SoCal Moto Vacation (MxGp Glen Helen & more...)

Yo guys,

So pretty much everything is fixed for me now to finally after wanting to do it for about 20 years (since age 5 lol...) to make my trip over to USA for the first time.

It's been a dream of me to come watching races in America and finally it's about to happen. Sadly it's not a supercross or ama outdoor race, but it'll be the MxGp of Glen Helen. Probly one of my favorite tracks in the world and seeing some top USA riders go against the GP boys is just as good to me!

I'll be staying in Corona at a friends place and she'll also help me with driving around so that's really cool. I'll be out in SoCal for about 10 days! Now my question is, outside of the Glen Helen race what are other MUST SEE places for a die hard mx fan and retired racer ?

Are there any practice tracks where during the week there will be a high chance of seeing pro's train ? Any shops ? (I think Pro Circuit should be an option, maybye Langston his store)

Any tracks that are really must see places ? I've been thinking about Pala Raceway, Perris, Lake Elsinore, Milestone, ...

I won't be spending all my time checking out moto stuff, but i do plan on dedicating a chunck of it to check out the California Moto Scene! Any tips are greatly apreciated.

On top of that i am open to do some / check out some other action sports to, any good Karting tracks out there where you can rent and ride ? (People told me before Pole Position Raceway is really good / fun)

Bonus question for the people who are from there, any tourist places you really recommend ? We've got a few trips planned to the beaches / Theme parks but any awesome locations to visit out there are welcome!

If there are allot of Vital members going to the GP i'd be down to do a little meetup and try out some USA beers with you guys Wink
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/26/2016 3:06pm
Awesome you are coming out! Here's s few threads from the past that can give you more info than what I can offer! Have fun, write back if you still have questions.
http://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/My-California-motocross-vac…

http://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/CA-Vacation-Need-Info,739462

http://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/California-MX-Trip,1285832
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/26/2016 9:07pm
Adams cart track is very close to Milestone (outdoor gas carts) they rent the carts and helmets are included. There is a few electric cart tracks, depending where you are staying.
There is skydiving next to Elsinore and down the street from Perris, if you're interested in that.
There is also an indoor skydiving facility located near Perris, I believe.
Irwindale raceway has NASCAR rentals and for $149 (thru groupon) it's a good time. Night racing was my favorite.
Mini Elsinore
7/26/2016 9:57pm
Hop on the 405 any time of day. It won't be a great experience at all---but it will make you appreciate home! Laughing

Seriously, you will have a great time here! Enjoy!
Waylon
7/27/2016 4:55am
I went for the first time about A month ago. I highly recommend Troy Lee Designs if your A life long moto junkie. Also if the budget is there rent A bike and do A track day,. I used MX Vacations and they hooked me up. Got to ride Glen Helen ( yes the hills are steeper than they appear on TV) and they were having A REM race on the smaller track. I got to talk to Dean Wilson and his mechanic in A much more laid back atmosphere than an autograph session. Both were super nice and took time to talk to an old fan. As far as tourists attractions go south. The family and I really enjoyed Carlsbad and La Jolla. Good luck!

The Shop

Teddy240
7/28/2016 12:23pm
What type of vehicle will you be in?
If you are hitting the US and California as a first timer and riding, add Zaca Station to your list of "go to" tracks. Made famous in many a press release or commercial, Zaca is unreal and a must see.
Open Wednesday, Saturday-Sunday, must call ahead Ed @805-451-7188
Zaca is North of Santa Barbara, about a 2 1/2-3 hour drive from Orange County up the 101.

Also, you have places like Fox Racing in Irvine and can visit the company store, Pro Circuit in Corona. Sometimes you get lucky and see some moto faces down in Newport Beach

Enjoy your trip!
8/17/2016 8:24am
Bump. Thanks everybody who replied so far! Greatly apreciated Cool

So i'm about 2 weeks away from traveling over to SoCal!

So far outside of the Glen Helen GP i pretty much planned out the following visits:

Pro Circuit in Corona.

Chaparral in San Bernardino.

Pala Raceway in Pala.

Milestone mx in Riverside.

Elsinore mx park in Lake Elsinore.

Perris Raceway in Perris.

Haven't figured out yet which days i'll go where though. Would be fun if there are pro's riding / testing during certain days to go to that track.

Other then that i got a Six Flags visit at Valencia, Kayaking at La Jolla and a few days in L.A. tourist mode when i arrive Cool

Any more tips or information is welcome! (I'll have a car & driver with me to take me around everywhere Woohoo )
moto314
8/17/2016 12:57pm
Stop by the REC MX tent at the MXGP Glen Helen for some "USA" beers!
Ryno429
8/17/2016 2:06pm
Bump. Thanks everybody who replied so far! Greatly apreciated B) So i'm about 2 weeks away from traveling over to SoCal! So far outside of the...
Bump. Thanks everybody who replied so far! Greatly apreciated Cool

So i'm about 2 weeks away from traveling over to SoCal!

So far outside of the Glen Helen GP i pretty much planned out the following visits:

Pro Circuit in Corona.

Chaparral in San Bernardino.

Pala Raceway in Pala.

Milestone mx in Riverside.

Elsinore mx park in Lake Elsinore.

Perris Raceway in Perris.

Haven't figured out yet which days i'll go where though. Would be fun if there are pro's riding / testing during certain days to go to that track.

Other then that i got a Six Flags visit at Valencia, Kayaking at La Jolla and a few days in L.A. tourist mode when i arrive Cool

Any more tips or information is welcome! (I'll have a car & driver with me to take me around everywhere Woohoo )
If you are going to be in the area come check out LACR Sept 5, We have a private rental that day. If you plan on coming ill let me buddy know.
ob
8/17/2016 3:01pm
What about Club Rubber? I'll see you there!

Post a reply to: SoCal Moto Vacation (MxGp Glen Helen & more...)

The Latest