So if Tomac is in for the MXoN who else would you pick for Team USA?

MohMoto14
6/19/2018 3:17pm
Lets see who wins the Red Bud national first. Whoever hauls the mail at the actual track the mxdn will be at gets my vote.
PRM31
6/19/2018 3:32pm
Eli also raced the GPs in the US which he does not have to do this year. As far as I’m concerned he’s earned the selection. As for the others, Baggot or Barcia and JMart or Plessinger. Which ever are better at Red Bud. I’ll add I’d love to see a healthy Anderson on his game get the call.
BR8ES
6/19/2018 3:34pm
Baggett is over hyped. He also rode horribly in his only MXDN appearance.

Barcia for MX3
Martin MX2 because APs starts suck
BR8ES wrote:
You are the only other poster that has mentioned that besides me, crazy that he is even a consideration from some.
Ericrob7 wrote:
Everyone keeps saying BB is going to put it together soon..still waiting on that. Question is he rides really well at Red Bud (last year) depending...
Everyone keeps saying BB is going to put it together soon..still waiting on that. Question is he rides really well at Red Bud (last year) depending on his results at Red Bud this year...would you pick him solely on that?
I wouldn't, history tends to repeat itself.
gerg
6/19/2018 3:43pm
Wait Tomac is in?

Doesn't deserve a spot IMO and clearly not because of his riding ability.

Last year he gave team US the middle finger HURRR I'M TOO TIRED TO RACE bullshit.

The Shop

motomike137
6/19/2018 3:52pm
I'll gladly accept Tomac's willingness to ride this year. We badly need to win on our home soil and we will need his help. I'm a Barcia slappy but he tradtionally rides great at Red Bud and he has performed well at the Des Nations in the past. As long as he stays solid and I believe he will get better in the next couple of races it would be a slap in Justins face to pick Anderson if he comes back imho. Bagget I just don't have faith in. The 250 rider is a tough call. I like Plessinger but Jeremy Martin does normally get better starts. I think the story will work itself out in the next few races.
joshflo
6/19/2018 3:58pm
gerg wrote:
Wait Tomac is in? Doesn't deserve a spot IMO and clearly not because of his riding ability. Last year he gave team US the middle finger...
Wait Tomac is in?

Last year he gave team US the middle finger HURRR I'M TOO TIRED TO RACE bullshit.
Easy to say from the couch. It’s funny cuz people complain when guys get burnt out and retire young like RV and RD, yet also complain when a guy wants a damn break. Jesus guys get over it he wasn’t the first person to turn it down and he won’t be the last
PJRAUS
6/19/2018 4:02pm
Here's my picks Team USA Eli Tomac Aaron Plessinger Justin Barcia. Team France Marvin Musquin Dylan Ferrandis Gautier Paulin Team Great Britain Max Anstie Ben Watson...
Here's my picks

Team USA

Eli Tomac
Aaron Plessinger
Justin Barcia.

Team France

Marvin Musquin
Dylan Ferrandis
Gautier Paulin

Team Great Britain

Max Anstie
Ben Watson
Tommy Searle

Team Australia

Todd Waters
Hunter Lawrence (or Jett depends on the end of season)
Dean Ferris

Team Belgium

Clement Desalle
Jago Geerts
Jeremy Van Horebeek

Team Netherlands

Jeffrey Herlings
Calvin Vlaanderen
Glenn Coldenhoff
Unfortunately, Dean Ferris ruled himself out a couple of months ago, i think he really wants to be a title threat in sx and mxon falls on a weekend of a sx round here. Kirk Gibbs should get nod to go and rightly so too.
One of the Lawrence brothers for sure , not sure how Todd Waters is going after his injury.
I'd like to see Kade Mosig get the opportunity to go, he's the only one to beat Ferris so far this year, hes really been improving lately but i suppose he has to race sx too
ATKpilot99
6/19/2018 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2018 4:08pm
Without Eli the team doesn't win. They may not anyway. And right now I'd go with Jmart and Barcia.
gnarwhip
6/19/2018 4:35pm
Plessinger and Jeremy Martin. Remember how well Martin did on the 450 at Daytoner
plowboy
6/19/2018 4:39pm
For me...it shouldn't be a choice of only the best riders....but the best representatives. The MXoN is not a money race...it's a pride race plain and simple. Eli did not step up. That's a fact. I believe that Barcia, and the Martin brothers would crawl through broken glass and fish hooks to be there. I can only assume that Plessinger feels the same. Always remember....we aren't racing against the entire GP field combined...only individual countries. We can field a strong team without Tomac. I don't dislike Eli but this race has a different significance that he didn't understand or care about. Send the folks that get it.
Sully
6/19/2018 4:51pm
I agree people are too hard on Tomac. Don't forget he was contractually obligated to race the MXGP events (2 in 16, 1 in 17). I...
I agree people are too hard on Tomac. Don't forget he was contractually obligated to race the MXGP events (2 in 16, 1 in 17). I recall reading a couple of interviews that he expressed disappointment in having to ride those events (where he won 5 out of 6 motos). I read between the lines that he would have preferred to race MXDN, though I am sure the bonus money for winning 2 MXGP overalls was nice...
billyp330 wrote:
Sounds like he should learn to read his contract before signing it
Seems to me that he did read his contract – he went to the races that would pay him. You guys not liking his decision is your problem, not his.

As for the US's MX2 and 3 riders, it's hard to go against Barcia and JMart. And frankly, I think France would be absolutely stupid to not pick Musquin and Ferrandis for their team this year. Their MX3 guy could be a toss up between Paulin and Febvre.
6/19/2018 5:02pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Without Eli the team doesn't win. They may not anyway. And right now I'd go with Jmart and Barcia.
I think a team without Tomac could still win, especially at Red Bud. Though I really hope Tomac shows up, a Herlings/Tomac battle would be sweet!
Excaliburbmx
6/19/2018 6:06pm
TDeath21 wrote:
I wouldn’t pick Tomac even if he wanted to go
Porch32 wrote:
You must not care if we win or not on home soil then
Dude is an epic dick his opinion is as valuable as recycled alpo.
plowboy
6/19/2018 6:44pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Porch32 wrote:
I for one, would love to see us win especially on home soil but he was invited last year and opted out. I don't remember him being injured so unless he was legally restricted....he just had better things to do. That's entirely his prerogative but we have other riders. Ultimately, Roger is the decider and he will probably pick Eli if he's willing....can't say I would.
Wiff3
6/19/2018 6:55pm
But mommy, Eli won't race the MXON this year! You're right, I should just hate on him forever!! (stomps his little feet and walks back to his play room) hahahahahaha

Tomac, Barcia, Jmart!!
Excaliburbmx
6/19/2018 7:42pm
Dungey didn’t race it every year either. No ones hating on him.
Lucifa.
6/19/2018 8:16pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Porch32 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
I for one, would love to see us win especially on home soil but he was invited last year and opted out. I don't remember him...
I for one, would love to see us win especially on home soil but he was invited last year and opted out. I don't remember him being injured so unless he was legally restricted....he just had better things to do. That's entirely his prerogative but we have other riders. Ultimately, Roger is the decider and he will probably pick Eli if he's willing....can't say I would.
I believe Eli opted out because he was training for the Monster Cup. Something to do with what Kawasaki wanted him to do.

Maybe he wanted a bit of time to himself and go hunting.

Crush
6/20/2018 3:00am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2018 3:01am
I love AP but you need a guy who comes through the pack like a freight train on the 250 or is a guaranteed starter, especially on a deep track with lots of hairpins... Hence Zacho is perfect, he just hammers it home... and J-Mart is the same.

I think Barcia is a real shot but it'll probably be Bagget based on results. Their MXdN performances are like mental 180°s of each other, maybe Bagget needs some redemption but Barcia has really stepped up each time he's worn the flag.
Crush
6/20/2018 3:02am
Here's my picks Team USA Eli Tomac Aaron Plessinger Justin Barcia. Team France Marvin Musquin Dylan Ferrandis Gautier Paulin Team Great Britain Max Anstie Ben Watson...
Here's my picks

Team USA

Eli Tomac
Aaron Plessinger
Justin Barcia.

Team France

Marvin Musquin
Dylan Ferrandis
Gautier Paulin

Team Great Britain

Max Anstie
Ben Watson
Tommy Searle

Team Australia

Todd Waters
Dean Ferris

Team Belgium

Clement Desalle
Jago Geerts
Jeremy Van Horebeek

Team Netherlands

Jeffrey Herlings
Calvin Vlaanderen
Glenn Coldenhoff
PJRAUS wrote:
Unfortunately, Dean Ferris ruled himself out a couple of months ago, i think he really wants to be a title threat in sx and mxon falls...
Unfortunately, Dean Ferris ruled himself out a couple of months ago, i think he really wants to be a title threat in sx and mxon falls on a weekend of a sx round here. Kirk Gibbs should get nod to go and rightly so too.
One of the Lawrence brothers for sure , not sure how Todd Waters is going after his injury.
I'd like to see Kade Mosig get the opportunity to go, he's the only one to beat Ferris so far this year, hes really been improving lately but i suppose he has to race sx too
How good is the idea of future teams with Beaton and the Lawrence's?

Crikey!
PJRAUS
6/20/2018 6:47am
Here's my picks

Team USA

Eli Tomac
Aaron Plessinger
Justin Barcia.

Team France

Marvin Musquin
Dylan Ferrandis
Gautier Paulin

Team Great Britain

Max Anstie
Ben Watson
Tommy Searle

Team Australia

Todd Waters
Dean Ferris

Team Belgium

Clement Desalle
Jago Geerts
Jeremy Van Horebeek

Team Netherlands

Jeffrey Herlings
Calvin Vlaanderen
Glenn Coldenhoff
PJRAUS wrote:
Unfortunately, Dean Ferris ruled himself out a couple of months ago, i think he really wants to be a title threat in sx and mxon falls...
Crush wrote:
How good is the idea of future teams with Beaton and the Lawrence's?

Crikey!
Friggin' good!
cbuehler767
6/20/2018 8:03am
gnarwhip wrote:
Plessinger and Jeremy Martin. Remember how well Martin did on the 450 at Daytoner
Exactly my thoughts. Surprised no one else suggested it. I was thinking AP on the 450 though
dboivin
6/20/2018 8:12am
these guys butthurt over eli declining previously crack me up. hes the one that earned his position in this sport...thru a ton of losing out on lifes regular things. The guy chooses a regular thing (like hunting) and you guys act like he owes you something. you guys can really eat a dick.

hope eli shows up, if he doesn't, not a big deal. plenty of guys wanting to if he can't.

Tomac
Pless
Martin
hamncheeze
6/20/2018 8:19am
All this stuff about Tomac skipping it. He went in 2013 and 2014. In 2015 he was hurt. In 2016 he opted out because he had a long, trying season with a new bike, new team, and new shoulders. In 2017 he had to race the GP and MEC after a long season with 2 stressful title fights. It’s not as easy as it looks.

Plus, let’s not discount that Kawasaki is not a big fan of MXoN. RV could have went in 2013 but opted to focus on MEC. Matthes has even said on his show that the Kawi guys are not fans of MXoN.
6/20/2018 8:23am
gerg wrote:
Wait Tomac is in? Doesn't deserve a spot IMO and clearly not because of his riding ability. Last year he gave team US the middle finger...
Wait Tomac is in?

Blah blah blah, Who gives a rats ass!!!

Let the guy breath....
pilotdude
6/20/2018 8:29am
Tomac MX1. He is an obvious choice, despite his past refusals to ride, which understandably do not sit well with some.

JMart MX2 J Mart is riding more like the J Mart of old, gets good starts, and has a track record of success at this race. The problem at the moment is Plessenger leading by a fair margin and DeCoster making his choice based on that. Plessenger would possibly be a good pick, but his starts can be weak and his record unknown VS J Mart's. A Mart would be good also, maybe better than Plessenger. Our MX2 choices are plentiful and powerful.

Barcia MX3. Barcia is a fighter who delivers at the MXdN. An obvious and easy choice.

Others:

Baggett has had his chances and not delivered so no go on him.

Anderson is a possibility but him being out puts him behind the 8 ball badly. In his favor is DeCoster's history of favoring his brands in his picks for the team.

Still a long way to go before decision time however.
cbuehler767
6/20/2018 8:31am
pilotdude wrote:
Tomac MX1. He is an obvious choice, despite his past refusals to ride, which understandably do not sit well with some. JMart MX2 J Mart is...
Tomac MX1. He is an obvious choice, despite his past refusals to ride, which understandably do not sit well with some.

JMart MX2 J Mart is riding more like the J Mart of old, gets good starts, and has a track record of success at this race. The problem at the moment is Plessenger leading by a fair margin and DeCoster making his choice based on that. Plessenger would possibly be a good pick, but his starts can be weak and his record unknown VS J Mart's. A Mart would be good also, maybe better than Plessenger. Our MX2 choices are plentiful and powerful.

Barcia MX3. Barcia is a fighter who delivers at the MXdN. An obvious and easy choice.

Others:

Baggett has had his chances and not delivered so no go on him.

Anderson is a possibility but him being out puts him behind the 8 ball badly. In his favor is DeCoster's history of favoring his brands in his picks for the team.

Still a long way to go before decision time however.
Would def have no problems with Barcia. Everything you said is true
6/20/2018 8:40am
I would like to see how Bagget does at red bud, if he can finish a solid top 3, I would pick him. If not, coin toss between Barcia and Anderson-- Anderson with the slight edge IMO.
Merida
6/21/2018 6:00am
MX open: Tomac
MX1: Musquin
MX2: Roczen

Stamp it !
MotoX85
6/21/2018 10:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2018 10:02pm
BobPA wrote:
Let Eli sit this one out. He is a fair weather MXoN guy Whistling
X3

Completely agree. I would rather send riders that have went in the past.

Post a reply to: So if Tomac is in for the MXoN who else would you pick for Team USA?

The Latest