So why was Coop talking smack before the last race?

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/9/2020 1:38pm
seth505 wrote:
While we're on the topic...

Reporter - "How was it out there Shane?"
Shane McElrath - "Gee, I don't know, Jesus took the wheel!"
GrinningGrinningGrinning

Sounds about right.
Wiff3
6/9/2020 5:31pm
KX500 wrote:
I would have to guess that this comment was aimed more at Roczen than Tomac - which one seems more fragile this year? Plus, you know...
I would have to guess that this comment was aimed more at Roczen than Tomac - which one seems more fragile this year?

Plus, you know Webb figures he will beat KR any time they line up. He also knows how good Tomac is & that he seems to win about half of the SX races he starts.

But you can't blame a guy for trying to convince you that he is going to beat you before the race starts. If that plants enough doubt in the your head, then it is a win - with almost no effort put in.

Trash talk happens in every sport.

And I'm fine with cocky, as long as you can back it up. Webb has a #1 plate & most of the time will beat everybody, except maybe Tomac.

Someone like Barcia - just no reason to be cocky.

Personally, though I do prefer the guy who feels no need for trash talk or being cocky - I'm going to beat you without playing any head games - I don't need them.

Comes down to the individuals personality I guess.

And as a Christian, the Bible is pretty clear on how we should talk. But, the Bible also says, that of all the things in the world, the tongue is one of the hardest to control.

oceantrav wrote:
I don’t know much about religion. But does the Bible specifically say your not allowed to use the “F” word? Was the F word around 2,000...
I don’t know much about religion. But does the Bible specifically say your not allowed to use the “F” word?

Was the F word around 2,000 years ago 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ozy wrote:
Cursing and cussing are two separate things. Cursing is trying to call down evil on someone. cussing is socially unacceptable language almost all of us use...
Cursing and cussing are two separate things. Cursing is trying to call down evil on someone. cussing is socially unacceptable language almost all of us use anyway. LOL!

I'm a Christian, but not a very good one. When I read what Cooper said . . . I didn't give a fuck Wink
Good stuff, I never really thought about it that way.

I really just like the fact that he is doing everything he can within the rules to win.
rileymx
6/9/2020 7:37pm
so webb was vocal about giving the championship contenders a fight, and tomac gave him back the fight and made him eat his own words, not settling for the comfortable 2º that many here advise him to do, à lá rc4 !!!!!!!........
we the fans got one of the best races of the year because of it, and vital is in discuss religion mode because webb said "mutherfuckers".........
its getting to a point where i gess i will get over guyb and click myself out of here, i am starting to not find the point of belonging to this kind of forum........
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
6/9/2020 7:59pm
mx 219 wrote:
I don't think being a Christian forces me to like or even root for Cooper Webb the racer. I don't hate the guy, just not a...
I don't think being a Christian forces me to like or even root for Cooper Webb the racer. I don't hate the guy, just not a big fan of his demeanor. If I met him in person I would try to get along with the guy.

The biggest thing I was trying to say, and you caught it, was certain words are used too frequently and they really aren't necessary. Especially when it's used by someone that claims to be a Christian.

I'm a Christian and am involved with our church in many levels. I swear from time to time, I started when I was young and have had a heck of a time stopping. And believe me, I've tried. We teach our kids its a lot easier if you never start than it is to stop. That said, let me explain something though. There are a lot of non-believers that are that way because they think Christians act and believe they are better than the non-believers. I tell people that church is for broken, non-perfect people as opposed to the perception of what they think people are that go to church. I don't like it that people show up for 1 hour on a Sunday morning "on best behavior" then go about the rest of their week as a different person. Its fake as hell. Quite honestly, when I hear a person who I know is a Christian swear, then I know they are being real, and not fake. I'm not saying Christians should run around swearing or popping off, nor do I think it is acceptable to cheat on their spouse, steal, etc. But my point is, God used good men who were pretty damn screwed up at the time to do miraculous things. They were REAL people. Heck David cut the balls off 100 Philistines and gave him to his future father in law as a way to prove his love and worthiness for his daughter. You gotta be pretty jacked up to do something like that. God loved him regardless of his faults.

Bringing this back on topic, as a Christian I have zero issue with Coop keeping things real. I know where his heart is at.

The Shop

str8line
6/9/2020 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2020 8:28pm
rileymx wrote:
so webb was vocal about giving the championship contenders a fight, and tomac gave him back the fight and made him eat his own words, not...
so webb was vocal about giving the championship contenders a fight, and tomac gave him back the fight and made him eat his own words, not settling for the comfortable 2º that many here advise him to do, à lá rc4 !!!!!!!........
we the fans got one of the best races of the year because of it, and vital is in discuss religion mode because webb said "mutherfuckers".........
its getting to a point where i gess i will get over guyb and click myself out of here, i am starting to not find the point of belonging to this kind of forum........
I think Vital is in religion mode because Cooper is in religion mode pointing up at God on the gate, then challenges the "motherfuckers". I don't have a problem with him challenging the motherfuckers, it's great stuff, but then the first words out of his mouth on the podium are thanking the Lord.
kkawboy14
6/9/2020 8:35pm
Christian means to be Christ like. Act like Christ would. I doubt Christ would be saying that kind of stuff.
Sawfish
6/9/2020 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2020 8:52pm
Has Cooper ever claimed to be denominationally “Christian”? Or are you Christians just trying to claim him so you can talk shit (I mean crap) on him?

Edit: Just delete this thread, dummy mods. If you’re going to pick and choose which posts to delete.
6/10/2020 5:15am
It's just a way for him to try and get into their heads. He talks about doing the same thing to Herlings in this video.

face biter
6/10/2020 6:11am
I think he was just playing around, and that maybe some people are reading too much in to a comment made by the drama llama during the broadcast.
peltier626
6/10/2020 6:48am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2020 7:57am
Man this thread went sour, it's intention wasn't evil or malicious. It's friendly competition and the smack talk to go along with it. I see nothing wrong with it. Yea I wouldn't talk to my 6 year old that way but the context it was used and whom it was between i'm ok with. Time to race, can't wait till tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kpiper
6/10/2020 7:54am
I think it is actually a way for him to fire himself up for the race. Kind of self-induced pressure. I like it! But it is true what some have said...if he is going to claim to be the good Christian he should actually do it.

I seriously doubt any of the other riders even pay attention to his ramblings though.

And it worked...he is hauling!
kpiper
6/10/2020 7:58am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2020 8:01am
And I think Shane deserves a break from the naysayers. Everyone is free to believe what they want and say what they want. No one should be shamed. He is a good guy and that is what we want. We should not ridicule him.

And for all you that criticize and make fun of him think about this. You have NO way of knowing if he is right or you are right. Zero. So maybe it is smarter what he is doing than what you are. No one can even explain how we are here let alone if his beliefs are accurate or not.

I like Shane. He is good for our sport.
KX500
6/10/2020 8:11am
kpiper wrote:
And I think Shane deserves a break from the naysayers. Everyone is free to believe what they want and say what they want. No one should...
And I think Shane deserves a break from the naysayers. Everyone is free to believe what they want and say what they want. No one should be shamed. He is a good guy and that is what we want. We should not ridicule him.

And for all you that criticize and make fun of him think about this. You have NO way of knowing if he is right or you are right. Zero. So maybe it is smarter what he is doing than what you are. No one can even explain how we are here let alone if his beliefs are accurate or not.

I like Shane. He is good for our sport.
Agree & good point!

If the atheists are right, a Christian didn't loose anything for trying to live a "Christ Like" life.

If the Christians are right, it won't work out to well for the atheists, in the end.
petef930
6/10/2020 8:52am
Crush wrote:
Daniel Blair reported Coop loudly said “you m-effers ready for a battle”, sitting on the line, bikes off, race before last. Apparently in response to something...
Daniel Blair reported Coop loudly said “you m-effers ready for a battle”, sitting on the line, bikes off, race before last.

Apparently in response to something. What did I miss?
Why wouldn’t he? Dudes getting ready to go.
petef930
6/10/2020 9:00am
tingo wrote:
Did you just call someone cocky? Are you not loving thy neighbor? See how this works? We're all free to like and dislike whomever we choose...
Did you just call someone cocky? Are you not loving thy neighbor? See how this works?

We're all free to like and dislike whomever we choose, even though it's not very Christian to do so. As for Tomac, in his post-race argument with Barcia (Atlanta, I think) he most definitely mentioned that he "doesn't give a shit." Iffy word choice, if you ask He. Never meet your heroes, as they say.

Now to agree with you: regardless of religion, I think the "F" word is way overused by many, and in my judgmental ears, makes people sound trashy as hell. I have zero problem with Cooper using it to rile up his competition, though. Sounds like it was a light-hearted jab as everyone sat on the line in relative silence. I don't even like the guy, but love that he did that.
mx 219 wrote:
I don't think being a Christian forces me to like or even root for Cooper Webb the racer. I don't hate the guy, just not a...
I don't think being a Christian forces me to like or even root for Cooper Webb the racer. I don't hate the guy, just not a big fan of his demeanor. If I met him in person I would try to get along with the guy.

The biggest thing I was trying to say, and you caught it, was certain words are used too frequently and they really aren't necessary. Especially when it's used by someone that claims to be a Christian.

Sawfish wrote:
Why can’t Christians say fuck? Asking for a friend.
The imaginary man will be upset
davistld01
6/10/2020 9:57am
Three things don't play on Vital.

1. Religion
2. Politics
3. Jeff Alessi
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
6/10/2020 11:49am
I sure hope Coop does the same thing tonight.

Post a reply to: So why was Coop talking smack before the last race?

The Latest