Sold the bike, and hung up the boots.

731chopper
Fantasy
390th
1/6/2017 12:32pm
I did a little shopping last night. Can definitely get into vintage inexpensively. Looks like a blast.
I can't speak for your area because I don't know it but down here in Texas, vintage motocross is a ton of fun. It is racing for the fun of it. It isn't an exhibition of ego or who can cheat death the most, it is about racing older dirt bikes on motocross tracks because it is fun.

To the troll that asked if VMX is often talked about as being fun because our sport was more fun back in those times, I think there is something to that. I'll try to stay off the soap box but I know so many people that have stopped racing motocross over the last 10 years because "it has gotten too dangerous". There is danger anytime you ride a motorcycle and start jumping it, especially off-road with changing conditions but I think modern amateur tracks turn more people away from riding than they realize.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1084th
1/6/2017 12:48pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/05/167383/s1200_20161222_114613.jpg[/img] One more of this and I am done too.

One more of this and I am done too.
By the looks of it, one more of those and you'll need someone else to wipe your ass. Laughing
1/6/2017 12:49pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Cant fathom the thought of being without a bike. Mine being broke down stresses me out. I would think i would tour the country on a...
Cant fathom the thought of being without a bike. Mine being broke down stresses me out. I would think i would tour the country on a naked sport bike of some sort if i had to quit moto. Till then im going to enjoy everything with 2 wheels and a motor till it kills me. Good luck
I've been riding and racing since I was 4. Worked for Ducati, then Harley. Ran my own shop. Built some cool bikes, for cool people. Etc. Motorcycles have been my life. Part of me wishes I wasn't so involved so I could have enjoyed it more, but oh well. I had good times. Just gotta switch it up some times.
I took my step sons bike to the bmx track the other day and it was like being a kid again. So much fun. I hadn't felt that in moto in a long time. That's when I knew it was time to move on.
I am stoked that my last race was was a podium spot though haha.

The Shop

mark_swart
1/6/2017 2:17pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Cant fathom the thought of being without a bike. Mine being broke down stresses me out. I would think i would tour the country on a...
Cant fathom the thought of being without a bike. Mine being broke down stresses me out. I would think i would tour the country on a naked sport bike of some sort if i had to quit moto. Till then im going to enjoy everything with 2 wheels and a motor till it kills me. Good luck
I've been riding and racing since I was 4. Worked for Ducati, then Harley. Ran my own shop. Built some cool bikes, for cool people. Etc...
I've been riding and racing since I was 4. Worked for Ducati, then Harley. Ran my own shop. Built some cool bikes, for cool people. Etc. Motorcycles have been my life. Part of me wishes I wasn't so involved so I could have enjoyed it more, but oh well. I had good times. Just gotta switch it up some times.
I took my step sons bike to the bmx track the other day and it was like being a kid again. So much fun. I hadn't felt that in moto in a long time. That's when I knew it was time to move on.

Haha dude you already know where the track is!! Come out on the 14th and check out the vintage scene - they tame down the layout for vintage, it's mostly on the far side. If you can make it, find me #56 and I'll introduce you to some folks and you can check out the different classes of bikes!! I think the classes for 80s and 90s bikes will continue to grow in the coming years.
1/6/2017 5:08pm
Acidreamer wrote:
I've been riding and racing since I was 4. Worked for Ducati, then Harley. Ran my own shop. Built some cool bikes, for cool people. Etc...

mark_swart wrote:
Haha dude you already know where the track is!! Come out on the 14th and check out the vintage scene - they tame down the layout...
Haha dude you already know where the track is!! Come out on the 14th and check out the vintage scene - they tame down the layout for vintage, it's mostly on the far side. If you can make it, find me #56 and I'll introduce you to some folks and you can check out the different classes of bikes!! I think the classes for 80s and 90s bikes will continue to grow in the coming years.
I'll try to make it out for that.

Post a reply to: Sold the bike, and hung up the boots.

The Latest