So many SNOWFLAKES

Regis
Fantasy
292nd
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2019 7:00am
It’s true - MX/SX fans are spoiled now and a lot have turned into a bunch of Snowflakes. How many of you snowflakes actually ride?

“I paid $75 dollars, I want my live races without commercials, wait, the downtime is killing me, we need entertainment”

“My internet is buffering” - waaaahhhhhh

“The traffic is going to kill me to go to Pala”

You know why MX tracks used to be packed and the hillsides had fans? Because people were tougher, like Hannah tough. They threw on some corduroy shorts, didn’t even pack a shirt... filled the cooler with Banquet Beer and got to the track to pick a spot when the damn sun was just coming up.

The one weekend a year the pros came through they were at the track to watch their heroes. They bonded with fellow fans, sometimes fist fought for a good place at the fence. I haven’t even seen a good fist fight at the track in years.

Couple things -

local tracks should close for Saturday... support the sport. Open Sunday.

Internet streaming black-out in a 250 mile radius.

Yeah, yeah.... bunch of snowflakes going to tell me I’m stupid, Get outside, stand by the fence, get roosted, throw a Shaka and cheer the riders on. Get fired up to ride.

Anyone throwing me a thumbs down, should be deported.
|
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
5/16/2019 2:48pm
Great thoughts!!! Can't wait to hit up Budds Creek this year as long as I am in town. Are you all healed up? Didn't you have a stunt crash awhile back?
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 7:32pm
Electro21 wrote:
Great thoughts!!! Can't wait to hit up Budds Creek this year as long as I am in town. Are you all healed up? Didn't you have...
Great thoughts!!! Can't wait to hit up Budds Creek this year as long as I am in town. Are you all healed up? Didn't you have a stunt crash awhile back?
Yeah, I’m pretty good now. About 90%. Thanks for asking.

Seriously, someone gives me a thumbs down for my health? Jeez

The Shop

Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 3:07pm
Complaining about snowflakes makes you a snowflake. Fact.
You are right. I am complaining about the lack of effort of the spectators and “fans” of our sport. The SNOWFLAKES that don’t want to get hot, or sun burnt or have to sit in traffic.

I don’t see how that makes me a snowflake, but whatever floats your boat. Prove me wrong
Alex.434
5/16/2019 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 2:58pm
"Why is the sport dying" "Why don't more people ride" "Why don't more companies invest in the sport"

"Oh fuck that I'm not going to Pala"

When your most targeted demographic can't be bothered to go to the races, you've got a problem. (even worse in roadracing).

When I was younger we'd LIVE for the pro races coming to town. That shit was circled on the calendar in a big red pen. Should be one of the highlights of the year!
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 3:08pm
visser62 wrote:
You're definitely complaining.
Ummmmm...... You know what? Yes.... you are RIGHT. I am complaining.

Whatever that makes me, so be it, it’s true.

ATKpilot99
5/16/2019 3:12pm
I just threw a thumbs down for the deported remark because I'd just get deported right back here. Or wait , I was born in Illinois ....maybe they could deport me back there.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 3:13pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I just threw a thumbs down for the deported remark because I'd just get deported right back here. Or wait , I was born in Illinois...
I just threw a thumbs down for the deported remark because I'd just get deported right back here. Or wait , I was born in Illinois ....maybe they could deport me back there.
That does sound like quite a bit of wasted money, getting you deported and then deported back, so.. I understand the thumbs down.
mxb2
5/16/2019 3:20pm
Regis wrote:
It’s true - MX/SX fans are spoiled now and a lot have turned into a bunch of Snowflakes. How many of you snowflakes actually ride? “I...
It’s true - MX/SX fans are spoiled now and a lot have turned into a bunch of Snowflakes. How many of you snowflakes actually ride?

“I paid $75 dollars, I want my live races without commercials, wait, the downtime is killing me, we need entertainment”

You know why MX tracks used to be packed and the hillsides had fans? Because people were tougher, like Hannah tough. They threw on some corduroy shorts, didn’t even pack a shirt... filled the cooler with Banquet Beer and got to the track to pick a spot when the damn sun was just coming up.

The one weekend a year the pros came through they were at the track to watch their heroes. They bonded with fellow fans, sometimes fist fought for a good place at the fence. I haven’t even seen a good fist fight at the track in years.

Couple things -

Yeah, yeah.... bunch of snowflakes going to tell me I’m stupid, Get outside, stand by the fence, get roosted, throw a Shaka and cheer the riders on. Get fired up to ride.

Or people complaining on nbc gold package, want free streams or share the mx,sx package by getting password. Buy your own shit. Or wait for you tube.
5/16/2019 3:21pm
I am in no way pointing out flawed logic. I only want to add minds being lost because Bubba speaks. And addition minds being lost when RC references a comment made on said speaking engagement. That is all. As you were.
peelout
5/16/2019 3:25pm
we blasted snowflakes all winter bro

Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 3:27pm
peelout wrote:
we blasted snowflakes all winter bro [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/16/347790/s1200_snowy.jpg[/img]
we blasted snowflakes all winter bro

Damn Peely, that looks like an epic time
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 3:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 3:33pm
Is that English? Are you calling me pretty? I’m confused? WTF
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 3:47pm
Help me understand. I can learn... how am I a snowflake? What’s the logic? How can I tell the snowflakes they are snowflakes, without being called a snowflake? I’ll do it!

Are you basically saying - “I’m rubber, you’re glue anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you?”

‘Cause that’s what I’m hearing. ??‍♂️?
Red Crawford
5/16/2019 3:41pm
Sounds like you've given this some thought! Is CBD legal in Georgia? ?
ATKpilot99
5/16/2019 3:45pm
Regis when I just clicked on this thread your thumbs up to thumbs down was 21 12 .....that's a great album.
newmann
5/16/2019 3:47pm
Regis wrote:
Well Reeg, you did double for Alyssa Milano back in the day before she went all batshit crazy.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 3:50pm
Regis wrote:
newmann wrote:
Well Reeg, you did double for Alyssa Milano back in the day before she went all batshit crazy.
I would love the opportunity to tell her, a guy was her and made decisions for her, being her on a toy mx bike. Just watch her head explode.
newmann
5/16/2019 3:54pm
Regis wrote:
It’s true - MX/SX fans are spoiled now and a lot have turned into a bunch of Snowflakes. How many of you snowflakes actually ride? “I...

Couple things -

So, if I read between the lines here you are saying that all the riders and teams are all massive pusses for wanting the nationals condensed down to one day because it was too tough as a 2 day event? And don’t forget, we can’t have a 125 national championship because it won’t fit the TV schedule. That and it isn’t fair to the fucking snowflakes at Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki.

Is that what I’m picking up from your post? Because I think I’m picking some of that up from your post.Smile
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 3:57pm
Regis wrote:

Couple things -

newmann wrote:
So, if I read between the lines here you are saying that all the riders and teams are all massive pusses for wanting the nationals condensed...
So, if I read between the lines here you are saying that all the riders and teams are all massive pusses for wanting the nationals condensed down to one day because it was too tough as a 2 day event? And don’t forget, we can’t have a 125 national championship because it won’t fit the TV schedule. That and it isn’t fair to the fucking snowflakes at Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki.

Is that what I’m picking up from your post? Because I think I’m picking some of that up from your post.Smile
You know what? I can’t single out the fans and not the industry too. The industry has catered to the snowflakes and created this snowflake mentality. So...
mysterion117
5/16/2019 4:05pm
I love watching old guys have complete meltdowns complaining about snowflakes, all the whole not realizing they’re acting EXACTLY like a snowflake. Quit being a whiny bitch and mind your own business
OLDMOTO
5/16/2019 4:19pm
MXSports, NBC, the factories and most of the top riders are profit making organizations. We are the paying consumers. The three nationals at Elsinore and Pala were bad products. Lots of people bought tickets and couldn't even get in to the race. Viewing was terrible. Customers were treated badly and some were out right cheated. Not once has DC, any of his minions, MXSports or Pala explained how they were going to correct the serious problems encountered in the past races. Are you just supposed to shut up and give them your money regardless of how poorly we are treated. If you went to a restaurant and the food was bad and the service sucked would you just shut up and go back for more? If you bought a car and it turned out to be a pile of shit would you line up to buy another one?
As for having to be loyal supporters or your a snowflake is just fucking stupid.

I used to be able to watch the top national pros at Carlsbad and Saddleback on Sundays. Not anymore. Times change
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 4:22pm
I love watching old guys have complete meltdowns complaining about snowflakes, all the whole not realizing they’re acting EXACTLY like a snowflake. Quit being a whiny...
I love watching old guys have complete meltdowns complaining about snowflakes, all the whole not realizing they’re acting EXACTLY like a snowflake. Quit being a whiny bitch and mind your own business
OLD GUYS???? Holy shit! I’ve reached old guy level? Damn..... Damn, the only thing that hurts here is being called old. shit. Wait ... I get it, I mentioned Hannah. I never actually watched him race, he was fine before I got the chance. However, I did hear about how his van broke down on the way to a race one time and he pushed it the rest of the way, in the snow, uphill.

I think I must have struck a nerve with you, maybe I hit a little too close to home there? Please, complete meltdown? I’m playing around on the internet. How do you mind your own business on a public MX forum?

Seeing how it’s a thread I started, wouldn’t it need to be YOU that minds their own business? I mean, it’s not like I went to something you posted and called you out.

Anyways, how is a non-snowflake supposed to call out a snowflake, without being a snowflake? I’m waiting for an answer from anyone.
face biter
5/16/2019 4:20pm
Regis wrote:

Couple things -

You forgot to say “ get off my lawn “
Tongue
mysterion117
5/16/2019 4:25pm
I love watching old guys have complete meltdowns complaining about snowflakes, all the whole not realizing they’re acting EXACTLY like a snowflake. Quit being a whiny...
Regis wrote:
OLD GUYS???? Holy shit! I’ve reached old guy level? Damn..... Damn, the only thing that hurts here is being called old. shit. Wait ... I get...
OLD GUYS???? Holy shit! I’ve reached old guy level? Damn..... Damn, the only thing that hurts here is being called old. shit. Wait ... I get it, I mentioned Hannah. I never actually watched him race, he was fine before I got the chance. However, I did hear about how his van broke down on the way to a race one time and he pushed it the rest of the way, in the snow, uphill.

I think I must have struck a nerve with you, maybe I hit a little too close to home there? Please, complete meltdown? I’m playing around on the internet. How do you mind your own business on a public MX forum?

Seeing how it’s a thread I started, wouldn’t it need to be YOU that minds their own business? I mean, it’s not like I went to something you posted and called you out.

Anyways, how is a non-snowflake supposed to call out a snowflake, without being a snowflake? I’m waiting for an answer from anyone.
4 paragraphs? Damn you’re butthurt lmao
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 4:30pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
MXSports, NBC, the factories and most of the top riders are profit making organizations. We are the paying consumers. The three nationals at Elsinore and Pala...
MXSports, NBC, the factories and most of the top riders are profit making organizations. We are the paying consumers. The three nationals at Elsinore and Pala were bad products. Lots of people bought tickets and couldn't even get in to the race. Viewing was terrible. Customers were treated badly and some were out right cheated. Not once has DC, any of his minions, MXSports or Pala explained how they were going to correct the serious problems encountered in the past races. Are you just supposed to shut up and give them your money regardless of how poorly we are treated. If you went to a restaurant and the food was bad and the service sucked would you just shut up and go back for more? If you bought a car and it turned out to be a pile of shit would you line up to buy another one?
As for having to be loyal supporters or your a snowflake is just fucking stupid.

I used to be able to watch the top national pros at Carlsbad and Saddleback on Sundays. Not anymore. Times change

Pretty sure the Lake Elsinore experiment didn’t work out and it hasn’t been back for a reason. Pala, last time was an awesome race. I was there. Track was amazing, spectating was great. Now... the parking was shit. However, I’m sure the problem has since been solved, there is no way they would go back without It being solved. There will be traffic, but I’ve sat for hours at glen helen in years past as well. Shit, I’ve raced a lot of nationals. Sat in a LOT of traffic.

I would understand being gun shy about heading back. That’s fair.

Still doesn’t change my mind about the spectators and the wussification we have witnessed
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2019 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 4:33pm
Regis wrote:
OLD GUYS???? Holy shit! I’ve reached old guy level? Damn..... Damn, the only thing that hurts here is being called old. shit. Wait ... I get...

4 paragraphs? Damn you’re butthurt lmao
Just have time to kill, snowflake. ?

Post a reply to: So many SNOWFLAKES

The Latest