So you have to imagine JS7 & MS27 are doing a team together for '18 SX right?

MX-LIFE.
9/21/2017 8:59am
Heres why MX needs Malcolm/James to race whether you like it or not.....MONEY. Money makes the world go around and quite frankly, MX is lacking the...
Heres why MX needs Malcolm/James to race whether you like it or not.....MONEY. Money makes the world go around and quite frankly, MX is lacking the money it needs to flourish. You can be a hater of the Stewarts or you can be a lover of the Stewarts, doesn't matter. But, when he is racing it's a known fact the stadiums are closer to being filled up. Sponsors/teams/businesses can make money off of Malcolm winning a 6 lap heat and coming in 14th. Why? Because you like to watch him or the drama that comes with them, which in there lies attention. Attention is the running fuel to marketing which then produces dollars. I've said it for years, hiring a well known, well followed rider who gets 6th will direct more attention in the pits than some dweeb getting podium after podium. Look at Stankdog or the 2 stroke guy. They aren't winning but by god he has help and a program and he has 80K+ Instagram followers compared to someone like Kyle Chisholms (who faster and more established) 27K. That's 50K more viewers to any product they have, use, or promote. Example: Not downgrading, but who gives an actual f**k about watching Dan Reardon race supercross, or back in the day a boring ass Tyla Rattray? I'll tell you, about 5% of the mx fan population. BUT, what's the biggest annoyance on this forum? TALKING ABOUT THE STEWARTS. Same goes with the pits, watching races, selling tickets etc. They're everywhere. 100s of threads, 1000s of posts. It's awareness aka marketing. If they're on the track, people care and people watch. Some watch hoping for failure, and some watch hoping for success. Regardless, they WATCH. The same thing is going on right now with the PGA and Tiger Woods. Could he be his dominant self again? Prolly not. BUT by god if he signs up to play again those ticket sales will almost double......
This! I totally agree..
wreckitrandy
9/21/2017 9:12am
Bearuno wrote:
If ticket sales / viewing numbers really would jump that much with JS , and perhaps MS out there, I'm sure FELD would move heaven and...
If ticket sales / viewing numbers really would jump that much with JS , and perhaps MS out there, I'm sure FELD would move heaven and earth to have them out on the track.

Ticket sales (and the value of TV / Streaming ) are what FELD are into the Sport for. Nothing else.

I'm sure they really do crunch the numbers on things, and, so far, the 'value' to Them, and any potential Sponsors / Teams of the 'S's doesn't ad up . Despite what fan bois and goils think.
Well put sir. The manufacturers want to sell bikes. Feld wants to sell tickets. If anyone had confidence that James could make that happen for them, their people would be talking with his people. And they may be.... IDK.
RonJon
9/21/2017 9:53am
First of all he doesn't owe anybody anything and his legacy is anything but tarnished. If he's done, he went out his own way and that's his choice. You have to remember the guy has been in the spotlight since he was 8 years old. If he's not done hes a genius because when he does make an announcement it's going to break the internet and it's going to overshadow just about any story line this upcoming season except for maybe Roczen if he is able to comeback. The devils advocate in me is that it's a very calculated move by sponsors and maybe even feld to keep everyone on the hook until its time to make a big push for 18. Honestly there is no superstar racing the premier class right now if Roczen is out. I'm sorry but tomac is dry toast and musquin is no where near as marketable as Dungey was. What storylines do you have to market supercross?

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2231st
9/21/2017 10:11am
RonJon wrote:
First of all he doesn't owe anybody anything and his legacy is anything but tarnished. If he's done, he went out his own way and that's...
First of all he doesn't owe anybody anything and his legacy is anything but tarnished. If he's done, he went out his own way and that's his choice. You have to remember the guy has been in the spotlight since he was 8 years old. If he's not done hes a genius because when he does make an announcement it's going to break the internet and it's going to overshadow just about any story line this upcoming season except for maybe Roczen if he is able to comeback. The devils advocate in me is that it's a very calculated move by sponsors and maybe even feld to keep everyone on the hook until its time to make a big push for 18. Honestly there is no superstar racing the premier class right now if Roczen is out. I'm sorry but tomac is dry toast and musquin is no where near as marketable as Dungey was. What storylines do you have to market supercross?

Johnny Depp
9/21/2017 10:43am
Let's be real for a minute. His last season's he was a crash test dummy. Your body can heal quicker than your brain can, if it ever can. A prolonged rest was his only option.

Concussion

Long-term effects
• Concussions are known to be cumulative. That is, each time you have a concussion it is easier to get another concussion in the future.
• Repeated concussions can lead to long-term memory loss, psychiatric disorders, brain damage, and other neurologic problems.
• If a person has had a number of concussions, the doctor likely will advise the person to avoid the activities that may put them at risk for future head injuries and to discontinue contact sports. Professional athletes are particularly prone to the effects of cumulative concussions.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/concussion/page8_em.htm#concussion_progn…

http://www.promotocross.com/sites/default/files/images/video/thumbnail/…" class="img-fluid" />

http://www.promotocross.com/sites/default/files/images/video/thumbnail/…" class="img-fluid" />

Plenty more where that came from. I'd like to see James do a farewell tour that allowed him to do parade laps but no racing. Hang up the helmet Bubba. Respect.
JMR1976
9/21/2017 10:47am
Whole lot of hate in this thread.
NorCal 50+
9/21/2017 10:49am
I don't even want to think about the hits James has taken over the years. Some of the most epic body slams ever.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/21/2017 11:01am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Again I say who gives a f***?
...about what some posters on Vital MX think.

There, I fixed it for you. Smile
tprice07
9/21/2017 1:09pm
Did you notice who is one of JB51's sponsors? Feld.
Not a sponsor...he just thanked his sponsors and other people...like Feld.
Johnny Depp
9/21/2017 6:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2017 6:58pm
Did you notice who is one of JB51's sponsors? Feld.
tprice07 wrote:
Not a sponsor...he just thanked his sponsors and other people...like Feld.
Are you guessing? Perhaps you are an insider? That's not how I read it, but maybe it takes some reading between the lines?

This thread is about the Stewart's, and based on the views in 1 day, I would say there is a good business case that they would get a lot of eyeballs and likely sell some tickets. So yeah, Feld has a business interest, just like JB51. They need stars in their show, and some interesting stories and drama. There's no business like show business!

"On October 14th I will be riding a privateer Honda. Details are still getting worked out, but so far I am excited and wanted to share the news with the Moto community. I am extremely appreciative and grateful for all the support that is going into this project and I could not do it without these awesome companies & people:

Alpinestars
Scott
Arai
Monster Energy
Morgantown Powersports for supplying practice bikes
Levi Kilbarger/BONZI
Tim Bennet
TCD Racing for building & prepping the race bike
Twisted Development Motors
Yoshimura
Brian Fleck at Dunlop
Feld Motorsports
The Home Team of Mom & Dad, Amber & Dr. Steve Navarro for all the hard work, phone calls and behind the scenes hustle.
See ya'll soon,

JB51"
FIREfish148
9/21/2017 7:28pm
Let's be real for a minute. His last season's he was a crash test dummy. Your body can heal quicker than your brain can, if it...
Let's be real for a minute. His last season's he was a crash test dummy. Your body can heal quicker than your brain can, if it ever can. A prolonged rest was his only option.

Concussion

Long-term effects
• Concussions are known to be cumulative. That is, each time you have a concussion it is easier to get another concussion in the future.
• Repeated concussions can lead to long-term memory loss, psychiatric disorders, brain damage, and other neurologic problems.
• If a person has had a number of concussions, the doctor likely will advise the person to avoid the activities that may put them at risk for future head injuries and to discontinue contact sports. Professional athletes are particularly prone to the effects of cumulative concussions.

Plenty more where that came from. I'd like to see James do a farewell tour that allowed him to do parade laps but no racing. Hang up the helmet Bubba. Respect.
Pastrana seems to be doing fine with the repeated concussions thing. Life's short, let the kid live a little.
speed_racer
Fantasy
1939th
9/21/2017 10:04pm
We should hear about the Stewart's come October.
3 month boot camp starting soon.
tek14
9/21/2017 10:33pm
2017 or 2018?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
9/21/2017 10:36pm
tek14 wrote:
2017 or 2018?
Yes
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/21/2017 11:39pm
tek14 wrote:
2017 or 2018?
Has to be 2017 it's got a seven in the number. Next opportunity for that will be 2027 lol.
hyler199
9/22/2017 12:52am
Let's be real for a minute. His last season's he was a crash test dummy. Your body can heal quicker than your brain can, if it...

Concussion

Long-term effects

Pastrana seems to be doing fine with the repeated concussions thing. Life's short, let the kid live a little.
he recently revealed in an interview he has bad night terrors and stuff and I think i remember them saying he kinda sleep walks or something
9/22/2017 7:46am
Didn't DC confirm that Bubba sent a letter to the AMA requesting to keep #7 because he is racing in 2018? So I will at least give him the benefit of the doubt that we'll see him next year. He deserves that IMHO.

Funny to me that some of you guys are so quick to bash and hate on the one man who has done so much for our sport. I don't quite understand it.
RPM93
9/22/2017 7:53am
I'm with Jimmy Jingles, if he shows up in 18 Great! if not he entertained all of us for years. We should be thankful we were able to watch him ride.
Happy Friday to all the grumps out there...
9/22/2017 8:09am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
mauidex wrote:
the correct answer to the questionWhistlingWhistling
I think there are tons of people who await JS7 return. When/I’d news drops there will be a massive thread and it will get all kinds...
I think there are tons of people who await JS7 return. When/I’d news drops there will be a massive thread and it will get all kinds of media attention. Hopefully they are taking their time to do it right.
He says no one cares yet when the news is dropped there will be 900 threads about it. And if James’s does return to racing expect daily threads on him lolll
9/22/2017 8:10am
RPM93 wrote:
I'm with Jimmy Jingles, if he shows up in 18 Great! if not he entertained all of us for years. We should be thankful we were...
I'm with Jimmy Jingles, if he shows up in 18 Great! if not he entertained all of us for years. We should be thankful we were able to watch him ride.
Happy Friday to all the grumps out there...
I agree. We are all lucky to have seen James ride yet so many people hate on him for what reason?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/22/2017 8:16am
Didn't DC confirm that Bubba sent a letter to the AMA requesting to keep #7 because he is racing in 2018? So I will at least...
Didn't DC confirm that Bubba sent a letter to the AMA requesting to keep #7 because he is racing in 2018? So I will at least give him the benefit of the doubt that we'll see him next year. He deserves that IMHO.

Funny to me that some of you guys are so quick to bash and hate on the one man who has done so much for our sport. I don't quite understand it.
Dungey did more for the sport than James ever did in my opinion.

2x ESPY winner: check
ESPN magazine: check
Wheaties Box cover: check
Raised over 500k for charity: check
Represented the sport and his sponsors well: check

James

Scrub: check
Reality show: check
Arrested: check
Suspended from the sport: check
Tuned out from the sport completely: check

I used to be a fan of James but it's been years that I stopped caring about if he comes back or not. If he does great and if he doesn't that's fine. We got to see some amazing stuff out of him and if he decides to call it quits that's his right and he earned it.
Johnny Depp
9/22/2017 8:51am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2017 8:54am

Concussion

Long-term effects

hyler199 wrote:
he recently revealed in an interview he has bad night terrors and stuff and I think i remember them saying he kinda sleep walks or something
I assume we are talking about Pastrana interview's, don't remember any from James?

•The recent study that found CTE in the brains of 110 of 111 deceased NFL players presents a challenge to the durability of the league’s $1 billion concussion settlement with former players

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/15/new-cte-study-effect-nfl-concussion-s…

The NFL is also suffering an attendance crisis. Between concussions and kneeling during the anthem, the goose that laid the golden eggs is looking rather sickly.

I'm sure Motocross is fine though, I wouldn't change a thing. (sarcasm)
Johnny Depp
9/22/2017 8:59am
Just for fun, since last night:

15 people have viewed another thread I have up on EnduroGP.
1500+ have viewed this one.

I'd say that ought to tell you something, sponsors will get exposure.
9/22/2017 9:04am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2017 9:04am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
cali11 wrote:
You must, you took the time to click on the thread
mauidex wrote:
only because i wanted to state my opinion
Why do you have two accounts???

I guess to validate yourself~
9/22/2017 9:07am
Didn't DC confirm that Bubba sent a letter to the AMA requesting to keep #7 because he is racing in 2018? So I will at least...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Dungey did more for the sport than James ever did in my opinion. 2x ESPY winner: check ESPN magazine: check Wheaties Box cover: check Raised over...
Dungey did more for the sport than James ever did in my opinion.

2x ESPY winner: check
ESPN magazine: check
Wheaties Box cover: check
Raised over 500k for charity: check
Represented the sport and his sponsors well: check

James

Scrub: check
Reality show: check
Arrested: check
Suspended from the sport: check
Tuned out from the sport completely: check

I used to be a fan of James but it's been years that I stopped caring about if he comes back or not. If he does great and if he doesn't that's fine. We got to see some amazing stuff out of him and if he decides to call it quits that's his right and he earned it.
Says the guy who bashes him, but would be sitting on a cloud if he met him!!

You guys are pieces of work!!! Claiming to be fans but because he doesn't give you what you want him to, you oust him the first chance you get!
wasummer46
9/22/2017 9:11am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2017 9:16am
Here we are 3 pages into this thread with "who cares" and retire, hang it up.
It actually begins to make you look 12 years old.
And some of your avatar pictures are grown adults who probably have kids.

Please continue with the helpless bashing of James because of his attempt to return to racing.
And the " he owes the fans" statements. James doesn't owe you SH*T! GO BACK TO WORK!
twotwosix
9/22/2017 9:13am
Yeah, Dave Mirra did great with it too, huh?
9/22/2017 9:18am
FARANG wrote:
Who's gonna sign a flat track bully that can't ride without an unlimited amount of undeclared adderall and can't even be bothered to finish a season...
Who's gonna sign a flat track bully that can't ride without an unlimited amount of undeclared adderall and can't even be bothered to finish a season after being paid millions of dollars by a great team like Yoshimura Suzuki?

Nobody. The teams aren't as stupid as the Vital fanboys.

One BS move too many. He's been exposed. Legacy well and truly tarnished. It's over.
If I was James and reading this, I would be laughing my ass off!

I'm guessing he didn't sign an autograph.

Post a reply to: So you have to imagine JS7 & MS27 are doing a team together for '18 SX right?

The Latest