Something nice to say about Tony Alessi

MaxPower
7/26/2013 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2013 10:34am
I've made my share of behind the keyboard comments about lasergate. But after just finishing the Pulp podcast I have to say this. Tony is a damn good father. It must be amazing to have someone that will stand up for you and not let you hang no matter the reason or the cost. He is not a stupid man. He knows Jeff from his past actions is a 23 year old man boy. He knew Jeff was guilty of something the second he got word on the head set . Yet the guy went nose to nose with anyone that was a threat to his kid. Not saying he was right. Just saying I thought that was cool. I have no idea if Jeff can appreciate it.but I hope one day he can. Because I don't know too many people that would go as far as Tony did to support his stupid kid
|
TannerMxer
7/26/2013 7:51pm
How good of a father can he be if his 25-year old son still acts like a 12-year old that can't even be a man and admit something when confronted?
tobz
7/26/2013 8:05pm
Absolute horse shit, that's not good parenting. Teach your kid to own up, not go gung ho full of lies and childish bullshit, and then, only when you have no other option, post a mechanical apology.
dirtnapper
7/26/2013 8:16pm
tobz wrote:
Absolute horse shit, that's not good parenting. Teach your kid to own up, not go gung ho full of lies and childish bullshit, and then, only...
Absolute horse shit, that's not good parenting. Teach your kid to own up, not go gung ho full of lies and childish bullshit, and then, only when you have no other option, post a mechanical apology.
x 5000000000!!
dirtnapper
7/26/2013 8:17pm
THAT kind of parenting is what is WRONG with "kids" these days........

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
7/26/2013 8:21pm
tobz wrote:
Absolute horse shit, that's not good parenting. Teach your kid to own up, not go gung ho full of lies and childish bullshit, and then, only...
Exactly. A real would have loved and supported his kid regardless, but NOT lied, threatened lawsuits, and acted like a whiny little bitch. Be father/man, tell the truth, come clean, address the issue head on, do the right thing. If you do the crime, do the time. Then ask for forgiveness and move on with life. Most of all learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them.
stantdm
7/26/2013 8:28pm
Tony Alessi is what all of you except the original poster think he is. A poor excuse for a parent. Motocross would be better off without him and so would MA800.
MaxPower
7/26/2013 8:53pm
I agree with you Tbones Pop. He did act like an ass. A big ass. Maybe the biggest ever. .
I'm saying how he stood by his stupid kid is what impressed me
jonjon714
7/26/2013 8:54pm
For starters....what grade do you give a parent of the kid who thought it was cute to use the damn laser in the first place?
scooter5002
7/26/2013 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2013 7:42am
With all due respect Max, you're full of shit. Also, if that impresses you, I can only hope you're not a father. That fuckin horseshit act Tony pulled is a testament to everything he has done wrong raising those two boys. Albeit I'm Tonys age or older, but I can tell you for a fact that MY father would have come out of the trailer and gotten some facts first. Then he would have confronted me with that " you lie to me boy, and I'll beat the livin SHIT out of you" LOOK and gotten my side of the story. The truth, that is. Why? Because my father is a man, not a delusional psychopath. Every lesson my father taught me guides my life today. God help the Alessi boys if it's the same for them.

Edited due to the omission of one important word. It should be readily apparent.
slipdog
7/26/2013 9:11pm
For the record, I did some dumb ass shit when I was younger and it in no way reflected on my parents. I was a dumb ass all on my own. The man I finally turned into is the reflection of my mother and father.

Also for the record, my father would've threatened and been agressive with me, not DC or Mathess, over lazergate if I was involved.
Electro21
Fantasy
66th
7/26/2013 9:23pm
In the past, I liked and was fans of the Alessi's. After this ordeal, not so much except for Mike. Still a fan of him, and I hope he can make it through all of this.

As for Jeff, I used to cheer for you, but this was pretty f'ed up thing you did. I hope you get yourself right and make amends.
Seamorbutts
7/26/2013 10:28pm
I'm curtain he love's his children, but his personality and parenting skills are of white trash descendent.
VOODOO27
7/27/2013 12:34am
MaxPower wrote:
[b]I agree with you Tbones Pop. He did act like an ass. A big ass. Maybe the biggest ever. . I'm saying how he stood by...
I agree with you Tbones Pop. He did act like an ass. A big ass. Maybe the biggest ever. .
I'm saying how he stood by his stupid kid is what impressed me
how in the world does that impress you? Does a suicide bomber in the name of Allah impress you with their love and conviction of how they 'stand by' their God? Same logic... and both are whacked.

Something tells me you didn't have a decent father figure involved in your life, growing up, if Tony's actions impressed you. Soory to hear that, my friend. But, there are better role models in this sport to look at, as fathers who do it right. Tony's not one of them by a longshot.
Dirtydane
7/27/2013 1:39am
jonjon714 wrote:
For starters....what grade do you give a parent of the kid who thought it was cute to use the damn laser in the first place?
By reading that comment i can tell it is you on that avatar picture.

Thats the most stupid thing i have read on all this Alessi stuff this week.

So all humands doing stupid shit, murdering, robbing, hurting other people, lastergating...

Its always the parents fault?
So i think we should release all killers from jail and put their parents there instead, since its their fault.
jonjon714
7/27/2013 3:11am
jonjon714 wrote:
Dirtydane wrote:
By reading that comment i can tell it is you on that avatar picture. Thats the most stupid thing i have read on all this Alessi...
By reading that comment i can tell it is you on that avatar picture.

Thats the most stupid thing i have read on all this Alessi stuff this week.

So all humands doing stupid shit, murdering, robbing, hurting other people, lastergating...

Its always the parents fault?
So i think we should release all killers from jail and put their parents there instead, since its their fault.
Yeah...that's exactly what I said. Whistling

Put a check in the "Tony's a great dad" box for this one. You give Tony huge props on his outstanding apology too, huh?

WTF is lastergating?
motogrady
7/27/2013 3:33am
With all due respect Max, you're full of shit. Also, if that impresses you, I can only hope you're not a father. That fuckin horseshit act...
With all due respect Max, you're full of shit. Also, if that impresses you, I can only hope you're not a father. That fuckin horseshit act Tony pulled is a testament to everything he has done wrong raising those two boys. Albeit I'm Tonys age or older, but I can tell you for a fact that MY father would have come out of the trailer and gotten some facts first. Then he would have confronted me with that " you lie to me boy, and I'll beat the livin SHIT out of you" LOOK and gotten my side of the story. The truth, that is. Why? Because my father is a man, not a delusional psychopath. Every lesson my father taught me guides my life today. God help the Alessi boys if it's the same for them.

Edited due to the omission of one important word. It should be readily apparent.
Go ahead, be a good dad and beat the living shit out of your kid.
Here in the States that would put your ass in jail.
imoto316
7/27/2013 4:51am
"The times they are a chang-ing." Growing up in late fifties and early sixties, those in positions of authority were given not only the benefit of the doubt but respect. I recall, my father telling me that if I was paddled in school (yes, those things happened back then) that I would receive punishment again when I got home.

Now days, and for some time, the modus operandi has been to question authority (thank you late sixties). It's always someone else's fault, everyone's a victim, and those in authority can't be trusted and must automatically be wrong. My little angel (whom I've caught in numerous lies over the past) however, must be right, and if I don't advocate for him or her, the "system" will grind away all his/her autonomy and all my "Father of the Year" coffee mugs will be taken away. And to make matters worse, I will no longer be my kid's Best Friend Forever.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, Tony's reaction is not much different than the way a lot of parents do it today.

Applauding this parenting style seems ridiculous.

Two and half cents.
35smom
7/27/2013 5:19am
slipdog wrote:
For the record, I did some dumb ass shit when I was younger and it in no way reflected on my parents. I was a dumb...
For the record, I did some dumb ass shit when I was younger and it in no way reflected on my parents. I was a dumb ass all on my own. The man I finally turned into is the reflection of my mother and father.

Also for the record, my father would've threatened and been agressive with me, not DC or Mathess, over lazergate if I was involved.
Exactly. Cool
trailhopper
7/27/2013 5:23am
MaxPower wrote:
[b]I've made my share of behind the keyboard comments about lasergate. But after just finishing the Pulp podcast I have to say this. Tony is a...
I've made my share of behind the keyboard comments about lasergate. But after just finishing the Pulp podcast I have to say this. Tony is a damn good father. It must be amazing to have someone that will stand up for you and not let you hang no matter the reason or the cost. He is not a stupid man. He knows Jeff from his past actions is a 23 year old man boy. He knew Jeff was guilty of something the second he got word on the head set . Yet the guy went nose to nose with anyone that was a threat to his kid. Not saying he was right. Just saying I thought that was cool. I have no idea if Jeff can appreciate it.but I hope one day he can. Because I don't know too many people that would go as far as Tony did to support his stupid kid
It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it...........you dont listen to yourself very well.
Hut
7/27/2013 5:33am
I'll chime in here in support of the "back in my day", "that's what's wrong with kids these days" crowd.
4stroke4DWIN
7/27/2013 6:08am
Hut wrote:
I'll chime in here in support of the "back in my day", "that's what's wrong with kids these days" crowd.
X2
bultokid
7/27/2013 6:39am
Back then you screwed up you were in line for 5 ass whopping's...and you DESERVED it

1. Teacher popped you with that damn ruler- sent you to Principal's office
2. Principal broke out the board on you - calls Coach, oh crap,,,,then calls the folks
3. Coach pops you with that damn paddle with the holes in it, then runs you till you puke, then runs you some more
4. Mom lights you up with either the belt or that freaking wooden spoon--then the dreaded "just wait till your father gets home"
5. Pops comes in and gives you "the look"...you know it's party time.......... and yet we all survived
LtColMXUSM131
Fantasy
431st
7/27/2013 6:50am
Children's actions, perceptions and attitudes are formed by their environment, peers and role models and most importantly by those who raise and INSTILL VALUES in them. Jeff's actions and reactions to being confronted with his transgression can be directly attributed to the individual who raised him (given the extensive documentation of how powerful an influence their father is on both "children").
Jeff lied when he was confronted about his actions, tired to shift blame,and aggressively confronted several people who questioned him about his actions. Only when he was presented with irrefutable evidence, realized the consequences of his actions on others did he offer a "sincere" apology.
His father continued to aggressively attack and threaten the accusers and now when presented with the aftermath of his and his "child's" (25 years old???) actions offers an apology?

I deal with 18 year old's on a daily basis who do the wrong thing and the majority of which, through the values instilled in them stand up for their actions and take the consequences. Those that, lie, shift blame and offer excuses are held to the highest account and rooted out of the organization.

Parenting has an immeasurable impact for good or bad on those raised.

In this case I think the actions of both parties speak for the quality of the parent.
dantheman
7/27/2013 7:10am
Tony's take and view on the world is the problem, with ALL of them.

Saying "I'll take a bullet for my son" in a situation that does not justify that type of "commitment" is ludicrous.

He tries to turn every conversation into positive PR for "Mike Alessi", used Mike's full name same as he does to
refer to his own son.

His view seems skewed just enough, and then acted upon, that actions that would normally make you a great
guy and upstanding, in the right situation, come across in totally the opposite way. Showing paranoia, trust issues
and lack of good judgment.

Has he gotten them "this far", sure he has. But Mike's talent coupled with a Dad who's mentality wasn't just "off" by
a little bit could have taken him to a much greater place in American motocross history when it's all said and done.

DV had it right, Tony needs help. The changes needed to correct behavior like this rarely comes through self reflection.
We have all seen the apologies, that's the easy part! REAL change comes from actions... as they still, and always will, speak louder than words.

That's my .02... refunds gladly accepted of course Wink
Hut
7/27/2013 7:31am
No refund needed
scooter5002
7/27/2013 7:50am
motogrady wrote:
Go ahead, be a good dad and beat the living shit out of your kid.
Here in the States that would put your ass in jail.
I altered that slightly grady. Nonetheless, you completely missed the entire meaning of my post. Quite obviously, the others behind me think like me. Re-read my post and see if it makes more sense. Nowhere did I say I'd pound on my kid.
We are also talking two different eras, but I'm quite certain the way kids carry on today is directly linked to the lack of consequences for their actions. Parents are also handcuffed by the modern laws, even if they believe in corporal punishment. There's also a huge disparity between abuse and discipline. Our society suffers because of a few do gooders who think children should be molly coddled no matter HOW bad they are. It's bad enough now, but shit runs downhill. I shudder to think what will happen when today's youth has their own spawn.
TannerMxer
7/27/2013 8:22am
imoto316 wrote:
"The times they are a chang-ing." Growing up in late fifties and early sixties, those in positions of authority were given not only the benefit of...
"The times they are a chang-ing." Growing up in late fifties and early sixties, those in positions of authority were given not only the benefit of the doubt but respect. I recall, my father telling me that if I was paddled in school (yes, those things happened back then) that I would receive punishment again when I got home.

Now days, and for some time, the modus operandi has been to question authority (thank you late sixties). It's always someone else's fault, everyone's a victim, and those in authority can't be trusted and must automatically be wrong. My little angel (whom I've caught in numerous lies over the past) however, must be right, and if I don't advocate for him or her, the "system" will grind away all his/her autonomy and all my "Father of the Year" coffee mugs will be taken away. And to make matters worse, I will no longer be my kid's Best Friend Forever.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, Tony's reaction is not much different than the way a lot of parents do it today.

Applauding this parenting style seems ridiculous.

Two and half cents.
+1

imoto316 dude nailed it.
Claerhout
Fantasy
296th
7/27/2013 8:40am
I don't really agree with what the op said here. I believe Tonys a hot head and it must of had an influence on his kids over the years, no doubt. But im just a fan with zero inside knowledge.

I used to hate on the Alessi's awhile back. Why would Mike not let his dad go and be the champion? What an idiot! If I was his dad even, I would let him go! Now that my son is older, and I think back when I raced with my dad. How can you argue with a family that has their own team basically, and have been top 10/top 5 in the pro's for around 10 years? Might not of lived up to the hype, but the family has had by far a successful career together. People make mistakes, not all families are perfect.
DonM
7/27/2013 8:46am
Tony's comment "I'll take a bullet for my son" means I will have my child's back regardless whether he is right or wrong is the crux of the problem. With that mentality those kids grew up without being taught the difference between right and wrong instead they were brought up with the mentality of "you do whatever you have to do to support the cause" and the cause being their racing careers. Unfortunately Jeff's actions are the result of his upbringing and the blame can lye in only one place...and that's Tony.
There were a few football players that were brought up with the same mentality...Todd Marinovich and Ryan Leaf come to mind.
I'm sure there are many examples in professional sports that have the same results but the end of the day Tony has been wrong in his approach from day one and we are now seeing the results from that.
As far as Mike is concerned I believe his saving grace and his ability mature and to see things through a different light is Danielle.

Post a reply to: Something nice to say about Tony Alessi

The Latest