So, you want to "grow the sport" or return Moto to it's former glory?

TeamGreen
12/19/2018 1:19pm
Frank wrote:
And what are the tracks doing about that? Most refuse to change or adapt. Most don't even have a real dedicated peewee track. Parents are not...
And what are the tracks doing about that? Most refuse to change or adapt.

Most don't even have a real dedicated peewee track. Parents are not going to spend $4,000 on a 50cc bike to put a 6yr old on the big bike track to practice with 450's. Have peewee/mini only race events if nothing else.

Most tracks are still running 35 classes (with 6 riders on the line), etc. Drop this already. It's not 1990 anymore.

Cater to the classes with the largest turns outs. Have Vet +40/50 only race days.

The answers are very obvious to the racer turn out problem. Until the tracks realize times have changed more and more people will just ride.

philG wrote:
I have to say , that the amount of classes in the US is just nuts.

bultokid wrote:
It's the Poon Participation Ribbon factor
Oh yeah!

Well, I just recently won the "Over 54 but under 56 Class for little fat guys" at Chicken-Licks Raceway and the gate was full. There were 3 of us!
bultokid
12/19/2018 1:27pm
philG wrote:
I have to say , that the amount of classes in the US is just nuts.

bultokid wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Oh yeah! Well, I just recently won the "Over 54 but under 56 Class for little fat guys" at Chicken-Licks Raceway and the gate was full...
Oh yeah!

Well, I just recently won the "Over 54 but under 56 Class for little fat guys" at Chicken-Licks Raceway and the gate was full. There were 3 of us!
LOL, this past weekend I finished 2nd in the 265 Stock Modified Berlin Wall visitor on a green bike with purple gear over 6' tall under 250lbs with a slight limp class ( out of 2 )

actually I was DFL on an '87 Husky and loved every second and roost of it
TeamGreen
12/19/2018 1:47pm
bultokid wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Oh yeah! Well, I just recently won the "Over 54 but under 56 Class for little fat guys" at Chicken-Licks Raceway and the gate was full...
Oh yeah!

bultokid wrote:
LOL, this past weekend I finished 2nd in the 265 Stock Modified Berlin Wall visitor on a green bike with purple gear over 6' tall under...
LOL, this past weekend I finished 2nd in the 265 Stock Modified Berlin Wall visitor on a green bike with purple gear over 6' tall under 250lbs with a slight limp class ( out of 2 )

actually I was DFL on an '87 Husky and loved every second and roost of it
I'm still diggin' on the Blue Pursang
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
12/19/2018 2:16pm
ACBraap wrote:
I agree. When I started in the 80s, most people I knew rode Honda XRs and aspired to get real MX bikes, and we rode trails...
I agree. When I started in the 80s, most people I knew rode Honda XRs and aspired to get real MX bikes, and we rode trails from our houses. I don't know anybody doing that now. I have to load up and drive an hour minimum to get a ride in, not that there are all that many places to ride anyway. Hence spending way more time on my MTB, where trails are practically in my backyard.

I don't know if four strokes per se killed the sport, but high prices have kept people away, loud bikes have given haters ammunition to close riding areas, and without riding areas, the sport is a tougher sell.

Weird that it's participants discussing these issues instead of motorcycle companies that could increase their product sales.
PFitzG38 wrote:
Yup. BITD I could ride side saddle from my garage 2-3 miles on public streets real low key like to no less than 3 MX tracks...
Yup. BITD I could ride side saddle from my garage 2-3 miles on public streets real low key like to no less than 3 MX tracks - one National Caliber, never got caught - eventually though, the cops would just go to my house grab a cup of coffee with my mom and wait for me to come home. I would go riding at lunch during HS. This was in the middle of Newport Beach CA, mid-late 70s.

No way I would be the rider I am today.
TeamGreen wrote:
Same...same for me growing up in the hills on the south end of San Jose.
I think it was like that every where in th 70's 80's 90,s
I could ride to all kinds of tracks and trails and i lived in Minnesota in Suburbs of Minneapolis, we would ride on the street but slowly and on the shoulder until we got to our spots.

The Shop

TeamGreen
12/19/2018 2:32pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
Yup. BITD I could ride side saddle from my garage 2-3 miles on public streets real low key like to no less than 3 MX tracks...
Yup. BITD I could ride side saddle from my garage 2-3 miles on public streets real low key like to no less than 3 MX tracks - one National Caliber, never got caught - eventually though, the cops would just go to my house grab a cup of coffee with my mom and wait for me to come home. I would go riding at lunch during HS. This was in the middle of Newport Beach CA, mid-late 70s.

No way I would be the rider I am today.
TeamGreen wrote:
Same...same for me growing up in the hills on the south end of San Jose.
Tarz483 wrote:
I think it was like that every where in th 70's 80's 90,s I could ride to all kinds of tracks and trails and i lived...
I think it was like that every where in th 70's 80's 90,s
I could ride to all kinds of tracks and trails and i lived in Minnesota in Suburbs of Minneapolis, we would ride on the street but slowly and on the shoulder until we got to our spots.
Out here in "Suburban California" they started cracking down HARD on riding in the "cities" or city limits back in the '80s. By the '90s...we were driving some serious distances to tracks.

In the 70's to mid-80s...I rode at tracks in Santa Cruz, San Jose, Morgan Hill, the hills of Los Gatos, the hills of Los Altos...hell...we rode out near the San Mateo Bridge! Had my own little riding area in the hills between Santa Teresa and Almaden.

Good times!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/19/2018 2:59pm
I truly believe the problem is cultural not financial.
Bry145 wrote:
Could we also say that less getting married, having kids, and buying homes is cultural, not financial? The decline in these things (as well as local...
Could we also say that less getting married, having kids, and buying homes is cultural, not financial?

The decline in these things (as well as local motocross) is primarily financial. Culture is a factor, but the almighty dollar (or lack thereof) is the primary cause.

How much healthier was the sport in the late 1990s when the economy was good and housing was more affordable?

Why are less getting married and starting families? A large percentage of reproductive aged men are not earning enough (after taxes and living expenses) to attract a mate. Women pair up with men for economic resources and utility.

How many more would moto down if the welfare state was reduced and taxes were lowered accordingly? How many would participate if wages kept up with inflation and productivity gains? How many would participate if businesses shared profits fairly with the workers who made those profits possible?

I ride my mountain bike and let my YZ sit because it is financially within reach. Motocross became financially out of reach for too many people, thus the decline.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I disagree with a little bit as well.

Less having kids and getting married I would say is just as much cultural as it is financial. I would even go as far as saying some drops in home buying would be cultural too. I'll explain what I mean.

Marriage- You kind of pointed out already in your post and it goes both cultural and financial. Some men don't make enough to attract some women. Financial on the men's side, cultural on the women's. Society/Culture has put it into young women's heads that a man needs to make so much money to take care of her so she feels financially secure while basically taking away the fact that physical, mental and emotional connection are needed. What happened to two people that love each other building their empire together? My wife and I have done it. When we got together I was barely over minimum wage working at a motorcycle shop. Got married when I was jobless and she was only a little over minimum wage. We built all that we have together. That is gone now. I can't even count on two hands the amount of girls that I went to high school with that are married to guys almost or over twice their age and have large amounts of money! It's horrible.
Now to go along with that we have a culture that is all about me me me and go around be free, sleep with whoever you want whenever you want. People are waiting longer to get married or skipping marriage all together just because they want to sleep with whoever they want whenever they want. Now it's their lives to do what they want with, but I truly believe that is a huge reason marriage is declining.

Homes- This new generation of millennial's, which sadly I am grouped with by birth date only, is so babied by parents that don't discipline and don't teach their kids about work, value of a dollar or morals for that matter. These kids are being told or forced to get jobs and sit in mom and dads basement all day playing fortnite until 4am and then sleeping in until 1-2pm. Mom and dad aren't doing anything about it so these millennial's stay home with mom and dad until finally dad has had enough and tells mom the kid has to go or he goes. Obviously this isn't all situations, but it is becoming more common. I know a few of these people personally.
Kenny Lingus
12/19/2018 3:39pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Nice!

And you’ve made the important point: fun doesn’t have to be expensive
I think sometimes people confuse not being able to afford what they want with what they can get by with.
BAMX
12/20/2018 6:31am
TeamGreen wrote:
Nice!

And you’ve made the important point: fun doesn’t have to be expensive
I think sometimes people confuse not being able to afford what they want with what they can get by with.
So true...You can easily be in and having fun for $2k. $1500 bike and $500 gear.

Kenny Lingus
12/20/2018 9:40am
BAMX wrote:
So true...You can easily be in and having fun for $2k. $1500 bike and $500 gear.

I'd go even further and say an adult could get in a little bit cheaper and kids way cheaper. The kid I talked about in an earlier post had about $1300 all in. Bike wasn't pretty but was mechanically sound. If someone really wants to ride they will. In this day and age it's easier to find deals.
BR8ES
12/20/2018 9:55am
Former glory all the way... it was never bigger and will never be "grown" again. Even maintained as is will be a tough order to fill.
Bry145
12/20/2018 12:46pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I agree with a lot of what you said, but I disagree with a little bit as well. Less having kids and getting married I would...
I agree with a lot of what you said, but I disagree with a little bit as well.

Less having kids and getting married I would say is just as much cultural as it is financial. I would even go as far as saying some drops in home buying would be cultural too. I'll explain what I mean.

Marriage- You kind of pointed out already in your post and it goes both cultural and financial. Some men don't make enough to attract some women. Financial on the men's side, cultural on the women's. Society/Culture has put it into young women's heads that a man needs to make so much money to take care of her so she feels financially secure while basically taking away the fact that physical, mental and emotional connection are needed. What happened to two people that love each other building their empire together? My wife and I have done it. When we got together I was barely over minimum wage working at a motorcycle shop. Got married when I was jobless and she was only a little over minimum wage. We built all that we have together. That is gone now. I can't even count on two hands the amount of girls that I went to high school with that are married to guys almost or over twice their age and have large amounts of money! It's horrible.
Now to go along with that we have a culture that is all about me me me and go around be free, sleep with whoever you want whenever you want. People are waiting longer to get married or skipping marriage all together just because they want to sleep with whoever they want whenever they want. Now it's their lives to do what they want with, but I truly believe that is a huge reason marriage is declining.

Homes- This new generation of millennial's, which sadly I am grouped with by birth date only, is so babied by parents that don't discipline and don't teach their kids about work, value of a dollar or morals for that matter. These kids are being told or forced to get jobs and sit in mom and dads basement all day playing fortnite until 4am and then sleeping in until 1-2pm. Mom and dad aren't doing anything about it so these millennial's stay home with mom and dad until finally dad has had enough and tells mom the kid has to go or he goes. Obviously this isn't all situations, but it is becoming more common. I know a few of these people personally.
I 100% believe that if reproductive aged males earned more money (after taxes) marriage rates would go up, the fertility rate would go up, home ownership would go up, and motocross participation would go up.

Pay reproductive aged males just enough to get by after tax (and do not reward them for their efforts), and all these things will go in the toilet. Isn't that already happening?

A majority of Boomer and Gen. X males made enough to marry, breed, buy homes, and moto down. I would say a majority of Gen. Y males do not make enough to do these things. Gen. Z remains to be seen.

It isn't the fault on any one thing. It is a paradigm shift that our species will have to deal with.

Demographic decline is inevitable. Motocross decline is inevitable. The economy, society, and our sport have been mismanaged.

Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
12/30/2018 12:46pm
kb228 wrote:
Same here.
Frank wrote:
And what are the tracks doing about that? Most refuse to change or adapt. Most don't even have a real dedicated peewee track. Parents are not...

Most don't even have a real dedicated peewee track. Parents are not going to spend $4,000 on a 50cc bike to put a 6yr old on the big bike track to practice with 450's. Have peewee/mini only race events if nothing else.

Most tracks are still running 35 classes (with 6 riders on the line), etc. Drop this already. It's not 1990 anymore.

Cater to the classes with the largest turns outs. Have Vet +40/50 only race days.

The answers are very obvious to the racer turn out problem. Until the tracks realize times have changed more and more people will just ride.

kb228 wrote:
For $4000 you can have a nice big bike and full gear. For $2000 you can have your kid on a new bike. Tired of you...
For $4000 you can have a nice big bike and full gear.

For $2000 you can have your kid on a new bike.

Tired of you people thinking bikes have to be brand new. I can go on facebook right now and find 20 yz250s and 125s for $1500.

I rode my entire life on $1500 bikes and had a blast. My nice ones i have today are just luxuries
If your struggling to the point of having to buy a cheap one
Its also likely that you are struggling to pay other things
And wont have money to use it much or to be able to pay go racing,
So you put it off all together thinking that your situation
Will improve and you will be able to afford to do it in the future.
Also it can be embarrassing, or even if not embarrassing
You feel like you wont be competitive against
Modded new bikes, and i can tell you first hand that even people in the C class feel that way.
wfo4ever
12/30/2018 11:59pm
The sport of riding motorcycles and racing motocross is in decline, that is just the facts. Motorcycle dealers and motocross tracks are closing. The sport of golf is in decline, golf courses are closing. Lots of other sports are in decline as well. I have a friend that has worked for Gibson guitars for years, guitar sales are in decline. The problem is young people are just not interested in these things anymore. Sign of the times...
Talisker
12/31/2018 12:11am
wfo4ever wrote:
The sport of riding motorcycles and racing motocross is in decline, that is just the facts. Motorcycle dealers and motocross tracks are closing. The sport of...
The sport of riding motorcycles and racing motocross is in decline, that is just the facts. Motorcycle dealers and motocross tracks are closing. The sport of golf is in decline, golf courses are closing. Lots of other sports are in decline as well. I have a friend that has worked for Gibson guitars for years, guitar sales are in decline. The problem is young people are just not interested in these things anymore. Sign of the times...
Young people are not into working at something to become better at it. The thought of physical activity is way too much.
No to mention its hot outside. I don't think it's just motorcycles and golf thats in decline.... its anything outdoors.

12/31/2018 12:15am
Got a mate who used to race in the mid 80's to early 90's on 125's and sill has a 93 KDX200 that's had some suspension and tuning work but hasn't ridden it for maybe ten years to take my RMX450Z for a ride today. First "modern" 4 stroke he has ever ridden. He came back with quite a smile and was fairly blown away with the performance and roll on power. Mind it's not very standard though.
He might be back.
kb228
12/31/2018 4:48am
Frank wrote:

kb228 wrote:
For $4000 you can have a nice big bike and full gear. For $2000 you can have your kid on a new bike. Tired of you...

Tired of you people thinking bikes have to be brand new. I can go on facebook right now and find 20 yz250s and 125s for $1500.

I rode my entire life on $1500 bikes and had a blast. My nice ones i have today are just luxuries
Tarz483 wrote:
If your struggling to the point of having to buy a cheap one Its also likely that you are struggling to pay other things And wont...
Modded new bikes, and i can tell you first hand that even people in the C class feel that way.
Its not that its a struggle. Its that you literally dont need to spend $10,000 on a new bike to be competitive. Youre high if you think a 10 year old 250f cant beat a 2019 250f. Its completely up to the rider.

Embarrassment is a personal issue. Not a bike issue. One day its your old bike, then you get a new bike and youre embarrassed because you got last in a race.. learning to enjoy the sport is all that you need. Too many people ride old vintage bikes and have fun to have an embarrassment argument.
12/31/2018 5:10am
Moto generally starts from a young age when your parents buy you a PW50 or something, now parents give them iPad's.
12/31/2018 6:04am
I own two bikes atm an essentially brand new 2007 KX250 and a project 1987 KX250. I put about $6000 into the 2007 KX250. The nearest place to ride to me is an hour away and $35 practice day fee. I was riding 4 times a month for a while. I cheaped out on pants & jersey but always got decent $500 boots.

A friend of mine happened to take me to a roller derby match earlier this year. I was meh, but over the summer decided to go to the local rink to try skating on my own. I sucked. But a month later I joined a local rollergirl team and bought my own skates & the most expensive gear available.

I'm not gonna lie I haven't been to a moto track since. My skating dues are $35/mo, and my entry level skates were $150 + a few sets of good $100 wheels for different surfaces. I have about $600 in gear so far.

I love riding and have been on bikes since I was 16, but the last couple of races I went to I was either the only woman racing or just one of 2-3. There weren't a whole lot of people there to begin with either. I had fun so mission accomplished. But when I was just starting we had two gates full of 125 D riders and there were a LOT of girls riding back then.

idk the economy isn't the same like it was before. Money that might go into bikes is going into student loan payments, rent, data plans, and there just isn't much left over. There are too many cheaper options for entertainment and recreation today. Also, a lot of people don't have access to decent health insurance and that is a must for riding motocross.

Also our current supply of cheap $1500 used bikes will dry up sooner or later. Fewer bikes bought today than 20 years ago. So used bikes will become less available and probably more expensive.

I don't know what solutions there are other than for the remaining riders who have means to concentrate everything and tailor the sport to those of us in the middle-upper classes. Nobody is gonna start making brand new MX-ready motocross machines for $4000 and even if that did happen, good luck finding somewhere to legally ride them if you are in a big city where the jobs are.

At this point I am just thinking of selling both my MX bikes and getting another EXC or an electric dual sport if/when one is ever made, and calling it done. I'm past my prime and really enjoyed all I did in moto so far. I miss the 80s and 90s, all the weird bike evolution, the day-glo plastic and fun times. Our sport is grown up now and we'll never see it return to those glory days.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
12/31/2018 6:58am
kb228 wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:
If your struggling to the point of having to buy a cheap one Its also likely that you are struggling to pay other things And wont...
kb228 wrote:
Its not that its a struggle. Its that you literally dont need to spend $10,000 on a new bike to be competitive. Youre high if you...
Its not that its a struggle. Its that you literally dont need to spend $10,000 on a new bike to be competitive. Youre high if you think a 10 year old 250f cant beat a 2019 250f. Its completely up to the rider.

Embarrassment is a personal issue. Not a bike issue. One day its your old bike, then you get a new bike and youre embarrassed because you got last in a race.. learning to enjoy the sport is all that you need. Too many people ride old vintage bikes and have fun to have an embarrassment argument.
I do have an old bike 03 CR125
And im not saying you have to have a new bike to be competitive, but when you show up on the 10 year old bike
And see the latest and greatest with
Suspension done , aftermarket pipe
And every thing else, you feel defeated
, on the other hand vintage races are great
I would much rather race my 03 against other
Older bikes that against 2019's
And i doubt im the only one who feels that way.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
12/31/2018 7:04am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2018 7:26am
Moto generally starts from a young age when your parents buy you a PW50 or something, now parents give them iPad's.
I agree with this, and then other kids in the neighborhood
Who's parents weren't into it saw the other 2 or 3 riding in a field on a little home made track and went home and begged there parents, and that happened in every city and town.
Then the field turned into more houses
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
12/31/2018 7:06am
I own two bikes atm an essentially brand new 2007 KX250 and a project 1987 KX250. I put about $6000 into the 2007 KX250. The nearest...
I own two bikes atm an essentially brand new 2007 KX250 and a project 1987 KX250. I put about $6000 into the 2007 KX250. The nearest place to ride to me is an hour away and $35 practice day fee. I was riding 4 times a month for a while. I cheaped out on pants & jersey but always got decent $500 boots.

A friend of mine happened to take me to a roller derby match earlier this year. I was meh, but over the summer decided to go to the local rink to try skating on my own. I sucked. But a month later I joined a local rollergirl team and bought my own skates & the most expensive gear available.

I'm not gonna lie I haven't been to a moto track since. My skating dues are $35/mo, and my entry level skates were $150 + a few sets of good $100 wheels for different surfaces. I have about $600 in gear so far.

I love riding and have been on bikes since I was 16, but the last couple of races I went to I was either the only woman racing or just one of 2-3. There weren't a whole lot of people there to begin with either. I had fun so mission accomplished. But when I was just starting we had two gates full of 125 D riders and there were a LOT of girls riding back then.

idk the economy isn't the same like it was before. Money that might go into bikes is going into student loan payments, rent, data plans, and there just isn't much left over. There are too many cheaper options for entertainment and recreation today. Also, a lot of people don't have access to decent health insurance and that is a must for riding motocross.

Also our current supply of cheap $1500 used bikes will dry up sooner or later. Fewer bikes bought today than 20 years ago. So used bikes will become less available and probably more expensive.

I don't know what solutions there are other than for the remaining riders who have means to concentrate everything and tailor the sport to those of us in the middle-upper classes. Nobody is gonna start making brand new MX-ready motocross machines for $4000 and even if that did happen, good luck finding somewhere to legally ride them if you are in a big city where the jobs are.

At this point I am just thinking of selling both my MX bikes and getting another EXC or an electric dual sport if/when one is ever made, and calling it done. I'm past my prime and really enjoyed all I did in moto so far. I miss the 80s and 90s, all the weird bike evolution, the day-glo plastic and fun times. Our sport is grown up now and we'll never see it return to those glory days.
All true and well put, but i still believe there are things
That can be done, that should have been done a long time ago.
moto671z
12/31/2018 7:21am
In the late 90s and early 2000s my local tracks were filled with riders bringing whatever bike they could get their hands on. C class was filled with all different types of bikes including off-road. The pits were lined with pick up trucks and small open trailers. Sometime around the mid 2000s you would start to see the big rigs showing up carrying multiple bikes per a rider and fast mini riders moving up and dominating C class. There was a clear distinction between the have and the have nots. Eventually the mentality of needing the latest and greatest took over and drove a lot of parents and riders into large debts and faded a lot of weekend warriors out of the sport. Lorettas became the talk around the pits and it became less about having fun with your buddies.

Many of my local tracks also had separate kids tracks where they would run races in parallel with the adult track. Safer and more enjoyable for the kids and kept the class count down and they day moving faster.

Just my observations. I wish I had a better idea on how to help/fix the sport.
BR8ES
12/31/2018 7:32am
I think the sport/tracks has to be tailored to the demographics that have the largest classes, meaning old guys. Chase them away with pseudo SX tracks and then the money goes away. That includes more than just local money by the way... if someone has an interest in bikes, then you have a chance to influence them, but otherwise it is a time suck, As far as cheap, new bikes go, if the Chinese came out with one, people would shit all over it regardless of the capability. Image is everything these days it seems, even for many vet/sen riders. Enjoy this ride while you can folks.
BikeGuy321
12/31/2018 10:53am
Bikes are too expensive for the main demographic of the sport. The sport isn't 'hip' enough for people making six figures, otherwise bike sales wouldn't be so low. Buying cheap and used only makes sense for people who know bikes inside and out and have a lot of tools.
Knobbyjake
12/31/2018 11:13am
I own two bikes atm an essentially brand new 2007 KX250 and a project 1987 KX250. I put about $6000 into the 2007 KX250. The nearest...

Tarz483 wrote:
What are they? Huh
12/31/2018 2:01pm
I’ll buy the 87 KX250.
Send me a message. I have a bunch of parts including new plastic and decals. None of it installed yet.
12/31/2018 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2018 2:11pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Yeah true, like people getting over the two stroke thing and just letting folks run equal displacement in both classes. Cheaper pathway to racing at the national level. Most won't do that because they gonna chase a 4-stroke contract and think the 2-strokes will negatively impact their chances (they're not wrong). Everyone can run whatever at the amateur level and many choose to mix.

BIke prices aren't coming down and that's a problem especially for sport accessibility in today's economy.

idk what can be done about access to riding areas and tracks. $35/day is fair for the track owners considering the equipment and water they use. But that adds up quick for someone wanting to ride 2-3 times a month, when we have expensive health insurance, rents, data plans, ect competing for our dollars. Racing is usually a $100 affair so that's even more of a stretch for young adults and new riders.

The sport caters to affluent riders today, in almost every way. Can't blame any of that. The down side is that the sport contracts and withers as time goes on. It's nowhere near as popular today as it was in the 90s and especially the 80s. The rules haven't changed much to encourage more grass roots racing, there just isn't enough of the right kind of pressure to turn around what little we have left.
YAMATHUMP1
12/31/2018 8:12pm
Frank wrote:
You are not wrong. It's not cool to take risks and get hurt. In fact your a fucking idiot to do so in today's culture. Far...
You are not wrong. It's not cool to take risks and get hurt. In fact your a fucking idiot to do so in today's culture. Far cooler to put it all on the line in a round of battle royal in a video game or post pictures of your insignificant life online.
FTW
kb228
12/31/2018 8:40pm
Frank wrote:
You are not wrong. It's not cool to take risks and get hurt. In fact your a fucking idiot to do so in today's culture. Far...
You are not wrong. It's not cool to take risks and get hurt. In fact your a fucking idiot to do so in today's culture. Far cooler to put it all on the line in a round of battle royal in a video game or post pictures of your insignificant life online.
YAMATHUMP1 wrote:
FTW
I agree with all of this. Im 25. When i try to talk about riding moto to people within 10 years of my age, they look at me like im crazy for riding on a track. People my age like going out to eat, to bars, clubs, staying home with their SO, and watching tv.. etc. they dont have active lifestyles. I grew up skateboarding, riding bmx/mountain bikes, and dirtbikes and i rarely meet others who did the same.

Getting that dopamine hit is at lot easier with iphones in your hands while sitting on the couch

Post a reply to: So, you want to "grow the sport" or return Moto to it's former glory?

The Latest