Something every rider should consider doing

Related:
Create New Tag

12/9/2017 3:40 AM

Is get a bone density scan

Apparently, genetics is a major factor. So even if you live on a dairy farm and put away a gallon or so a day, you could have lower strength bones than the next guy. (Kindof sums up my situation)

And with this sport abnormal / large impact loads are inevitable. So the odd fracture here or there is very likely. But for some of us, some of them might be able to be avoided.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

|

12/9/2017 3:48 AM

So what do we do with this information?

How do we get denser bones?

|

12/9/2017 5:42 AM

Or a platelet blood test.

I have a low RBC count, and get tired easily. No training in the world will fix that.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

12/9/2017 5:50 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

I have a low RBC count, and get tired easily. No training in the world will fix that.

EPO

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

12/9/2017 5:52 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

kzizok wrote:

EPO

grin
|

12/9/2017 5:55 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

kzizok wrote:

EPO

Markee wrote: grin

I was serious. That is exactly what EPO is for (low RBC’s).

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

12/9/2017 6:11 AM

kzizok wrote:

EPO

Markee wrote: grin

kzizok wrote:

I was serious. That is exactly what EPO is for (low RBC’s).

I have to wait another month, then get my 3rd blood test to confirm it’s consistantly low..... then I’ll be pushing for something to help.

|

12/9/2017 6:21 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

I have to wait another month, then get my 3rd blood test to confirm it’s consistantly low..... then I’ll be pushing for something to help.

Best of luck to you with that. I’m battling an odd stomach ailment for the last few weeks. Go to the GI doctor on Wednesday and praying it’s not Crohns. I already have gluten sensitivity.

|

12/9/2017 6:29 AM

If youre fat all your life like me and lift weights you get indestructible bones. If youre a twig and cant even deadlift 405 then you are fucked

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

12/9/2017 8:42 AM

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/9/2017 9:01 AM

According to my wife, my bone density could be better.

|

12/9/2017 9:07 AM

You can get denser bones by taking vitamin d and calcium supplements. Believe or not drinking coke affects calcium fixation to your bones. Making them weaker. Such as caltrate d.

|

12/9/2017 11:56 AM

Photo

|

12/9/2017 12:13 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

smh. Sounds like laziness and a poor diet.

|

12/9/2017 12:50 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

So what do we do with this information?

How do we get denser bones?

Depending on the cause (there are a few at least from what i know - and i mean including within the genetics space) there are various treatments.

There is also research going on into things like structural integrity of the bone, not just mineral density. So understanding and treatments should improve in the future

|

12/9/2017 1:08 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

stillgonnagreaseit wrote:

For sure bro...

|

12/9/2017 1:18 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

For sure bro...

You heard the online doctor...shame,shame, shame!

|

12/10/2017 7:25 PM

jrrundle wrote:

Ouch!!

|

12/10/2017 7:28 PM

jrrundle wrote:

laughing laughing
|

12/11/2017 6:36 AM

I was told by my doctor when I was an early teen that I have EXTREMELY strong/dense bones. I guess the proof is that I have never broken a bone despite taking soil samples MANY times during my life. I drank a shit ton of milk as a kid and still do as an adult.

|

12/11/2017 8:38 AM

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.....

|