So you have to imagine JS7 & MS27 are doing a team together for '18 SX right?

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/22/2017 9:47am
Didn't DC confirm that Bubba sent a letter to the AMA requesting to keep #7 because he is racing in 2018? So I will at least...
Didn't DC confirm that Bubba sent a letter to the AMA requesting to keep #7 because he is racing in 2018? So I will at least give him the benefit of the doubt that we'll see him next year. He deserves that IMHO.

Funny to me that some of you guys are so quick to bash and hate on the one man who has done so much for our sport. I don't quite understand it.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Dungey did more for the sport than James ever did in my opinion. 2x ESPY winner: check ESPN magazine: check Wheaties Box cover: check Raised over...
Dungey did more for the sport than James ever did in my opinion.

2x ESPY winner: check
ESPN magazine: check
Wheaties Box cover: check
Raised over 500k for charity: check
Represented the sport and his sponsors well: check

James

Scrub: check
Reality show: check
Arrested: check
Suspended from the sport: check
Tuned out from the sport completely: check

I used to be a fan of James but it's been years that I stopped caring about if he comes back or not. If he does great and if he doesn't that's fine. We got to see some amazing stuff out of him and if he decides to call it quits that's his right and he earned it.
Says the guy who bashes him, but would be sitting on a cloud if he met him!! You guys are pieces of work!!! Claiming to be...
Says the guy who bashes him, but would be sitting on a cloud if he met him!!

You guys are pieces of work!!! Claiming to be fans but because he doesn't give you what you want him to, you oust him the first chance you get!
I don't expect anything from anyone including James. He did his time, brought enjoyment to millions of people and if he retires great and if he returns that's also great.

BTW I wasn't bashing James. I simply stated the truth. The post above mine wondered why some people hate him. Well part of it has to do with the things I mentioned.

Don't like it, suck it up butter cup.

Also, hard to continue being a fan when he doesn't line up, doesn't let his fans know what's up, says one thing but does the other, etc. the list goes on. And I know there's plenty of people who feel the same way. We can't all be nut huggers!
mauidex
9/22/2017 10:25am
Why do you have two accounts???

I guess to validate yourself~
nah only have one account , just mistake where i replied i guess..........one is WAY MORE than enough here!!!WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
motomike137
9/22/2017 10:25am
The Bubba fan in me hopes for James to show up somewhat unexpectedly at A1 and shock everybody, the realist in me says that he is not coming back. Either way James is the most exciting person I have ever watched race MX/SX and I doubt we will ever see anything like him again.
Johnny Depp
9/22/2017 5:35pm

James Bubba Stewart Net Worth: $18 million dollars.

Malcolm Stewart net worth: $500 thousand.

I can think of a million reasons why Malcolm might want to keep racing.

This thread now has over 2500 views today alone. Nuf said.

The Shop

Johnny Ringo
9/22/2017 6:12pm
Didn't DC confirm that Bubba sent a letter to the AMA requesting to keep #7 because he is racing in 2018? So I will at least...
Didn't DC confirm that Bubba sent a letter to the AMA requesting to keep #7 because he is racing in 2018? So I will at least give him the benefit of the doubt that we'll see him next year. He deserves that IMHO.

Funny to me that some of you guys are so quick to bash and hate on the one man who has done so much for our sport. I don't quite understand it.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Dungey did more for the sport than James ever did in my opinion. 2x ESPY winner: check ESPN magazine: check Wheaties Box cover: check Raised over...

James

I used to be a fan of James but it's been years that I stopped caring about if he comes back or not. If he does great and if he doesn't that's fine. We got to see some amazing stuff out of him and if he decides to call it quits that's his right and he earned it.
First African American to dominate this primarily white sport: check.

Watch yourself Mav
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/22/2017 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2017 6:22pm

-MAVERICK- wrote:

James

Watch yourself Mav
Lol OK.

Didn't think being a different race had anything to do with helping the sport. Motocross is global. Pretty sure that includes a lot more than white people.

Talent has no color!
kxking
Fantasy
1139th
9/25/2017 9:31am
I believe James did have a special on ESPN and the E60 Show (I think its called)....Check
James on Letterman or the tonight show.....Check

SteezGeez
Fantasy
553rd
9/25/2017 11:50am
I'm just gonna call it and say he'll be there by Daytona.
Lastander
9/25/2017 12:07pm
SteezGeez wrote:
I'm just gonna call it and say he'll be there by Daytona.
Didn't say what year though
tprice07
9/25/2017 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2017 12:55pm

different colors, different seat covers

downard254
9/25/2017 1:21pm
The Bubba fan in me hopes for James to show up somewhat unexpectedly at A1 and shock everybody, the realist in me says that he is...
The Bubba fan in me hopes for James to show up somewhat unexpectedly at A1 and shock everybody, the realist in me says that he is not coming back. Either way James is the most exciting person I have ever watched race MX/SX and I doubt we will ever see anything like him again.
I have to say, I'm on the Mike bandwagon here.Wink
MohMoto14
9/25/2017 1:59pm
Let's be real for a minute. His last season's he was a crash test dummy. Your body can heal quicker than your brain can, if it...
Let's be real for a minute. His last season's he was a crash test dummy. Your body can heal quicker than your brain can, if it ever can. A prolonged rest was his only option.

Concussion

Long-term effects
• Concussions are known to be cumulative. That is, each time you have a concussion it is easier to get another concussion in the future.
• Repeated concussions can lead to long-term memory loss, psychiatric disorders, brain damage, and other neurologic problems.
• If a person has had a number of concussions, the doctor likely will advise the person to avoid the activities that may put them at risk for future head injuries and to discontinue contact sports. Professional athletes are particularly prone to the effects of cumulative concussions.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/concussion/page8_em.htm#concussion_progn…

http://www.promotocross.com/sites/default/files/images/video/thumbnail/…" class="img-fluid" />

http://www.promotocross.com/sites/default/files/images/video/thumbnail/…" class="img-fluid" />

Plenty more where that came from. I'd like to see James do a farewell tour that allowed him to do parade laps but no racing. Hang up the helmet Bubba. Respect.
Pastrana seems to be doing fine with the repeated concussions thing. Life's short, let the kid live a little.
hyler199 wrote:
he recently revealed in an interview he has bad night terrors and stuff and I think i remember them saying he kinda sleep walks or something
He didn't recently reveal this, he's had them since he was very young. That was just an update and to tell what happens when he gets them. He did say they've gotten worse but I don't think they're concussion related.
MohMoto14
9/25/2017 2:06pm
downard254 wrote:
Be where?
Did you happen to grow up right up the hill from AJ? I think I know you just didn't want lay your name out there.
9/25/2017 4:09pm
The Bubba fan in me hopes for James to show up somewhat unexpectedly at A1 and shock everybody, the realist in me says that he is...
downard254 wrote:
Same for me.
BTW, can't believe how much stupid crap I've read about the guy in here.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/25/2017 4:13pm

-MAVERICK- wrote:

James

A big Dungey fan as well but his Wheaties box cover and ESPYs was a cumulative effort of all of those before him as well and he will be the first to say it. Obviously highly deserving which goes with out saying. Also Weege says all the time that you want to get clicks in a site put James Stewart's name in a title, good for Motocross exposure in general. The sport is massively better off with him in it. Same with Roczen. We need guys that are natural in front of the camera and Stewart outside of Pastrana was as good as it got. Funny you put bad things about him outside of his scrub. James is argaubly the most disappointing racer of all time only due to the inhuman amount of a talent he had but his pluses far out weigh is neagtives. He also is number 2 on the all time wins list had a perfect season, had argaubly the greatest SX season of all time at age 21. Came from last to first outdoors and In. His numbers are massive and they barley tell the story. You had to see him go through sand whoops to believe it. Millville or Freestone and there are literally dozens of examples like this.
JB426
9/26/2017 8:03am
Park Boys wrote:
A big Dungey fan as well but his Wheaties box cover and ESPYs was a cumulative effort of all of those before him as well and...
A big Dungey fan as well but his Wheaties box cover and ESPYs was a cumulative effort of all of those before him as well and he will be the first to say it. Obviously highly deserving which goes with out saying. Also Weege says all the time that you want to get clicks in a site put James Stewart's name in a title, good for Motocross exposure in general. The sport is massively better off with him in it. Same with Roczen. We need guys that are natural in front of the camera and Stewart outside of Pastrana was as good as it got. Funny you put bad things about him outside of his scrub. James is argaubly the most disappointing racer of all time only due to the inhuman amount of a talent he had but his pluses far out weigh is neagtives. He also is number 2 on the all time wins list had a perfect season, had argaubly the greatest SX season of all time at age 21. Came from last to first outdoors and In. His numbers are massive and they barley tell the story. You had to see him go through sand whoops to believe it. Millville or Freestone and there are literally dozens of examples like this.
Agreed.
James is the guy I've always wanted to watch race more than any other. And I don't think I'm alone in this regard.
cali11
9/26/2017 8:33am
Pastrana seems to be doing fine with the repeated concussions thing. Life's short, let the kid live a little.
hyler199 wrote:
he recently revealed in an interview he has bad night terrors and stuff and I think i remember them saying he kinda sleep walks or something
MohMoto14 wrote:
He didn't recently reveal this, he's had them since he was very young. That was just an update and to tell what happens when he gets...
He didn't recently reveal this, he's had them since he was very young. That was just an update and to tell what happens when he gets them. He did say they've gotten worse but I don't think they're concussion related.
I thought that was TP199 that said that?
SEE ARE125
9/26/2017 8:40am
hyler199 wrote:
MohMoto14 wrote:
He didn't recently reveal this, he's had them since he was very young. That was just an update and to tell what happens when he gets...
cali11 wrote:
I thought that was TP199 that said that?
They're talking about TP199, so, yeah...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/26/2017 9:18am

-MAVERICK- wrote:

James

Park Boys wrote:
A big Dungey fan as well but his Wheaties box cover and ESPYs was a cumulative effort of all of those before him as well and...
The post was about doing something/helping the sport as a whole and not the individual's accomplishments.

Both guy's are very accomplished. There's no doubting that. Both will be in the Motorcycle Hall of Fame.
IceMan446
9/26/2017 10:47am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

James

Watch yourself Mav
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lol OK. Didn't think being a different race had anything to do with helping the sport. Motocross is global. Pretty sure that includes a lot more...
Lol OK.

Didn't think being a different race had anything to do with helping the sport. Motocross is global. Pretty sure that includes a lot more than white people.

Talent has no color!
How many black people were involved in the sport before James??? Mechanics? Industry people?

How many started paying attention to the sport because of James???

Please don't tell me he didn't have an influence on bringing people of color to this sport because personally I know a handful of friends that thought it was only a "white" sport and started watching and paying attention just because of James.

He had segments on ESPN, had a E60 episode and brought a lot of notoriety to the sport. Not to mention he was the most polarizing guy to throw a leg over a motorcycle. Which MADE people want to watch him.

Just because he didn't walk away from the sport like you would have wanted, you are being short sighted to say he didn't have a big influence on the sport.
sende
Fantasy
4455th
9/26/2017 12:19pm
downard254 wrote:
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Same for me.
BTW, can't believe how much stupid crap I've read about the guy in here.
x4.
JS7 fan here.. always.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/26/2017 1:25pm

Watch yourself Mav
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lol OK. Didn't think being a different race had anything to do with helping the sport. Motocross is global. Pretty sure that includes a lot more...
Lol OK.

Talent has no color!
IceMan446 wrote:
How many black people were involved in the sport before James??? Mechanics? Industry people? How many started paying attention to the sport because of James??? Please...
How many black people were involved in the sport before James??? Mechanics? Industry people?

Please don't tell me he didn't have an influence on bringing people of color to this sport because personally I know a handful of friends that thought it was only a "white" sport and started watching and paying attention just because of James.

He had segments on ESPN, had a E60 episode and brought a lot of notoriety to the sport. Not to mention he was the most polarizing guy to throw a leg over a motorcycle. Which MADE people want to watch him.

Just because he didn't walk away from the sport like you would have wanted, you are being short sighted to say he didn't have a big influence on the sport.
Well if your friends thought it was a white only sport they're ignorant. I get it they're not alone. Plenty of others that think the same.

DGAF how he walks away from the sport. He can do whatever he wants. He did his time and earned his retirement.

I'll admit that there's more black people involved in the sport now than ever but be honest with yourself. How many have you actually seen riding on tracks, trails, etc. VS. out in the street doing wheelies flailing their arms like idiots? Most of them probably didn't even know dirt bikes existed before James showed up. BTW I'm not blaming James for that movement but his influence probably had a part in it. It showed that riding dirt bikes was OK even if you were a different race and that it was not just a "white" only sport like you mentioned. You said it yourself that he had an influence on bringing people of color to the sport.

James didn't make them ride the streets they chose that on their own but you're a fool if you think he didn't introduce dirt bikes to a whole bunch of those guys.
wasummer46
9/26/2017 1:33pm
"Well if your friends thought it was a white only sport they're ignorant"

"How many have you actually seen riding on tracks, trails, etc. VS. out in the street doing wheelies flailing their arms like idiots?"

Wow, buddy. These statements seems to contradict each other. I hope this wasn't serious and just a lame attempt to be funny.

For the record, I hate the wheelie boys sh*t heads

motomike137
9/26/2017 1:35pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lol OK.

Talent has no color!
IceMan446 wrote:
How many black people were involved in the sport before James??? Mechanics? Industry people? How many started paying attention to the sport because of James??? Please...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well if your friends thought it was a white only sport they're ignorant. I get it they're not alone. Plenty of others that think the same...
Well if your friends thought it was a white only sport they're ignorant. I get it they're not alone. Plenty of others that think the same.

DGAF how he walks away from the sport. He can do whatever he wants. He did his time and earned his retirement.

I'll admit that there's more black people involved in the sport now than ever but be honest with yourself. How many have you actually seen riding on tracks, trails, etc. VS. out in the street doing wheelies flailing their arms like idiots? Most of them probably didn't even know dirt bikes existed before James showed up. BTW I'm not blaming James for that movement but his influence probably had a part in it. It showed that riding dirt bikes was OK even if you were a different race and that it was not just a "white" only sport like you mentioned. You said it yourself that he had an influence on bringing people of color to the sport.

James didn't make them ride the streets they chose that on their own but you're a fool if you think he didn't introduce dirt bikes to a whole bunch of those guys.
I'm sorry Maverick but I don't agree with you associating James with the people doing that crap in the inner cities. I would guess if anything their actions are much more aligned with the FMX stuff and the image that was purveyed by that crowd.
cityjack
9/26/2017 1:55pm
Heres why MX needs Malcolm/James to race whether you like it or not.....MONEY. Money makes the world go around and quite frankly, MX is lacking the...
Heres why MX needs Malcolm/James to race whether you like it or not.....MONEY. Money makes the world go around and quite frankly, MX is lacking the money it needs to flourish. You can be a hater of the Stewarts or you can be a lover of the Stewarts, doesn't matter. But, when he is racing it's a known fact the stadiums are closer to being filled up. Sponsors/teams/businesses can make money off of Malcolm winning a 6 lap heat and coming in 14th. Why? Because you like to watch him or the drama that comes with them, which in there lies attention. Attention is the running fuel to marketing which then produces dollars. I've said it for years, hiring a well known, well followed rider who gets 6th will direct more attention in the pits than some dweeb getting podium after podium. Look at Stankdog or the 2 stroke guy. They aren't winning but by god he has help and a program and he has 80K+ Instagram followers compared to someone like Kyle Chisholms (who faster and more established) 27K. That's 50K more viewers to any product they have, use, or promote. Example: Not downgrading, but who gives an actual f**k about watching Dan Reardon race supercross, or back in the day a boring ass Tyla Rattray? I'll tell you, about 5% of the mx fan population. BUT, what's the biggest annoyance on this forum? TALKING ABOUT THE STEWARTS. Same goes with the pits, watching races, selling tickets etc. They're everywhere. 100s of threads, 1000s of posts. It's awareness aka marketing. If they're on the track, people care and people watch. Some watch hoping for failure, and some watch hoping for success. Regardless, they WATCH. The same thing is going on right now with the PGA and Tiger Woods. Could he be his dominant self again? Prolly not. BUT by god if he signs up to play again those ticket sales will almost double......
mauidex wrote:
and how does any of this "MONEY" get to the stewarts or help their program in any way??????
Dead nuts and well put Business at its finest!

Post a reply to: So you have to imagine JS7 & MS27 are doing a team together for '18 SX right?

The Latest