Something missing?

milliebays
4/11/2019 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2019 7:55pm
GuyB wrote:
What's funny to me is that everyone's pissing and moaning about a thread that got deleted, and yet I haven't seen one word in the forum...
What's funny to me is that everyone's pissing and moaning about a thread that got deleted, and yet I haven't seen one word in the forum today about the podcast I posted yesterday.
i passively listened.

it's bad form to criticize free content, but it wasn't really that controversial. would have loved to see John G. sweat a bit more.
121ANM
4/11/2019 7:52pm
Oh a thread that’s bringing web traffic with tons of drama and insider info? Not today! *delete* -GuyB

Tell the Kawi guys the “vitards” say hello.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/11/2019 8:04pm
milliebays wrote:
i passively listened. it's bad form to criticize free content, but it wasn't really that controversial. would have loved to see John G. sweat a bit...
i passively listened.

it's bad form to criticize free content, but it wasn't really that controversial. would have loved to see John G. sweat a bit more.
I was hoping more for informational than controversial, but thanks for playing.

The Shop

olds cool
4/11/2019 9:31pm
Marty1028 wrote:
Nerd did not get canned, we just didn't renew his contract. That is litterally the quote on quote "nice" way of firing someone.
plowboy wrote:
STEVE Cox
STEVE Matthes
STEVE Giberson

Something smells fishy. Like the blind man said as he passed the fish market, "Hello, ladies".

Ménage ‘a Steve??? Grinning

1. If “Diamond Dave” is all that and a bag of chips, then why couldn’t/can’t he make it on his own? Outside of a few good years with VH, what’s his claim to fame? Sammy would still be Sammy if he had never met them.

2. The engine. Without one, you can call it anything you want but it’s really just a piece of garage or yard art.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
4/11/2019 9:33pm
TeamGreen wrote:
WTF?!?!

There’s a Homepage?
This was almost as funny as the first time someone made the same joke in this very thread.
Brent
4/11/2019 10:17pm
Oh my gosh it’s gone???
I take a break for a day and come back to the whole thread being nuked?
Damn I want a refund of my Vital subscription money...
dkg
4/11/2019 11:47pm
GuyB wrote:
What's funny to me is that everyone's pissing and moaning about a thread that got deleted, and yet I haven't seen one word in the forum...
What's funny to me is that everyone's pissing and moaning about a thread that got deleted, and yet I haven't seen one word in the forum today about the podcast I posted yesterday.
plowboy wrote:
Guilty...but I did go listen. Good stuff. Sounds like your old school mate is trying to do it right. My big takeaway is that we need...
Guilty...but I did go listen. Good stuff. Sounds like your old school mate is trying to do it right. My big takeaway is that we need an in-depth interview with GuyB....you've been around buddy. Wink
Agreed. On both counts
4/12/2019 3:25am
TeamGreen wrote:
WTF?!?!

There’s a Homepage?
SPYGUY wrote:
This was almost as funny as the first time someone made the same joke in this very thread.
I didn’t find it nearly as funny. Tongue
4/12/2019 4:02am
Love the funnies. The sarcasm has even been on point headed by none other than Sir
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/12/2019 4:46am
Brent wrote:
Oh my gosh it’s gone??? I take a break for a day and come back to the whole thread being nuked? Damn I want a refund...
Oh my gosh it’s gone???
I take a break for a day and come back to the whole thread being nuked?
Damn I want a refund of my Vital subscription money...
Here you go. ???
DoctorJD
4/12/2019 5:12am
So for those of you who missed the thread, it goes a little something like this:

Nerd: I know something.
SM: I know something, too.
Nerd: Your something is wrong.
SM: Oh yea, well YOUR something is wrong.
Nerd: I'm smarter than you, I'm a journalist.
SM: I know more than you, I worked as a mechanic for some guys you may have heard of.
Nerd: That doesn't mean anything.
SM: Who's your source?
Nerd: I'm not telling.

So that went on for about 15 pages with a sh*t ton of speculation thrown in. So if you missed the original thread, you didn't miss anything.
TeamGreen
4/12/2019 7:29am
TeamGreen wrote:
WTF?!?!

There’s a Homepage?
SPYGUY wrote:
I didn’t find it nearly as funny. Tongue
Out of respect to original thread, besting a dead horse was fitting.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/12/2019 7:35am
GuyB wrote:
I didn't see the original thread & have no idea what's going on as I'm just reading through trying to figure it out. So I'm not...
I didn't see the original thread & have no idea what's going on as I'm just reading through trying to figure it out. So I'm not saying anything specific to this thread or the original. Just a general statement... In this sport, info is nowhere to be found(especially anything 100% legit or credible), nobody tells the fans anything about anything. It's always a giant puzzle with a few missing pieces that you think goes together a certain way to make it correct but really can't be sure with the missing pieces. On the other hand, podcasts are a dime a dozen & don't have any real hype or excitement around them. Sure they are good to listen to when you get the time but there is no "rage". Hands down, any bit of insider info you finally get to hear about is going to take the cake. 1000 times more exciting & interesting. Nobody "cares" about another podcast, everyone cares about unknown info, especially when its drama. Again, not disrespecting your podcast, I actually love all the podcasts(most of them) & am thankful that I have cool stuff to listen to. Your statement seems like a total apples to oranges comparison to me though. At any rate I appreciate all the hard work you do on the forum & the content, always good stuff!
Translation: "People love rumors and rush to feed on them like pigs at a trough."
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/12/2019 7:41am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2019 7:42am
You guys are acting like you've been denied the Williamson stuff, some kind of material information that supposedly matters about racing.

All that information is still in the breeze. What you are really complaining about is being denied the chance to read people hacking at each other. Congratulations.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
4/12/2019 7:44am
Meister wrote:
Wtf did I miss?
MXD wrote:
Short version, Nerd said MW sucked at his job and was in over his head which is why Kawi canned him. Matthes said that he asked...
Short version, Nerd said MW sucked at his job and was in over his head which is why Kawi canned him. Matthes said that he asked MW directly and MW gave a different version saying that he quit due to the travel. Nerd hurled insults at Matthes, MW and DC (?). Matthes asked for proof that Kawi said that MW sucked and was canned and Nerd said he couldn't reveal his source but we should believe him. Then Matthes asked Nerd to return MW's texts and Nerd threatened to post screenshots.
zehn wrote:
You forgot the part where ML corroborated Nerd's story
To be exact, my comment was more that some of the stuff Nerd said about Williamson and his position at Kawi was what I heard from others there. But I don't agree with what Nerd said about Matthes in any way or his points on Williamson personal-wise.
wolf918
4/12/2019 7:50am
MXD wrote:
Short version, Nerd said MW sucked at his job and was in over his head which is why Kawi canned him. Matthes said that he asked...
Short version, Nerd said MW sucked at his job and was in over his head which is why Kawi canned him. Matthes said that he asked MW directly and MW gave a different version saying that he quit due to the travel. Nerd hurled insults at Matthes, MW and DC (?). Matthes asked for proof that Kawi said that MW sucked and was canned and Nerd said he couldn't reveal his source but we should believe him. Then Matthes asked Nerd to return MW's texts and Nerd threatened to post screenshots.
zehn wrote:
You forgot the part where ML corroborated Nerd's story
ML512 wrote:
To be exact, my comment was more that some of the stuff Nerd said about Williamson and his position at Kawi was what I heard from...
To be exact, my comment was more that some of the stuff Nerd said about Williamson and his position at Kawi was what I heard from others there. But I don't agree with what Nerd said about Matthes in any way or his points on Williamson personal-wise.
Maybe without going into personal stuff with kawi or m.w. Can you give us an idea of what testing was like then and what its like now?
4/12/2019 7:52am
Translation: "People love rumors and rush to feed on them like pigs at a trough."
Alternative Translation: Niche sport with fanbase that is consistently denied information resorts to message board discussion because there are no known reporters like other major sports (Adam schefter, Adrian wojnarowski, buster olney) that can provide info on the sport they love.

We have 1, maybe 2 sources like Matthes and Keefer that actually report stuff because for some weird reason every tidbit or grain of MX information on teams, riders, or staff is treated like the fucking Manhattan project in 1945. It's motocross, we're not important enough to be this insanely secretive.
bents
Fantasy
909th
4/12/2019 8:13pm
Any thread that involves Nerd typically does not go well in the end.
oldblood
4/12/2019 8:17pm
bents wrote:
I disagree. (trying to be polite). He's a good guy. We can't always see eye to eye.
Titan1
4/12/2019 8:58pm
bents wrote:
oldblood wrote:
I disagree. (trying to be polite). He's a good guy. We can't always see eye to eye.
He’s a good guy, yes, you’re right, but a good guy that absolutely refuses to even think about agreeing to disagree...he will not stop until it’s either acknowledged that he’s right (which he thinks is a victory for his views) or people just stop responding (which he also sees as a victory).

That kind of arrogance and condescending tone are what end up getting threads deleted...because the people he’s sparring with almost always end up getting personal and piling on (which he also views as a victory).
oldblood
4/12/2019 9:43pm
I see your point, I have debated with him before. He will go toe to toe with anyone, anytime, relentlessly. I have to respect that.
Sluggo77
4/13/2019 9:26am
bents wrote:
oldblood wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
He’s a good guy, yes, you’re right, but a good guy that absolutely refuses to even think about agreeing to disagree...he will not stop until it’s...
He’s a good guy, yes, you’re right, but a good guy that absolutely refuses to even think about agreeing to disagree...he will not stop until it’s either acknowledged that he’s right (which he thinks is a victory for his views) or people just stop responding (which he also sees as a victory).

That kind of arrogance and condescending tone are what end up getting threads deleted...because the people he’s sparring with almost always end up getting personal and piling on (which he also views as a victory).
Sounds exactly like a narcissist. Conflict equals victory for them.
DoctorJD
4/13/2019 9:41am
oldblood wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
He’s a good guy, yes, you’re right, but a good guy that absolutely refuses to even think about agreeing to disagree...he will not stop until it’s...

Sluggo77 wrote:
Glad someone finally said it.
plowboy
4/13/2019 9:52am
oldblood wrote:
Titan1 wrote:

Sluggo77 wrote:
I don't know Cox but I've had a little interaction with him on the boards. He's definitely a smart dude but comes across as pretty much deaf to anything that doesn't agree with his opinion. In my experience...a person's opinion should be fluid...changing based on new data/information, perspective, education. I'm not educated enough to diagnose "narcissism"...but my uneducated description is "asshole".
500guy
4/13/2019 9:59am
The worst of what's missing was the desperate attempt to prove himself right by saying Williams was unfit for the job.

That was an extremely shitty thing to say about the man.

Post a reply to: Something missing?

The Latest