So why was Coop talking smack before the last race?

Crush
6/9/2020 3:17am
Daniel Blair reported Coop loudly said “you m-effers ready for a battle”, sitting on the line, bikes off, race before last.

Apparently in response to something. What did I miss?
|
tobz
6/9/2020 3:28am
I’ll hazard a guess and say it was an attempt to get himself pumped?

I thought on pulp they said it was from back in round 2.
Pink
6/9/2020 3:31am
Head games! Hype! Stirring the pot! Shaking things up! He has a reputation for saying a few things on the podium as well. I view it the same as talking shit on a construction site, makes the day go by faster.
6/9/2020 3:32am
tobz wrote:
I’ll hazard a guess and say it was an attempt to get himself pumped? I thought on pulp they said it was from back in round...

I think they meant SLC 2 not round 2.
Crush
6/9/2020 3:36am
I’d guess talking shit too but it’s been reported twice as almost retaliation for something. Enquiring minds and stuff...

The Shop

tobz
6/9/2020 3:36am
tobz wrote:
I’ll hazard a guess and say it was an attempt to get himself pumped? I thought on pulp they said it was from back in round...

Downunder wrote:
I think they meant SLC 2 not round 2.
Aha, well I stand by my guess that he’s trying to get himself pumped up. Atmosphere must be pretty sterile there without crowds, intros and flames.
6/9/2020 4:13am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2020 4:14am
It's what Jesus wants. John 8:32- And Jesus said, "before thine braapeth off, thou shall mock thine opponents, for within them lies the devil."
crowe176
6/9/2020 4:23am
I’d guess he’s trying to push Tomac into battling with him. Tomac could cruise this home to a championship. But he laid it all on the line Sunday to beat CW2. Maybe I’m wrong, but there were plenty of years RC cruised the second half of the series home to a championship.
DoctorJD
6/9/2020 4:27am
It's what Jesus wants. John 8:32- And Jesus said, "before thine braapeth off, thou shall mock thine opponents, for within them lies the devil."
You know, as a Christian, I want to be offended but.....damn that's funny. Sorry Jesus.
MohMoto14
6/9/2020 4:31am
crowe176 wrote:
I’d guess he’s trying to push Tomac into battling with him. Tomac could cruise this home to a championship. But he laid it all on the...
I’d guess he’s trying to push Tomac into battling with him. Tomac could cruise this home to a championship. But he laid it all on the line Sunday to beat CW2. Maybe I’m wrong, but there were plenty of years RC cruised the second half of the series home to a championship.
Rc cruising it home meant he only won by 10-15 sec instead of a minute
6/9/2020 4:35am
crowe176 wrote:
I’d guess he’s trying to push Tomac into battling with him. Tomac could cruise this home to a championship. But he laid it all on the...
MohMoto14 wrote:
Rc cruising it home meant he only won by 10-15 sec instead of a minute
This is referencing the last 6 rounds of the 2003 season where Reed waxed him.
Ricky was trying to win but had the points cushion to take 2nd every race.
TBH if Ricky needed to win I’m not sure he would of been able to- Reed was on it!
motomike137
6/9/2020 4:35am
It's the oldest trick in the book. Ask Mr Hannah.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
6/9/2020 5:03am
DoctorJD wrote:
You know, as a Christian, I want to be offended but.....damn that's funny. Sorry Jesus.
As a Christian, I don't think calling his opponents a "Mfer" is the best choice of words.

Most of you may find it awesome, but truly think about it if the guy claims to be a Christian, does that look like what a Christian would do? We all make mistakes and say and do things we shouldn't, but that to me is overboard for a Christian. I am a Christian.

I think the reason I like Tomac is he let's his riding do the talking, Webb does too but he's just too cocky for me.
NateDawg
6/9/2020 5:26am
Crush wrote:
I’d guess talking shit too but it’s been reported twice as almost retaliation for something. Enquiring minds and stuff...
It's a retaliation for that ass-whooping he's been getting all season.

In all seriousness, Cooper knows his only chance is to get into Tomac's head and force him into a massive mistake.
DoctorJD
6/9/2020 5:27am
DoctorJD wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
As a Christian, I don't think calling his opponents a "Mfer" is the best choice of words. Most of you may find it awesome, but truly...
As a Christian, I don't think calling his opponents a "Mfer" is the best choice of words.

Most of you may find it awesome, but truly think about it if the guy claims to be a Christian, does that look like what a Christian would do? We all make mistakes and say and do things we shouldn't, but that to me is overboard for a Christian. I am a Christian.

I think the reason I like Tomac is he let's his riding do the talking, Webb does too but he's just too cocky for me.
I think Frank Tuesday's post was a commentary on hypocrisy. That's why I thought it was funny. Because it would be true. I may be overthinking this.
tingo
6/9/2020 5:35am
DoctorJD wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
As a Christian, I don't think calling his opponents a "Mfer" is the best choice of words. Most of you may find it awesome, but truly...

Did you just call someone cocky? Are you not loving thy neighbor? See how this works?

We're all free to like and dislike whomever we choose, even though it's not very Christian to do so. As for Tomac, in his post-race argument with Barcia (Atlanta, I think) he most definitely mentioned that he "doesn't give a shit." Iffy word choice, if you ask He. Never meet your heroes, as they say.

Now to agree with you: regardless of religion, I think the "F" word is way overused by many, and in my judgmental ears, makes people sound trashy as hell. I have zero problem with Cooper using it to rile up his competition, though. Sounds like it was a light-hearted jab as everyone sat on the line in relative silence. I don't even like the guy, but love that he did that.
Question
6/9/2020 5:42am
Crush wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
It's a retaliation for that ass-whooping he's been getting all season. In all seriousness, Cooper knows his only chance is to get into Tomac's head and...
It's a retaliation for that ass-whooping he's been getting all season.

In all seriousness, Cooper knows his only chance is to get into Tomac's head and force him into a massive mistake.

Which could have happened, especially in a mudder.

It was a 29 points gap after round 12, so last race could have brought Webb within the 10 points gap if Tomac had bent a wheel, a front disk, a radiator, fried the clutch or blown some spokes in a contact like Anderson did in 2018.

They have been really playful. With 4 races to go and quite a big gap on both Webb and Roczen now, I think it is time to bring it home.
6/9/2020 5:52am
DoctorJD wrote:
I think Frank Tuesday's post was a commentary on hypocrisy. That's why I thought it was funny. Because it would be true. I may be overthinking...
I think Frank Tuesday's post was a commentary on hypocrisy. That's why I thought it was funny. Because it would be true. I may be overthinking this.
Definitely a comment on hipocrisy.
6/9/2020 5:56am
He is trying to rattle Tomac into making a mistake. He needs him to DNF in order to have a shot at the title. I like it!
Mossy
6/9/2020 6:06am
DoctorJD wrote:
mx 219 wrote:

tingo wrote:
Did you just call someone cocky? Are you not loving thy neighbor? See how this works? We're all free to like and dislike whomever we choose...
Did you just call someone cocky? Are you not loving thy neighbor? See how this works?

We're all free to like and dislike whomever we choose, even though it's not very Christian to do so. As for Tomac, in his post-race argument with Barcia (Atlanta, I think) he most definitely mentioned that he "doesn't give a shit." Iffy word choice, if you ask He. Never meet your heroes, as they say.

Now to agree with you: regardless of religion, I think the "F" word is way overused by many, and in my judgmental ears, makes people sound trashy as hell. I have zero problem with Cooper using it to rile up his competition, though. Sounds like it was a light-hearted jab as everyone sat on the line in relative silence. I don't even like the guy, but love that he did that.
The lord sees and hears all Wink have a good day Whistling
6/9/2020 6:23am
Maybe Eli asked him that when he was on Blu Cru and he has been waiting this whole time to pay him back LOLOLOL
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
6/9/2020 6:39am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2020 6:41am
DoctorJD wrote:
mx 219 wrote:

tingo wrote:
Did you just call someone cocky? Are you not loving thy neighbor? See how this works? We're all free to like and dislike whomever we choose...

I don't think being a Christian forces me to like or even root for Cooper Webb the racer. I don't hate the guy, just not a big fan of his demeanor. If I met him in person I would try to get along with the guy.

The biggest thing I was trying to say, and you caught it, was certain words are used too frequently and they really aren't necessary. Especially when it's used by someone that claims to be a Christian.

peltier626
6/9/2020 6:49am
That's some funny stuff. It's good to have opposing personalities, it elevates competition and brings some excitement to the rivalry. I think it was light hearted and meant to stir the pot and get everyone riled up to send 200 pounds of steel 75' in the air with a skeleton attached.
TeamGreen
6/9/2020 7:23am
I think he was being funny...and I'm guessing a few people laughed.
DanielMode
6/9/2020 7:51am
its like walking into a pool hall and scream straight out
who likes to gamble.?
just making noise to scare everyone Evil
SEE ARE125
6/9/2020 7:51am
It’s what Cooper does. He did it to Herlings at the Charlotte GP. Herlings won the 1st moto, then Cooper said while on the line for the 2nd moto he talked some shit to Herlings and he could tell by Herlings face that he had him beat before the gate even dropped. We all know what happened the 2nd moto.
KX500
6/9/2020 8:16am
I would have to guess that this comment was aimed more at Roczen than Tomac - which one seems more fragile this year?

Plus, you know Webb figures he will beat KR any time they line up. He also knows how good Tomac is & that he seems to win about half of the SX races he starts.

But you can't blame a guy for trying to convince you that he is going to beat you before the race starts. If that plants enough doubt in the your head, then it is a win - with almost no effort put in.

Trash talk happens in every sport.

And I'm fine with cocky, as long as you can back it up. Webb has a #1 plate & most of the time will beat everybody, except maybe Tomac.

Someone like Barcia - just no reason to be cocky.

Personally, though I do prefer the guy who feels no need for trash talk or being cocky - I'm going to beat you without playing any head games - I don't need them.

Comes down to the individuals personality I guess.

And as a Christian, the Bible is pretty clear on how we should talk. But, the Bible also says, that of all the things in the world, the tongue is one of the hardest to control.

kpiper
6/9/2020 8:17am
I agree that people cuss too much. They think doing that makes them sound cool or tough. To me, it makes them sound stupid and weak.

Webb's only hope is making Tomac screw up. Don't think the trash talk bothers ET one bit BUT Webb coming back on him in the last race does. Hence, Eli fighting so hard to get the win.

Ricky was practically begging Eli to just take second place but Eli was having none of that. Have to love that but he will need to be a bit more careful these last four races.

Webb will be trying to force an error or another battle like that last one where a big mistake could easily happen when they are so close to each other.
KX500
6/9/2020 8:34am
I did notice that during the interviews, when Tomac was asked about - shouldn't you have backed it down & taken 2nd - his reply was basically, I was in control, not riding too sketchy, no reason to back it down, might have been worse to be cautious.

Webb did Not chime in and say - Oh yeah, I was totally in control too.....
duckdog77
6/9/2020 8:35am
We talk more crap to each other in our Sunday beer league hockey games than these guys do...who are at the top of their game, more competitive than most, and banging bars week in and week out. Also some of which have had rivalries that go back to the mini days. How there isn’t more bad blood than there is truly is a miracle.

Personally I love hearing it. I loved the Tomac/Barcia bit from earlier this season as well.

Never been a fan of Cooper but looking at his commentary mixed with his fight and will to win he’s starting to rub off on me. He’s a competitor. He doesn’t seem to care about making friends, he just wants to work hard and win. To do so you have to have a little fire in you. When you lose that fire, you settle. When you settle, you lose.
rileymx
6/9/2020 8:36am
this place is getting lamer by the minute.........
just because a guy, who is in 3º, wants to go out and fight for the championship it makes vital have 2 topic about what he was doing, and what he said, and the meaning of his words, and this, and that !!!!!!!! fuck......this was once a place for moto people to talk about moto.......

Post a reply to: So why was Coop talking smack before the last race?

The Latest