Someone at MXA must read the forum...

ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/4/2018 10:35am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2018 3:07pm
Yesterday someone posted a topic asking about the relics and old parts at Ricky Carmichael's GOAT farm, then someone mentioned the article that MXA did a year or so ago on that specific topic. This morning, the story was reposted to MXA's homepage. Ahh, the power of the forum...
Laughing

Their website is all I can see these days, I was banned from all their social media channels.
|
6/4/2018 10:41am
They have time to read Vital but no time to proof read their content?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/4/2018 10:42am
They have time to read Vital but no time to proof read their content?
No comment. Matthes tried to get to the bottom of that and a few other issues at a media event last year, his inquiries weren't welcomed with open arms to say the least. Laughing
kb228
6/4/2018 10:43am
Are their actual magazines this terrible too?
agn5009
6/4/2018 10:45am
I saw that earlier. It made me laugh as well.

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
6/4/2018 10:49am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 10:49am
ML512 wrote:
Yesterday someone posted a topic asking about the relics and old parts at Ricky Carmichael's GOAT farm, then someone mentioned the article that MXA did a...
Yesterday someone posted a topic asking about the relics and old parts at Ricky Carmichael's GOAT farm, then someone mentioned the article that MXA did a year or so ago on that specific topic. This morning, the story was reposted to MXA's homepage. Ahh, the power of the forum...
Laughing

Their website is all I can see these days, I was banned from all their social media channels.
That is funny! A lot of people read Vital, from big to small.
gt80rider
6/4/2018 11:05am
Interesting that ML considers it a big dealio that MXA reads vital. Of course the mags read the forums, ML needs learn that now days the mag guys say basically the same thing- "OMG, did you see our mention on Vital today"? Paper is dead, now the net based companies hold the power, which might be hard for some of the net based companies to believe, but it is true, and becoming more so with each passing day.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/4/2018 11:18am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 11:37am
gt80rider wrote:
Interesting that ML considers it a big dealio that MXA reads vital. Of course the mags read the forums, ML needs learn that now days the...
Interesting that ML considers it a big dealio that MXA reads vital. Of course the mags read the forums, ML needs learn that now days the mag guys say basically the same thing- "OMG, did you see our mention on Vital today"? Paper is dead, now the net based companies hold the power, which might be hard for some of the net based companies to believe, but it is true, and becoming more so with each passing day.
I don't consider it a big deal, it just makes me chuckle that they would republish a story based off what our audience is interested in. Pretty much everyone reads the forum, as I get texts and messages from other journalist, team members, or riders nearly every day about what they read here.

I need to learn? I'm chuckling at that comment.
BR8ES
6/4/2018 11:18am
I think Vital has more of a word on the street vibe than any magazine in this day and age. "They" definitely read this forum.
huck
6/4/2018 11:26am
'you'd never believe who reads this place'
6/4/2018 11:44am
ML512 wrote:
No comment. Matthes tried to get to the bottom of that and a few other issues at a media event last year, his inquiries weren't welcomed...
No comment. Matthes tried to get to the bottom of that and a few other issues at a media event last year, his inquiries weren't welcomed with open arms to say the least. Laughing
I read this and immediately pictured The Gatekeeper from The Wizard of Oz Laughing

kkawboy14
6/4/2018 11:44am
ML512 wrote:
Yesterday someone posted a topic asking about the relics and old parts at Ricky Carmichael's GOAT farm, then someone mentioned the article that MXA did a...
Laughing

WUT? You were thrown out of a forum? Smile
Whip
Fantasy
3218th
6/4/2018 11:46am
ML512 wrote:
No comment. Matthes tried to get to the bottom of that and a few other issues at a media event last year, his inquiries weren't welcomed...
> they would republish a story based off what our audience is interested in

What's wrong with that?

As a fan of both I don't see why you can't get along. Won't be long before all MX content is aggregated on reddit under r/mx or r/motocross and Vital will be a distant thing of the past. Enjoy it while it lasts.
newmann
6/4/2018 12:04pm
Or maybe the article on their site started getting a bunch of hits after it was mentioned here? Or is that not how things work?

I'm sure MXA would never read Vital anymore than the factory teams or riders...Whistling

Did they make any mention of you posting their photos on Vital?Laughing
dboivin
6/4/2018 12:07pm
newmann wrote:
Or maybe the article on their site started getting a bunch of hits after it was mentioned here? Or is that not how things work? I'm...
Or maybe the article on their site started getting a bunch of hits after it was mentioned here? Or is that not how things work?

I'm sure MXA would never read Vital anymore than the factory teams or riders...Whistling

Did they make any mention of you posting their photos on Vital?Laughing
very possible....also pretty easy to see where those hits are coming from and track down the post if needed. Smile
peelout
6/4/2018 12:24pm
if that's the case, then how long until MXA releases an article on the importance of routinely checking the torque on your sprocket bolts?
6/4/2018 12:54pm
Vital is hands down the go to forum for the industry. When's the last time you heard someone on a moto podcast say "Yea there was something on ThumperTalk about that" Laughing
dboivin
6/4/2018 1:07pm
peelout wrote:
if that's the case, then how long until MXA releases an article on the importance of routinely checking the torque on your sprocket bolts?
haha...right, been looking for it. probably still in proofing.
Xeno
6/4/2018 1:25pm
Personally, I miss WordNerd.
ttugrad1793
6/4/2018 1:27pm
so that I understand...we're making fun of MXA for posting a story relevant to a topic posted here...because a guy that works HERE...is surfing THEIR site?

LOL at "motocross journalism".
enketchum
6/4/2018 2:06pm
Whip wrote:
> they would republish a story based off what our audience is interested in What's wrong with that? As a fan of both I don't see...

What's wrong with that?

As a fan of both I don't see why you can't get along. Won't be long before all MX content is aggregated on reddit under r/mx or r/motocross and Vital will be a distant thing of the past. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Good thing Gibby already sold the site a while ago
6/4/2018 2:36pm
I'll never understand why Jody at MXA acts so standoffish towards other magazines and websites. As much as a bunghole he is about his legacy, you'd think he would hire someone who can read and use punctuation correctly for his website.
ob
6/4/2018 3:07pm
Of course they read Vital, who doesn’t?
jeffro503
6/4/2018 3:09pm
ML512 wrote:
Laughing

Banned from their social media? They take stuff personal I guess , sheeesh!
ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/4/2018 3:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
A certain someone on their staff dislikes me, to an extreme level. Laughing To the point every other media basically knows it.
jeffro503
6/4/2018 3:17pm
ML512 wrote:
Whip wrote:
> they would republish a story based off what our audience is interested in What's wrong with that? As a fan of both I don't see...

What's wrong with that?

You think so huh? I've been here about 11 years , and have seen it do nothing but grow and grow. There are reason's why it grow's as well. And there is a reason why the magazine's are suffering because of it. This place....is the future , weather anyone believe's that or not. Everything is pretty instant , which you will never get from a magazine. And in this " we want it now " generation.......that is why this place keeps growing.
jeffro503
6/4/2018 3:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
A certain someone on their staff dislikes me, to an extreme level. Laughing To the point every other media basically knows it.
Haha , I see! I think " Maybe " it could be from the bike shootout stuff? Just guessing there. But in all honesty ( Like I pointed out above )......the internet based sites in about every interest on earth , thrive , while the magazine's tend to suffer..Evolution baby.
jeffro503
6/4/2018 3:21pm
peelout wrote:
And they better be damn good at it Peely! You know.....since they always drop a tooth or two.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/4/2018 3:21pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha , I see! I think " Maybe " it could be from the bike shootout stuff? Just guessing there. But in all honesty ( Like...
Haha , I see! I think " Maybe " it could be from the bike shootout stuff? Just guessing there. But in all honesty ( Like I pointed out above )......the internet based sites in about every interest on earth , thrive , while the magazine's tend to suffer..Evolution baby.
Naw, it's not work related. Ever met someone in life who just hates you no matter how nice you are to them? That's what happened. Laughing
jeffro503
6/4/2018 3:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha , I see! I think " Maybe " it could be from the bike shootout stuff? Just guessing there. But in all honesty ( Like...
ML512 wrote:
Naw, it's not work related. Ever met someone in life who just hates you no matter how nice you are to them? That's what happened. Laughing
Oh yes , yes I have. They only get that kindness a few times , and after that , they get a big " EFF YOU! " Yeah I know the type.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
6/4/2018 3:56pm
jeffro503 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Seriously?? That's why you were banned? I can't say I'm all that surprised, even though I know and like a few guys over there. But seriously, that's pretty pathetic.

Post a reply to: Someone at MXA must read the forum...

The Latest