So now Netherlands...

Edited Date/Time 8/5/2019 9:26am
We approaching MXON and we all agree that Netherlands is the favorite country for the win for multiple reasons. But there is still an unknow part for them as of now. MXGP and OPEN class are easy choices with Herlings and Coldenhoff but the real deal now is the MX2 category. They neeed to make a choice between Calvin Vlaanderen and Roan Van De Moosdijk. I think their performances this weekend will be the deciding who is taking the spot. Even I can't really say who takes it as of now. So who is your pick ?

CV10
Or
RVDM39
?
|
8/4/2019 12:41am
yeah youre right , i would pick Vlaanderen for this race ..has more experience and did good with a 2 and 5 at last years GP at Assen .He has been out for some time but is showing great speed again .. if Roan is getting better en better he is the next rider to complete future team and possibly make it even stronger , as he is a great talent
8/4/2019 2:22am
Moosdijk has been on rails lately. He went 1st in time practice and 1-1 in the motos at the last Dutch Masters round, smoking Geerts, Vlaanderen, Jacobi and Sterry for example. And he blew the rest of the EMX field out of the water yesterday.
8/4/2019 2:58am
VD Moosdijk just went 1 - 1 in EMX250 in Lommel so he should be kept in mind for a spot for sure. I think he also kept up with Geerts in some Dutch National rounds so he has the speed for mx2.
agn5009
8/4/2019 3:29am
The only way they pick Moosdijk over Vlaanderen is if he gets hurt. Vlaanderen has the experience and speed to run top 3 out of all MX2 competitors. There’s absolutely no reason to take the chance on a guy who doesn’t race the class when they have a great option already. Team Netherlands will be Herlings, Coldenhoff and Vlaanderen barring injury.

The Shop

Bidirella
8/4/2019 3:32am
Speedwise RVDM would be the one, but its hard not to choose a guy who is riding for a podium in the GPMX2 all the time..

I also mentioned Herlings keeping a good eye on Roan yesterday during the moto. I think Herlings got something to say about the selection of the riders.
ayearinmx
8/4/2019 3:57am
i just hope whoever they pick, they've picked because he is the best Dutch 250cc rider
Arofin
8/4/2019 4:36am
yeah youre right , i would pick Vlaanderen for this race ..has more experience and did good with a 2 and 5 at last years GP...
yeah youre right , i would pick Vlaanderen for this race ..has more experience and did good with a 2 and 5 at last years GP at Assen .He has been out for some time but is showing great speed again .. if Roan is getting better en better he is the next rider to complete future team and possibly make it even stronger , as he is a great talent
I'm glad you don't decide. Even been in Assen and watched Vlaanderen? Definately they have to pick Vd Moosdijk
8/4/2019 5:28am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2019 5:55am
yeah youre right , i would pick Vlaanderen for this race ..has more experience and did good with a 2 and 5 at last years GP...
Arofin wrote:
I'm glad you don't decide. Even been in Assen and watched Vlaanderen? Definately they have to pick Vd Moosdijk
oh really ,if Vlaanderen is that bad , how come he came second in second moto last year behind Prado in Assen ??
he has good results at Assen , went 4-4 in 2017 ..and you make it sound he sucks at Assen ..

i get why people would choose Roan , but to put a rookie with only EMX experience in that spot on a race we can finally win MXON at home doesnt seem a smart move in my opinion ...

but everybody has his own opinion ... why are you so sure Roan would do better at Assen if Calvin is obvious able to get on podium against current 250 riders ??

8/4/2019 9:54am
Arofin wrote:
oh really ,if Vlaanderen is that bad , how come he came second in second moto last year behind Prado in Assen ?? he has good...
oh really ,if Vlaanderen is that bad , how come he came second in second moto last year behind Prado in Assen ??
he has good results at Assen , went 4-4 in 2017 ..and you make it sound he sucks at Assen ..

i get why people would choose Roan , but to put a rookie with only EMX experience in that spot on a race we can finally win MXON at home doesnt seem a smart move in my opinion ...

but everybody has his own opinion ... why are you so sure Roan would do better at Assen if Calvin is obvious able to get on podium against current 250 riders ??

The fact is that Vlaanderen might race the 450 soon and they need to give experience to a young rider like RVDM this year
RG1
8/4/2019 10:47am
I think I would just side with Vlaanderen because of his extra experience, but Van De Moosdijk is really making them have a tough decision to make. He was incredible this weekend, he would’ve been in the podium hunt in MX2 for sure, but would throwing him into a MXoN on home soil, with the pressure of being favourites be too much for him?
RG1
8/4/2019 10:50am
Arofin wrote:
oh really ,if Vlaanderen is that bad , how come he came second in second moto last year behind Prado in Assen ?? he has good...

The fact is that Vlaanderen might race the 450 soon and they need to give experience to a young rider like RVDM this year
I don’t really get this approach. Maybe if a team has a couple riders injured and has no hope of winning then they can perhaps look to putting riders in just to get experience. But other than that, you have to pick the best riders that are available at that time, don’t worry about what might happen a couple of years down the line
seventeen
8/4/2019 11:38am
You gotta go with MooseDICK...just for his name! Legendary...
Barrett57
8/4/2019 11:46am
seventeen wrote:
I get the feeling we might be hearing a lot more of that name in the future 😂
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/4/2019 11:49am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2019 11:50am
seventeen wrote:
Dude, beat me to it. Smile

That guy is either an MXDN champion or a frat party legend. Either way, winner!

EDIT: Actually, I think his name translates to something like "From the Moosedick," so his dad is the legend, right?
8/4/2019 11:51am
Vlaanderen gets a second place overall at Lommel GP behind Prado .. dude can ride sand , no question
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
8/4/2019 11:52am
Vlaanderen, He knows the pressure and he as experience. He seems in good shape.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/4/2019 11:52am
On a side note, I'm just cracking up, imagining the TLD Character that would belong to this guy....

8/4/2019 12:08pm
Yeah but Zwart cross the other day VDM ended up ahead of Calvin twice that can give us the doubts...
Jasper125
8/4/2019 12:20pm
After Redbud i say never pick Vlaanderen again when he is still on that HRC Honda if that bike would not have given out we would've won the MXON. And van de Moosdijk is riding great and has been healthy all year.
visser62
8/4/2019 12:29pm
Not to derail the conversation, but what's up with Rene Hofer in EMX? I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing.
8/4/2019 1:02pm
Vlaanderen isnt perhaps quicker than Van de Moosdijk in the sand, but his bike is without any doubt better.
mb60
8/4/2019 1:06pm
Word on the street is Puerto Rico is sending a retired racer,a girl, and Mike Brown. Lol
8/4/2019 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2019 1:32pm
visser62 wrote:
Not to derail the conversation, but what's up with Rene Hofer in EMX? I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing.
EMX has always been a stacked class ,its not easy to win. Hofer raced 125 last year , was 3rd in season and raced only 5 out of the 8 races
Prado who came to EMX 250 as a EMX 125 champ never won a moto in his EMX 250 season and look at him now , some just need some time to adjust to 250 fourstrokes .. some will do better , some dont . time will tell
Jasper125
8/4/2019 1:26pm
Vlaanderen isnt perhaps quicker than Van de Moosdijk in the sand, but his bike is without any doubt better.
Not if its a mudder they had to change multiple engines at Redbud and the DNF was not because of his eye but because the engine failed in moto 1 coming out of the turn before the table top before the rollers
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
8/4/2019 1:29pm
The Netherlands are easily the best team to have never won. Put three Dutch guys on the team, not a guy that got pissed at the South Africa federation for wanting to use the SA flag. Had they had a three Dutch guys last year they would have most likely won and would be going for two in a row. Downvote away!
Bidirella
8/4/2019 2:14pm
Park Boys wrote:
The Netherlands are easily the best team to have never won. Put three Dutch guys on the team, not a guy that got pissed at the...
The Netherlands are easily the best team to have never won. Put three Dutch guys on the team, not a guy that got pissed at the South Africa federation for wanting to use the SA flag. Had they had a three Dutch guys last year they would have most likely won and would be going for two in a row. Downvote away!
So true Laughing
Jerkolantern
8/4/2019 2:19pm
Kind of a mute point since we're sending out our b team. American b teams always over perform.
roninho
8/4/2019 2:55pm
The answer is the one that Herlings wants to work with is picked.
biscuit11
8/4/2019 3:32pm
roninho wrote:
The answer is the one that Herlings wants to work with is picked.
They better keep both handy just in case someone gets hurt and one is needed as an alternate.
DPR250R
8/4/2019 3:35pm
So now Netherlands is the favorite.... or were they always?

Post a reply to: So now Netherlands...

The Latest