So was Kenny's Dad not bullshitting?

Crush
Edited Date/Time 11/13/2015 1:54pm
Seems KYB and Kenny's Politics comment might be at the very least an indicator of the need for real change there.

http://motocross.transworld.net/videos/2015-monster-energy-cup-how-was-…
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/18/2015 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2015 8:48pm
Crush wrote:
Seems KYB and Kenny's Politics comment might be at the very least an indicator of the need for real change there. http://motocross.transworld.net/videos/2015-monster-energy-cup-how-was-your-weekend/?sm_id=social_aumoautomobilemaghub_AutomobileMag_20151019_54140496&adbid=10153309488698031&adbpl=fb&adbpr=73232503030#gMsV513egrgYWkTq.97
Seems KYB and Kenny's Politics comment might be at the very least an indicator of the need for real change there.

http://motocross.transworld.net/videos/2015-monster-energy-cup-how-was-…
I'll just say that the resistance of running the components came from above RCH...

Also, interestingly enough, those forks and shock were loaners from the Suzuki team in Europe. Whistling

I've also been told that Kenny was very pro-Showa when there was talk of a switch when he first went to RCH. He wanted to run Showa.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
10/18/2015 8:47pm
Roczens dad was not right in the way he downed the team his son rides for, thats a fact Crush!
agn5009
10/18/2015 8:51pm
imoto34 wrote:
Roczens dad was not right in the way he downed the team his son rides for, thats a fact Crush!
I agree. Keep the drama in house. It's normal for a father to want what he feels is best for his son but don't go off on a rant like that.
KB221
10/18/2015 8:58pm
imoto34 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I agree. Keep the drama in house. It's normal for a father to want what he feels is best for his son but don't go off...
I agree. Keep the drama in house. It's normal for a father to want what he feels is best for his son but don't go off on a rant like that.
Are you shitting me? Is this Vital? I love the unscripted opinions, bring on the drama!

Imma buy that guy another drink and tell him to quit sugar coating it. Laughing

The Shop

Crush
10/18/2015 9:10pm
imoto34 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I agree. Keep the drama in house. It's normal for a father to want what he feels is best for his son but don't go off...
I dunno.

I mean, it certainly sounds like they tried all the other avenues...

If this was the straw that broke the camels back, and the new camel won it's latest outing with a happy pilot...

Is this metaphor working?
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
10/18/2015 9:18pm
Crush wrote:
I dunno. I mean, it certainly sounds like they tried all the other avenues... If this was the straw that broke the camels back, and the...
I dunno.

I mean, it certainly sounds like they tried all the other avenues...

If this was the straw that broke the camels back, and the new camel won it's latest outing with a happy pilot...

Is this metaphor working?
I am following it Crush!
51xc
10/18/2015 9:45pm
i think most of the issues are true but there is certainly a better way to adress them. ken staying up until last week or so in germany at his dads place and training on a mediocre track compared to what he could have had with rch, should tell everybody who's side he picked and where probably the truth lies.
zehn
10/18/2015 9:46pm
51xc wrote:
i think most of the issues are true but there is certainly a better way to adress them. ken staying up until last week or so...
i think most of the issues are true but there is certainly a better way to adress them. ken staying up until last week or so in germany at his dads place and training on a mediocre track compared to what he could have had with rch, should tell everybody who's side he picked and where probably the truth lies.
I really don't think he was "training" on the track he rebuilt in Germany.
51xc
10/18/2015 9:55pm
zehn wrote:
I really don't think he was "training" on the track he rebuilt in Germany.
certainly not testing his suspension Grinning

kiwifan
10/18/2015 10:50pm
thank god this thread hasnt degenerated into "he must be leaving suzuki and going to honda"

I do think its strange he likes Showa, but perhaps the showas suit the RMZ better? Most top riders (who arent on KTM) prefer KYB...Cole Seely another exception, still uses showa
10/18/2015 10:50pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2015 10:52pm
Kennys dad rules Smile You just know he saw all the flat-brimmed hats and bro-downs in the RCH pits and wanted to just start breaking shit lol. He probably couldn't wait to deboard the plane in Germany so he could yell at somebody.
rubarb
10/18/2015 10:51pm
TMZ thread right here...
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/19/2015 12:14am
kiwifan wrote:
thank god this thread hasnt degenerated into "he must be leaving suzuki and going to honda" I do think its strange he likes Showa, but perhaps...
thank god this thread hasnt degenerated into "he must be leaving suzuki and going to honda"

I do think its strange he likes Showa, but perhaps the showas suit the RMZ better? Most top riders (who arent on KTM) prefer KYB...Cole Seely another exception, still uses showa
Cole Seely switched to KYB during Outdoors.
zehn
10/19/2015 12:21am
kiwifan wrote:
thank god this thread hasnt degenerated into "he must be leaving suzuki and going to honda" I do think its strange he likes Showa, but perhaps...

ML512 wrote:
Are the guys using KYB mostly running the PSF1?
Jrewing
10/19/2015 12:29am
Kennys dad rules :) You just know he saw all the flat-brimmed hats and bro-downs in the RCH pits and wanted to just start breaking shit...
Kennys dad rules Smile You just know he saw all the flat-brimmed hats and bro-downs in the RCH pits and wanted to just start breaking shit lol. He probably couldn't wait to deboard the plane in Germany so he could yell at somebody.
Haha. Kennys dad is awesome.
kiwifan
10/19/2015 12:49am
kiwifan wrote:

ML512 wrote:
well that leaves even less top riders using showa then lol It will be interesting to see what rolls out at SX1 in Jan
mxdude105
10/19/2015 4:47am
I get a kick out of the suspension wars. A few seasons back, everyone switched over to Showa, even Kawasaki and JGR. Now. everyone is back to KYB. In 2018 it'll flip again, and so on...

Ken's talent plus a factory Suzuki is more than enough to bring home either title this year. Regardless, I'm betting he leaves RCH at the end of this contract and likely goes to HRC Honda.

10/19/2015 4:50am
All I know is that with the KYB Kenny was on fire. IDK if its his health, personal drama, or the forks but something changed and I think JS7/RD5 both took notice. Should be a great SX season!!!
kkawboy14
10/19/2015 4:52am
Personal preference has nothing to do with one being better or worse than the other
slipdog
10/19/2015 4:56am
kiwifan wrote:

ML512 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
well that leaves even less top riders using showa then lol It will be interesting to see what rolls out at SX1 in Jan
Have you noticed that Tomac's new factory Kawasaki also had KYB forks on it?
MR. X
10/19/2015 5:03am
Maybe he tried to keep it in house and they kept blowing him off . Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease ,it's not like it was Kenny that went to the media .Whistling
10/19/2015 6:29am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Personal preference has nothing to do with one being better or worse than the other
Until everybody has the same personal preference. I'm sure the Showa stuff they use is great though, not bashing.
kkawboy14
10/19/2015 7:44am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
Until everybody has the same personal preference. I'm sure the Showa stuff they use is great though, not bashing.
It's all good!
10/19/2015 7:58am
In all seriousness, Kenny has talked about the struggles and hardships his family went through during his formative years, and it probably has weighed heavily on his dad. He seems pretty old-school, and probably panics when he thinks opportunities are being squandered and not taken seriously. I seriously respect his dad a lot for being that protective of his son. He seems to have raised a heck of a mature son, I know that much. You cannot dislike Kenny for any reason, personality - wise.
Aryen
10/19/2015 8:04am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
This is not about a brand, they're probably both good, this is about settings. Agree?
davistld01
10/19/2015 8:08am
51xc wrote:
i think most of the issues are true but there is certainly a better way to adress them. ken staying up until last week or so...
And the fact that practically nothing was said about it after it happened...except for the all-but-canned response that KR gave, gives reason to believe that his Dad was pretty spot-on with the way things were going at RCH. Maybe he went off and said it wrong...but I'll bet the suspension brand isn't the only thing that got changed because of it.
10/19/2015 9:00am
51xc wrote:
Hard to say, but sometimes you gotta be selfish to win. Can't argue with that
10/19/2015 9:04am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
Aryen wrote:
This is not about a brand, they're probably both good, this is about settings. Agree?
I agree that the components are most probably equally good in both brands. It's always about settings. But it seems one brand has its settings a bit more figured out than the other these days. At that level, the smallest of differences on the bike can amount to huge gains on the track.
10/19/2015 9:35am
I think there are many things that influenced Kens win: He's done with 2015 now, enjoying his time and healed up 100%. I don't even think the suspension matters that much in supercross, or it's at least not that important as in outdoor races. We'll see how this works out exactly next year I guess...

Post a reply to: So was Kenny's Dad not bullshitting?

The Latest