Someone PLEASE interview Hannah regarding the Ferrandis/Craig crash.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2020 2:33 PM

I did not see Hannah's generation, but i think at least all the riders listed below would call it "racing" ;

Bradshaw, Matiasevich, Brooks, Brown, Hugues, Langston, Kiedrowski, Larocco, Emig, DV, Roncada, RV, JS7, etc.

Ferrandis totally overcooked the turn, made a mistake trying to pass too quickly to stay in a position to win, paid the price by causing a double crash, is now 12 points down instead of 8 or even more probably only 6 points down, is now on probation, with a target on his back. Sh.. happens sometimes, it is racing.
|

1/20/2020 2:47 PM

Hannah called:

“Why was CC in a position to get punted?.....that’s what I thought!”

|

1/20/2020 3:14 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Let’s see what he has to say versus all this “millennial crying games” crap.

I agree 100%. I’ve been watching SX since the Hannah days and Ferrandis’ tangle with Craig wasn’t anything extraordinary. What is extraordinary is all the crying and gnashing of teeth from the newer fans of the sport.

|

1/20/2020 3:26 PM

Motoxdoc wrote:

If DL didn’t do that maneuver he
#1 would have won the race easier...and
#2 would not have risked injuring himself or Christian.
What if Christian ended up like Jessie Nelson?
I can only guess what most professionals... or X professionals would say, as I am only one.

aFACEdismembered wrote:

Oh, you mean Craig all by himself high siding off a track barricade and lawn darting in to a rut head first?

That's what you mean right? Because I don't remember anyone taking Jessy out and causing his injuries. FFS

Motoxdoc wrote:

No, I wasn’t talking about what you described. I’m not sure of what the point is that you are trying to make but you surely seem angry. The gist of my 1st post was two points...if you are going to quote that post, you might as well address them....right?

I addressed something in your post. Who wrote the rule that I have to specifically address a numerical list that only makes up 2/5ths of your post because it's your main talking point? You wrote it. I'm bringing it up.

"What if Christian ended up like Jessie Nelson?"

What if? What does that have to do with the discussion at hand? Why use Jessy's paralysis as an example of what could go wrong? His injury had nothing to do with being taken out by another rider. Right?

What if 21 guys all got paralyzed in a first turn pile up from 1 guy not braking soon enough? Should we start doing single file starts to prevent the what if's now?

|

1/20/2020 3:55 PM

I’d like to see us return to the good old days where a move like Dylan’s would get a payback the following week. All this penalty shit does is mirror the sissified nation we’ve become. You see it in schools...when someone was a bully, they eventually got their ass kicked and it fixed the problem. No staff were needed. Now you have all the nanny bullshit and guess what? We have people who can’t solve anything without running to an authority. It appears moto has adopted that mentality as well.
Hannah, Bradshaw, and others would’ve just parked Dylan over a berm the following week. Problem solved.

|

1/20/2020 7:18 PM

This weeks episode of Stewie breaking down the race is going be EPIC!!!

|

1/20/2020 8:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2020 8:04 PM

aFACEdismembered wrote:

Oh, you mean Craig all by himself high siding off a track barricade and lawn darting in to a rut head first?

That's what you mean right? Because I don't remember anyone taking Jessy out and causing his injuries. FFS

Motoxdoc wrote:

No, I wasn’t talking about what you described. I’m not sure of what the point is that you are trying to make but you surely seem angry. The gist of my 1st post was two points...if you are going to quote that post, you might as well address them....right?

aFACEdismembered wrote:

I addressed something in your post. Who wrote the rule that I have to specifically address a numerical list that only makes up 2/5ths of your post because it's your main talking point? You wrote it. I'm bringing it up.

"What if Christian ended up like Jessie Nelson?"

What if? What does that have to do with the discussion at hand? Why use Jessy's paralysis as an example of what could go wrong? His injury had nothing to do with being taken out by another rider. Right?

What if 21 guys all got paralyzed in a first turn pile up from 1 guy not braking soon enough? Should we start doing single file starts to prevent the what if's now?

LOL. No! You didn't address any point I made in my 1st post; 3 comments and 1 question, and you missed them all....don't take it personally as I don't mean any malice with that comment.
Again, If DF didn’t do that maneuver he
#1 would have won the race easier...and
#2 would not have risked injuring himself or Christian.
What if Christian ended up seriously injured? (hint: that's a rhetorical question. No rule says you have to answer it).
If you let meaningless, differing opinions upset you as much as this appears to, you are going to have a hard time in life...and something tells me you have a long way to go.

|

1/20/2020 8:03 PM

Hannah would probably punch you in the face

|

1/20/2020 8:15 PM

ktmwoods wrote:

Just need to be patient and wait for the weekly James Stewart SX breakdown segment, that will give us all the best answer.

Lets hope he strays away from the 450 review to talk about the 250's this week.

|

1/20/2020 8:19 PM

Do you race, and what level? Just interested.

|

1/20/2020 8:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2020 8:58 PM

Ok, I just wonder about the disrespect for guys who raced in the 70’s? I was more in the 80’s and rode national level in Oz and also did ok when I raced in the States. We probably went a bit faster than most 70’s guys too (not all by a long shot) because of vast improvements in technology but for a real racer to dis a previous generation??

|

1/20/2020 8:58 PM

If you look at the picture you can tell DF did not mean to take him out. He tried to make the turn and slide into him.

And the unusual way their bikes hit caused one of them to fly in the air making it all look much worse than it was.

|

1/20/2020 9:03 PM

Now, this is purposely trying to taking someone out. MM does not even start to turn until the impact with ET causes his bike to turn.

|

1/20/2020 9:04 PM

Didn’t hurt me, just thought it was a strange comment from someone who has never raced at a decent level. You don’t think an RN500 with 50 horsepower and 12” travel goes fast? Educate yourself.

|

1/20/2020 9:12 PM

You wouldn’t know if your arse was on fire.

|

1/20/2020 9:39 PM

Your opinion is null and void, squid 🦑

|

1/20/2020 10:00 PM

So is your ignorance, good day sir

|

1/21/2020 2:25 AM

Should I start a new thread to discuss which is better, ignorant arrogance or arrogant ignorance, and how each has evolved through the 70's and 80's?

|

1/21/2020 3:14 AM

I’m just excited for a race where Craig is behind Ferrandis towards the end of a race. All the elements of a good drama.

|

1/21/2020 3:45 AM

Moto Norcal wrote:

Everything gets down to millenials and Priuses with this TeamGreen dude. He seems to be quite easily triggered!

He’s a ‘snow flake’ lol

|

1/21/2020 10:41 AM

You wonder what this guy thinks?

|

1/21/2020 10:45 AM

Yeah, I doubt Bob could give a damn...but I had to laugh when I read the thread title!

|

1/21/2020 3:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2020 3:46 PM

kpiper wrote:

Now, this is purposely trying to taking someone out. MM does not even start to turn until the impact with ET causes his bike to turn.

Debated over and over.

Question :

Context: you lead a race for 20 laps, where during 20 laps you took a more outside line in this particular corner (i don't remember exactly but let us say from the 1st to the 4th line).

Now you get passed and but still have half a lap to try to win (as well as to stay mathematically in this championship hunt with a couple rounds to go).

In this particular corner, you are close enough to try a block pass, or at least because the corner is so rutted, you have the opportunity to take one of the lines inside which could help you or to make a pass or to set up a pass in next lane(s) or corner(s).

What do you do ? Are you nostradamus and know that Tomac will take the most inside line and so you don't make any attempt, or are you sticking to the strategy to try to win ?

It was a race incident, nothing less, nothing more. Musquin was going for the 2nd line. It happens many many many times actually because it is close racing with almost everybody at the same speed, with more or less the same equipment, on technical and evolving tracks, where decisions are made in milli seconds. And that is one of the reasons we watch it, because the outcome is unpredictable.

|

1/21/2020 4:52 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Yeah, I doubt Bob could give a damn...but I had to laugh when I read the thread title!

Someone that TOTALLY "gets it".

Nice!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/21/2020 7:36 PM

Ryno's opinion is just as good as Hanna's if not better in my opinion.

|

1/21/2020 8:05 PM

The Council will accept the answer from The Ryno as proof that "the old school knows".

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/21/2020 8:14 PM

When kent Howerton slammed into Bob Hannah, Bob was extremely upset about it.
Then it was on.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba

1/21/2020 8:15 PM

and, Kent owned it.

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba

1/21/2020 8:28 PM

kpiper wrote:

Question wrote:

Debated over and over.

Question :

Context: you lead a race for 20 laps, where during 20 laps you took a more outside line in this particular corner (i don't remember exactly but let us say from the 1st to the 4th line).

Now you get passed and but still have half a lap to try to win (as well as to stay mathematically in this championship hunt with a couple rounds to go).

In this particular corner, you are close enough to try a block pass, or at least because the corner is so rutted, you have the opportunity to take one of the lines inside which could help you or to make a pass or to set up a pass in next lane(s) or corner(s).

What do you do ? Are you nostradamus and know that Tomac will take the most inside line and so you don't make any attempt, or are you sticking to the strategy to try to win ?

It was a race incident, nothing less, nothing more. Musquin was going for the 2nd line. It happens many many many times actually because it is close racing with almost everybody at the same speed, with more or less the same equipment, on technical and evolving tracks, where decisions are made in milli seconds. And that is one of the reasons we watch it, because the outcome is unpredictable.

Agreed. Marvin actually was stopping on time to leave Eli a couple of ruts. Eli turned down though. Marvin has a pretty lengthy history of IMO dirty moves though, and Eli races as clean as anyone I can think of.
|

1/21/2020 8:36 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Let’s see what he has to say versus all this “millennial crying games” crap.

Your thread is interesting because Bob didn't like Kent riding aggressive, got very mad about it, and returned the favor. Kent didn't blink.

|