So what exactly happened to Eli?

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 9/10/2012 12:58am
I went back 3 pages here and didn't see anything , so I thought I would ask.

Wasn't sure if he really over heated or if he possibly got hit with some bad roost or something? Either way....he put in a hell of a ride in both moto's.

Bummed me out they didn't interview him. Sure he is a little bummed about the race , but the dude has nothing to be ashamed of for the way he rode this season. He put in one hell of a late season charge and kept Bagget honest.
|
chrisbuehler
9/9/2012 10:13am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2012 10:14am
I think he put everything he had into that one lap to catch Blake and hit the wall. Kudo's to Blake for leading the championship from start to finish but I think Eli showed he's every bit as fast outdoors despite being prob 20-30lbs heavier. Eli yards him indoors and his time will come on the 450.
Hando
9/9/2012 10:16am
I'm a bigger Tomac fan after that charge he put in...this kid will make waves in the big bike class, you heard it here first!
joltonjay
9/9/2012 10:16am
1st lap 2nd moto he crashed right in front of us. He was coming out of the corner in a rut with a kicker in it and he highsided with a face implant. He got up right away but he might of been a little dazed or maybe just heartbroken, because he didn't try and pick his bike up and actually pulled his goggles off. We all started cheering for him. He regrouped and took off dead last.
honda341
9/9/2012 12:00pm
Hando wrote:
I'm a bigger Tomac fan after that charge he put in...this kid will make waves in the big bike class, you heard it here first!
Ahh I mean I am not disagreeing with you that he will make an impact but.... You aren't the first one to say he will do well in the big bike class... Not by a long shot.

The Shop

chrisbuehler
9/9/2012 12:06pm
Hando wrote:
honda341 wrote:
Ahh I mean I am not disagreeing with you that he will make an impact but.... You aren't the first one to say he will do...
Ahh I mean I am not disagreeing with you that he will make an impact but.... You aren't the first one to say he will do well in the big bike class... Not by a long shot.
Sarcasm anyone?
bd
9/9/2012 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2012 12:14pm
The last 4 rounds Tomacs fastest lap has been at .75 seconds a lap faster. The lap he put in catch BB12 was unreal
Cook441
9/9/2012 12:47pm
When is he moving up? Is he grabbin a fo fiddy and doing monstercup? can he be soo magical on that bike this year if he does? inquiring minds want to know-
toofast413
9/9/2012 1:00pm
Eli chocked plain and simple pay back from the pc boys wilson says hi Evil
jeffro503
9/9/2012 1:08pm
toofast413 wrote:
Don't think that was called for really? I think Eli put in one hell of a season.......and BTW , Wilson wasn't out there this year.....so Eli say's hello from 3rd place in the championship.

On another note.......thanks you guys for the info on Eli. Wasn't sure exactly what happened to him. I knew he went down from watching the race on TV.....but wasn't sure how , or if he got banged up a little. That first moto after he put in that late charge and then pooped out.....I figured he may of just hit a wall , or maybe got injured some how and we didn't see it. Glad I didn't see some injury report on him this morning.
chrisbuehler
9/9/2012 1:10pm
You can't choke if your 15pts down to start the day. I could see how Wilson would be upset after Tomac bitch slapped him in sx
BR_HERO
9/9/2012 1:18pm
toofast413 wrote:
Wat?
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
9/9/2012 1:30pm
toofast413 wrote:
toofast is an ironic name, right? Kind of like calling a fat guy Tiny.
9/9/2012 1:35pm
Him and a lot of the Geico guys were stopped after the finish of the first moto getting gallons of water dumped on them. Near heat exhaustion after that wicked charge?
Hank_Thrill
9/9/2012 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2012 6:29pm
He ran a 2:41!!!

I think if Barcia wouldn't have held him up there a bit we might have seen a good battle between Bagget and Tomac.

Tomac is a bad dude!
DonM
9/9/2012 2:15pm
toofast413 wrote:
Chocked.....what's chocked....must be a new term I'm not familiar with hmmmm....chocked???
Motodave15
9/9/2012 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2012 2:24pm
To all the lameass that were not there... TOMAC!! was charging,,, if barcia didn't block his own got damn teammate for a few laps (I know he was in the championship hunt to) This race would be a whole hell of alot different in the first moto (Thats my opinion though soo feel free to disagree lol)... He was wfo, it was pretty epic to watch him down in the pit in the first moto.

As for him on a 450... I think he will be the next great SX champion even with all of the talent in the class.
captmoto
9/9/2012 2:24pm
Hando wrote:
That's what I'm thinking, can't wait to see him on a 450.
sharkey
9/9/2012 2:31pm
Motodave15 wrote:
To all the lameass that were not there... TOMAC!! was charging,,, if barcia didn't block his own got damn teammate for a few laps (I know...
To all the lameass that were not there... TOMAC!! was charging,,, if barcia didn't block his own got damn teammate for a few laps (I know he was in the championship hunt to) This race would be a whole hell of alot different in the first moto (Thats my opinion though soo feel free to disagree lol)... He was wfo, it was pretty epic to watch him down in the pit in the first moto.

As for him on a 450... I think he will be the next great SX champion even with all of the talent in the class.
thats true while barcia slowed eli down it gave baggett time to move out
bwilky
9/9/2012 2:33pm
He ran a 2:41!!! I think if Barcia wouldn't have held him up there a bit we might have seen a good battle between Bagget and...

I think if Barcia wouldn't have held him up there a bit we might have seen a good battle between Bagget and Tomac.

Tomac is a bad dude!
Blake ran a 2:39.1 on the last lap of the second moto!!! Championship earned.
jeffro503
9/9/2012 2:37pm
I said this exact same thing a few weeks ago.....and Eli will be a great 450 rider and a threat to win in the big bike class in every single series. He has the build , work ethic , speed and determination to basically.....kick the living shit out of just about everyone he lines up with.

I think ( and only my opinion )......is that I think he should bail out of the lites class now. Cut the 250 class short one year and add an extra year to the 450 class for the overall career. I know , I know.......the teams and his family know best.....BUT......look at that kid........he would be a complete friggin' beast on a 450!!
cason402
9/9/2012 2:38pm
He ran a 2:41!!! I think if Barcia wouldn't have held him up there a bit we might have seen a good battle between Bagget and...

Tomac is a bad dude!
too bad this sport is about endurance huh? or maybe one lap in the middle of the race could make some one a badass.

fact is ET has and does have a problem in the heat, why his dad thinks staying in Co is a good idea is a mystery.

Anyone who watched that first moto that thinks BB wouldn't have won, even if Tomac had gotten the holeshot isn't being honest with them selves. BB excelled everytime the heat was an issue and you had to have endurance.

BB is the badass.
Motodave15
9/9/2012 2:39pm
cason402 wrote:
too bad this sport is about endurance huh? or maybe one lap in the middle of the race could make some one a badass. fact is...
too bad this sport is about endurance huh? or maybe one lap in the middle of the race could make some one a badass.

fact is ET has and does have a problem in the heat, why his dad thinks staying in Co is a good idea is a mystery.

Anyone who watched that first moto that thinks BB wouldn't have won, even if Tomac had gotten the holeshot isn't being honest with them selves. BB excelled everytime the heat was an issue and you had to have endurance.

BB is the badass.
were you there?
cason402
9/9/2012 2:50pm
Motodave15 wrote:
were you there?
i guess you missed the premise.

see the point has to do with motocross being an endurance sport, is that difficult?
bobby397
9/9/2012 2:50pm
Baggett broke Tomac like a wild horse! Just like Ricky said on tv, baggett has has been in defense mode since 4 rounds ago and did what was needed to win the series. Eli and baggett will be fun to watch next year along with Cooper Webb, Marvin, roczen, Hahn, bell, Martin, and maybe even AC 92
jeffro503
9/9/2012 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2012 2:52pm

Tomac is a bad dude!
cason402 wrote:
too bad this sport is about endurance huh? or maybe one lap in the middle of the race could make some one a badass. fact is...

BB is the badass.
Well of course Bagget is a badass! But so is Eli......and he's proved that in many races this summer. Christ.....as far as that goes , all them dudes are badass's........some are just a little more bad than others. I don't think anyone in here was down playing what Bagget did this year..........in fact I have been cheering for him since round #1. But that isn't taking anything away any of the impressive rides Eli , Barcia , Musquin and Roczen had either........all exceptional talents!
machine
9/9/2012 2:59pm
I was torn on the whole thing. I root for Barcia,but if Eli was going be faster that day and take Baggett, then I was rooting for him. Bummer he ran out of steam.
BR_HERO
9/9/2012 3:42pm

Tomac is a bad dude!
cason402 wrote:

BB is the badass.
Sunday+squid+fairy rocket in avi= ^^^^^^^
Hando
9/9/2012 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2012 4:03pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I said this exact same thing a few weeks ago.....and Eli will be a great 450 rider and a threat to win in the big bike...
I said this exact same thing a few weeks ago.....and Eli will be a great 450 rider and a threat to win in the big bike class in every single series. He has the build , work ethic , speed and determination to basically.....kick the living shit out of just about everyone he lines up with.

I think ( and only my opinion )......is that I think he should bail out of the lites class now. Cut the 250 class short one year and add an extra year to the 450 class for the overall career. I know , I know.......the teams and his family know best.....BUT......look at that kid........he would be a complete friggin' beast on a 450!!
for most riders i'd say this is a bad idea but i have to agree with you...

he's a big dude...and over riding that bike IMO. if he was the average lites sized rider (140-160 lbs) in gear i'd say hang onto the little bikes but when you're pushing 170 lbs + without gear..its time for a big bike.

and to any potential vitards who take this the wrong way...im not saying hes fat or out of shape..just a tall lanky dude who would be epic on a 450
IWreckALot
9/9/2012 4:08pm
Didn't Tomac ride a 450 in the MEC last year and do really well on it? If nothing else, I see him moving up to the 450 in SX for the opposite coast he competes in on the 250.

As for John wanting Eli to stay in Colorado for training, I think he wants him up there to train in a lack of oxygen. From that aspect it makes sense but after seeing him race in high heat, I think he needs to focus more on that.

How long did Tomac train at Short's place? Seems like he was training there but not when it was in 110 plus heat.
9/9/2012 4:09pm

Tomac is a bad dude!
Not disagreeing with you cause Eli put on a hell of a charge but Baggett ran a 2:40 in the second moto. Blake even said he was just pacing the middle of moto 1. Sorry but Blake had them all covered today, in speed and endurance.

Post a reply to: So what exactly happened to Eli?

The Latest