So, what happened to Jeffro?

newmann
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2017 6:27pm
Half of Vital is over in Non Moto advising 18 year olds on the proper way to do acid but Jeffro is gone over his potty mouth? What did I miss?
|
slipdog
5/3/2017 9:54am
Non moto?

Never heard of her!
newmann
5/3/2017 9:56am
slipdog wrote:
Non moto?

Never heard of her!
I said Non Moto, not Home Page.
mxb2
5/3/2017 10:03am
newmann wrote:
Half of Vital is over in Non Moto advising 18 year olds on the proper way to do acid but Jeffro is gone over his potty...
Half of Vital is over in Non Moto advising 18 year olds on the proper way to do acid but Jeffro is gone over his potty mouth? What did I miss?
Awesome let's promote illegal stuff. Lol.
Katoomey
5/3/2017 10:03am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 10:04am
newmann wrote:
Half of Vital is over in Non Moto advising 18 year olds on the proper way to do acid but Jeffro is gone over his potty...
half? well, I'm not over there, so I guess that means you're one of the guys with acid advice. Wink

anywho, Jeffro wished harm upon someone else. he didn't threaten them, he just wished for their decapitation or something like that.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/3/2017 10:05am
newmann wrote:
No, Jeffro got baited into making a threat against a troll here, and is sitting on the sidelines taking a break.

Newmann, you know I am pretty adamant about no politics and religion in Non-Moto, but you generally still get pissy if I delete it. Should I police other stuff, too? Which stuff? Drugs? (That was a thread where someone was asking for advice regarding his girlfriend.) How about guns?
huck
5/3/2017 10:10am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 10:13am
newmann wrote:
GuyB wrote:
No, Jeffro got baited into making a threat against a troll here, and is sitting on the sidelines taking a break. Newmann, you know I am...
No, Jeffro got baited into making a threat against a troll here, and is sitting on the sidelines taking a break.

Newmann, you know I am pretty adamant about no politics and religion in Non-Moto, but you generally still get pissy if I delete it. Should I police other stuff, too? Which stuff? Drugs? (That was a thread where someone was asking for advice regarding his girlfriend.) How about guns?
Never mind...no dog in this one....
agn5009
5/3/2017 10:14am
newmann wrote:
GuyB wrote:
No, Jeffro got baited into making a threat against a troll here, and is sitting on the sidelines taking a break. Newmann, you know I am...

I would think telling an 18 year old that it's cool and beneficial to do acid would be a no no. I know he was asking advice and I'm glad the kid seemed to have a good head on his shoulders but some guys got a little outta hand. I understand telling him that if he was going to do it or his girlfriend was going to do be sure to do it safely, but flat out telling him to do it was a little excessive.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/3/2017 10:17am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 10:24am
huck wrote:
Never mind...no dog in this one....
Huck's original post... "Illegal drugs and legal guns. Not sure what the comparison is...."

Yes you do, you just like playing devil's advocate on any (every?) issue.

The comparison is, what one person finds offensive is someone else's dream topic. Which one do we delete? How far do we let things go before trying to rein it in? It's all part of the "fun" of trying to maintain order, while not completely killing what people want to talk about.

Jeffro and I have talked. He knows why he's out, and he'll be back.

We're also working to try and rein in more of the troll accounts, and make it less fun for them to hang around.
newmann
5/3/2017 10:17am
newmann wrote:
GuyB wrote:

Me pissy?Smile Jeffro gets baited into things from time to time, but he was just helping the lost troll find his way in that thread. You have to admit that the troll level around here lately has been elevated lately. Jeffro added the black.

aeffertz
5/3/2017 10:24am
Jeffro was arguing with someone on here, the troll made a "yo momma" joke towards jeffro and jeffro said:

"Oh and JB....since I know you're reading this...I hope someone puts a bullet in your head. Do the rest of the planet a favor and do it yourself you piece of shit."

So he's been put in time out.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/3/2017 10:26am
agn5009 wrote:
I would think telling an 18 year old that it's cool and beneficial to do acid would be a no no. I know he was asking...
I would think telling an 18 year old that it's cool and beneficial to do acid would be a no no. I know he was asking advice and I'm glad the kid seemed to have a good head on his shoulders but some guys got a little outta hand. I understand telling him that if he was going to do it or his girlfriend was going to do be sure to do it safely, but flat out telling him to do it was a little excessive.
Pick any topic, and you're going to get some good and bad advice. The OP who asked the question there seems to have a solid handle on which is which.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/3/2017 10:27am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 10:27am
aeffertz wrote:
Jeffro was arguing with someone on here, the troll made a "yo momma" joke towards jeffro and jeffro said: "Oh and JB....since I know you're reading...
Jeffro was arguing with someone on here, the troll made a "yo momma" joke towards jeffro and jeffro said:

"Oh and JB....since I know you're reading this...I hope someone puts a bullet in your head. Do the rest of the planet a favor and do it yourself you piece of shit."

So he's been put in time out.
You are correct, sir.

I'm also moving this to Non-Moto, which is where it should have been in the first place.
huck
5/3/2017 10:31am
GuyB wrote:
Huck's original post... "Illegal drugs and legal guns. Not sure what the comparison is...." Yes you do, you just like playing devil's advocate on any (every?)...
Huck's original post... "Illegal drugs and legal guns. Not sure what the comparison is...."

Yes you do, you just like playing devil's advocate on any (every?) issue.

The comparison is, what one person finds offensive is someone else's dream topic. Which one do we delete? How far do we let things go before trying to rein it in? It's all part of the "fun" of trying to maintain order, while not completely killing what people want to talk about.

Jeffro and I have talked. He knows why he's out, and he'll be back.

We're also working to try and rein in more of the troll accounts, and make it less fun for them to hang around.
Obviously I don't, which is why I deleted my comment. And at the end of the day, our opinions don't really matter, as you'll delete/not delete whatever you want...which is another reason I deleted my comment. I don't envy you or wish I was the one making those decisions.

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/3/2017 10:42am
I wonder where more clicks occur; "moto" or "non-moto"?
Moto.
TXDirt
5/3/2017 10:44am
The worst posters are those who want a thread shut down because they don't agree with the topic. Legal or illegal. That acid thread is a very good thread with lots of quality debate and posts. To think it should be removed because you may not agree with it or because it's illegal is completely stupid. Go be a crossing guard somewhere else.

Shame folks are still trying to sensor others. Thank you GuyB for letting that thread stay.

This is a community of dirt bikers. And we are just a subset of society. So therefore we also share the same mistakes, trials, and tribulations as any other group of people.

Sometimes it's nice to get out of the repetitive Moto threads where no one is really listening to anyone else anyways and discuss other things going on in life with our fellow dirtbikers.
akillerwombat
5/3/2017 10:55am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 11:00am
TXDirt wrote:
The worst posters are those who want a thread shut down because they don't agree with the topic. Legal or illegal. That acid thread is a...
The worst posters are those who want a thread shut down because they don't agree with the topic. Legal or illegal. That acid thread is a very good thread with lots of quality debate and posts. To think it should be removed because you may not agree with it or because it's illegal is completely stupid. Go be a crossing guard somewhere else.

Shame folks are still trying to sensor others. Thank you GuyB for letting that thread stay.

This is a community of dirt bikers. And we are just a subset of society. So therefore we also share the same mistakes, trials, and tribulations as any other group of people.

Sometimes it's nice to get out of the repetitive Moto threads where no one is really listening to anyone else anyways and discuss other things going on in life with our fellow dirtbikers.
Not sure I've ever agreed with you more.

One persons (who has been shunned) comes to mind. Anytime something isn't going his way he rapidly posts political memes to kill the thread. It's a huge bummer because hidden in many of these threads are some killer back and forth's on some fun topics.
XXVoid MainXX
5/3/2017 11:11am
Or you could just not delete anything and make everyone an admin. Oh wait, that was tried.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/3/2017 11:43am
Or you could just not delete anything and make everyone an admin. Oh wait, that was tried.
We definitely haven't tried making everyone an admin. Smile
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/3/2017 11:47am
How about repeat offenders?
I definitely have less patience with people who are just here to raise a ruckus.

We had one user last week who was trolling, admitted to trolling, and wanted things to run his way. Unfortunately, I was out of town on a mini-vacation, and didn't spot him as quickly as I should have. Eventually he was handled, but not before he caused a little havoc.

If I'd gotten an email from someone suggesting that I should have a look at him (with a link to what they're talking about), it could have been handled much earlier.

I did get one that said, "Hey, did you see what this guy is saying about you?" That's minimally helpful, but it also sends me down a rabbit hole through multiple threads trying to find what he's talking about.
huck
5/3/2017 11:56am
How about repeat offenders?
GuyB wrote:
I definitely have less patience with people who are just here to raise a ruckus. We had one user last week who was trolling, admitted to...
I definitely have less patience with people who are just here to raise a ruckus.

We had one user last week who was trolling, admitted to trolling, and wanted things to run his way. Unfortunately, I was out of town on a mini-vacation, and didn't spot him as quickly as I should have. Eventually he was handled, but not before he caused a little havoc.

If I'd gotten an email from someone suggesting that I should have a look at him (with a link to what they're talking about), it could have been handled much earlier.

I did get one that said, "Hey, did you see what this guy is saying about you?" That's minimally helpful, but it also sends me down a rabbit hole through multiple threads trying to find what he's talking about.
We'd crash your server if we sent you emails every time somebody was talking about you... Wink
XXVoid MainXX
5/3/2017 12:14pm
GuyB wrote:
We definitely haven't tried making everyone an admin. Smile
Sorry, I should have said it was tried at another board. huck ruined that for everyone else as well which should have been expected. Wink
agn5009
5/3/2017 4:35pm
agn5009 wrote:
I would think telling an 18 year old that it's cool and beneficial to do acid would be a no no. I know he was asking...
GuyB wrote:
Pick any topic, and you're going to get some good and bad advice. The OP who asked the question there seems to have a solid handle...
Pick any topic, and you're going to get some good and bad advice. The OP who asked the question there seems to have a solid handle on which is which.
True. And he does, thankfully. You guys do a good job here and I shouldn't complain.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/3/2017 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 8:18pm
Nighttrain wrote:
That's one of my favorite vid clips and a perfect satire of Saturday nights on freelenny.com. Fun times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ZxknCZ_Tw&feature=share
How, on God's green earth, did I not know about that video? Epic! May have to borrow that one!

Russky roll, perhaps? You've all been forewarned.
Nighttrain
5/3/2017 9:13pm
kzizok wrote:
How, on God's green earth, did I not know about that video? Epic! May have to borrow that one! Russky roll, perhaps? You've all been forewarned.
How, on God's green earth, did I not know about that video? Epic! May have to borrow that one!

The Russian guy humming was posted with the "closed for business" message by the zoo keeper of freelenny.com when the plug was pulled on the site. I loved
It. Played it in the car, around the house, everywhere. So much the Warden and sons would beg it turned off because it creeped them out. Hilarious.
Hut
5/3/2017 9:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 9:26pm
kzizok wrote:
How, on God's green earth, did I not know about that video? Epic! May have to borrow that one! Russky roll, perhaps? You've all been forewarned.

"trollol" I seen a 10 hour loop of it one time. Laughing

#freejeffro

Post a reply to: So, what happened to Jeffro?

The Latest