So who here going to the USGP?

edgo897
8/23/2017 5:23pm
I bailed and got a refund. It was all about Gatorback for me. Butt I just got out of the hospital with an emergency hip replacement. I had it replaced in December and it developed and infection. Got all new hardware Monday that has antibiotic glue. It come out in two months and a permanent hip goes it. Got lucky with the refund since there's no way I can go. Enjoy the event.
8/23/2017 6:02pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
I'm going with my two adult children. Flying from California.
Glen Helen would have been easier but good to see new tracks.
I like this! Awesome!
RNagy052
8/23/2017 6:56pm
It's only 10 miles from my house so I am going to make the trip. Plan on racing there on Friday, then I'll go back there on Sunday to watch the Pro race
2thefront
8/23/2017 7:47pm
I hate to sound like a complainer, but the ticket prices for the nationals/USGP are insane. If I want in the pits it's 75.83 for a general admission ticket! That means no seating and no shade and using a port a potty.

For comparison sake, I can attend the F1 USGP with a GA ticket for $109 that comes with basic facilities. That's to see the absolute pinacle of motorsport in the world who think their $#*^ dont stink!

On the same day as the MXGP, I can go to one of the most prestigious Nascar races in Darlington and get in for $55 and have a seat and facilities to use.

Even SX you can get in for less and get more for it.

The Shop

brlatm
8/24/2017 6:04am
I will be there with my 19yr old. Father/Son weekend of dirt bikes and fun as he steps off to college for his first year. Really looking forward to it.
endo
8/24/2017 6:25am

I'm thinkin' about it...
8/24/2017 7:02am
OldTiddler wrote:
I'm on the fence about going. I'm not sure how good the track is for spectating...
will be plenty of places to watch from! will be a great event!!
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
8/24/2017 9:14am
Always wanted to check this track out and always wanted to see the gp guys live. I have followed the GPs since i was young so really happy for this opportunity. Hope to see some of you out there enjoying some good racing.
Wife and I are going to be there Friday, Saturday Sunday. Got a room at the beach so 50 plus minute drive but that is not a problem. Just had an expo for last 5 days on Daytona beach and 3 years in a row no waves. I'm just home now for a week then back on the beach in Jax for some moto and hopefully some surf. I'm going to need a vacation after all these good times. Tongue
Squirtlege
8/24/2017 9:23am
I'll be there... w/ my camelback full of wombat sauce, RAGING!
gharmon
8/24/2017 10:23am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2017 10:27am
2thefront wrote:
I hate to sound like a complainer, but the ticket prices for the nationals/USGP are insane. If I want in the pits it's 75.83 for a...
I hate to sound like a complainer, but the ticket prices for the nationals/USGP are insane. If I want in the pits it's 75.83 for a general admission ticket! That means no seating and no shade and using a port a potty.

For comparison sake, I can attend the F1 USGP with a GA ticket for $109 that comes with basic facilities. That's to see the absolute pinacle of motorsport in the world who think their $#*^ dont stink!

On the same day as the MXGP, I can go to one of the most prestigious Nascar races in Darlington and get in for $55 and have a seat and facilities to use.

A dude that whines about a portapotty. As many of these as we have to us in this country (fairs, mx, carnivals, etc) you want to complain about a fucking shitter, forreal? No, I don't really love them but I can just about hold me breath as long as it takes to piss.. geez

BTW will the racing having glasses for the little guys? My grandson is on 65's and a 50. Is there a series that hosts races at this facility so I can check out their site?
2thefront
8/24/2017 10:45am
2thefront wrote:
I hate to sound like a complainer, but the ticket prices for the nationals/USGP are insane. If I want in the pits it's 75.83 for a...

gharmon wrote:
A dude that whines about a portapotty. As many of these as we have to us in this country (fairs, mx, carnivals, etc) you want to...
A dude that whines about a portapotty. As many of these as we have to us in this country (fairs, mx, carnivals, etc) you want to complain about a fucking shitter, forreal? No, I don't really love them but I can just about hold me breath as long as it takes to piss.. geez

BTW will the racing having glasses for the little guys? My grandson is on 65's and a 50. Is there a series that hosts races at this facility so I can check out their site?
Well, good job missing the point.

I have no problem using a port-a-potty, it just seems a bit of a rip off to pay almost $80 to go to a race that only has them as an option when I can go to "bigger" forms of motorsports for cheaper or similar that have the facilities to warrant the price.
PastranaWho
8/24/2017 10:50am
2thefront wrote:

gharmon wrote:
A dude that whines about a portapotty. As many of these as we have to us in this country (fairs, mx, carnivals, etc) you want to...

2thefront wrote:
Well, good job missing the point. I have no problem using a port-a-potty, it just seems a bit of a rip off to pay almost $80...

I have no problem using a port-a-potty, it just seems a bit of a rip off to pay almost $80 to go to a race that only has them as an option when I can go to "bigger" forms of motorsports for cheaper or similar that have the facilities to warrant the price.
Dont get sand in your gina.
tingo
8/24/2017 11:22am
2thefront wrote:
Well, good job missing the point. I have no problem using a port-a-potty, it just seems a bit of a rip off to pay almost $80...

How else do you think they can afford the huge purse money they pay out to the riders? Oh.....wait.

Anyhow, I'm excited that FL is finally getting a pro outdoor race (Daytona doesn't count), even if it is that other series. Here's to hoping we get a National down here at some point.
Tvol112
8/24/2017 12:44pm
Are tickets for GP at WW the same price at the gate on Sunday? And is there a promo code for just a Sunday ticket?
RonJon
8/24/2017 1:19pm
Was out there today. The track looks great and they are making a ton of upgrades to make it more spectator friendly.
8/24/2017 1:35pm
RonJon wrote:
Was out there today. The track looks great and they are making a ton of upgrades to make it more spectator friendly.
I will try and get over there tomorrow and get some pictures for my vital bros.
gharmon
8/24/2017 2:21pm
We are coming down and I think there will be 7-8 of us so whats that now like 20 of us. I expect a spot on the fench line with an easy-up!! lol
motomad724
Fantasy
1036th
8/24/2017 2:52pm
gharmon wrote:
We are coming down and I think there will be 7-8 of us so whats that now like 20 of us. I expect a spot on...
We are coming down and I think there will be 7-8 of us so whats that now like 20 of us. I expect a spot on the fench line with an easy-up!! lol
I didn't include the total of 4 (not me alone trekking from the north) so up to 23. We'll be looking for that easy-up
Post pics HarryB!
Jim31
8/24/2017 6:32pm
I will be there with 2 friends in motor home. That's 3 more!!!
8/25/2017 4:27am
gharmon wrote:
We are coming down and I think there will be 7-8 of us so whats that now like 20 of us. I expect a spot on...
motomad724 wrote:
I didn't include the total of 4 (not me alone trekking from the north) so up to 23. We'll be looking for that easy-up Post pics...
I didn't include the total of 4 (not me alone trekking from the north) so up to 23. We'll be looking for that easy-up
Post pics HarryB!
I spoke to Junior yesterday after I posted the above. He's not sure Wyn will let me take any pictures, but he said to ask first. I'm heading to the track in about 2 hours. I'll make a report - with or without pictures - when I return. We got hammered last evening by rain. I live 5 miles from the track, so I imagine things are pretty sloppy there as that was a wide-spread storm that covered the whole Westside and all the way up into Nassau County.
8/25/2017 4:32am
Jim31 wrote:
I will be there with 2 friends in motor home. That's 3 more!!!
Exactly. My family is going and so are two close friends. We're all in the VIP section. I'll be wearing an ET3 shirt. Guys that have Vital T-Shirts should wear them so we can find each other. Another option is I can look for an easily identifiable spot today when I'm there and we can set a time to meet up. Still another option is; if you want my address, PM me and I'll send it. We can meet up here and caravan.

Whoa...think of that. A Vital Brain Trust Caravan (VBTC).
brlatm
8/25/2017 7:33am
Exactly. My family is going and so are two close friends. We're all in the VIP section. I'll be wearing an ET3 shirt. Guys that have...
Exactly. My family is going and so are two close friends. We're all in the VIP section. I'll be wearing an ET3 shirt. Guys that have Vital T-Shirts should wear them so we can find each other. Another option is I can look for an easily identifiable spot today when I'm there and we can set a time to meet up. Still another option is; if you want my address, PM me and I'll send it. We can meet up here and caravan.

Hey HarryBro, you in the SkyBox or regular VIP section. I see the SkyBox is sold-out, so I think we will do the VIP. No Vital shirt for me.
8/25/2017 1:10pm
Exactly. My family is going and so are two close friends. We're all in the VIP section. I'll be wearing an ET3 shirt. Guys that have...

brlatm wrote:
Hey HarryBro, you in the SkyBox or regular VIP section. I see the SkyBox is sold-out, so I think we will do the VIP. No Vital...
Hey HarryBro, you in the SkyBox or regular VIP section. I see the SkyBox is sold-out, so I think we will do the VIP. No Vital shirt for me.
Skybox, sir.

Here is my report. It sucks, so if you're not interested, feel free to move on and I don't blame you. I arrived at 1030 and parked near the office.

I went into the office and attempted to make contact. No one replied to my, "Anybody home?" shouts. So, my dog and I walked out of the office and headed for the track. There were many people walking around the track and at least two tractors working on the track. There were several guys putting sod on the side of the jumps that are closest to the front of the track.

I noticed a group of five guys walking around the start area and talking. One of them looked a lot like Shaun Simpson. If it wasn't Shaun, then I will be surprised. This person was in shape and had a beard. He also had a Scottish accent. However, having never seen Shaun in person, I have no real idea if it was him.

In spite of the rain yesterday, the track looked pretty decent. I was never able to find Junior or anybody I know. Having never met Wyn Kern, I would not know him if I saw him. Therefore, I was unable to ask about taking pictures. Even though it seemed like no big deal to me, I refrained. I gave my word to Junior I would ask before doing so and that is pretty much that.

I was never approached by anyone while there. There were already campers in the camping area, but still plenty of hook-ups for campers available. I would imagine they are all reserved, however.

Another thing I noticed were a bunch of pallets with metal...scaffolding...or at least I think that is what it was. It was all stacked up on the start straight. It looked like a lot of work to get it there and even more work will be required to set it up. Grandstand seats? I don't know, but it was a lot of metal.

So, like I said, not much of a report. I did not notice any new tunnels going under the track for infield spectating. That does not mean they do not exist, but I did not see them. You have to keep in mind that WW is a huge track and facility. Just walking from the office to the track - a distance of around 200 yards - worked me and the dog into a pretty good sweat. As noted before, Jacksonville's humidity must be experienced to fully understand.

See you all at the race!
Rupert X
8/25/2017 4:41pm
(AP) New York. Sources are now saying that it's true, Rupert X shall attend the USGP in Florida. According to his manager, Sammy, the timing was right for Rupert to lend his talents and, add some distinguished pomp-to this much ballyhooed dirt bike contest. " I've decided my lighter-than-usual schedule permits an occasion for me to attend this gala affair, and, perhaps take a few snapshots and notes of the merry ordeal, I do hope things are prepared proper for my arrival and, I'm treated with the respect and adoration, that a distinguished fellow warrants..."

8/25/2017 5:21pm
Rupert X wrote:
(AP) New York. Sources are now saying that it's true, Rupert X shall attend the USGP in Florida. According to his manager, Sammy, the timing was...
(AP) New York. Sources are now saying that it's true, Rupert X shall attend the USGP in Florida. According to his manager, Sammy, the timing was right for Rupert to lend his talents and, add some distinguished pomp-to this much ballyhooed dirt bike contest. " I've decided my lighter-than-usual schedule permits an occasion for me to attend this gala affair, and, perhaps take a few snapshots and notes of the merry ordeal, I do hope things are prepared proper for my arrival and, I'm treated with the respect and adoration, that a distinguished fellow warrants..."

Most excellent, Rupert!

Here is an official offer to any of you that have ever acknowledged me and that I somewhat know, without ever having actually met. I have an open half a house to share with a queen bed and a private bath. I also have a very nice, brand new camper. In other words, we have room for two couples. If you stay in the camper you can use the bathroom, but since I don't have a sewage hook up, you can't drop a greasy deuce in there. #1 no problem, but for the deuce you'll have to come inside.

So, there you have it. First PM gets the bedroom and bath. We have a split bedroom house, so that half of the house is very private. The camper is also private, but no deuce dropping allowed. You are truly welcome, and it is no problem for us to accommodate you. The price is zero.
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
8/25/2017 6:10pm
Skybox, sir. Here is my report. It sucks, so if you're not interested, feel free to move on and I don't blame you. I arrived at...
Skybox, sir.

Here is my report. It sucks, so if you're not interested, feel free to move on and I don't blame you. I arrived at 1030 and parked near the office.

I went into the office and attempted to make contact. No one replied to my, "Anybody home?" shouts. So, my dog and I walked out of the office and headed for the track. There were many people walking around the track and at least two tractors working on the track. There were several guys putting sod on the side of the jumps that are closest to the front of the track.

I noticed a group of five guys walking around the start area and talking. One of them looked a lot like Shaun Simpson. If it wasn't Shaun, then I will be surprised. This person was in shape and had a beard. He also had a Scottish accent. However, having never seen Shaun in person, I have no real idea if it was him.

In spite of the rain yesterday, the track looked pretty decent. I was never able to find Junior or anybody I know. Having never met Wyn Kern, I would not know him if I saw him. Therefore, I was unable to ask about taking pictures. Even though it seemed like no big deal to me, I refrained. I gave my word to Junior I would ask before doing so and that is pretty much that.

I was never approached by anyone while there. There were already campers in the camping area, but still plenty of hook-ups for campers available. I would imagine they are all reserved, however.

Another thing I noticed were a bunch of pallets with metal...scaffolding...or at least I think that is what it was. It was all stacked up on the start straight. It looked like a lot of work to get it there and even more work will be required to set it up. Grandstand seats? I don't know, but it was a lot of metal.

So, like I said, not much of a report. I did not notice any new tunnels going under the track for infield spectating. That does not mean they do not exist, but I did not see them. You have to keep in mind that WW is a huge track and facility. Just walking from the office to the track - a distance of around 200 yards - worked me and the dog into a pretty good sweat. As noted before, Jacksonville's humidity must be experienced to fully understand.

See you all at the race!
The metal scaffolding is probably for the pit lane tower or the monster VIP/podium tower. The GP series has some awesome ideas when it comes to being professional look.
Rupert X
8/26/2017 5:07am
Rupert X wrote:
(AP) New York. Sources are now saying that it's true, Rupert X shall attend the USGP in Florida. According to his manager, Sammy, the timing was...

Most excellent, Rupert! Here is an official offer to any of you that have ever acknowledged me and that I somewhat know, without ever having actually...
Most excellent, Rupert!

Here is an official offer to any of you that have ever acknowledged me and that I somewhat know, without ever having actually met. I have an open half a house to share with a queen bed and a private bath. I also have a very nice, brand new camper. In other words, we have room for two couples. If you stay in the camper you can use the bathroom, but since I don't have a sewage hook up, you can't drop a greasy deuce in there. #1 no problem, but for the deuce you'll have to come inside.

So, there you have it. First PM gets the bedroom and bath. We have a split bedroom house, so that half of the house is very private. The camper is also private, but no deuce dropping allowed. You are truly welcome, and it is no problem for us to accommodate you. The price is zero.
Very kind of you , sir. I believe we have lavish accommodations arranged. See you there !

8/28/2017 10:05am
I just heard all the VIP tickets are sold out. I did not actually verify it myself, but a friend just looked into buying a couple and he said they were sold out.
8/29/2017 7:40pm
I just heard all the VIP tickets are sold out. I did not actually verify it myself, but a friend just looked into buying a couple...
I just heard all the VIP tickets are sold out. I did not actually verify it myself, but a friend just looked into buying a couple and he said they were sold out.
There are still "Club tickets" available though. That is "private premier viewing area". I'm a little worried though, as I'll be pushing around in a wheelchair. My luck I'll get there and it's seating that I have to climb stairs to get to. Woohoo
ledger
8/29/2017 8:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2017 10:42am
Edit.

Post a reply to: So who here going to the USGP?

The Latest