So now.... SX May 31st... MX July 4th ??

bradnelson
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 5:11pm
|
aeffertz
4/29/2020 8:18am
Should’ve just ran it in the fall... Trying to rush into this just seems like a cluster fuck of uncertainties and now we get two shitty schedules instead of just one.
Bidirella
4/29/2020 8:21am
aeffertz wrote:
Should’ve just ran it in the fall... Trying to rush into this just seems like a cluster fuck of uncertainties and now we get two shitty...
Should’ve just ran it in the fall... Trying to rush into this just seems like a cluster fuck of uncertainties and now we get two shitty schedules instead of just one.
Why? I think it’s way better to finish SX first then outdoors. Allot can happen in between for contenders.

The Shop

TeamGreen
4/29/2020 8:39am
I don't understand how it's "not looking good"?

From my understanding:

As soon as the PHX area/AZ shows a downward curve for 2 weeks...we're "off to the races".

The same type of "local control" will be in-place for The Nationals, too. By the time we get to The 4th of July we should be able to have safe-practices in-place for events that aren't in affected areas (at that time, we shouldn't have to hard of a time knowing what areas are in whish speicific phase of the "Regiaonl Gating Plan".

So, we'll see.
RandyS
4/29/2020 8:39am
I know there are Dirt Diggers here, any talk of running Hangtown later in the year?
TeamGreen
4/29/2020 8:40am
Red Bud opener will be absolutely insane.
If things don't start looking better in MI -REAL SOON-...we may be racing somewhere-else.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
4/29/2020 8:48am
I'm hoping to get a serious face mask tan line at Thunder Valley.
500guy
4/29/2020 8:52am
TeamGreen wrote:
I don't understand how it's "not looking good"? From my understanding: As soon as the PHX area/AZ shows a downward curve for 2 weeks...we're "off to...
I don't understand how it's "not looking good"?

From my understanding:

As soon as the PHX area/AZ shows a downward curve for 2 weeks...we're "off to the races".

The same type of "local control" will be in-place for The Nationals, too. By the time we get to The 4th of July we should be able to have safe-practices in-place for events that aren't in affected areas (at that time, we shouldn't have to hard of a time knowing what areas are in whish speicific phase of the "Regiaonl Gating Plan".

So, we'll see.
The Phoenix area is fine, our corrupt Gov, is worried about his Virus Vaccine interests and not his constituents.

Arizona has been mildly hit and should reopen now.
motomike137
4/29/2020 8:57am
TeamGreen wrote:
If things don't start looking better in MI -REAL SOON-...we may be racing somewhere-else.
The "hot spot" in Michigan is 200 miles away from Red Bud. Now if your comment is in reference to our illustrious governor and her shenanigans you might have a point Wink
aeffertz
4/29/2020 9:07am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 9:13am
Bidirella wrote:
Why? I think it’s way better to finish SX first then outdoors. Allot can happen in between for contenders.
Yeah, I know... It probably is better to finish one season before the next, it just seems like trying to shoe horn them in before summer is going to shorten the MX schedule since the date keeps getting pushed further and further back. I just hope they don’t clip too many nationals from the schedule. Also curious if they will run the MX schedule from the beginning or pick up where the races would be and schedule the earlier rounds that would’ve already ran at the end?
4/29/2020 9:11am
Awesome.....a target to look forward to. This stay at home crap needs to end and we need to get back to work and play.
Motoxdoc
4/29/2020 9:20am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 9:21am
They announced a hopeful return to SX and MX and your reply is “Not looking good”!?That’s funny.... Considering everything‘s been shut down for a couple of months, I was thinking the exact opposite.
ATKpilot99
4/29/2020 9:24am
I won't believe there's going to be a race until I see them lining up at the gate.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/29/2020 9:26am
I am the first person in line to wish it was different, but there isn't a chance people are allowed to gather in groups large enough to make the Nationals viable until next year. Not one sport, entertainment venue, or theme park in this Country is even considering opening up to fans/guests until Jan 2021.

Which brings us back to the legal ramifications of an outbreak being tied to a specific for profit event. It's one thing to ease the restrictions when it applies to your own general city/area, but an event that brings in thousands of people from all over the USA to congregate in one confined area is a recipe for transmission disaster.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/29/2020 9:35am
avidchimp wrote:
I am the first person in line to wish it was different, but there isn't a chance people are allowed to gather in groups large enough...
I am the first person in line to wish it was different, but there isn't a chance people are allowed to gather in groups large enough to make the Nationals viable until next year. Not one sport, entertainment venue, or theme park in this Country is even considering opening up to fans/guests until Jan 2021.

Which brings us back to the legal ramifications of an outbreak being tied to a specific for profit event. It's one thing to ease the restrictions when it applies to your own general city/area, but an event that brings in thousands of people from all over the USA to congregate in one confined area is a recipe for transmission disaster.
You hit the nail dead centre....we are fucked by the filthly finger of fate!
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/29/2020 9:36am
I don't get the comments that MX Nations needs crowds to support it. I get that's how they make money, but how much does it cost to just have the race knowing it's just going to be the teams, medics and tv crew? I'm probably way off base but seems that it could be done fairly inexpensively and then hopefully MX Sports would be willing to share sponsor money with the tracks that were able to pull off the events. Seems that racing without crowds wouldn't cost the track owner any more than no race at all?
BroFoSho
4/29/2020 9:41am
Here is Arizona data (you can ignore the blue bars as they are data for the county which I reside)

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/29/2020 9:42am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 9:43am
yak651 wrote:
I don't get the comments that MX Nations needs crowds to support it. I get that's how they make money, but how much does it cost...
I don't get the comments that MX Nations needs crowds to support it. I get that's how they make money, but how much does it cost to just have the race knowing it's just going to be the teams, medics and tv crew? I'm probably way off base but seems that it could be done fairly inexpensively and then hopefully MX Sports would be willing to share sponsor money with the tracks that were able to pull off the events. Seems that racing without crowds wouldn't cost the track owner any more than no race at all?
Looks like you ain't getting anything... i doubt you work for yourself. Not trying to be a dick but there are overheads to cover when running an event.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/29/2020 9:46am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 9:49am
yak651 wrote:
I don't get the comments that MX Nations needs crowds to support it. I get that's how they make money, but how much does it cost...
While in theory that sounds like it could work, but a lot more variables are at play.

MX Sports relies on the promoter fee's, various sponsor monies, and event product sales to run the show. The TV package is a break even venture at best, so no real money there.

Sponsors are not going to pay anything close to what they normally do because there is ZERO fan interaction/activation at any of the events, therefore having to rely on TV and print exposure. Team sponsors are going to pay less to the teams for the same reasons.

Then you have to add in the fact that every track in the Country has not been/won't be able to run the races during the remainder of the year that basically pay for their respective National promoter fee. No vendor fees, parking fees, etc...

It's kinda an all in or all out situation sadly.

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/29/2020 9:49am
I love this example, the track owner is so far down the pile of shit that he needs 15k plus spectators to break even. - I'm generalizing but you get the picture......

mxb2
4/29/2020 10:22am
TeamGreen wrote:
IronmanCool
kkawboy14
4/29/2020 12:21pm
Texas has barely slowed down around Austin but man since last Friday it has opened up a lot more. The roads are twice as crowded as they were.
kkawboy14
4/29/2020 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 12:22pm
Freestone? Cycle Ranch? The Circuit of the America’s? If needed......
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/29/2020 12:22pm
yak651 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Looks like you ain't getting anything... i doubt you work for yourself. Not trying to be a dick but there are overheads to cover when running...
Looks like you ain't getting anything... i doubt you work for yourself. Not trying to be a dick but there are overheads to cover when running an event.
Ha, I realize I would get responses like that. I'm just saying the track is sitting idle. Most likely you wouldn't have to do as much infrastructure work as you don't have to plan for spectators. I would think something is better than nothing, but I get where you are coming from.
FuzzyLogic
4/29/2020 5:08pm
yak651 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Looks like you ain't getting anything... i doubt you work for yourself. Not trying to be a dick but there are overheads to cover when running...
yak651 wrote:
Ha, I realize I would get responses like that. I'm just saying the track is sitting idle. Most likely you wouldn't have to do as much...
Ha, I realize I would get responses like that. I'm just saying the track is sitting idle. Most likely you wouldn't have to do as much infrastructure work as you don't have to plan for spectators. I would think something is better than nothing, but I get where you are coming from.
I agree with you. Obviously there are hard costs associated with having a race at a track you own, but there are some that, I have to imagine, would be significantly lower or gone without any fans.

Isnt the promoter fee just a way that the promoter forces their way into getting a piece of the action at the gate? If they want the series to happen would MX Sports be willing to budge a little on this?

Do you really mean to tell me that there is no way its financially viable, with a revised cost sharing structure, to hold a single day race that would be televised to 50,000+ people? How do these same people hold local races at their track...we know the take for spectators on those weekends at the gate has to be relatively low.

To be fair, I would guess that most of these tracks that host a national make a huge portion of their annual income on the weekend they host the national.. and adjusting this may put the rest of their year in jeopardy.

Lastly, would anyone be willing to pony up more for the Gold Pass if it meant having the series happen? I know I would.

Post a reply to: So now.... SX May 31st... MX July 4th ??

The Latest