So, moto win by Rd 6

kongols
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:02am
What do you say, will Watson be 1000 bucks poorer?
|
RaceFace
5/25/2011 10:47am
Some might need the background on this (me).
DownSouth
5/25/2011 10:50am
Steve Cox and Kenny Watson have a bet on Pourcel winning a moto by the halfway point of the series. Cox says yes, and Kenny says no.
jeffro503
5/25/2011 10:51am
DownSouth wrote:
Steve Cox and Kenny Watson have a bet on Pourcel winning a moto by the halfway point of the series. Cox says yes, and Kenny says...
Steve Cox and Kenny Watson have a bet on Pourcel winning a moto by the halfway point of the series. Cox says yes, and Kenny says no.
Gotchya. Honestly.....it's anyones guess who will win what , in each class. way to many variables in this sport.

The Shop

jamma10
5/25/2011 10:55am
Kenny's got the better end of that bet.
I once won £150 on a Speedway race without knowing who the hell I was betting on either.
RaceFace
5/25/2011 10:59am
DownSouth wrote:
Steve Cox and Kenny Watson have a bet on Pourcel winning a moto by the halfway point of the series. Cox says yes, and Kenny says...
I'll go with Watson just based on who has the other side.
lumpy790
5/25/2011 11:00am
What tracks has CP won 250 overalls on? My guess is that would be his best shot at a moto win on.
reded
5/25/2011 11:00am
I won $10 in the local bar pot on some stupid horse race that was on TV last weekend....4 Free Beers=WINNER!
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3116th
5/25/2011 11:05am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2011 11:05am
Watson will be $1,000 richer, that's for sure. CP377 has got talent and will win races at some point in his 450 career, but as long as Dungey, RV and Reed are healthy this season, I don't see him beating any of them for a moto. He'll be lucky to get on podiums.

Because that Yamahar is a pig Whistling
5/25/2011 11:06am
lumpy790 wrote:
What tracks has CP won 250 overalls on? My guess is that would be his best shot at a moto win on.
I agree once they get on a track that is a little more smooth for his style he will have a better chance. plus i hope he was doing 45 min motos this week dude just ran out of gas mid way thru!
Sondy132001
5/25/2011 11:06am
Rewindcaz wrote:
Watson will be $1,000 richer, that's for sure. CP377 has got talent and will win races at some point in his 450 career, but as long...
Watson will be $1,000 richer, that's for sure. CP377 has got talent and will win races at some point in his 450 career, but as long as Dungey, RV and Reed are healthy this season, I don't see him beating any of them for a moto. He'll be lucky to get on podiums.

Because that Yamahar is a pig Whistling
Roach buddy get it right it's a roach Wink

S
BLAHBLAH
5/25/2011 11:08am
DownSouth wrote:
RaceFace wrote:
I'll go with Watson just based on who has the other side.
Thats Funny!!

I like Watson's bet. I don't see Pourcel winning a moto anytime soon. If the bet was all year, I would say that it's even money. I think it will take a while for CP to make the bike work and to get fit.
Sondy132001
5/25/2011 11:45am
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Thats Funny!! I like Watson's bet. I don't see Pourcel winning a moto anytime soon. If the bet was all year, I would say that it's...
Thats Funny!!

I like Watson's bet. I don't see Pourcel winning a moto anytime soon. If the bet was all year, I would say that it's even money. I think it will take a while for CP to make the bike work and to get fit.
Get fit?? really?? That dude has had 5 months of working out and riding "outdoor tracks" you honestly don't think he's fit?? pppffftttt

S
bearded clam
5/25/2011 11:45am
kongols wrote:
What do you say, will Watson be 1000 bucks poorer?
cp will be lucky to get in the top 5
lucero10x
5/25/2011 11:52am
If he wants to win a moto he is going to have to go through Dungey. IMO Dungey is the guy who will get through every first turn clean, maybe not in first but he will get through clean and charge till the end. I think RV and Chad could suffer from more inconsistency than Dungey. So, that being said, I think there are just too many dudes (RV, RD, CR, KW, MA) who will run him down, even if he gets a start, for him to win a moto this year.
DownSouth
5/25/2011 11:56am
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Thats Funny!! I like Watson's bet. I don't see Pourcel winning a moto anytime soon. If the bet was all year, I would say that it's...
Thats Funny!!

Get fit?? really?? That dude has had 5 months of working out and riding "outdoor tracks" you honestly don't think he's fit?? pppffftttt

S
Well Pourcel's new boss reportedly made a comment that "maybe he needs to do more than one 17 minute moto".
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3116th
5/25/2011 11:59am
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Thats Funny!!

S
Not fit enough to ride that roach for 30min + 2 laps. Wink
Sondy132001
5/25/2011 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2011 12:02pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Thats Funny!!

S
DownSouth wrote:
Well Pourcel's new boss reportedly made a comment that "maybe he needs to do more than one 17 minute moto".
You talking DV ?? yeah yeah I'll bitch slap him, he's just a moaner on everything, you know them ex-pros who are in charge Wink I still think CP's in shape, just needs to get use to his "roach" of a bike haha

S
machine
5/25/2011 12:24pm
I don't think winning "a moto" is a long shot at all. Winning a round..........well that would be different.
BLAHBLAH
5/25/2011 12:24pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Thats Funny!!

S
I hope you are being sarcastic?
lumpy790
5/25/2011 12:25pm
7th against the worlds best riders......on a bike he has only ridden a few times is quite good in my book.
Sondy132001
5/25/2011 12:27pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Thats Funny!!

S
BLAHBLAH wrote:
No I wasn't he got an 8th & an 8th, so the rest of the field, what 32 guys are out of shape too or just him ?? The guys in shape, no doubt in my mind. He just needs to figure out his bike and he will be upfront soon enough.

S
Therapy
5/25/2011 12:36pm
He is still having problems keeping cool, They dump water on him after a 5 minute practice i cant imagine what they need after 36 mins.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3116th
5/25/2011 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2011 12:38pm

S
BLAHBLAH wrote:
No I wasn't he got an 8th & an 8th, so the rest of the field, what 32 guys are out of shape too or just...
No I wasn't he got an 8th & an 8th, so the rest of the field, what 32 guys are out of shape too or just him ?? The guys in shape, no doubt in my mind. He just needs to figure out his bike and he will be upfront soon enough.

S
It doesn't matter how fit you are, if your bike is throwing you around non-stop you're going to fade. The dudes in shape no doubt about it, his team just needs to figure out how to make something good out of that bike.

If only Pourcel had taken up that GEICO Honda ride.. Sad
BLAHBLAH
5/25/2011 12:38pm

S
BLAHBLAH wrote:
No I wasn't he got an 8th & an 8th, so the rest of the field, what 32 guys are out of shape too or just...

S
Um Tommy Hahn went 8-8 for 7th overall.. CP went 7-11 for 8th overall. They are on essentially the same bike.

CP is in great shape just not compared to the likes of RD, RV, CR, MA, BM and so on and so on that he would need to beat to win a moto. He has historically shown lower results in the second moto. I know he has had some health concerns in the past, and has relied on his talent to pull him through. Talent alone is not enough this year.

Riding 15 minute moto's at your house is not gonna get you in shape for the nationals, nor is jet skiing. Compared to me he is lance armstrong in his prime, but he ain't racing me.

and yes his roach needs some work.... like my original statement maybe by the end of the year when he figures out his bike and gets fit he could win a moto.
Sondy132001
5/25/2011 12:48pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:

S
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Um Tommy Hahn went 8-8 for 7th overall.. CP went 7-11 for 8th overall. They are on essentially the same bike. CP is in great shape...
Um Tommy Hahn went 8-8 for 7th overall.. CP went 7-11 for 8th overall. They are on essentially the same bike.

CP is in great shape just not compared to the likes of RD, RV, CR, MA, BM and so on and so on that he would need to beat to win a moto. He has historically shown lower results in the second moto. I know he has had some health concerns in the past, and has relied on his talent to pull him through. Talent alone is not enough this year.

Riding 15 minute moto's at your house is not gonna get you in shape for the nationals, nor is jet skiing. Compared to me he is lance armstrong in his prime, but he ain't racing me.

and yes his roach needs some work.... like my original statement maybe by the end of the year when he figures out his bike and gets fit he could win a moto.
my boyfriend in the 80's used jet-skiing as part of his training regimen and he won a few AMA Pro Nationals. Regardless I still think it's him not being use to his bike and he is in shape, he'll get it. Just cause Hahn is use to the bike doesn't make it the same for CP, Alby was used to the Suzuki, MC wasn't but his talent alone made it work for him.

S
mxb2
5/25/2011 1:01pm

S
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Um Tommy Hahn went 8-8 for 7th overall.. CP went 7-11 for 8th overall. They are on essentially the same bike. CP is in great shape...

my boyfriend in the 80's used jet-skiing as part of his training regimen and he won a few AMA Pro Nationals. Regardless I still think it's...
my boyfriend in the 80's used jet-skiing as part of his training regimen and he won a few AMA Pro Nationals. Regardless I still think it's him not being use to his bike and he is in shape, he'll get it. Just cause Hahn is use to the bike doesn't make it the same for CP, Alby was used to the Suzuki, MC wasn't but his talent alone made it work for him.

S
Does he have.a name?
Sondy132001
5/25/2011 1:03pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:

my boyfriend in the 80's used jet-skiing as part of his training regimen and he won a few AMA Pro Nationals. Regardless I still think it's...

S
mxb2 wrote:
Does he have.a name?
didn't want to be a name dropper but yeah Brian Myerscough, dated him for 5 years.

S

Post a reply to: So, moto win by Rd 6

The Latest