Softest boots available?

RPM68
10/26/2016 9:31am
steed 2.0 wrote:
[img]https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/sidi-adds-new-crossfire-3-srs-boots_4.jpg[/img]
X1,000,000
a22
10/26/2016 11:20am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2016 11:22am

Not sure how soft these are but think they maybe MX boots for ladies, think though some men have also been seen racing with them.

10/26/2016 11:21am
loftyair wrote:
Pro gp, leather gloves for your feet!
Thanks for the information everyone. I had to google "Pro GP"... and found that they were "High Point" boots! I used to wear these as a...
Thanks for the information everyone.

I had to google "Pro GP"... and found that they were "High Point" boots! I used to wear these as a child! I am so tempted to buy them - pure leather, none of this hi-tech plastic crap! lol leather gloves

Falcon, you are right, my new boots need to be broken in. I may have to pay someone minimum wage to walk around in them for a few days - I literally can't ride in them. I didn't know Thor were cheap boots because I didn't check out the price of Gaerne first! :^)

BTW, my older brothers used to ride an '82 RM80Z like in your avatar. That is one of my earliest memories.

Anyone remember these Scott boots? I have never seen them in person but I read about them 1980's-era Dirt Bike magazine.

Wandell wrote:
Yep! I remember them as a kid and thought they were the coolest boot ever! And they were, in 1980. I borrowed a pair and tried...
Yep! I remember them as a kid and thought they were the coolest boot ever! And they were, in 1980. I borrowed a pair and tried them. I couldn't feel anything! Not the shifter, not the brake or even the pegs! Funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same. In 2016, everyone seems to like a rigid boot with a very controlled ankle range of motion, just like the old Scott boots! The knock on the Scott boots were that the range of ankle motion was so limited, the knee was the next thing to give way. And we all know how common knee injuries are in motocross today.
They are still the coolest boot ever - or weren't they used in Mad Max movies?

a22
10/26/2016 12:04pm
ffbikersa wrote:
They are still the coolest boot ever - or weren't they used in Mad Max movies? [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/52/bd/79/52bd799d70d6e365f0cb97314fa25b14.jpg[/img]

They may have been the Alpinestar ones, the ones with the distinctive shiny metal shields....
The Scott ones look abit more 'RoboCop' to me!

The Shop

10/26/2016 12:27pm
ffbikersa wrote:
They are still the coolest boot ever - or weren't they used in Mad Max movies? [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/52/bd/79/52bd799d70d6e365f0cb97314fa25b14.jpg[/img]

a22 wrote:
They may have been the Alpinestar ones, the ones with the distinctive shiny metal shields....
The Scott ones look abit more 'RoboCop' to me!
Yes these were Alpinestar Hi-Points, now sold under the Super Victory name

Post a reply to: Softest boots available?

The Latest