Somebody heard, somebody did something, thank you!

Tonight was special. I watched a broadcast of the incredible sport of supercross without cringing multiple times, without using the mute button, without using fast forward, and without wanting to gouge my eyes out everytime a certain millennial lumberjack showed up on screen. I had lost all hope before this, a sense of relief has washed over me now.
|
brettmx
4/24/2021 10:06pm
The one thing the producer needs to do is turn down the racing volume when they go remote. You can't hear what is being said.
ShawdowGlen
4/25/2021 9:40am
Oh....I still muted Will. I can't take her anymore.

...but yeah, it was good broadcast. Just too bad about the cookie cutter tracks for the last two races. Especially after how awesome Atlanta was.
Nairb#70
4/25/2021 9:46am
Tonight was special. I watched a broadcast of the incredible sport of supercross without cringing multiple times, without using the mute button, without using fast forward...
Tonight was special. I watched a broadcast of the incredible sport of supercross without cringing multiple times, without using the mute button, without using fast forward, and without wanting to gouge my eyes out everytime a certain millennial lumberjack showed up on screen. I had lost all hope before this, a sense of relief has washed over me now.
Millenial Lumberjack!! Priceless.Grinning
gt80rider
4/25/2021 10:08am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 10:08am
Tonight was special. I watched a broadcast of the incredible sport of supercross without cringing multiple times, without using the mute button, without using fast forward...
Announcing - A

Track - C-

The Shop

plowboy
4/25/2021 10:19am
I'd like to see an SX (or MX for that matter) held entirely on a beach somewhere.
4/25/2021 10:22am
I get that the track looked tight and lap times were back down under 50sec, but thought the racing in both classes was exciting because of the track. Technical which led to some mistakes and lots of Lappers to navigate but still some good passing opportunities.

Agreed on all fronts with the OP on the broadcast, best it’s been all year, even with Rickys flubs which are kind of entertaining anyway.
4/25/2021 10:45am
Oh....I still muted Will. I can't take her anymore. ...but yeah, it was good broadcast. Just too bad about the cookie cutter tracks for the last...

...but yeah, it was good broadcast. Just too bad about the cookie cutter tracks for the last two races. Especially after how awesome Atlanta was.
Agreed. Nothing personal against her, she seems like a nice person and tries hard, but her segments are pointless and her voice is just difficult to listen to. That position just needs to be cut, they don't need to replace her.
TY838
4/25/2021 11:19am
Going to J-bone for the pit commentary was a small change but really good. He's got a calm, informative voice and has that name recognition in the sport which just felt better to listen to. Said his piece and was done. So much better not having some wacky FM DJ type giving us insider race updates.
motorick5052
4/25/2021 11:29am
Agreed! Absolutely the BEST broadcast this year!

One can always find something to complain about if thats your interest BUT I’m thankful SX is on to watch, and thankful they put another actual racer in the booth!

Daniel was calling out first turn action in real time, correctly naming racers etc, pointing out subtle nuances, such as how and why Jett Lawrence gapped immediately with a crisp perfectly timed shift, putting us in the action as it was happening, not later with a poorly timed replay!
Daniel also kept setting RC up to jump in with his insight perfectly too! The booth commentary was smooth and insightful for the first time this season with no break in flow to answer a dumb question or explain some inane issue! Tremendous job Daniel Blair!

While its true that maybe RC isn’t quite as polished as he might have been if he’d skipped becoming the greatest of all time, gone to school and got a degree to be a broadcaster, I can’t help but enjoy his excitement and enthusiasm when something happens on the track and he breaks into an emotional response, EXACTLY the same way I do when I see it happening!
RC is a racer through and through to his core, and he is trying really hard to do a first class job as a broadcaster too, I can easily overlook his occasional mispronounced word or other minor error to have his exuberance and experience as part of my SX viewing!
The same can be said for Jeremy Albrecht too!
He will get more polished as a broadcaster with time and practice BUT even if its never as perfect as a formally trained person, I’ll take his ACTUAL in the trenches pro mechanic experience and insight over a perfectly polished delivery from a guy that could NOT tell a two-stroke from a
four-stroke any day!

Salt Lake one was the most enjoyable SX race on TV this year and the first one I didn’t mute or FF at some point!
Great job DB, RC & J-Bone! More of this please!
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
4/25/2021 11:41am
If He took the lead though, I’m just telling you. I’m going to set straight😂 RC delivers every show lol. i think/hope he is pressured to bump up the drama about the titles. Um they are over. More db and jb. J bone too. All around a better show. I hate saying it but will brings nothing to the broadcast.
ShawdowGlen
4/25/2021 11:55am
Oh....I still muted Will. I can't take her anymore. ...but yeah, it was good broadcast. Just too bad about the cookie cutter tracks for the last...

Agreed. Nothing personal against her, she seems like a nice person and tries hard, but her segments are pointless and her voice is just difficult to...
Agreed. Nothing personal against her, she seems like a nice person and tries hard, but her segments are pointless and her voice is just difficult to listen to. That position just needs to be cut, they don't need to replace her.
Yeah...I am harsh on her. She may be a nice person....but she's always come across as "forced corporate". Kinda like an Airline stewardess (can you still say that sexist term lol)....with the smile and wave as you get off the plane.
The screeching voice though.... the mask just makes it worse.

Jenny Taft had a natural rapport with the riders...even when the cameras were not rolling. Ashley Reynard seems to have those qualities too.
TY838
4/25/2021 12:12pm

Agreed. Nothing personal against her, she seems like a nice person and tries hard, but her segments are pointless and her voice is just difficult to...
Yeah...I am harsh on her. She may be a nice person....but she's always come across as "forced corporate". Kinda like an Airline stewardess (can you still...
Yeah...I am harsh on her. She may be a nice person....but she's always come across as "forced corporate". Kinda like an Airline stewardess (can you still say that sexist term lol)....with the smile and wave as you get off the plane.
The screeching voice though.... the mask just makes it worse.

Jenny Taft had a natural rapport with the riders...even when the cameras were not rolling. Ashley Reynard seems to have those qualities too.
I understand that television coverage, i.e. their money, is needed in the sport and the networks are all about that elusive "casual fanbase" who don't know or give a rip about former riders or industry insiders. I know most of us on this forum would prefer former riders doing the commentary. The addition of J-bone was really good. Danial Blair is always good and I thought Brayton was great on the RDL broadcast. Hopefully the TV folks will get more onboard with giving those guys a chance. I get that not all former racers and mechanics have dynamic tv personalities but if they continue to look in that direction they will find good ones. I enjoy the ladies as much as anyone but when it comes to my racing coverage, personally, I don't need a gal with some euro accent to enhance my race day experience.
Bultaco
4/25/2021 1:25pm
It was a good broadcast. Better than any I've watched in years. The crew of Blair, RC, J-bone, and Will seemed as though the producer said to cover the race as though the viewers were knowledgeable fans. (which we are) As opposed to the previous years of being treated as though we are dumber than a stick.

Hats off to the crew, on or behind the camera that let this happen. Blair and J-bone were the standouts!
peltier626
4/25/2021 2:29pm
Agreed! Thank you to whomever made these decisions.

Post a reply to: Somebody heard, somebody did something, thank you!

The Latest