SoCal amateur or vet race series?

Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 10:38am
I wish there was a website that listed all the SoCal race series.

Most of the track websites are hardly updated.

I haven’t entered a race in a long time. Is Vet-X still around? They were good events.

Only thing Ive found so far are:

Transworld El Dorado Series
&
SoCal MX Series
&
REM

Any others I am missing? Opinions? Etc.
|
FWYT
1/21/2018 11:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2018 12:01am
SRA races once a month at Glen Helen. 45 minute races. Best bang for the buck.
Depending on your age, you could ride two races back-to-back and still be at
In-N-Out Burger before noon. Now THAT'S getting your money's worth!

http://sragp.com/
Stuntman949
1/22/2018 7:54am
FWYT wrote:
SRA races once a month at Glen Helen. 45 minute races. Best bang for the buck. Depending on your age, you could ride two races back-to-back...
SRA races once a month at Glen Helen. 45 minute races. Best bang for the buck.
Depending on your age, you could ride two races back-to-back and still be at
In-N-Out Burger before noon. Now THAT'S getting your money's worth!

http://sragp.com/
^ SRA ftw
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/22/2018 8:00am
I wish there was a website that listed all the SoCal race series. Most of the track websites are hardly updated. I haven’t entered a race...

I haven’t entered a race in a long time. Is Vet-X still around? They were good events.

&
SoCal MX Series
&
REM

Vet-X became the Transworld series.

The Shop

1/22/2018 8:53am
I wish there was a website that listed all the SoCal race series. Most of the track websites are hardly updated. I haven’t entered a race...

&
SoCal MX Series
&
REM

ML512 wrote:
Ahh. Thanks.
Bret
1/22/2018 5:15pm
We race once an month and have a class structure that guarantees you can race the same bike, old or new, in two classes. Racing starts at 10:00 and we are done by 1:00. www.americanretrocross.org

1/22/2018 10:00pm
ML512 wrote:
Im having a bit of difficulty figuring out the classes.

For the Vet class there is 30+ Beginner, Amateur, and Novice (and Intermediate & Pro).

Any idea what the order of these are as far as difficulty?

I really wish the sport as a whole would adopt something much easier to understand:

D (starter / beginner... there doesnt need to be TWO beginner classes)
C (novice)
B (int)
A (expert)
ProAm (expert & pro's)
groggylbc
1/23/2018 8:26am
Bret wrote:
We race once an month and have a class structure that guarantees you can race the same bike, old or new, in two classes. Racing starts...
We race once an month and have a class structure that guarantees you can race the same bike, old or new, in two classes. Racing starts at 10:00 and we are done by 1:00. www.americanretrocross.org

never heard of you guys, but I'm really stoked about this...see you sunday!!
question, the over the hill guys are also racing at glen helen sunday. are the races combined or onr on the main and on on the rem? thanks
Bret
1/23/2018 8:43am
groggylbc wrote:
never heard of you guys, but I'm really stoked about this...see you sunday!! question, the over the hill guys are also racing at glen helen sunday...
never heard of you guys, but I'm really stoked about this...see you sunday!!
question, the over the hill guys are also racing at glen helen sunday. are the races combined or onr on the main and on on the rem? thanks
Great to hear! We will be on the REM track. Sign up begins and 8:00 and closes at 8:45 sharp. Riders meeting at 8:45. Practice at 9:00. Racing starts at 10:00. See you Sunday!
racerray909
1/23/2018 10:22am
2018 OTHG Series

Jan 28 GH main
Feb 11 DT1 (Tulare)
Feb 25 LACR Vet
Mar 11 Cal City
Mar 25 Sunrise
April 8 GH Vet - OTMX as our guest
April 28/29 Sierra National
May 6 Cahuilla - we are OTMX guests
May 26/27 Reno National
June 10 LACR
June 24 SRA GP
July 7 Ride Day
July 15 Comp Edge Main or Hillside
July 29 Glen Helen Main
Aug 12 Milestone Vet
Aug 26 Perris Main
Sept 1/2 Bay National
Sept 16 TBD
Sept 30 Cal City
Oct 13-14 South National Cal City
Oct 21 Sunrise
Oct 28 Milestone Main
Nov 10/11 Valley National
Nov 18 Comp Edge Main
Dec 2 Glen Helen Main
groggylbc
1/29/2018 9:06am
Bret wrote:
We race once an month and have a class structure that guarantees you can race the same bike, old or new, in two classes. Racing starts...

i raced this for the first time....it was so awesome!!! great track prep and super organized. and....i was done, packed and driving home by 1!! thank you for putting this series on...ill defiantly be back.
Bret
1/29/2018 9:21am
Bret wrote:

groggylbc wrote:
i raced this for the first time....it was so awesome!!! great track prep and super organized. and....i was done, packed and driving home by 1!! thank...
i raced this for the first time....it was so awesome!!! great track prep and super organized. and....i was done, packed and driving home by 1!! thank you for putting this series on...ill defiantly be back.
Glad you had a good time. Thanks for coming out to race with us!
1/29/2018 10:38am
Bret wrote:

groggylbc wrote:
i raced this for the first time....it was so awesome!!! great track prep and super organized. and....i was done, packed and driving home by 1!! thank...
Bret wrote:
Glad you had a good time. Thanks for coming out to race with us!
Wow, really wish we had an equivalent of this up in NorCal, looks like an incredibly well run series and fun format.

Post a reply to: SoCal amateur or vet race series?

The Latest