Someone Please Get Savagty A....

Lightning78
Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 5:42am
... Front tire with knobbies made of mini shovels or something.

Geez ....he's washed that front end so many times over the last 3 years including this season in races where hes been leading or within striking distance and if your a statician I believe tonight he has made it to Marty’s league.

Really though, hes had to have cost himself handfuls of important points, 2 titles (possibly 3 if he keeps trending) Bonus Money, and quite a few potential race wins he either had in the bag or was incredibly close.

“Joey is gonna Joey” i guess and tonight was another perfect example.... now he wasnt in first but he wasnt out of it when he dumped it. He definitely wouldve finished in front of all the West guys and scored some juicy points. Are “We” not focusing on our fundamentals? I dont know but its gotta frustrate the hell outta Mitch and hes pointing out this year.

Thoughts??

*DISCLAIMER* PLEASE READ ONLY IF YOURE PLANNING TO GOING TO DISCREDIT ME PERSONALLY INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING TO THE THREAD AND MY OBSERVATION yes i know im not anywhere near his level, i also know he was pushing it, yes i realize there is pressure but he is a proven multi year multi time race winner. AGAIN no im not on his level and never will be .... this is an analysis of a very novice-esque fundamental mistake that happens all too often with him and IMO has cost him titles in the last 2 years. No I dont hate hime nor do i dislike him BUT I do despise his relentless over use of “We” when hes talking about HIS riding on the track .... and it is frustrating to see him so depressed like someone just shot his dog when he gets 2nd or 3rd. He is a world class racer and one of the very best 250sx riders in the series but dam hes gotta figure this out bec it IS a consistent pattern that has cost him dearly over the years and very frustrating to watch again and again. Hopefully this disclaimer will serve as an understanding i am making an observation about the race and its not a personal vendetta.
|
bsharkey
3/24/2018 9:36pm
he seems like he just buckles Under Pressure all the time. If he's out front and there's no pressure he just does fine. I won't lie though I don't like the guy much so it seems just fine to me
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
3/24/2018 9:42pm
That was a lot to read but pretty well thought out.

I keep thinking it’s gotta be tough to be Savatgy. He’s super fast, great team, he works his ass off but he always just short. Just short on speed usually and the wins he gets he has a guy hounding him the entire time. Nothing comes easy for him. Not too often he has top riders behind him and he pulls away.

I don’t know why he went back so far tonight.

Do you think he goes back to the goat farm and they are like wtf?
jeffro503
3/24/2018 9:44pm
bsharkey wrote:
he seems like he just buckles Under Pressure all the time. If he's out front and there's no pressure he just does fine. I won't lie...
he seems like he just buckles Under Pressure all the time. If he's out front and there's no pressure he just does fine. I won't lie though I don't like the guy much so it seems just fine to me
I don't like the guy either much. Just something about him. So when he gets shuffled back , I actually smile a bit. In fact , I have a Osbourne / Savatgey GIF on my phone , of the Vegas race last year.....and any time I need to watch something to cheer me up.....that works. SmileSmile

This one here......

bsharkey
3/24/2018 9:47pm
bsharkey wrote:
he seems like he just buckles Under Pressure all the time. If he's out front and there's no pressure he just does fine. I won't lie...
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't like the guy either much. Just something about him. So when he gets shuffled back , I actually smile a bit. In fact...
I don't like the guy either much. Just something about him. So when he gets shuffled back , I actually smile a bit. In fact , I have a Osbourne / Savatgey GIF on my phone , of the Vegas race last year.....and any time I need to watch something to cheer me up.....that works. SmileSmile

This one here......

To be honest with you that whole Fiasco about the time all the PC guys went out to that restaurant and he treated that girl like s*** soured my attitude towards him you should never think you're so cool that you can treat people like that ever since then I've hated the dude

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
3/24/2018 9:47pm
I don’t get the hate. I get it he’s not the most cheery guy. I like AC or Plessinger’s demeanour better.

That pass by Osborne was ruthless.
Bramlett321
3/24/2018 9:49pm
bsharkey wrote:
Lmao I agree...it seems like that Kawi knifes really bad in the turns, I noticed that a lot even with big bike guys. Maybe I’m off base and it happens to all these guys but it sure seems habitual with the green bikes
Motoxdoc
3/24/2018 10:02pm
Thoughts you ask? Too many words used to bag on Joey.
Lightning78
3/24/2018 10:36pm
Ok so i had to take a neutral stance so my post didnt come off personal and i forgot about the girl at the restaurant.....seems people like to attack anyone critical of a riders performance so I prefer to contribute to the board and not spew a personal adjenda ya know? and it sounds like im not alone at looking at his actions with a raised eyebrow.

Carry on and thank you for reading my shory novel, sorry about that i tend to get a little too detailed sometimes ...well a wee bit more than sometimes lol.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/24/2018 11:42pm
But that can't be, DUNLOP tires always hook up great.
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
3/25/2018 12:09am
Somehow not a big fan of his, and don’t really know why. The “we” in interviews and how he never seems cheerful are part of it I’m sure. He was a funny interview with a lot of personality before he got on PC.

I think the mistakes while leading and apparent choking are going to reduce his perceived value as a 450 rider. Unless he can turn this year around, Dude is on the cusp of going backwards next year team wise, IMO.
hyler199
3/25/2018 12:49am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 12:50am
Ramrod wrote:
I don’t get the hate. I get it he’s not the most cheery guy. I like AC or Plessinger’s demeanour better. That pass by Osborne was...
I don’t get the hate. I get it he’s not the most cheery guy. I like AC or Plessinger’s demeanour better.

That pass by Osborne will go down in the record books as most legendary clinch for a title. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. I felt like I was riding on the back of Osbornes bike that whole race and I almost fist pumped thru the roof of my buddys house after that happened....so many high fives were going around and half the people werent even Osborne fans. So much heart in Osborne and not so much Savatgy
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
3/25/2018 5:16am
Ramrod wrote:
I don’t get the hate. I get it he’s not the most cheery guy. I like AC or Plessinger’s demeanour better. That pass by Osborne was...

hyler199 wrote:
That pass by Osborne will go down in the record books as most legendary clinch for a title. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it at...
That pass by Osborne will go down in the record books as most legendary clinch for a title. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. I felt like I was riding on the back of Osbornes bike that whole race and I almost fist pumped thru the roof of my buddys house after that happened....so many high fives were going around and half the people werent even Osborne fans. So much heart in Osborne and not so much Savatgy
I agree with everything you said there.

The pass was for the championship that seemed out of reach and then that come from behind ride, it was amazing.

Watching the gif of that pass over and over, it was knarly. Savatgy was owned. He must have nightmares about it.

toroP
3/25/2018 5:42am
Ramrod wrote:

Savatgy was so casual in that corner! No speed or urgency at all. Just parks it, waiting to get, well, parked.
3/25/2018 5:46am
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't like the guy either much. Just something about him. So when he gets shuffled back , I actually smile a bit. In fact...

This one here......

The more I watch that pass the more I appreciate how brilliantly brutal and effective it was, osbourne is a pit bull for sure, I always cheer for that guy
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
3/25/2018 5:52am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 5:54am
wacko zacko didn't need to hit him last yr. it was awesome and he could have done the same thing without blowing him up. but he shouldnt have been cruising either. so you get what you get.
I agree with everything else said.. somethings off in the race brain.

Moto Mofo
3/25/2018 5:57am
It’s hard to take someone seriously when their nickname is “Versace.”
3/25/2018 7:09am
wacko zacko didn't need to hit him last yr. it was awesome and he could have done the same thing without blowing him up. but he...
wacko zacko didn't need to hit him last yr. it was awesome and he could have done the same thing without blowing him up. but he shouldnt have been cruising either. so you get what you get.
I agree with everything else said.. somethings off in the race brain.

It was the last lap for a Championship... "Need," becomes somewhat debatable - take no chances. One of the best passes ever.
Mx286
3/25/2018 7:24am
bsharkey wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

This one here......

bsharkey wrote:
To be honest with you that whole Fiasco about the time all the PC guys went out to that restaurant and he treated that girl like...
To be honest with you that whole Fiasco about the time all the PC guys went out to that restaurant and he treated that girl like s*** soured my attitude towards him you should never think you're so cool that you can treat people like that ever since then I've hated the dude
He’s always been like that. Parked by him at Loretta’s one year. Putting it nicely he’s just one of those guys that’s fast and thinks he’s above other people. We would walk by his pit to get to the creek. The crew would give us that look like what are you doing going through here??
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/25/2018 7:46am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 7:48am
bsharkey wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

This one here......

bsharkey wrote:
To be honest with you that whole Fiasco about the time all the PC guys went out to that restaurant and he treated that girl like...
Isn’t it amazing how episodes like the restaurant dealio enfluences the fans. I never thought too much about Savatgy other than he was a good rider and improving over the years. Then I read about the waitress BS and I’ve disliked him ever since, even though I’ve never met the guy. That being said he does seem to crash a lot more than the other front runners
gt80rider
3/25/2018 9:13am
Dude has the speed, has the bike, and has the talent... But that pass last year in Vegas, that one was a spirit crusher....

jleews6
3/26/2018 6:39pm
Like most people I don't care for him. He will never say I got beat straight up. He always has a reason (excuse ) why. It has nothing to do with the fact that the other guy rode a great race. That pass Osborn put on him was well deserved. If you are racing for a championship and you let a guy catch you from dead last and pass you like that then you didn't deserve the championship.

Post a reply to: Someone Please Get Savagty A....

The Latest