Some of you guys are ridiculous

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
Pissed about Savatgy moving over, which didn’t change the overall winner at all and actually dropped Savatgy’s overall finish one position. All it did was raise Eli’s payout.

But so many of you didn’t have any issue with Marv moving over twice for Dungey, which changed the outcome of not only two separate races, but the championship as well.

Guess it’s ok when it helps your rider out, but not when it’s not your rider and doesn’t change the overall winner, only the payout?

Edit: oh and it helped a fan win a million bucks as well.. what a bad decisions on Savatgy’s part... /sarcasm
|
KB221
10/13/2018 10:39pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Pissed about Savatgy moving over, which didn’t change the overall winner at all and actually dropped Savatgy’s overall finish one position. All it did was raise...
Pissed about Savatgy moving over, which didn’t change the overall winner at all and actually dropped Savatgy’s overall finish one position. All it did was raise Eli’s payout.

But so many of you didn’t have any issue with Marv moving over twice for Dungey, which changed the outcome of not only two separate races, but the championship as well.

Guess it’s ok when it helps your rider out, but not when it’s not your rider and doesn’t change the overall winner, only the payout?

Edit: oh and it helped a fan win a million bucks as well.. what a bad decisions on Savatgy’s part... /sarcasm
X2
milliebays
10/13/2018 10:42pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Pissed about Savatgy moving over, which didn’t change the overall winner at all and actually dropped Savatgy’s overall finish one position. All it did was raise...

its good to see someone can put their feels aside and process the nuance of the situation.
joshflo
10/13/2018 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2018 10:47pm
I’m convinced dungey/marvin fans are the liberals of mx

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
10/13/2018 10:45pm
I was thinking the opposite, so many people said they lost respect for Dunge/Marvin/KTM. Do they no longer respect team Kawi? It's all fair game, if Joey wants to pull over for Eli then no issues as far as I'm concerned. My only question, does Eli give Joey some of the winnings?!
joshflo
10/13/2018 10:45pm
Keep the down votes coming I love the salt
milliebays
10/13/2018 10:46pm
joshflo wrote:
LOL.

it IS the apple/modern Porsche of MX for sure. without a doubt.
BikerScars
10/13/2018 10:47pm

Only thin MM did wrong was making it obvious when pulling over.
(And jumping into RDs line for a sketch pass, when RD and ET are only ones in last two rounds of title fight)

Only thing Joey did wrong was waving his arms to tell the world he is letting ET buy.
JM485
10/13/2018 10:47pm
All good in a race like this as far as I’m concerned, nothing but good came from that. Maybe don’t do it so obviously though. . .
10/13/2018 10:48pm
I thought some of shit here after last weekend was pretty out there.. boy was I wrong.
calcoast
10/13/2018 10:49pm
joshflo wrote:
milliebays wrote:
LOL.

it IS the apple/modern Porsche of MX for sure. without a doubt.
I always thought of KTMs as the BMWs of moto. Pricey, lots of bells and whistles, but not as dependable and the Japanese brands.
10/13/2018 10:50pm
IDK why everyone is getting worked up over this. On the flipside, Joey would have looked like a HUGE dick if he had won by a hair and robbed Eli's and some poor fan's chance of a mil. It's an off season race. FFS.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/13/2018 10:51pm
JM485 wrote:
All good in a race like this as far as I’m concerned, nothing but good came from that. Maybe don’t do it so obviously though....
All good in a race like this as far as I’m concerned, nothing but good came from that. Maybe don’t do it so obviously though. . .
One off race and the overall was already set for Eli. Just put some extra money in Eli’s wallet and a huge chunk in a fans wallet. No harm done the way I see it
milliebays
10/13/2018 10:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2018 10:55pm
IDK why everyone is getting worked up over this. On the flipside, Joey would have looked like a HUGE dick if he had won by a...
IDK why everyone is getting worked up over this. On the flipside, Joey would have looked like a HUGE dick if he had won by a hair and robbed Eli's and some poor fan's chance of a mil. It's an off season race. FFS.
this. actually like him more now.

and it gives him bargaining chips with kawi.

one smart thing jeff and ralph did point out was that he's on a one year deal.
mws02
10/13/2018 10:54pm
IDK why everyone is getting worked up over this. On the flipside, Joey would have looked like a HUGE dick if he had won by a...
Couldn’t agree more
KB221
10/13/2018 10:56pm
mws02 wrote:
Couldn’t agree more
I think the point is, why wave your hands like a chicken? Eli had the speed just let him by you idiot. He was gonna pass you anyway.
gnarwhip
10/13/2018 10:59pm
Very true. Marv moving over for Dungey was worth way more than a million for Dungey. And Tomac would’ve passed Joey anyway he was hauling ass.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
10/13/2018 11:06pm
mws02 wrote:
Couldn’t agree more
KB221 wrote:
I think the point is, why wave your hands like a chicken? Eli had the speed just let him by you idiot. He was gonna pass...
I think the point is, why wave your hands like a chicken? Eli had the speed just let him by you idiot. He was gonna pass you anyway.
I would guess that it's a combination of wanting his new teammate and employer to know he's a team player along with having a not too distant memory of getting taken the hell out two turns from the finish and not wanting to repeat that.
NorCal 50+
10/13/2018 11:10pm
I disagree because team tactics are more acceptable over a season for one result, then over a 10 lap race with a thin field. Everybody knows Dungey earned that title. And everybody knows that handing a rider a million over a fixed race from his own employer is stinky.
dkg
10/13/2018 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2018 11:15pm
Not a fan of anything that looks like fixing the outcome. In this case I am glad the fan benefitted. On the other hand, with Tomac’s comments about the incident with Marvin, I wonder how he feels about keeping the purse.

P.S. Tomac IMHO had a good probability of winning without the fix. But we’ll never know. To that extent everyone got cheated.
joshflo
10/13/2018 11:14pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I disagree because team tactics are more acceptable over a season for one result, then over a 10 lap race with a thin field. Everybody knows...
I disagree because team tactics are more acceptable over a season for one result, then over a 10 lap race with a thin field. Everybody knows Dungey earned that title. And everybody knows that handing a rider a million over a fixed race from his own employer is stinky.
So it’s worse to pull over when the only thing that changes is how much money will be given away vs pulling over to give a points cushion to your teammate that’s been getting his ass whooped all season? Hmm
bvm111
10/13/2018 11:23pm
Just curious .... have any of you tried shell rotella before? Curious if it can be used in a motorcycle without issue?
jeffro503
10/13/2018 11:25pm
I might of complained , if it wasn't for that kid that won the million bucks because of it. Not a big Joey fan , but letting Eli by , gave him and that kid a big payday. I'm also not to sure Eli wouldn't have got him anyways before the checker's?? he was hauling ass! So there's that.
Keith72
10/13/2018 11:26pm
seth505 wrote:
I was thinking the opposite, so many people said they lost respect for Dunge/Marvin/KTM. Do they no longer respect team Kawi? It's all fair game, if...
I was thinking the opposite, so many people said they lost respect for Dunge/Marvin/KTM. Do they no longer respect team Kawi? It's all fair game, if Joey wants to pull over for Eli then no issues as far as I'm concerned. My only question, does Eli give Joey some of the winnings?!
Does the fan give Joey some of the winnings?
kijen
10/14/2018 9:07am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 9:09am
Agree, with how everything went down, except calling it a race,

This aint nothing now that sports gambling is legal.
GoldenKTM
10/14/2018 9:11am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

I would say at least 50% of vital posters, probably more, were pissed about Marvin moving over for Ryan. And more were mad about Marvin than are mad about Joe. Not sure I agree with you bud.
philG
10/14/2018 9:57am
kijen wrote:
Agree, with how everything went down, except calling it a race,

This aint nothing now that sports gambling is legal.
It was a great race right up to the point where it wasnt,
dirtmike86
10/14/2018 10:23am
seth505 wrote:
I was thinking the opposite, so many people said they lost respect for Dunge/Marvin/KTM. Do they no longer respect team Kawi? It's all fair game, if...
Shhhhhh keep it down bro.
Ozy
10/14/2018 10:24am
GuyB needs to start another board and call it "Woman's Auxiliary Discussion Board"

I swear sometime when I read this board I think I'm watching an old ladies sewing circle :D

So much for Moto being an alpha male sport

D'oh!
10/15/2018 6:30am
FFS it’s for a MILLION DOLLARS, no points and just an off-season race, but most of all a random fan also won!

Post a reply to: Some of you guys are ridiculous

The Latest