So, will the Leap be doable this year?

Meister
6/30/2022 12:11pm
Chads vid also shows that there's no hump before it! That's a plus for the situation in my book. I'd rather have the short run with no hump than a short run with a jump.

Still, minimal room for error on the landing, which is where my beef is.. lol
Meister
6/30/2022 12:12pm
Zook, I knew he'd hit it. I even posted on his insta book post they if Kelly Smith can still do it he can too.
moto162
6/30/2022 1:58pm
I would kill or even offer free track work for a year to change that whole damn section. Any track configuration from 01-08 would be great. I love whoops and rollers there a strong point for me. I hate with a passion those stupid fucking sand rollers. They are completely destroyed before the first set of motos are finished on a regualr race weekend. They become like straight up and down on the face and back side and flat on top. Your essentially hitting sand blocks. They need less sand and more dirt or more sand and less dirt if they are going to keep that stupid section. There's no flow to the back section. As for the landing for laroccos leap it's also retarded. It is now a all or nothing landing. If you land on top just over the Frontline. You bounce into oblivion I've seen a few endos from the bounce and if you come up short it an ambulance ride most of the times it's happened. Nit to mention it's ridiculous that you have to launch this single into oblivion if your not doing the leap. But they kind of screwed themselves by moving the leap and bleachers. The new start treats me really well much better then the old start but I would rather have the old start back it was more fun. Red buds become stale not the must ride track it use to be.

As far as viewing and the vip country club that his kids are trying to turn it into is beyond ridiculous as well.
neysbo
6/30/2022 2:35pm
Track is definitely not what it used to be , watch the track map video. Literally it has like 7 or 8 jumps. The infield section is a joke anymore.

The Shop

Sully
6/30/2022 6:38pm
Radical wrote:
LaRocco's Leap. He jumped it on a 125.
But didn’t he have to go off track in order to clear it? If I remember correctly he did. Still the first badass guy on a...
But didn’t he have to go off track in order to clear it? If I remember correctly he did. Still the first badass guy on a 125 to do it tho. Stew was hitting it while still on track. Hard to say how much the run up has changed from time to time too
Larocco did it mid-moto
https://youtu.be/Z04b8A64ccI
LaRocco was a freakin’ savage. Watch around the one minute mark; Emig greases the table top, then kinda hops over the breaking bumps before the turn. When The Rock comes through, he oj’s the table and smashes into every single breaking bump like a bull moose in a china shop.
cable
6/30/2022 7:36pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I thought Bailey was the first to clear that distance on a 500 . Not sure what it looked like back then though.
Didn't exist then.
there was a big double in that area but the track went towards the leap grandstands. for todays route it would be like turning right 90 degrees atter the sand whoops and heading toward the leap landing.
Johnny Ringo
6/30/2022 7:50pm
But didn’t he have to go off track in order to clear it? If I remember correctly he did. Still the first badass guy on a...
But didn’t he have to go off track in order to clear it? If I remember correctly he did. Still the first badass guy on a 125 to do it tho. Stew was hitting it while still on track. Hard to say how much the run up has changed from time to time too
Larocco did it mid-moto
Sully wrote:
LaRocco was a freakin’ savage. Watch around the one minute mark; Emig greases the table top, then kinda hops over the breaking bumps before the turn...
LaRocco was a freakin’ savage. Watch around the one minute mark; Emig greases the table top, then kinda hops over the breaking bumps before the turn. When The Rock comes through, he oj’s the table and smashes into every single breaking bump like a bull moose in a china shop.
He’s my hero
Brett evans
6/30/2022 10:20pm
R⚡️C on the RM250 two stroke.....

motomike137
7/1/2022 5:38am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 5:54am
At 6:54 in the video you see how they turn left not far after what is now the takeoff for the leap and come straight south toward what are now the sand whoops.

At 23:20 you see a section that was used a few times over the years where after they come up the hill to the monza turn and head back down they come back up it a second time and back down before heading north again and over the table to the north side of the track.
Robbirob25
7/1/2022 8:07am
Robbirob25 wrote:
No. LaRocco did it during the race in 1992, (on a 125) the first year the jump was built...
McG194 wrote:
I have pictures of it from 91 and the first 125 to clear it in race or race practice was Guy Cooper. Jeff Ward was at...
I have pictures of it from 91 and the first 125 to clear it in race or race practice was Guy Cooper. Jeff Ward was at the bottom of the hill sitting on his bike with his gloves off eyeing it up when Cooper sent it.
Cooper may have jumped the uphill double, (same location) but the 3rd landing was not added until 1992. I am friends with Tim Ritchie, and i will ask him the next time i see him, but 99.9% positive the leap was not added until 92.
7/1/2022 8:27am
R⚡️C on the RM250 two stroke..... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/06/30/557389/s1200_7C020F7D_29EF_40F8_8DB6_7B0A9E93FE65.jpg[/img]
R⚡️C on the RM250 two stroke.....

That is so badass. Thanks for posting! The one and only GOAT.
Zachintosh
7/1/2022 8:33am
I think the leap is cooler when it's challenging; makes it more special when guys do hit it. I just hope it's not yet another year of Rut Bud.
Meister
7/1/2022 8:43am
Moto Jimmy wrote:
I hope it's just barely doable so we see more of this!

https://youtu.be/vmJwrvm2Jks
It's way worse than this now. Looks almost flat in that video after the landing which ain't bad if you come up short. Was much more concave before the turn when I rode it last year.
7/1/2022 8:54am
Larocco did it mid-moto
Sully wrote:
LaRocco was a freakin’ savage. Watch around the one minute mark; Emig greases the table top, then kinda hops over the breaking bumps before the turn...
Yeah he was. His 1st national he lead the 2moto at Millville with Donny Schidt trying to run him down and couldn’t gain a foot on him. Mike was on a yz # 558. 91 Millville on a RM125 after the start the fast squared holed straight into a left turn. I never saw any rider at a race or on video hit a corner so fast. Wo in 4th to dragging the bars in the soft dry sand.
7/1/2022 9:59am
Is there a video of that race? Would love to see it! LaRocket was freaking incredible
ATKpilot99
7/1/2022 10:10am
Didn't Emig call it "the parking lot jump " in a post race interview once ?
7/1/2022 10:14am
Is there a video of that race? Would love to see it! LaRocket was freaking incredible
Yes on yt 91 Millville 125 and 500. That was the race that MC flew to Rochester ny. Instead of Rochester Mn. He barely made it to the race. 94 still air and muggy my. Chic said it’s too hot for a bra she had a thick tube top on bicycle shorts with her yellow thong. She forgot to leave her yellow jacket in the elcamino. She has it around her butt you see her and I at the start. 125 class was stacked Henry on DGY yz leading a moto, Lammy, Mx Kied, Swink, Cooper, etc
McG194
7/1/2022 11:22am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
That is the name of it.
7/1/2022 11:41am
Yes on yt 91 Millville 125 and 500. That was the race that MC flew to Rochester ny. Instead of Rochester Mn. He barely made it...
Yes on yt 91 Millville 125 and 500. That was the race that MC flew to Rochester ny. Instead of Rochester Mn. He barely made it to the race. 94 still air and muggy my. Chic said it’s too hot for a bra she had a thick tube top on bicycle shorts with her yellow thong. She forgot to leave her yellow jacket in the elcamino. She has it around her butt you see her and I at the start. 125 class was stacked Henry on DGY yz leading a moto, Lammy, Mx Kied, Swink, Cooper, etc
Thanks! Gonna check it out today. I love those old racesWink
Johnny Ringo
7/1/2022 12:07pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
That is the name of it.
Wanna say that to his face?

mimafia
Fantasy
2659th
7/2/2022 8:02am
Nate thrasher and levi kitchen jumped it in 2nd 250 practice. And a couple others I didnt recognize. Kitchen blew out the berm. Cooper just hit it
McG194
7/2/2022 9:55am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
That is the name of it.
Wanna say that to his face? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/01/557461/s1200_F670ABD9_5A3B_4F03_807F_28380D3F1386.jpg[/img]

Not a problem.

The problem is the amount I could kick his ass is way less than the amount he could kick my ass on a motocross track. I would have much rather had a factory ride out of high school than football scholarship offers.

Don't know what the big deal is. I call it LaRoccos Leap but for years it was called the parking lot jump on tv and by a lot of people. Not sure why but when I say parking lot jump I'm joking.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
7/2/2022 5:49pm
McG194 wrote:
That is the name of it.
Wanna say that to his face? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/01/557461/s1200_F670ABD9_5A3B_4F03_807F_28380D3F1386.jpg[/img]

McG194 wrote:
Not a problem. The problem is the amount I could kick his ass is way less than the amount he could kick my ass on a...
Not a problem.

The problem is the amount I could kick his ass is way less than the amount he could kick my ass on a motocross track. I would have much rather had a factory ride out of high school than football scholarship offers.

Don't know what the big deal is. I call it LaRoccos Leap but for years it was called the parking lot jump on tv and by a lot of people. Not sure why but when I say parking lot jump I'm joking.
#humblebrag
yak651
Fantasy
168th
7/2/2022 7:01pm
McG194 wrote:
That is the name of it.

McG194 wrote:
Not a problem. The problem is the amount I could kick his ass is way less than the amount he could kick my ass on a...
Not a problem.

It was called Parking Lot Jump during one broadcast by Emig, not for years…
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2745th
7/2/2022 7:13pm
Larocco did it mid-moto
Sully wrote:
He’s my hero
the :20s commercials before every video on here are insufferable. I'm all for Vital maxing out its profitability but it's annoying as hell on EVERY. SINGLE. VIDEO.

Carry on.
7/2/2022 7:19pm

McG194 wrote:
Not a problem.

yak651 wrote:
"By a lot of people" LOL nobody called it that
McG194
7/2/2022 8:33pm
McG194 wrote:
Not a problem.

yak651 wrote:
"By a lot of people" LOL nobody called it that
You are right, you have listened to every announcer and been to every race at Red Bud and read everything ever in print nobody called it that. I've haven't been boing there since 1990 and I never heard the track announcer call it the parking lot jump.

Why do people insist on arguing about dumb ass shit that doesn't matter? You are right, I am wrong.

Post a reply to: So, will the Leap be doable this year?

The Latest