So...is Covington hurt?

moto0852
6/1/2019 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2019 11:08pm
What on earth is going on? Also. Does this say something about the 250 class in Europe? He's got to have an issue. At this rate, I can't see him getting a ride anywhere next year.
|
DPR250R
6/1/2019 6:28pm
It doesn't say anything about the 250 class in Europe.
6/1/2019 6:28pm
moto0852 wrote:
What on earth is going on? Also. Does this say something about the 250 class in Europe? He's got to have an issue. At this rate...
What on earth is going on? Also. Does this say something about the 250 class in Europe? He's got to have an issue. At this rate, I can't see him getting a ride anywhere next year.
It doesn’t say anything about the mx2 class. Lawrence is there too and doing much better and he was similarly a top 5 guy in Europe
Talisker
6/1/2019 6:31pm
Enquiring minds want to know?

ahahah..... Remember the National Enquire TV commercials....GrinningWoohooGrinningWoohoo
6/1/2019 6:32pm
His best lap was 10 seconds off AC92s in the first moto.

The Shop

6/1/2019 6:35pm
moto0852 wrote:
What on earth is going on? Also. Does this say something about the 250 class in Europe? He's got to have an issue. At this rate...
I believe he is under contract next year?
agn5009
6/1/2019 6:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2019 6:42pm
moto0852 wrote:
It doesn’t say anything about the mx2 class. Lawrence is there too and doing much better and he was similarly a top 5 guy in Europe
And Ferrandis. I know a lot of guys here thought Lawrence would be winning races based off of one great day at the MXdN a few years ago. They failed to look and see he was typically a 3rd-6th place guy there too.

Anyways, I look at the American series and I don’t see anyone with next level talent. Meaning, I don’t think anyone in the current crop can be a Tomac, Roczen, Dungey, Villopoto etc type of guy.

However, looking at the MX2 class I don’t know how anyone can argue that Prado won’t be the next level talent type. That kids got absolutely everything and will be a future legend barring a significant injury.
500guy
6/1/2019 6:47pm
I hate that there is nobody saying what's going on, He was real good last year, looked okay at his first SX then went to horrible.

Is there nobody out there with some real info?
agn5009
6/1/2019 6:51pm
500guy wrote:
I hate that there is nobody saying what's going on, He was real good last year, looked okay at his first SX then went to horrible...
I hate that there is nobody saying what's going on, He was real good last year, looked okay at his first SX then went to horrible.

It amazes me that they haven’t just said what it is that’s bothering him. Why all the secrecy? It’s not like he’s battling for wins. He’s rarely scoring any points.
crowe176
6/1/2019 6:56pm
On one of the podcasts I listened to this past week, maybe the Pro-Taper guy, or whoever is close to team husky, eluded to him not being happy with his bike.. He doesn’t look comfortable at all, but it’s a little hard to believe that his GP bike was good for 10 extra seconds a lap.

Also, maybe Matthes or DB, I though said the second year of his contract could possibly be void if he’s not performing.

Either way, he’s totally shitting the bed, and at this point/rate I would be surprised if he races next year at all.
FerCzD
6/1/2019 7:09pm
500guy wrote:
I hate that there is nobody saying what's going on, He was real good last year, looked okay at his first SX then went to horrible...

Where is Bloomslang when we need him? 😂

Either Covington is going to find his speed or he will quit racing. Hopefully the first one
6/1/2019 8:20pm
I saw him at perris mx last tuesday. Honestly he didn't look fast or comfortable on his bike. Also dean Wilson was there. He looked good.
cbuehler767
6/1/2019 8:25pm
crowe176 wrote:
On one of the podcasts I listened to this past week, maybe the Pro-Taper guy, or whoever is close to team husky, eluded to him not...
On one of the podcasts I listened to this past week, maybe the Pro-Taper guy, or whoever is close to team husky, eluded to him not being happy with his bike.. He doesn’t look comfortable at all, but it’s a little hard to believe that his GP bike was good for 10 extra seconds a lap.

Also, maybe Matthes or DB, I though said the second year of his contract could possibly be void if he’s not performing.

Either way, he’s totally shitting the bed, and at this point/rate I would be surprised if he races next year at all.
Its been my thinking he's hurt but if his excuse is its the bike he's full of shit and not mentally tough enough. 10sec slower because he's not comfortable? Like RC said you set your bike up and just ride it. Well he said something like that LoL
RexEasely
6/1/2019 9:25pm
Exactly 3 races....3...and the torch lighting begins...allow him to learn the tracks bike and team
Brent
6/1/2019 9:41pm
If he is hurt, he needs to stop racing now and get well.

These performances simply are not helping his market value, I don't care how long his contact is.

Remember, They sent Jason Anderson home when he was under performing on the Rockstar Suzuki all those years ago...
hamncheeze
6/1/2019 10:22pm
I totally had Benjamin Nelko beating Covington in both motos. For sure.
hamncheeze
6/1/2019 10:24pm
Brent wrote:
If he is hurt, he needs to stop racing now and get well. These performances simply are not helping his market value, I don't care how...
If he is hurt, he needs to stop racing now and get well.

These performances simply are not helping his market value, I don't care how long his contact is.

Remember, They sent Jason Anderson home when he was under performing on the Rockstar Suzuki all those years ago...
I said this after round 1 as well. If he's hurt, this is doing no one anything positive. Get healthy and come back prepared. If he's not hurt, give him a timeout and get him some mental coaching. Again, riding like this is doing nothing for him or the team.
struth
6/2/2019 1:17am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2019 1:19am

Clearly has some talent....

6/2/2019 3:14am
moto0852 wrote:
Although you can’t see him getting a ride next year the facts are he is still under contract with Husky so open your eyes.. I can’t see him getting a ride in 2021.
Also for the others stating the MXGP field is weak- explain why Mitch Harrison can’t crack the top 10 over there yet was capable of top 10’s in AMA?
(I don’t know what the hell is going on!)
Neo78
6/2/2019 3:15am
moto0852 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
And Ferrandis. I know a lot of guys here thought Lawrence would be winning races based off of one great day at the MXdN a few...
And Ferrandis. I know a lot of guys here thought Lawrence would be winning races based off of one great day at the MXdN a few years ago. They failed to look and see he was typically a 3rd-6th place guy there too.

Anyways, I look at the American series and I don’t see anyone with next level talent. Meaning, I don’t think anyone in the current crop can be a Tomac, Roczen, Dungey, Villopoto etc type of guy.

However, looking at the MX2 class I don’t know how anyone can argue that Prado won’t be the next level talent type. That kids got absolutely everything and will be a future legend barring a significant injury.
Prado no doubt is a talent, but he is beatable, as proven in France last week.

I’m a fan of the kid, but he’s far from the finished article. His racecraft when he doesn’t get the hole shot is ordinary at best.
Mavetism
6/2/2019 3:34am
moto0852 wrote:
Although you can’t see him getting a ride next year the facts are he is still under contract with Husky so open your eyes.. I can’t...
Although you can’t see him getting a ride next year the facts are he is still under contract with Husky so open your eyes.. I can’t see him getting a ride in 2021.
Also for the others stating the MXGP field is weak- explain why Mitch Harrison can’t crack the top 10 over there yet was capable of top 10’s in AMA?
(I don’t know what the hell is going on!)
Even roczen, who destroyed everyone in 2010/2011 and at the mxon a couple years needed 2+ years to adjust to a different series (schedule, tracks, new team, new training program).
Those guys are just humans. I mean ye, I excepted Covington to bring at least the same results as Lawrence, he even battled prado/jonass a couple GPS last year, but who knows what's wrong.
But trust me, it must be a bad feeling for him riding back to the husky trucks after a 30th finish without a mechanical/crash.
6/2/2019 4:09am
He was battling RJ hampshire in Florida 2 years ago for the win and now he’s 9 seconds slower a lap. Obviously something is wrong. Illness or injury.
6/2/2019 4:48am
Illness or injury coupled with perhaps struggling big time with the bike. This is going back some but I remember Searle saying how his AMA SXF 250 was nothing like his GP SXF 250, not even close... He said the stateside bike was so much faster but on the flip side also gave him significant arm pump issues to begin with. I don't think, nor am I saying it's that, but more making the point that there's so many areas that are different and can throw riders off their game, particularly when already struggling with injury.

If it is something at least partly bike related then it somewhat explains why he and the team have so far gone dark on any feedback to the fans - 'I hate this bike on top of everything else' isn't ideal publicity. Thomas as a rider is very very capable, he's had numerous great results against other great riders. You don't lose that overnight without some drastic problem. Just a little feedback to the fans would be nice, though has any journalist tried?
Casting
6/2/2019 5:07am
Has there been a single interview with Thomas or Husky since the motocross season began? I cant think of any but I might have missed them.

Seems like an interview every journalist should be chasing as its something most fans are curious about.
Flip109
6/2/2019 5:51am
He’s either injured or supercross ate his confidence up and shit it out. Was really hoping to see him contend for wins. Somebody interview him already geez
6/2/2019 6:24am
Silly question, but are there different requirements for bike setup between AMA and the GP’s?
roninho
6/2/2019 6:45am
It's not the bike that makes him miss 10 secs a lap.

And i've seen him enough in GPs to know that he is much better then 10 secs of the pace.

My guess is its not an injury since that would have been published by now. Maybe mental issues/stress/total loss of confidence/private issues.

cbuehler767
6/2/2019 7:29am
agn5009 wrote:
And Ferrandis. I know a lot of guys here thought Lawrence would be winning races based off of one great day at the MXdN a few...

Neo78 wrote:
Prado no doubt is a talent, but he is beatable, as proven in France last week. I’m a fan of the kid, but he’s far from...
Prado no doubt is a talent, but he is beatable, as proven in France last week.

I’m a fan of the kid, but he’s far from the finished article. His racecraft when he doesn’t get the hole shot is ordinary at best.
Ha! He's lost one moto in the last eight he's lined up for I believe. And he won the overall. He missed a whole race and has the points lead back. I dgaf about this stupid GP vs AMA but trying to downplay how next level the 18yr old World Champ on the way to his next title is pretty silly.
cbuehler767
6/2/2019 7:31am
He was battling RJ hampshire in Florida 2 years ago for the win and now he’s 9 seconds slower a lap. Obviously something is wrong. Illness...
He was battling RJ hampshire in Florida 2 years ago for the win and now he’s 9 seconds slower a lap. Obviously something is wrong. Illness or injury.
Good point
aeffertz
6/2/2019 7:38am
Casting wrote:
Has there been a single interview with Thomas or Husky since the motocross season began? I cant think of any but I might have missed them...
Has there been a single interview with Thomas or Husky since the motocross season began? I cant think of any but I might have missed them.

Seems like an interview every journalist should be chasing as its something most fans are curious about.
Swap talked to him a little bit at Pala. Cut to the 14 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/7Lql9KtaqRU?start=840
Johnny Ringo
6/2/2019 7:57am
Has a factory rider ever been fired mid season for lack of performance?

Post a reply to: So...is Covington hurt?

The Latest