So over this Dungey/Reed thing... let's talk ET

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2017 4:50 AM

So let's Talk about Tomac. This guy's a man on a mission. it's been a good 4 years since we've seen anyone with his dominance indoors. It's inspiring watching him do what he's doing. I am rooting for ET to win this thing. So for those of you who didn't believe 2-3 rounds ago he was gonna get any closer, you choosing him now?

|

4/3/2017 4:57 AM

Couldn't agree more, he looks unstoppable at this point in the series. Especially if CR and RD don't settle their differences soon. I feel bad for Dungey, watching this championship slip slowly through his fingers. Regardless of who wins it, I hope it a barn burner in Vegas with there only being 1 point gap at that point!

Am I correct in assuming if Tomac wins again this weekend, he is only 1 point away from tieing Ryan, this is assuming Ryan takes 2nd place in the same race?

|

It aint nothing but a little bit of this and a little bit of Braaaap!!!

4/3/2017 4:59 AM

RJMX834 wrote:

So let's Talk about Tomac. This guy's a man on a mission. it's been a good 4 years since we've seen anyone with his dominance ...more

4 years since we've seen this dominance? Did you miss the last 2 years.?

|

4/3/2017 4:59 AM

If he gets a top 5 start, he is going to the front. At this point nobody is faster, and he knows it.

|

4/3/2017 5:19 AM

Markee wrote:

If he gets a top 5 start, he is going to the front. At this point nobody is faster, and he knows it.

I'm pretty sure Dungey was closing in on Eli before you know what happened.

Eli is incredible this year though, do you see any similarities to RV's style?
I watched his riding really closely and thought "Damn, he looks a lot like RV" more than once.

|

4/3/2017 5:27 AM

RJMX834 wrote:

So let's Talk about Tomac. This guy's a man on a mission. it's been a good 4 years since we've seen anyone with his dominance ...more

UpTiTe wrote:

I agree with you somewhat as Dungey has been the man. I can't help but keep thinking "what could have been" if we had Mr. Ken in this series healthy. Can you imagine the battles that these two and Ryan on his better days would have had!!! Absolutely no doubting how well ET3 has been riding....just boggles the mind a little that he turned it around the way he did vs the beginning of the season. What do we think the future hold for Eli?? Will he stay with Kawi since things are going so well or do we see him on possibly an orange or white bike? In my heart I see Dungey retiring this year, I think the little signs he's giving off in interviews/riding are clues of him saying goodbye. I hope not as next year could be epic with these three all in the game.....lets pray Ken makes a full and healthy recovery.

|

4/3/2017 5:36 AM

TOMAC is out. Out front. Dungey chipped one second off his time and everyone acted like he was going to catch Eli Then why did Eli take a 4 second lead to 8 after Dungey passed Reed?

|

4/3/2017 5:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 5:38 AM

RJMX834 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Didn't Dungey have the title wrapped up early with 10(9) wins last year, and 8 the year before?

I guess that doesn't count as dominant because people were hurt or retired though.

|

4/3/2017 5:43 AM

RJMX834 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

In his defence the last couple of years were such snoozers I don't even remember what happened. Quite an impression cryan Ryan has made eh.

I'm a little worried about how badly tomac is going to whoop the field in nationals. 39 other riders are gonna be in for some whoopin', err' week.

|

4/3/2017 5:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 5:54 AM

Tomac actually looked unsure of himself at a few points in the interviews. I think he was uncomfortable on the track in the second half of the race (not nevessarily slower, but not flowing - per his interview statements) and knows it was lucky to be that easy. I saw a little chink in his confidence level. Not saying i know what would have happened or that he will struggle next week. Just interesting. I think he was most unsure just after the race for the first interview trackside.

|

"The online debates can get silly and then ugly in a hurry." DC

4/3/2017 5:59 AM

bobojim wrote:

Tomac actually looked unsure of himself at a few points in the interviews. I think he was uncomfortable on the track in the ...more

They were all uncomfortable in the second half. The track was beat and Dungey lost another 5 seconds to Tomac after he passed Reed.

|

4/3/2017 6:03 AM

Tomac said he had an off day and dungey said he had a great day. Tomac still gapped dungey at the end of the race after the reed ordeal.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

4/3/2017 7:06 AM

RJMX834 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

SigPig wrote:

Didn't Dungey have the title wrapped up early with 10(9) wins last year, and 8 the year before?

I guess that doesn't count as ...more

Who was out?

|

4/3/2017 7:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 7:18 AM

RJMX834 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

tobz wrote:

In his defence the last couple of years were such snoozers I don't even remember what happened. Quite an impression cryan Ryan ...more

I agree, smashing everyone for two years has been boring. He has 15 years of whining before he even smells the fumes of Reeds whineyness.

|

4/3/2017 7:14 AM

Dungey, RV

They both were just as good as ET if not better. Actually, they might have been better because this is the first good title fight since Millsaps was chased down by RV.

|

2013 CRF450R Factory Connection revalve, All stock.

4/3/2017 8:55 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

SigPig wrote:

I guess that doesn't count as ...more

UpTiTe wrote:

Who was out?

Good question.

|

4/3/2017 9:11 AM

Eli has pulled off an amazing regroup on the season , I can only imagine the battles if Ken was still racing.

|

4/3/2017 9:11 AM

It is GREAT to see him back! I really didn't think I'd see him ride this way on the Kawi. I was wrong. Either they found something on the bike or he has come around with his riding, or some combination, but it is a pleasure to watch. His corner speed is fantastic. Almost road racer styled the way he maintains one arc and keeps the bike relatively hooked up throughout. By my eye that is where he is gaining his .5-1.0 sec/lap on everybody.

|

4/3/2017 9:30 AM

I hope the same Tomac shows up for outdoors

|

4/3/2017 9:41 AM

He's gonna murder everyone outdoors with no Kroc. Dungey better get his shit in gear or it's gonna be a snooze fest.

|

4/3/2017 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 9:48 AM

So to defend the OP from the Dungey nut huggers, since you think 15 and 16 were considered dominance. In 15 he won 8 races never going over 3 wins in a row. In 16 he won 9 also never going more than 3 in a row. That's no small feat and solid consistency. Tomac already has 8 wins and has strung 5 in a row, with 4 rounds remaining. That's a difference between dominance and constitency. I'm not taking anything away from Dungey, but I wouldn't say his last two championships were won with the dominance we are seeing from Eli right now.

|

4/3/2017 10:31 AM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

TOMAC is out. Out front. Dungey chipped one second off his time and everyone acted like he was going to catch Eli Then why did ...more

Stop posting

|

4/3/2017 10:33 AM

ET actually faded backwards this year and has turned it around to push forward. I've been watching racing for 40 years, I don't think I have ever seen what he has done. It's way different than just getting stuck in a hole from a bad start and turning the starts around.

|

4/3/2017 10:56 AM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

TOMAC is out. Out front. Dungey chipped one second off his time and everyone acted like he was going to catch Eli Then why did ...more

MX Guy wrote:

Stop posting

Need tissue?

|

4/3/2017 11:05 AM

wanglimp wrote:

So to defend the OP from the Dungey nut huggers, since you think 15 and 16 were considered dominance. In 15 he won 8 races ...more

So to defend the Dungey nuthuggers from the Dungey haters. How many titles does any other rider in the 15/16 seasons have vs Dungey? 3 to 1 in favor of Dungey. That to me is pretty dominant.

Just to clarify, I like both Eli and Dungey. The hate Dungey receives is just so over the top its ridiculous.

I don't know when individual race wins became more important than titles. I guess right around the time jumping a single over a tabletop over a single became a quad instead of a triple! laughing laughing laughing

|

4/3/2017 11:06 AM

RJMX834 wrote:

So to really reply to your thread...ET3 is a bad dude!!! Very very impressive what he's done!

|

4/3/2017 11:40 AM

8 wins in 10 races is pretty impressive, IMO if you're winning like that you've pretty much earned the title in my book whether you get it or not.

|

4/3/2017 11:44 AM

So now 8 or 9 race wins in a season doesn't mean domination unless they are all won in a row????? That ranks right up there with being the fastest in practice means that you are the Fastest Man on the Planet, regardless if you can actually win a race or not. dizzy

|

4/3/2017 12:17 PM

stangkag wrote:

Couldn't agree more, he looks unstoppable at this point in the series. Especially if CR and RD don't settle their differences ...more

that is correct, if that is the scenario that plays out. I have a feeling the Reed and Dungey saga isn't over yet. We'll see how it goes. I can't wait for seattle

|

4/3/2017 12:17 PM

RJMX834 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

who dominated the last two years?

|