Softest boots available?

Edited Date/Time 9/7/2014 4:38pm
I finally had to say goodbye to my trusty old Fox boots.

I bought some new Thor Blitz women boots and I cannot ride a motorcycle in them.

They are too stiff to use the rear brake. Shifting gears is out of the question. I moved the gear shifter up a notch to try to fit my boot under there and it helped a little but I now knock it into neutral way too often. I am now limited to arenacross where I can ride all evening in second gear. I may take my gear shifter off to save some weight. :^)

Any suggestions on the softest, most flexible boots available?

|
9/6/2014 3:43pm
Rubber boots :D ,

JK offcourse , iff you have the dough , Gearne SG 12 they r soft and flexible from the get go.
a little less budget TCX 2.1 pro
xc200
9/6/2014 3:47pm
I bought my wife some tcx pro 2.1 in boys sizing. Pretty nice boots. Torsion system that is similar to hinged boots, so there pretty flexible in the ankles!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
9/6/2014 3:47pm
I used to wear my new boots around the house and do squats as often as possible. They'll loosen up a bit after a couple of rides/washes.

Alternatively...Tongue

The Shop

Spartacus
9/6/2014 6:24pm
Didn't you get the memo? If you don't ride in a boot that's the equivalent to a tall alpine ski boot, your ankle will explode getting out of your truck.
newmann
9/6/2014 6:53pm
I currently have some SG12's and a set of Fox Instincts. Out of the box, the Fox boots fit better in the ankle area than any boots I've ever had (Tech 8's mostly). Do yourself a favor and find some to try on before you buy something else. They fit my big ass calves nicely too!
Brtp4
9/6/2014 7:46pm
Tech 7s are probably the softest.
9/6/2014 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2014 7:58pm
i have now tried most of the high end boots on the market.......I will finish out my riding days in mid level tech 7s. So far they have been the only ones that are nearly instantly broken in yet support very well. And super comfortable too!
fiveseven
9/7/2014 8:59am
those cheap fox boots. Supersoft. Could not ride with them.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
9/7/2014 9:06am
Gaerne, imo. Lots of flex in the right areas without sacrificing protection.
loftyair
9/7/2014 9:44am
Pro gp, leather gloves for your feet!
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/7/2014 1:28pm
Stephanie, I don't mean to sound demeaning, but have you broken in the new boots? Especially with cheaper boots, you will often need to ride in them for several hours before they loosen up enough to grab shifts and use the rear brake. You may just be noticing the difference between your clapped out old boots and the new ones.
9/7/2014 4:10pm
loftyair wrote:
Thanks for the information everyone.

I had to google "Pro GP"... and found that they were "High Point" boots! I used to wear these as a child! I am so tempted to buy them - pure leather, none of this hi-tech plastic crap! lol leather gloves

Falcon, you are right, my new boots need to be broken in. I may have to pay someone minimum wage to walk around in them for a few days - I literally can't ride in them. I didn't know Thor were cheap boots because I didn't check out the price of Gaerne first! :^)

BTW, my older brothers used to ride an '82 RM80Z like in your avatar. That is one of my earliest memories.

Anyone remember these Scott boots? I have never seen them in person but I read about them 1980's-era Dirt Bike magazine.

loftyair
9/7/2014 4:38pm
I remember them, being terrible! haha. They like 'never' broke in. Yep, hi point boots, had a pair couple years ago, love them!
10/26/2016 6:05am
loftyair wrote:
I remember them, being terrible! haha. They like 'never' broke in. Yep, hi point boots, had a pair couple years ago, love them!
These boots are still being made by the Alpinestars, the original manufacturer - only now being called Super Victory. Google "Alpinestars & Super Victory2 (or alternatively, Supervictory as a single word".

BTW, does anyone know where to get the plastic replacement straps for ORIGINAL Hi point boots???
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
10/26/2016 7:19am
It saddens me that my Jett's are starting to wear out. Can't believe the best boot I've used is no longer made in the states. Guess I'll be looking for something new and heavier next year Sad
10/26/2016 7:22am
If your just looking for the softest ready to ride boot it's the Fox Instinct. I wear the sidi's and there great but I used to wear Fox and by far the softest boot out of the box
GregDVT
10/26/2016 7:24am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Gaerne gx-1 200 bucks and hold up great!
I second this. broke in easy but haven't gotten flimsy. The innersole likes to slide in the boot sometimes though, which could be fixed with some spray on adhesive.
Wandell
10/26/2016 7:33am
loftyair wrote:
Thanks for the information everyone. I had to google "Pro GP"... and found that they were "High Point" boots! I used to wear these as a...
Thanks for the information everyone.

I had to google "Pro GP"... and found that they were "High Point" boots! I used to wear these as a child! I am so tempted to buy them - pure leather, none of this hi-tech plastic crap! lol leather gloves

Falcon, you are right, my new boots need to be broken in. I may have to pay someone minimum wage to walk around in them for a few days - I literally can't ride in them. I didn't know Thor were cheap boots because I didn't check out the price of Gaerne first! :^)

BTW, my older brothers used to ride an '82 RM80Z like in your avatar. That is one of my earliest memories.

Anyone remember these Scott boots? I have never seen them in person but I read about them 1980's-era Dirt Bike magazine.

Yep! I remember them as a kid and thought they were the coolest boot ever! And they were, in 1980. I borrowed a pair and tried them. I couldn't feel anything! Not the shifter, not the brake or even the pegs! Funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same. In 2016, everyone seems to like a rigid boot with a very controlled ankle range of motion, just like the old Scott boots! The knock on the Scott boots were that the range of ankle motion was so limited, the knee was the next thing to give way. And we all know how common knee injuries are in motocross today.
Pirate421
10/26/2016 7:49am
I just started a thread this morning about TCX 2.1s I just bought. They are stiff but supportive. Only problem I have with them is why seem to run small and the inner boot is sort of a pita and may add to the smaller fit.
IWreckALot
10/26/2016 8:01am
newmann wrote:
I currently have some SG12's and a set of Fox Instincts. Out of the box, the Fox boots fit better in the ankle area than any...
I currently have some SG12's and a set of Fox Instincts. Out of the box, the Fox boots fit better in the ankle area than any boots I've ever had (Tech 8's mostly). Do yourself a favor and find some to try on before you buy something else. They fit my big ass calves nicely too!
You got pictures of those calves? Stephanie would like to see.
Bramlett321
10/26/2016 8:27am
Stephanie go to btosports.com and look up the Fox Instinct boot, they have a few on clearance and I think there's an LE boot that is pink/blue if you like that look. These boots can be worn without socks they're so comfortable and flexible.
Prntscrn
10/26/2016 8:30am
steed 2.0 wrote:
[img]https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/sidi-adds-new-crossfire-3-srs-boots_4.jpg[/img]
ainec
10/26/2016 8:44am
IWreckALot wrote:
You got pictures of those calves? Stephanie would like to see.
I had nearly forgotten about Vital!

Suddenly this morning there were a bunch of emails in my Inbox about replies to one of my threads and Green PM'ed me and told me that bronwyn and her man got married!

I haven't been on here in way over a year. I was spending 2 or 3 hours per night trying to precisely word responses to Woody's posts, so I had to quit cold turkey. Time = money! And I launched a tire importing business in addition to the firewood racket I was doing before so there's even less free time now than before.

And with the crazy election happening down there, I can imagine how much time I would spend on here, telling it like it is.

I miss you guys!

rrjr
10/26/2016 8:48am
Madmax31 wrote:
It saddens me that my Jett's are starting to wear out. Can't believe the best boot I've used is no longer made in the states. Guess...
It saddens me that my Jett's are starting to wear out. Can't believe the best boot I've used is no longer made in the states. Guess I'll be looking for something new and heavier next year Sad
X2 on Jett Boots. When I found out they weren't being sold in the US any longer I bought 2 new sets.

Post a reply to: Softest boots available?

The Latest