So is anyone riding at Croom with RC Oct 3rd?0

Cancerman
Edited Date/Time 10/2/2015 8:35am
Anyone from Vital going to the Ricky C. ride day at Croom state ORV park this weekend?
|
Jharper
9/30/2015 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2015 3:09pm
I live like ten miles from croom and haven't even heard about it.... It's supposed to rain though
Cancerman
9/30/2015 3:57pm
Jharper wrote:
I live like ten miles from croom and haven't even heard about it.... It's supposed to rain though
It's Florida, it's always supposed to rain. I'm going unless its crazy rainy. I have to test the RM500AF. First day out with it.Woohoo Plus, It's my first time at Croom. My normal test track is Hard Rock.
Jharper
9/30/2015 4:15pm
Jharper wrote:
Cancerman wrote:
It's Florida, it's always supposed to rain. I'm going unless its crazy rainy. I have to test the RM500AF. First day out with it.:woohoo: Plus, It's...
It's Florida, it's always supposed to rain. I'm going unless its crazy rainy. I have to test the RM500AF. First day out with it.Woohoo Plus, It's my first time at Croom. My normal test track is Hard Rock.
Well that sounds like a blast except the croom part. Two way trails whooped out. It's definitely non Moto, but it's a good workout. If you like the woods I recommend parking in the very back. There's some single track, if you wanna ride in the open whoop put park in the front
Hattica77
9/30/2015 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2015 4:35pm
I got to ride Croom with RC, KW and Robbie Skaggs when we were like 12-14yrs old.

We used to make these awesome berm tracks that got so rough. At the end of the day we would make berm to berm doubles, some of which were ridiculously big. I've seen RC hit one 5th gear wide open with a head start from the pit area on his 85. Total front wheel high OJ to the flats.

The Shop

Jakes Dad
9/30/2015 4:57pm
Jake is working Saturday and racing the Gold Cup Sunday at Reddick. Does look cool though!
resetjet
9/30/2015 5:47pm
Im pissed. I am out of town. I ride croom all the time and always miss it when anyone famous shows up, which is often in the winter. On sunday the Orange state enduro goes out of croom as well, closed course, so you don't need any lights or plates, start controls so no timekeeping and gas at the car........

Croom sucks if you go where the quads go. There is some decent trails, but you gotta know where to go....ITs best to just play follow the leader. You sorta just follow someone and make your own trail out of 100 or so. I imagine RC will concentrate on the sandpit in the front......
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
9/30/2015 6:35pm
What role is RC playing in this ordeal?
Cancerman
9/30/2015 8:16pm

I don't know what role RC has, I know there's a ride at 9am, then a break for lunch, then another ride after, and over by 2pm. I think they want to get out before the heat kills every body. I know at lunch he's doing autographs. For me, I just want to see whats up, and an excuse to check out Croom, since I've never been there. I also am bringing out my latest project bike, to do some testing as well. I think I will look at the woods out back. I'm not a big fan of the ATV crowd. And a sand pit would get boring pretty fast as well. Thanks for your inputs, guys. Mike

Cancerman
9/30/2015 8:18pm
Jakes Dad wrote:
Jake is working Saturday and racing the Gold Cup Sunday at Reddick. Does look cool though!
Jakes Dad, shag your butt on out there. Hell, I'm 57, so I'm sure you can grab a bike out of the garage and putt around with me! Look for a red F-150 4 door. You can be outta there by 2pm or so. Mike
10/1/2015 12:43pm
Jharper wrote:

Here is a link to Croom's website with info - http://4goat.com/RCReturnstoCroom

And here is a link to the event page - http://www.freshfromflorida.com/News-Events/Event-Calendar/Forestry/Ric…

Hope to see some of you Florida guys there!

Also it's the day before the Florida Trail Riders 39th annual enduro.

10/1/2015 12:59pm
imoto34 wrote:
The primary reason for his involvement is to bring awareness to places people can ride in Florida. It is a big deal for the local motorcycle industry to have a place people/families can go to ride.

For those of you who don't know Ricky got started riding at Croom. His mom would pick him up after school and they would drive an hour to Croom and ride until dark then head home. If it weren't for the State Forest Ricky wouldn't of had a place to ride.

Plan is to do a welcome with the State Forest people then do an hour ride with anyone who wants to ride with him. Then come in for a break and do an hour autograph session before going back out for another hour ride session.

He also helped with the grand opening of Florida's newest motorcycle riding area in Milton Florida back in April.

https://www.facebook.com/ClearCreekOHV

Hope to see some of you Florida guys out there this weekend!

EastFlorida
10/1/2015 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2015 1:04pm
Is he racing the Croom Enduro? That's what we want to see him do! Support the Florida Trail Riders (FTR) and ride with the group!!

Stanton and some other former pros are riding offroad now, get Ricky to ride with FTR!
yota
10/1/2015 1:07pm
imoto34 wrote:
The primary reason for his involvement is to bring awareness to places people can ride in Florida. It is a big deal for the local motorcycle...
The primary reason for his involvement is to bring awareness to places people can ride in Florida. It is a big deal for the local motorcycle industry to have a place people/families can go to ride.

For those of you who don't know Ricky got started riding at Croom. His mom would pick him up after school and they would drive an hour to Croom and ride until dark then head home. If it weren't for the State Forest Ricky wouldn't of had a place to ride.

Plan is to do a welcome with the State Forest people then do an hour ride with anyone who wants to ride with him. Then come in for a break and do an hour autograph session before going back out for another hour ride session.

He also helped with the grand opening of Florida's newest motorcycle riding area in Milton Florida back in April.

I didn't know RC used to live that close to Croom, thought he grew up in the Tallahassee area.
resetjet
10/1/2015 1:08pm
No clearwater.

Somebody better get some video of this and post it........I wanna know what I missed......
yota
10/1/2015 1:10pm
resetjet wrote:
Im pissed. I am out of town. I ride croom all the time and always miss it when anyone famous shows up, which is often in...
Im pissed. I am out of town. I ride croom all the time and always miss it when anyone famous shows up, which is often in the winter. On sunday the Orange state enduro goes out of croom as well, closed course, so you don't need any lights or plates, start controls so no timekeeping and gas at the car........

Croom sucks if you go where the quads go. There is some decent trails, but you gotta know where to go....ITs best to just play follow the leader. You sorta just follow someone and make your own trail out of 100 or so. I imagine RC will concentrate on the sandpit in the front......
I live in Orlando and used to ride Croom all the time. It is a blast if you stay out of the pit in the front. Endless trails and you can make your own if you like. No designated trails in Croom, you can ride anywhere. The atv idiots stay mostly in the pit spinning donuts. The real trails are in the back. If you can handle the whoops and a little humidity give it a try. If not you're a wuss.
10/1/2015 1:25pm
Is he racing the Croom Enduro? That's what we want to see him do! Support the Florida Trail Riders (FTR) and ride with the group!! Stanton...
Is he racing the Croom Enduro? That's what we want to see him do! Support the Florida Trail Riders (FTR) and ride with the group!!

Stanton and some other former pros are riding offroad now, get Ricky to ride with FTR!
He wants to try an enduro/hare scramble, schedules just haven't worked out to find one to do yet...

Stanton is on him all the time to do one with him.
EastFlorida
10/1/2015 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2015 1:37pm
Is he racing the Croom Enduro? That's what we want to see him do! Support the Florida Trail Riders (FTR) and ride with the group!! Stanton...

He wants to try an enduro/hare scramble, schedules just haven't worked out to find one to do yet... Stanton is on him all the time to...
He wants to try an enduro/hare scramble, schedules just haven't worked out to find one to do yet...

Stanton is on him all the time to do one with him.
Heck yes! Get RC to an FTR Hare Scrambles and there won't be enough parking for everyone that would show up to watch!! Bartow race #2 and Dade City would be great for him to participate in!! Matt Boni shows up quite often as well...
10/1/2015 2:10pm
imoto34 wrote:
The primary reason for his involvement is to bring awareness to places people can ride in Florida. It is a big deal for the local motorcycle...

yota wrote:
I didn't know RC used to live that close to Croom, thought he grew up in the Tallahassee area.
Ricky was born in Clearwater and grew up in Tarpon Springs. He rode at Croom from about 6 or 7 years old until he moved to Tallahassee in 1991.

Post a reply to: So is anyone riding at Croom with RC Oct 3rd?0

The Latest