camping World Truck series race (entry fees, team travel, tires, gas, etc....)

Seems by percentage, the MX rider earned more for his 15th than RC did for his

http://jayski.com/...michigan-results.htm
|
6/20/2010 10:51am
You need to break it down a little further or do we just go by what you say? Does it cost 20 times more for Nascar truck series each weekend?

How much does it cost for a weekend for each?
flarider
6/20/2010 10:55am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:29pm
I know sets of tires alone for a race weekend is a few thousand dollars.

How much race gas you think they use in a weekend compared to a bike?

I know entry fees for a NASCAR race is a lot more, near $1K if I remember right

How about the cost to drive an 18-wheeler to the races?

How about travel and expenses for the team, pit crew, etc....?

6/20/2010 11:01am
flarider wrote:
I know sets of tires alone for a race weekend is a few thousand dollars. How much race gas you think they use in a weekend...
I know sets of tires alone for a race weekend is a few thousand dollars.

How much race gas you think they use in a weekend compared to a bike?

I know entry fees for a NASCAR race is a lot more, near $1K if I remember right

How about the cost to drive an 18-wheeler to the races?

How about travel and expenses for the team, pit crew, etc....?

Exactly. Since you are saying it costs more then show the comparisons and show that it costs 20 times as much. Are you comparing costs for RC's team to an MX privateer only or a full on factory team?

How many sets of tires do they go through and can they ever be used again?
Don't know what the race fees are, waiting for you to show each.
Don't know what it costs to drive an 18 wheeler to a race. How close are the races in Nascrap?
How big of a crew do each have? There are travel expenses involved in both.
flarider
6/20/2010 11:03am
No, you're right.
NASCAR Truck racing is much cheaper than MX

My bad

Nevermind

The Shop

Outsider
6/20/2010 11:04am
I thought this was going to be about Gucci knockoffs.

My bad.
6/20/2010 11:05am
flarider wrote:
No, you're right.

My bad

Nevermind

I have no idea what each costs. Of course Nascrap is going to cost more. I was hoping to see some figures from an insider like yourself. If you can't then I understand. Alot of guys talk out of their asses on here, I assumed you weren't one of them.
6/20/2010 11:06am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:29pm
Outsider wrote:
I thought this was going to be about Gucci knockoffs.

My bad.
Gucci is so last year. D&G is this shiznit.
6/20/2010 11:11am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2010 11:12am
flarider wrote:
I'm a NASCAR insider?
MX insider, but you seem to have the answers on Nascrap too, since you decided to start this thread and said this:

but once you consider the differences in costs between fielding a NASCAR Camping World Truck series race (entry fees, team travel, tires, gas, etc....) Seems by percentage, the MX rider earned more for his 15th than RC did for his

So show those differences in cost for us that are clueless.
flarider
6/20/2010 11:16am
flarider wrote:
No, you're right.

My bad

Nevermind

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/20/2010 11:19am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2010 11:20am
Gucci is so last year. D&G is this shiznit.
Thanks for confirming that.

WideOpen
6/20/2010 11:19am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:29pm
flarider wrote:
No, you're right.

My bad

Nevermind

You are talking to hear yourself talk.

RC is making big money from his sponsors to race. The privateer that finished 15th at the Outdoor National was negative money for the week and can't afford to eat P&J sandwiches.

DC needs to follow his own great idea from 2 yrs ago when he said he was working on waving the entry fees.

YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE MX SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!! You are driving bus now.

Wave the Entry Fees DC!!!

Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
6/20/2010 11:19am
Don't forget about the the cut that goes to the team.

I remember a few years ago a fan had asked a question on "This Week In Nascar" show about the purse money and Michael Waltrip said the team gets a cut..

I believe Kevin Harvick has said something like that as well
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/20/2010 11:23am
WideOpen wrote:
You are talking to hear yourself talk.RC is making big money from his sponsors to race. The privateer that finished 15th at the Outdoor National was...
You are talking to hear yourself talk.

RC is making big money from his sponsors to race. The privateer that finished 15th at the Outdoor National was negative money for the week and can't afford to eat P&J sandwiches.

DC needs to follow his own great idea from 2 yrs ago when he said he was working on waving the entry fees.

YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE MX SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!! You are driving bus now.

Wave the Entry Fees DC!!!

IF YOU'RE GOING TO GO ALL !!!!!! trying to make a point, at least learn to spell waive correctly.
6/20/2010 11:24am
flarider wrote:
No, you're right.

My bad

Nevermind

flarider wrote:
Yep, never mind. It sucks to have to back shit up with facts and figures.
Rooster
6/20/2010 11:26am
The camping world truck series is not the pinnacle of the Nascar world.

While I'll agree it takes much deeper pockets to compete in it than MX. If we're going to compare prize money let's do it between the equal levels of competition.

What would RC have earned for 15th place in the cup series?
flarider
6/20/2010 11:32am
Yup, because you are right.

A NASCAR Truck Series race and team is MUCH less expensive to operate than a single privateer MX racer

What was I thinking??

6/20/2010 11:36am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:29pm
flarider wrote:
Yup, because you are right. A NASCAR Truck Series race and team is MUCH less expensive to operate than a single privateer MX racer What was...
Yup, because you are right.

A NASCAR Truck Series race and team is MUCH less expensive to operate than a single privateer MX racer

What was I thinking??

Never said that. You are talking out of your ass there just like the rest of this post.

From my 3rd post:

Of course Nascrap is going to cost more

You have nothing to back your original post up or you would have done so. So maybe you are right, it is 20 times as much, maybe not. I don't know what you were thinking.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/20/2010 11:36am
Rooster wrote:
The camping world truck series is not the pinnacle of the Nascar world. While I'll agree it takes much deeper pockets to compete in it than...

While I'll agree it takes much deeper pockets to compete in it than MX. If we're going to compare prize money let's do it between the equal levels of competition.

RC doesn't race the Cup series.
flarider
6/20/2010 11:42am
Rooster wrote:
The camping world truck series is not the pinnacle of the Nascar world. While I'll agree it takes much deeper pockets to compete in it than...

15th in Cup last weekend was Marcos Ambrose - $109,023
P
6/20/2010 11:47am
My question is how much has the purse risen sinc say 1990? There seems to be more money in moto today than there ever has, but the purse money doesn't seem to have changed much.

P
6/20/2010 11:56am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2010 12:01pm
flarider wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/115786-the-truck-series-will-be-facing-tough-economic-times-and-fighting-to-survive [b][i]"Now a competitive truck team budget can be 2 to 3 million dollars a season and around $100,000 a race." "A competitive truck team spends...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/115786-the-truck-series-will-be-faci…

"Now a competitive truck team budget can be 2 to 3 million dollars a season and around $100,000 a race."

"A competitive truck team spends about $35,000 a race in engine costs per race."

One of my favorite sites. Ok, $100K for Nascrap trucks. How much does it cost for a privateer and full factory race teams in MX? Right n ow since it is 20 times higher purse for Nascrap then it would only be $5K per race for MX, according to your logic. 12 races = $60K for a full season. Did I do my math right?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/20/2010 11:59am
The cost to go racing goes up exponentially as you jump up in the various series.

Having just visited the Joe Gibbs Racing Cup shop? There's no expense spared on anything there. Basically, if they feel it'll help them go faster, the sky's the limit. That bears little resemblance to what's happening in moto.

See calimxer? You were right. There were bears in the distance.
6/20/2010 12:01pm
GuyB wrote:
The cost to go racing goes up exponentially as you jump up in the various series. Having just visited the Joe Gibbs Racing Cup shop? There's...
The cost to go racing goes up exponentially as you jump up in the various series.

Having just visited the Joe Gibbs Racing Cup shop? There's no expense spared on anything there. Basically, if they feel it'll help them go faster, the sky's the limit. That bears little resemblance to what's happening in moto.

See calimxer? You were right. There were bears in the distance.
Jealous that you got to visit JGR's shop.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/20/2010 12:09pm
The good news is, you get to come along. I shot video of it that I'll try and post up later this week.

You have to be a little careful in what you shoot there...they're protective of their secrets, and I can't say I blame them. The rules are strictly enforced, and all the teams are looking for an edge.

Post a reply to: Something to think about regarding purses

The Latest