Someone tell me about Gareth Swanepoel...

dirtnapper
7/8/2017 12:17pm
I just watched the absolutly fantastic second season of MX Nation ( SUCH a great series...) and I have a question about Swanepoel.....

Does this guy have any "training" credentials? Or is he just an ex rider who just decided he was a trainer? He seems very smug and a bit on the arrogant side.

I don't know a lot about his career but from what I gather he had a pretty underwhelming MX career, not much of anything except 2nd OA in a British series and didn't have a lot of success in the US.

I guess I'm not sure why a "should be" superstar like Coop is working with him....... not sure the expected results are where they could be.....

Don't get all bitchy on me, I'm not hating , just wondering.
|
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
7/8/2017 12:19pm
Coop won a 250 national title being trained by him, so I'm gonna say he's not the issue.
Bidirella
7/8/2017 12:22pm
You better can say nothing when you know nothing! He was a frontrunner in GP MX2 and a solid top 10 450 rider in the GPs before coming over. And he even won a moto on the wick on a star 250 beating PC win streak!

Before you forget, he also trainend Webb last year when he won a Supercross and Motocross title!!!!

Nothing wrong with this Guy! He knows his shit.
visser62
7/8/2017 12:24pm
In 2011, he was the only rider to win a moto outside of Wilson, Baggett, and Rattray.
7/8/2017 12:29pm
Being a great rider or winning races doesn't mean you're a great trainer. Whether or not hes a good trainer, I have no idea.

The Shop

dirtnapper
7/8/2017 12:46pm
Thanks for some of the replies but only Dan touched on my question - is he a trainer??

And no disrespect to anyone, I'm just curious.

As for last summers Nationals, well..... J Mart DID go out with broken ribs and Versatchy WAS schooling Coop before Coop got things going so......something something hollow championship.....Tongue . ( I'm kidding! )
F.B
7/8/2017 12:59pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Thanks for some of the replies but only Dan touched on my question - is he a trainer?? And no disrespect to anyone, I'm just curious...
Thanks for some of the replies but only Dan touched on my question - is he a trainer??

As for last summers Nationals, well..... J Mart DID go out with broken ribs and Versatchy WAS schooling Coop before Coop got things going so......something something hollow championship.....Tongue . ( I'm kidding! )
That depends on your definition of trainer.
Robgvx
7/8/2017 1:18pm
Just a little faster than Aldon Baker.
TXDirt
7/8/2017 1:19pm
Training is not some magical thing. What's more important is routine and consistency. Run, swim, strength training, eat right, hydrate right, do your motos. Get proper sleep. That's what a lot of these trainers help with is being consistent. Almost like a training partner. Having someone there to push you to get your ass out of the bed and hit that 5-10 mile run, etc.
dirtnapper
7/8/2017 1:23pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Thanks for some of the replies but only Dan touched on my question - is he a trainer?? And no disrespect to anyone, I'm just curious...

F.B wrote:
Ok the real reason why I asked is cause somewhere in the series ( I can't remember where ..... I watched the whole season in one shot ) Gareth said something to the effect of wanting to be able to beat Aldons guys with Coop in 2017. We all know that, like him or hate him, Aldon is a certified trainer. And a very good one.

Is Gareth?

Cause he seems to have a very lofty ambition of beating some the best riders out there ( Marv and Ando ) and so far this outdoor season, they aren't doing a very good job of it. And didn't in Supercross either.
RG1
7/8/2017 1:25pm
Robgvx wrote:
LaughingLaughingLaughing
machine
7/8/2017 1:28pm
Robgvx wrote:
And a LOT less expensive, I'm pretty sure.
7/8/2017 1:44pm
He was the only rider in 2011 not on a Pro Circuit bike to win a moto that's really all I know about him haha
Lastander
7/8/2017 2:04pm
I met swanie when Coop visited us and ate some dinner last year.
Didn't say much, and when he spoke he wasnt very happy...
Didn't even let Coop answer our questions himself, i asked what he thought about bowers since they were racing on different coasts that year.
Totally demented Tyler and said how mentally unstable he was (well he was, kinda...).

That was maybe what cooper needed since he won though
Barrzy256
7/8/2017 2:12pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Ok the real reason why I asked is cause somewhere in the series ( I can't remember where ..... I watched the whole season in one...
Ok the real reason why I asked is cause somewhere in the series ( I can't remember where ..... I watched the whole season in one shot ) Gareth said something to the effect of wanting to be able to beat Aldons guys with Coop in 2017. We all know that, like him or hate him, Aldon is a certified trainer. And a very good one.

Is Gareth?

Cause he seems to have a very lofty ambition of beating some the best riders out there ( Marv and Ando ) and so far this outdoor season, they aren't doing a very good job of it. And didn't in Supercross either.
I can go online spent £500 do a course, and then call myself a "quailified trainer."

I think what Sean now is bringing to the table is experience and knowledge, and puts together the whole package for the riders etc.

Do you think Milsaps mum is a 'trainer?'
Sodipop
7/8/2017 3:35pm
I've been pretty impressed with his program. Tickle works with him too and he's always in shape
mxjon454
7/8/2017 3:44pm
dirtnapper wrote:

F.B wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
Ok the real reason why I asked is cause somewhere in the series ( I can't remember where ..... I watched the whole season in one...

Is Gareth?

Is having ambition a bad thing?
Swann
7/8/2017 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2017 3:58pm
dirtnapper wrote:

What kind of stupid question is this?

He's a trainer is someone if willing to pay him for his training services. It's not rocket science.
Gus
7/8/2017 3:53pm
I just watched the MX nation series last week too after a slow night at work. I kinda like the cockiness from Swanee, granted I don't have to put up with him. Coop always seemed to turn it up in the closing laps last season and be very fit. I was at the Charlotte GP and wrote my boy off. Then the last 7-8 mins + 2 happened and it was awesome. Coop hasn't been quite "right" since MXDN in my book. Today was good. I'm looking forward to more of that.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/8/2017 4:36pm
dirtnapper wrote:

Is Gareth?

Barrzy256 wrote:
I can go online spent £500 do a course, and then call myself a "quailified trainer." I think what Sean now is bringing to the table...
I can go online spent £500 do a course, and then call myself a "quailified trainer."

I think what Sean now is bringing to the table is experience and knowledge, and puts together the whole package for the riders etc.

Do you think Milsaps mum is a 'trainer?'
Colleen is a rider coach not a trainer. There's a difference. MTF hires qualified fitness trainers.
SCR
7/8/2017 5:42pm
dirtnapper wrote:

F.B wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:

Is Gareth?

Who certified Aldon as a trainer. I s there some kind of recognized certifying agency? If someone pays you to train them I would say your a professional trainer.

Not trying to bash Aldon enough other people already do that and I thought it was unprofessional and in bad taste when Roczen did it. Aldon seems to have better credentials than most anyone else. But I do think Aldon probably owes Ricky more for his own success than vice versa.
brash
7/8/2017 5:55pm
Here in Australia to become a qualified "PT" it takes about 3 weekends of sitting through powerpoint presentations, bullshitting your way through an exam a dog could pass and paying your $$$$.

So been "qualified" doesn't necessarily mean anything.
brimx153
7/8/2017 8:07pm
he always got great great factory rides , but results did nt have much to do with it

Post a reply to: Someone tell me about Gareth Swanepoel...

The Latest