So your Roger DeCoster who do you keep

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:29pm
the Dungey to KTM rumour seems pretty strong, so it would be likely that only one of the current big bike riders would you keep, Short or Alessi,

Short had a much better SX season but Alessi is going better outdoors,

i would stay with Short, i think he may be a better team mate for Dungey, and his SX skills are way better, and SX still seems to have more glamour attached than MX, i think if Short can get his starts back, (and a FI 450 would seem to be the way) i think he is a solid top 5 guy indoors and out,

what do you guys think, and which way would you go?
|
jamma10
7/28/2011 10:32am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2011 10:37am
Short a solid top 5 guy indoors? I like Short but he finished 6th overall this season and Id say the 5 guys who finished ahead of him are always going to be better riders.

That said I would keep Short purely for the fact he's decent at both disciplines. I feel a bit sorry for Alessi this year because he doesn't really deserve to get shafted, he's a hell of an outdoor rider but he's not a Supercross rider - I hope Chad signs him to race the outdoors for his team next season.
TDeath21
7/28/2011 10:35am
IF the rumor is true, which I still doubt, they can the 350 idea and keep Short. It seems like Alessi doesn't like Dungey at all for some reason and that just wouldn't work out.
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
7/28/2011 11:05am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2011 11:17am
I thought Short had one more year on his KTM contract and Alessi's contract is up at the end of this year. So if Dungey to KTM is true, Short is his partner.

Mike will have other choices and brands to ride - so another question is if Dungey is not on KTM and Alessi goes elsewhere, who does KTM go after??

Gotta love silly season.
But I really hate this 3 weeks off of racing.
Sondy132001
7/28/2011 11:08am
TDeath21 wrote:
IF the rumor is true, which I still doubt, they can the 350 idea and keep Short. It seems like Alessi doesn't like Dungey at all...
IF the rumor is true, which I still doubt, they can the 350 idea and keep Short. It seems like Alessi doesn't like Dungey at all for some reason and that just wouldn't work out.
It seems like Alessi doesn't like Dungey at all for some reason and that just wouldn't work out.

Yeah ? how do you know this ? curious...

S

The Shop

englishman
7/28/2011 11:16am
Spat24 wrote:
I thought Short had one more year on his KTM contract and Alessi's contract is up at the end of this year. So if Dungey to...
I thought Short had one more year on his KTM contract and Alessi's contract is up at the end of this year. So if Dungey to KTM is true, Short is his partner.

Mike will have other choices and brands to ride - so another question is if Dungey is not on KTM and Alessi goes elsewhere, who does KTM go after??

Gotta love silly season.
Shorts is up the end of the year according to S Matthes,
7/28/2011 11:20am
I have heard that Short is on the market for a new ride next season
TDeath21
7/28/2011 11:23am
TDeath21 wrote:
IF the rumor is true, which I still doubt, they can the 350 idea and keep Short. It seems like Alessi doesn't like Dungey at all...
[b]It seems like Alessi doesn't like Dungey at all for some reason and that just wouldn't work out.[/b] Yeah ? how do you know this...
It seems like Alessi doesn't like Dungey at all for some reason and that just wouldn't work out.

S
Well in SX this year he would slam into the side of Dungey, the only rider of the top 5 he did that to. I believe it was Dallas. Also he'd just race him much harder than other riders. He RARELY put up a fight against the top 5 in SX this year, with Dungey being the only one he did that to. He'd try his hardest to pass him back when Dungey got by him, where as with the other 4 he'd let them go. Jacksonville heat race I think. There were several others too but those are the main two that stick out. Sure that's racing but something has to make him try harder and ride aggressive when Dungey is in front of him.
Mstock
7/28/2011 11:24am
If I was DeCoster I would stick with Mushy and Roczen in the 250's and Dungey on the 450 for sx/mx. No need for a 5th-15th place guy.
7/28/2011 11:27am
I'd like to see them stick with one premier class rider such as Dungey and have two lites riders on each coast.
fader418
7/28/2011 2:31pm
First thing he should do is park that 350. Hows that working out for KTM?
Sondy132001
7/28/2011 2:55pm
TDeath21 wrote:
[b]It seems like Alessi doesn't like Dungey at all for some reason and that just wouldn't work out.[/b] Yeah ? how do you know this...

S
TDeath21 wrote:
Well in SX this year he would slam into the side of Dungey, the only rider of the top 5 he did that to. I believe...
Well in SX this year he would slam into the side of Dungey, the only rider of the top 5 he did that to. I believe it was Dallas. Also he'd just race him much harder than other riders. He RARELY put up a fight against the top 5 in SX this year, with Dungey being the only one he did that to. He'd try his hardest to pass him back when Dungey got by him, where as with the other 4 he'd let them go. Jacksonville heat race I think. There were several others too but those are the main two that stick out. Sure that's racing but something has to make him try harder and ride aggressive when Dungey is in front of him.
I don't think it's dislike.

S
Killer Customz
7/28/2011 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2011 3:08pm
It cracks me up how people bash the 350 and blame that on Short's finishes. Did you not see his battle with Wiemer the entire second moto? Shorty did'nt seem to have a problem keeping pace with Jake's Factory 450. Shorty Could'nt beat Dungey, RV or Reed this year. Windham is IMO the 4th fastest guy out there ay be beating nd maybe we will get him back...AGAIN! Metty is super fast and did beat Short overall last season. Millsap has flashes of greatness and Trey was really flying! So who should Short be beating that he isnt? He pulled great starts (I think 3rd off the start last week) My point being, 350, 450 or a freakin' hovercraft, Short would be sitting right in the same spot. 6th O/A in points right now. Not bad!

So on topic...I say you keep Short. He is a great test rider, gets along great with Decoster and Dungey, and wont mind not having ALL of the attention. And he makes for a good autograph line!
ocscottie
7/28/2011 3:43pm
If they lose out on Dungey, surely they'll extend both Alessi and Shorts contracts?
"Free "ST Anmore" please! "

So let me get this straight, GuyB gave you a timeout just ONE day ago, so you just sign up with another account? Its his call but i am going to guess that your timeout just got a little longer.
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
7/28/2011 3:45pm
If Dungey goes orange then the pick the better of the two (Short, Alessi) at bike development
karterron
7/28/2011 3:47pm
Spat24 wrote:
I thought Short had one more year on his KTM contract and Alessi's contract is up at the end of this year. So if Dungey to...

Gotta love silly season.
He said on the Pulp show that he signed a 2 year deal, but it had an option year that kicked in if he didn't finish high enough, so he is on the market. He said he would like to stay with KTM, but is on the market.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
7/28/2011 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2011 3:56pm
I think its very smart for the team to have 2 450 riders. More butts on the seat for testing and developing, giving someone a team mate to work with. Also with only having 1 guy you are putting all your eggs in 1 basket, hell sometimes 2 guys isnt enough, just ask team Honda. I think we will see Dungey and Short on KTM next year. I think DeCoster likes Shorts work ethic and from the outside looking in he seems like a great face that a company would want representing them. Shorty may not have a HUGE upside like Dungey but he doesnt have much downside either. Just a solid guy who shows up, puts in the work and always smiles.
fader418
7/28/2011 5:24pm
It cracks me up how people bash the 350 and blame that on Short's finishes. Did you not see his battle with Wiemer the entire second...
It cracks me up how people bash the 350 and blame that on Short's finishes. Did you not see his battle with Wiemer the entire second moto? Shorty did'nt seem to have a problem keeping pace with Jake's Factory 450. Shorty Could'nt beat Dungey, RV or Reed this year. Windham is IMO the 4th fastest guy out there ay be beating nd maybe we will get him back...AGAIN! Metty is super fast and did beat Short overall last season. Millsap has flashes of greatness and Trey was really flying! So who should Short be beating that he isnt? He pulled great starts (I think 3rd off the start last week) My point being, 350, 450 or a freakin' hovercraft, Short would be sitting right in the same spot. 6th O/A in points right now. Not bad!

So on topic...I say you keep Short. He is a great test rider, gets along great with Decoster and Dungey, and wont mind not having ALL of the attention. And he makes for a good autograph line!
Did you watch any races last year? I guess Short just forgot how to start this year? How many holeshots this year? How many races has he led this year? what is his best finish? that bike is great! I am pretty sure Mike Alessi is doing better this year? If that bike was good why isnt Mike still riding it?
bd
7/28/2011 5:45pm
This season:

CR
RD
RV
MA
BM
TC
JW

There are many reasons why Shorty is not top 5. Do not think its the bike.
Mstock
7/28/2011 5:48pm
If they don't get Dungey then they should go 250 only like PC.
Faceaz
7/28/2011 6:21pm
I like short, probably my favorite rider on the track. But, his results this season with the lack of attrition are about where they should be. I think he's great for ktm's image - likable, hard working, not a puddle jumper, etc. Ktm would be crazy to not renew his contract. Given another 5 years & short will have a similar image to windham going.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
7/28/2011 6:35pm
Dungey and Simmonds 450

Short 350

Send Roczen and Musquin to JDR as factory backed Lites team with M Moss and PJ Larsen and watch the podiums role in.
Killer Customz
7/28/2011 9:03pm
bd wrote:
This season:

CR
RD
RV
MA
BM
TC
JW

There are many reasons why Shorty is not top 5. Do not think its the bike.
hit it right on the nose!

and Short has been pulling top 5 starts, so with the new guys and returning guys, I say not bad. Id rather see him ride hard the whole moto too, then pull a start and fade to 5th.
7/28/2011 9:37pm
scott_nz wrote:
the Dungey to KTM rumour seems pretty strong, so it would be likely that only one of the current big bike riders would you keep, Short...
the Dungey to KTM rumour seems pretty strong, so it would be likely that only one of the current big bike riders would you keep, Short or Alessi,

i would stay with Short, i think he may be a better team mate for Dungey, and his SX skills are way better, and SX still seems to have more glamour attached than MX, i think if Short can get his starts back, (and a FI 450 would seem to be the way) i think he is a solid top 5 guy indoors and out,

I like them both, but Andrew Short was so nice to me and my kids at a SX a fews years ago...so I am going to keep Short. Short is my K-Dub...I just like the guy no matter where he finishes.
dirtnapper
7/28/2011 9:44pm
scott_nz wrote:
the Dungey to KTM rumour seems pretty strong, so it would be likely that only one of the current big bike riders would you keep, Short...

I like them both, but Andrew Short was so nice to me and my kids at a SX a fews years ago...so I am going to...
I like them both, but Andrew Short was so nice to me and my kids at a SX a fews years ago...so I am going to keep Short. Short is my K-Dub...I just like the guy no matter where he finishes.
Were those the kids you had after "boning" Megan Fox?
7/28/2011 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2011 9:47pm
scott_nz wrote:

I like them both, but Andrew Short was so nice to me and my kids at a SX a fews years ago...so I am going to...
dirtnapper wrote:
Were those the kids you had after "boning" Megan Fox?
No. But my wife once asked me: IF you knew that you would never get caught, would you have sex with Megan Fox? I responded and said, "I would have sex with Megan Fox if I knew I was going to get caught." The rest is history, as they say.
Phillips467
7/29/2011 4:05am
If your DeCoster, you've gotta keep Short, plus he'd be a good mentor for Ken Roczen, I think Alessi just needs a fresh start on a team like TwoTwo Motorsports. If KTM get Dungey, then Short can be a solid 'second' 450 rider, with the potential of getting both KTM's in the top five on any given weekend.

Dungey, Short, Roczen, Musquin is a very solid team IMO

Post a reply to: So your Roger DeCoster who do you keep

The Latest