So we don't forget that Americans know how to ride motocross...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2018 1:02 PM

These are from just two years ago...on dry tracks...Lets not discount the talent and speed Americans have in motocross from the results of one muddy race, with nothing but pride on the line, and a team event at that.

Americans can still ride motocross...and at an elite, world class level.

(All the GP fans can leave the excuses at the door for why the American dominated these events...they are no more valid than the excuses all the Americans are making for America getting smoked last weekend.)

|

10/10/2018 1:03 PM

The sky is falling

|

10/10/2018 1:08 PM

Who‘s Webb,who‘s Forkner?

|

10/10/2018 1:18 PM

So he needs 17 minutes to pass cairoli? On a hardpack with sunshine? Only track what he can ride or what ?

Then it seems a lot has happend in 2 years. Some moving up some moving down.

We all know that tomac barcia etc etc can ride. Some times it just isn't the day to shine.

|

10/10/2018 1:18 PM

You could have posted Jacksonville of last year to BTW. In the MX2 class I think there was one European in the top 7 or 8 and none of the Americans racing had ever won a race at the time. But but but I'm sure that dosent count, America sucks!

|

10/10/2018 1:19 PM

Where's Khalid?

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/10/2018 1:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2018 7:59 PM

Not to mention this little event that the US looked pretty good at.. before it all went down hill.

|

10/10/2018 1:24 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Not to mention this little event that the US looked pretty good at.. before it all went down hill.

Just for a reference the closest Anderson had ever been to a national 450 Moto win at the time was over 20 seconds back when he was going against a prime Roczen/Dungey. That was his best at the time. He gets hurt misses most of the Nationals comes to the MxDN breaks his foot and His first MxDN Moto was a win.

|

10/10/2018 1:28 PM

We here at vital have short memories and those videos are obviously fake. Someone also made this phony video from last year. The leaderboard gives it away

|

10/10/2018 1:48 PM

|

10/10/2018 1:53 PM

joshflo wrote:

We here at vital have short memories and those videos are obviously fake. Someone also made this phony video from last year. The leaderboard gives it away

That was so much fun. I'm so glad we got to go. I'll never forget watching Eli pouring bottles of water over himself trying to get cool while Lisa was trying to interview him. I personally had never seen him do that. Welcome to N. Florida, Eli!

I can't believe we got a national! VIP GOLD TICKETS all the way for us. I hope it's as classy as the USGP was. The people that run MXGP know how to put on a race and a VIP tent!

|

10/10/2018 1:55 PM

We haven't , and won't ever forget how to ride MX. We have just fell a little behind and concentrated on another form of the sport ( SX ) a little to much. It has bit us in the ass these past few year's.

Right now , those GP guy's have our number! But you don't get the Des Nation's record like we have on record......and just simply forget how to ride an outdoor track.

We may have to eat shit for another year or two....but I have faith we'll be back.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/10/2018 2:01 PM

We never forgot how to ride or lost our talented riders.

We got complacent from cookie cutter tracks that are cherry groomed, and the limelight of individual riders that moved us away from the team aspect that racers shared with each other.

We got complacent while the rest of the world continued on.

If that is is not acknowledged, then we won't catch up. Plain and simple.

|

A wise man once said nothing

10/10/2018 2:07 PM

Park Boys wrote:

Just for a reference the closest Anderson had ever been to a national 450 Moto win at the time was over 20 seconds back when he was going against a prime Roczen/Dungey. That was his best at the time. He gets hurt misses most of the Nationals comes to the MxDN breaks his foot and His first MxDN Moto was a win.

you mean like Cldenhoff this weekend , not a single podium all year and beats Tomac and Barcia with a minute gap .
Coldenhoff has won only 2 GP in his whole MXGP career like 2 years ago, he is top 5 to 10 in MXGP but beat your AMA champ easy ..

so whats your point ? Coldenhoff is faster as Tomac and Barcia ?? Anderson beats Herlings these days ??

this whole MXON must have been really tough on you dude , your comments speak for itself ..

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

10/10/2018 2:10 PM

Dear lord, when will the USA vs The World threads stop?! All these dudes are insanely talented and we weren’t the best this year. That’s it that’s all.

Please make it stop! grin

|

10/10/2018 2:10 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Park Boys wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

you mean like Cldenhoff this weekend , not a single podium all year and beats Tomac and Barcia with a minute gap .
Coldenhoff has won only 2 GP in his whole MXGP career like 2 years ago, he is top 5 to 10 in MXGP but beat your AMA champ easy ..

so whats your point ? Coldenhoff is faster as Tomac and Barcia ?? Anderson beats Herlings these days ??

this whole MXON must have been really tough on you dude , your comments speak for itself ..

There is a thing in sport's about being gracious. And being gracious in defeat , is just as important as being gracious in victory. That's all I'll say on the matter , and this goes for guys on both sides of the pond.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

10/10/2018 2:11 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Dear lord, when will the USA vs The World threads stop?! All these dudes are insanely talented and we weren’t the best this year. That’s it that’s all.

Please make it stop! grin

I agree !!!

|

Ed Johnson

10/10/2018 2:14 PM

Photo
|

10/10/2018 2:38 PM

RichardLoots wrote:

Let’s not forget that Coldenhoff beat everyone else that has been beating him all year, not just Tomac and Barcia. I know that doesn’t fit your very well known agenda.

|

10/10/2018 2:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2018 2:43 PM

Herlings is the fastest motocross rider on the planet, we get it.

Meanwhile in the history of SX, a European has only won the SX title twice (in the premier class), on what is arguably the more difficult discipline of motorcycle racing. So many tears from the Americans and Europeans this week, we lost... get over it.. do we suck? no...

|

10/10/2018 2:45 PM

Park Boys wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

Let’s not forget that Coldenhoff beat everyone else that has been beating him all year, not just Tomac and Barcia. I know that doesn’t fit your very well known agenda.

yawn

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

10/10/2018 2:54 PM

The US Nationals are not the best motocross riders in the world. Good yes. Best no.

But do whatever you have to sleep at night.

|

10/10/2018 3:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2018 3:21 PM

|

10/10/2018 3:31 PM

When Eli's feeling it he can run with em. Of that I have no doubt. However, we all see Jefferys speed and Its legit as well as Antonio cairoli and others across the pond. They brought their A game. End of story. Well get em again. We've done it before.

|

10/10/2018 4:23 PM

Frank wrote:

The US Nationals are not the best motocross riders in the world. Good yes. Best no.

But do whatever you have to sleep at night.

I guess that all depends on when and where the race is held. And the whole " GP rider's don't do SX because it's not real racing "........SX has been around since 1972 , and became main stream in 1974. It's not like it's a new thing here. So it's safe to say , there is definitely two different series ( type's of racing ) going on here , and has for a very long time. And even though it pains me to say it....the manufacture's and sponsor's think SX is important too. And it's why it's the highest paid ( even by sponsor's ) series on the planet. Just in gear deal's alone is quite a bit more for USA based rider's to compete in it.

I'm a MX guy , and hate saying that....but truth is truth.

|

10/10/2018 4:52 PM

It's fun, in a twisted kinda way, to watch the losers squirm. I mean, fuck, it's been three days, and they're still in denial.

|

10/10/2018 4:53 PM

Arguing on the Internet is pointless. How about we have a vitalmxon where we all meet up ride drink beer and see who actually talks shit in person!????

|

10/10/2018 5:01 PM

Ferchristsake... I can't believe nobody has brought up the PED drug ring in MXGP!

|

10/10/2018 7:05 PM

slipdog wrote:

Ferchristsake... I can't believe nobody has brought up the PED drug ring in MXGP!

Someone tried in one of these threads???

|

10/10/2018 7:32 PM

So we get fortunate enough to get another gp here in the states in 2017 and AMA guys win 3 of the 4 motos. One year later we lose at MXoN and people are throwing up the white flag saying that we haven't been able to compete in MX for years now, our series is crap and weak, we need to give up on SX. No fight in some people.
I'm really surprised that the GP promoters brought the USGP back in 2017 based off of how it went for his riders in 2015 and 2016 if he is really trying to lessen the prestige of the AMA series as was posted elsewhere.
I am a fan of both series and just view it as people who live on two sides of the globe that just choose to race the series that is most relevant or accessible to them. Look at it this way, in the day and age of live streaming, if both classes(250/450) are packed we get to watch 80 fast guys go at it on any given weekend. That puts up to 160 motocross racers on the screen between the 2 series for the world to see. How is this a bad thing if you love dirtbikes?

|