Someone has that practice clip from 04(?) Stewart 125 and Reed 250 doing that quadruple?

DrSweden
Edited Date/Time 1/3/2013 12:57pm
Maybe a vitalmember (?) had his cellphone (crappy quality) in the audience during sat practice or something and shot a clip 2004 (?) where Stewie was quadruple a section which was almost impossible, and Reed saw it and figure I'm no tool, and did it with his yz250 (kind of trail and error). Kind of showed how amazing these guys are and I just felt an urge to watch that clip again. Of course these being on smokers makes it even more fun to watch! Grinning
|
Jefro98
1/3/2013 4:16am
tobz wrote:
Quick YouTube search brought this up Smile it wasn't a quad though, it was a 3+3+3

https://youtu.be/sTN9ABrcsCM
I was there at practice when it all happened. Really cool.
People were going nuts watching 'm do this.
What made it tricky was the little jump just before the take off.
You see Reed and Stewarts wheely over it BMX style and hit the first jump after it.

The Shop

1/3/2013 7:58am
Stewart was only on a KX144, too.
Ryno23
Fantasy
891st
1/3/2013 8:37am
Jefro98 wrote:
I was there at practice when it all happened. Really cool. People were going nuts watching 'm do this. What made it tricky was the little...
You see Reed and Stewarts wheely over it BMX style and hit the first jump after it.
Yeah, I was there too. We were right down by the turn at the end of it. Chad roosted the crap out of my wife when he hit the turn at the end. Funny as hell cuz she said "didn't know I needed tearoffs to just watch!'' Now I'd rather she get hit with a bat than roost. My how times change.
1/3/2013 9:05am
jl393 wrote:
i know its not the one you're talking about but you reminded me of this video from the us open in 09. crazy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRKn0VSPV4 (not sure...
i know its not the one you're talking about but you reminded me of this video from the us open in 09. crazy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRKn0VSPV4 (not sure how to embed sorry)
That one guy doesnt even get excited. I would have jumped out of my seat and started screaming at that jump.
Mr. G
1/3/2013 9:36am
James made it look easy. Didn't look hard till Chad tried it on a more powerful bike, no wonder he has the need to take him out.
J.F.S
1/3/2013 9:57am
This has nothing to do with Reed, but this is one of my favorites of Bubba on smoker clearing stuff

1/3/2013 10:01am
J.F.S wrote:
This has nothing to do with Reed, but this is one of my favorites of Bubba on smoker clearing stuff

I hate to brag, but that is really a video of me back in my hay days. I was pretty decent on a dirt scooter.
DrSweden
1/3/2013 10:25am
tobz wrote:
Quick YouTube search brought this up Smile it wasn't a quad though, it was a 3+3+3

THANK YOU! I tried the tube, but was looked into this quad thing, obviously I have my limitations.

Awesome, this goes to my cell in the "keeper categories".
DrSweden
1/3/2013 10:29am
J.F.S wrote:

Epic! That sucker I managed to save previously. It's in the keeper storage. I will soon hit the "SX" track in Sweden (in a few weeks) when my bike is ready. Bike is naked, suspension is off etc. I'll give u a buzz when ready if you want to join? Bring out those dusty gear of yours? Grinning
Flatliner
1/3/2013 10:42am
Flatliner wrote:
"Boston " on mx unleashed.
hahaha, I was playing on that track just yesterday.
Can't play unleashed anymore. Messes me up too much when I switch back to reflex Smile
J.F.S
1/3/2013 10:46am
J.F.S wrote:

DrSweden wrote:
Epic! That sucker I managed to save previously. It's in the keeper storage. I will soon hit the "SX" track in Sweden (in a few weeks)...
Epic! That sucker I managed to save previously. It's in the keeper storage. I will soon hit the "SX" track in Sweden (in a few weeks) when my bike is ready. Bike is naked, suspension is off etc. I'll give u a buzz when ready if you want to join? Bring out those dusty gear of yours? Grinning
Very cool, will join!
1/3/2013 10:50am
Flatliner wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
Can't play unleashed anymore. Messes me up too much when I switch back to reflex Smile
Maybe that is why I did so bad on reflex the other day. It definitely felt really weird when I switched back to reflex but I also got in an online game full of goons and it was near impossible to go a lap without another rider ramming into me.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
1/3/2013 10:51am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2013 10:53am
Flatliner wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
Ha, I had to get another PS2 just to play mine. Reflex is a step down to Unleashed.

Reed jumped a little too far on the first triple, probably could have done 4+2+2
DrSweden
1/3/2013 11:14am
jl393 wrote:
i know its not the one you're talking about but you reminded me of this video from the us open in 09. crazy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRKn0VSPV4 (not sure...
i know its not the one you're talking about but you reminded me of this video from the us open in 09. crazy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRKn0VSPV4 (not sure how to embed sorry)
That one guy doesnt even get excited. I would have jumped out of my seat and started screaming at that jump.
Found that one when I searched, pretty amazing. Yeah, wtf is up with that guy? Hangover?
DrSweden
1/3/2013 11:21am
Jefro98 wrote:
I was there at practice when it all happened. Really cool. People were going nuts watching 'm do this. What made it tricky was the little...
Congrats for being there, one of these moments that makes an impression but means jack in the results. Had a similar moment at the MXDN at Matterly Basin 2006 when CP (on a 250F(?) cleared this tabletop that Stewart actually didn't clear (tried and failed, and din't make another try).

https://youtu.be/lxNGDntx27E
DrSweden
1/3/2013 11:34am
I shot that 04 vegas 3-3-3 video. Man time flies.
I shot that 04 vegas 3-3-3 video. Man time flies.
Ha! The world is small! Good work, I hope you have a better phone next time! Grinning
peelout
1/3/2013 11:44am
tobz wrote:

i'm surprised me and my buddies aren't shown in this one. we had to have been within 2 rows of this video.

it was sick.

Stewart wringing that 125 over that jump was sick. the video doesn't do it justice.
JW381
1/3/2013 12:57pm
Flatliner wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
Ew, why would you play Reflex? MVA Unleashed and Alive are the only lasting games.

Anyway, back on topic, the middle jump in that combo looks the most difficult. So much rebound with such a small jump face. Very little room for error! I love watching riders piece together the track in practice.

Post a reply to: Someone has that practice clip from 04(?) Stewart 125 and Reed 250 doing that quadruple?

The Latest