SoCal VMX classic

brocster
Anyone racing vintage at GH tomorrow 10/24?
|
10/23/2020 3:04pm
I was heading up to Glen Helen tomorrow. Helping out the Smith family with some stuff. Bringing out the old YZ.
10/23/2020 3:43pm
I will probably show up tomorrow afternoon camp. I plan on racing the sra gp on sunday.
10/23/2020 4:08pm
TURN IT UP! 🔊
The 2020 So Cal Vintage MX Classic is going down TOMORROW at Glen Helen Raceway. There are classes for all Vintage, Post-Vintage and Modern bikes on Glen Helen's main track. All of the popular classes are back, along with the newly added "Marty Smith Memorial Cup" - a special tribute to honor Marty and Nancy Smith. Come and race with former factory pros - Broc Glover, Rick Johnson, Tommy Croft, Warren Reid, Billy Urban, Jim Beauchamp, Todd De Hoop, Shaun Kalos, Kurt Nicoll, and more!
If you are planning on racing and have not signed up there will be on-site sign up today from 4-8pm and tomorrow starting at 6:30am...Gates open at 6, first practice is at 8:00am, so get here early! 👊🏻

The Shop

brocster
10/24/2020 6:45pm
De Hoop was on the friggin gas on that early 80’s RM125. Absolutely bombing the downhill. If that was Kalos on the 911 YZ100. He was hauling ass as well. Saw Grant Langston a few times in the pits in gear but never saw him on the track. Broc Glover rails on that old CR125 as well as that old YZ250 Was a good time today.
DJBobbyD
10/24/2020 8:31pm
I was in the same race as DeHoop but in no way do I mean I was even close to that speed! I started OK but crashed right after the first lap and that ended my moto😂 I did no riding and virtually no training leading up to this race so yeah, I was going to kill it! Any 125 from the early 80’s or 90’s can go fast especially with a championship winning professional like DeHoop riding it!
numbers
10/24/2020 8:37pm
DJBobbyD wrote:
I was in the same race as DeHoop but in no way do I mean I was even close to that speed! I started OK but...
I was in the same race as DeHoop but in no way do I mean I was even close to that speed! I started OK but crashed right after the first lap and that ended my moto😂 I did no riding and virtually no training leading up to this race so yeah, I was going to kill it! Any 125 from the early 80’s or 90’s can go fast especially with a championship winning professional like DeHoop riding it!
I'm jealous of all you guys. Id love to spend time around that group of riders. Hope the young kids that live local understand what they are witnessing, moto heaven.

Post a reply to: SoCal VMX classic

The Latest