Socal 2018 RMZ450, should I pay 7500+ OTD?

Hello everyone, I stay here in socal and have been hunting a 2018 RMZ450 for a good price out the door (6500-6900), am I being unrealistic with this price range? I feel with the 2019 being out and the 2020 model being 5 months out, I should be able to get a leftover RMZ at this price range. However, dealerships around me want 7500 at the very minimum. At one point, I was offered the bike at 6800 and some change out the door, November 2018, I regret not pulling the trigger at that time because now motorcycle shops will not budge near that price point (I didnt pull the trigger @6800 because I wasnt very committed at the time). There are a total of twenty five 2018 RMZ450s left in California, with many dealerships carrying one in stock. Do you believe I can find a similar deal, 6800-7000 OTD, for a 2019 in November 2019? I just dont see it feasible to spend 7500$ on a bike that will be a 2 yr old model in 5 months. I'm leaning towards the Suzuki because the looks won me over and I dont mind still riding around with a kickstarter, I actually think having a kickstarter is better than electric start. So, what do you guys think? I'm sick of going to these dealerships in socal that advertise the bike at 5300 or 5600 and come up with 8800 OTD or 7800 OTD lol, it makes me want to just buy a used 2002-2007 cr250 off craigslist and call it a day. The freight, set up, and crazy fees are ridiculous on these bikes!! Sorry if this is too long lol, trying to get back from an 8 yr hiatus of not riding. (2003 cr250, 2001 cr250, 1989 cr250) If you're wondering on my experience level - beginner/ weekend warrior that would like to putt around the desert.
|
Ted722
4/16/2019 7:30pm
I would get the bike you want and be happy. Paid $7,500 OTD a year ago for my '18 and would do it again.
Speeder757
4/16/2019 10:38pm
Hell no.... Look on Cycle Trader and shop around
Dave_Azadi
4/17/2019 12:04am
Road trip up to Oregon, you can get them under 6k out the door
4/17/2019 12:05am
They were giving them away 12 months ago $5800otd

The Shop

4/17/2019 12:18am
Ted722 wrote:
I would get the bike you want and be happy. Paid $7,500 OTD a year ago for my '18 and would do it again.
Thank you for your reply. There are quite a few still out there, so I'm hoping that supply and demand works in my favor. These dealerships have my number and I strongly doubt there will be people paying 7500 at this point. They will have to take a loss sooner than later.
4/17/2019 12:19am
Speeder757 wrote:
Hell no.... Look on Cycle Trader and shop around
Thank you. I have been checking that site religiously but they all list them from 5400-5800 and tack on 1800 to 3k in fees.
4/17/2019 12:22am
109 wrote:
Very hard to believe! I noticed you are also from socal but care to specify what motorcycle shop? I've noticed alot of "Del Amo" stores in southern California post low prices but add some serious adm and dealer fees.
crowe176
4/17/2019 3:40am
Babbitts has 19’s for $6700
2stroked
4/17/2019 7:23am
I realize the dealerships need to turn a profit. Im fine with that. However some of the dealerships in socal are outrageous. Berts mega mall is notorious for the highest markups. Chaparral is almost as bad. A new YZ450FX at berts is over $12K out the door. Chap is just a little cheaper.

A coworker bought a KTM 500 dualsport from Berts last month and paid over $14k by the time they added up the tax, title, licensing fee's, and all markups.

The days of moto being an affordable sport for the working man are gone.
4/17/2019 4:15pm
2stroked wrote:
I realize the dealerships need to turn a profit. Im fine with that. However some of the dealerships in socal are outrageous. Berts mega mall is...
I realize the dealerships need to turn a profit. Im fine with that. However some of the dealerships in socal are outrageous. Berts mega mall is notorious for the highest markups. Chaparral is almost as bad. A new YZ450FX at berts is over $12K out the door. Chap is just a little cheaper.

A coworker bought a KTM 500 dualsport from Berts last month and paid over $14k by the time they added up the tax, title, licensing fee's, and all markups.

That's the shop I went to last Sunday, Bert's Mega Mall. I was asking for an OTD price but they wouldnt give it to me unless I was very serious but I told them I didnt want to pay more than 6800. Well, I fill out the personal information paperwork and they come back with 8800...lol. I had already done my research and had NEVER been quoted that high. After I showed them an email of a dealership going 7600 otd, then they were willing to sell it at that price to be competitive. Let me tell you, dealerships keep talking about incentives and that it is ONLY 700 more than what I'm looking to pay but what are they going to do when they have a 2018 and the 2020 model comes out with electric start? The bike will be somewhat ancient. They tried convincing me that they wouldnt sell for a price lower than that but wait till it keeps sitting there another year... by the way, Many say it has only sat there for 60 days or 90 days Lol. I'll keep you guys updated but if it is due to incentives, I am in no rush and willing to wait until November or one of them calls me asking if I'm still interested. I tried explaining that, the Suzuki isnt sought after, kickstart, places last in 450f shoot outs, and resale value. Look, I hate to be that guy but it is the truth. I have a feeling that by June they will drop them to 5k and sell them in mid to high 6k. If not, they will be sitting at the 7.5k plus price range.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
4/17/2019 4:22pm
i bet if you were ready with 7k in hand you could walk out with one.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
4/17/2019 4:37pm
soggy wrote:
I have to talk to dealerships (car, rv, mc, etc.) pretty regularly at work. Most could not care less if youre paying cash
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/17/2019 4:39pm
2stroked wrote:
I realize the dealerships need to turn a profit. Im fine with that. However some of the dealerships in socal are outrageous. Berts mega mall is...

That's the shop I went to last Sunday, Bert's Mega Mall. I was asking for an OTD price but they wouldnt give it to me unless...
That's the shop I went to last Sunday, Bert's Mega Mall. I was asking for an OTD price but they wouldnt give it to me unless I was very serious but I told them I didnt want to pay more than 6800. Well, I fill out the personal information paperwork and they come back with 8800...lol. I had already done my research and had NEVER been quoted that high. After I showed them an email of a dealership going 7600 otd, then they were willing to sell it at that price to be competitive. Let me tell you, dealerships keep talking about incentives and that it is ONLY 700 more than what I'm looking to pay but what are they going to do when they have a 2018 and the 2020 model comes out with electric start? The bike will be somewhat ancient. They tried convincing me that they wouldnt sell for a price lower than that but wait till it keeps sitting there another year... by the way, Many say it has only sat there for 60 days or 90 days Lol. I'll keep you guys updated but if it is due to incentives, I am in no rush and willing to wait until November or one of them calls me asking if I'm still interested. I tried explaining that, the Suzuki isnt sought after, kickstart, places last in 450f shoot outs, and resale value. Look, I hate to be that guy but it is the truth. I have a feeling that by June they will drop them to 5k and sell them in mid to high 6k. If not, they will be sitting at the 7.5k plus price range.
Did you try Simi Valley Cycles?
mxer613
4/17/2019 4:44pm
Dave_Azadi wrote:
I’ll even meet you there and you can buy me a cold 22oz
racinstation
Fantasy
1921st
4/17/2019 4:44pm
Just do it and then tell everyone on here you paid $4999. No one will know.

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
4/17/2019 5:09pm
I have to talk to dealerships (car, rv, mc, etc.) pretty regularly at work. Most could not care less if youre paying cash
i was thinking, it might be beneficial in the i am ready to do this now/lets get it done department was my only thought. talk is cheap.
4/17/2019 5:21pm
Dave_Azadi wrote:
What are some cons to buying out of state and bringing them back to CA? Can't register without paying fees?
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/17/2019 5:30pm
Dave_Azadi wrote:
What are some cons to buying out of state and bringing them back to CA? Can't register without paying fees?
Sales tax and registration fees.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/17/2019 5:31pm
soggy wrote:
In fact, they prefer to finance. There are kickbacks called "participation" for getting buyers to use the financing.
4/17/2019 5:39pm
109 wrote:
Nobody sold these at that price!!!! The boneheads on this forum just never surprise me!
4/17/2019 5:40pm
Just do it and then tell everyone on here you paid $4999. No one will know.

This is the exact reason why people think they can buy these bikes brand new for these kinds of prices!!! Be honest with yourselves and be honest with people around you.
4/17/2019 5:43pm
2stroked wrote:

That's the shop I went to last Sunday, Bert's Mega Mall. I was asking for an OTD price but they wouldnt give it to me unless...
I think your funny to say that Suzuki isnt sought after? Yet....here you are trying to seek one out.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
4/17/2019 6:24pm
2stroked wrote:

I think your funny to say that Suzuki isnt sought after? Yet....here you are trying to seek one out.
Sought after because you can get them at a lower price. If all bikes were the same asking price, how well do you think it would sell?
4/17/2019 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 7:10pm
2stroked wrote:

Lol, I know doesnt make sense but they really aren't. The Suzuki and Kawasaki can usually be found to be discounted alot more than say, a Yamaha or Honda.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
4/17/2019 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 7:29pm
Lol, I know doesnt make sense but they really aren't. The Suzuki and Kawasaki can usually be found to be discounted alot more than say, a...
Lol, I know doesnt make sense but they really aren't. The Suzuki and Kawasaki can usually be found to be discounted alot more than say, a Yamaha or Honda.
you're the guy that no one wants to sell anything to. go build a bike out of play-doh and wood chips, that's the price range you want to be in.....yo. good luck (insert rolling eyes emoticon)
4/17/2019 7:32pm
Lol, I know doesnt make sense but they really aren't. The Suzuki and Kawasaki can usually be found to be discounted alot more than say, a...
SLAPAHO wrote:
you're the guy that no one wants to sell anything to. go build a bike out of play-doh and wood chips, that's the price range you...
you're the guy that no one wants to sell anything to. go build a bike out of play-doh and wood chips, that's the price range you want to be in.....yo. good luck (insert rolling eyes emoticon)
Dont think this comment was necessary, lol.
RexEasely
4/17/2019 7:38pm
LA cycles in Inglewood ca usually has decent OTD prices.
RexEasely
4/17/2019 7:40pm
2stroked wrote:

Berts bought all the bike dealerships in the area and now charges whatever they can get. That shop is so big it was a Target store back in the day.
4/17/2019 7:42pm
RexEasely wrote:
LA cycles in Inglewood ca usually has decent OTD prices.
Thank you, I will head on over and check them out during the next coming weekend.

Post a reply to: Socal 2018 RMZ450, should I pay 7500+ OTD?

The Latest